Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #3

jen - yer i only sent the forms off yesti, so god only knows how long it will be...
    sometimes i think Jaylen has wind too but he only burps sometimes too, i find if i put him on his tummy on my chest and kinda lift his knees up it helps him fart hehe!
    yer if i couldnt get Jaylen settled in the hospital i would take him to the nursery so i could get some sleep, one night i spent like 4 hours trying to settle him and i was getting really upset so i took him up there, he always settled straight away in there! i felt bad putting him in there but i needed sleep and my milk wasnt in at that time so he wasnt really going to settle...

god Jaylens been good 2day, ive managed to have brekkie AND lunch, have a shower, and get ready ect! wow hehe

Jackson has become a bit windy towards the evening we currently us Infants Friend but used to use with Cara Infacol. May go back to that one soon. Then there is a more natural one too by Brauer (sp?). We also wrap Jackson too but not too tight & we always leave his arms free otherwise it would drive him nutso!! LOL.

Mary - Glad to hear your Mums Group went well ! I always enjoy going to mine though I haven't been in a few weeks. Just went back again yesterday & talked up a storm,LOL. Think I gave them all h/aches!! Did you like the general feel of it? Surprised to hear that it isn't mire organised... Maybe you can host one of the meets? We usually mix it a bit with ours just for a change of scenery now & then
    Last edited by hindonly; February 21st, 2008 at 12:44 PM.

Ok while Sophies sleeping before her next feed i'm going to try and catch up with you guys and do some personals .Sorry i didnt check in yesterday, was spending "quality" time with the family before they go home on Saturday/Sunday. My older sister is coming up sometime around March 4th staying with a friend thats going to the theme parks so woohoo!!. So for just over a week it will be just the 3 of us and after that it should be just Chris, Sophie & I for a while unless any more family are visiting that havent said yet.

Went and got Sophie weighed this morning and shes put on 160g from last thursday little porker!!, the lady forgot to measure her but i figure if shes putting on weight shes growning in cm's. The health nurse today was REALLY pushing me to breast feed as apparently what i've been doing isnt right in her book but hey its worked so far & Sophies been getting enough its only been the last 2 nights and she said she might have a bit of thrush on her tongue & her weepy eye was a bit yuck only because i forgot to clean it before we left home. If my milk is going then its going, and ill put Sophie on formula full time it doesnt bother me, shes been getting boobie juice for 4 weeks so thats something.

The jewellery store rang yesterday morning while i was feeding Sophie to say my ring was back from being re-sized so we went and picked it up and OMG its more gorgeous than i remember!!, i took a picture at 4am and put it into the my gallery if anyone wants to have a sticky beak , its a princess cut that has 4 diamonds in it and then has 5 smaller diamonds either side of that.

Jess- they say 28days for the baby bonus to be paid depends how many they have to process as to how long it takes. Hopefully it wont take too long.

Jen- Sophie has bad wind 2 nights ago and try as i might i couldnt get rid of it and once shed farted/burped she settled and went to sleep. The last 2 nights i've had to supplement 1 feed with formula as i didnt have enough which is fine by me. Oh i understand that Amber hasnt been on her tummy as yet shes only a week old, we didnt try Sophie on her tummy until she was 3weeks. I know i couldnt believe my luck that Sophie sleeps well, tell Amber that she should co-operate and sleep when mummy says too and she'll be rewarded bribery still works with kids doesnt it?...... haha

Kate- ive been giving Sophie s26 gold when ive had to top her up and so far it isnt affecting her, i only bought the box with 6 sachets in it incase she had a reaction so if she goes well on the s26 gold i'll buy a tin. BILLY & SOPHIE ARE 4 WEEKS OLD!!!. Havent heard from Maz, i seen her talking in the Sept 06 baby buddies but it was a brief post.

JESUS i'm doing a Kate writing a chapter for a novel

Well i hope everyone got some form of sleep last night, we went to bed about 10.30pm and got up at 3am and then went back to bed at 4.30am after Sophie had fallen asleep and then we got up at 7am but Sophie didnt wake up until about 8.30am for her feed.

I think i got everyone if i missed anyone im sorry ill catch you next time.

Hi ladies,

Kate - it sounds like you have tried DAM'N hard to get this breast feeding thing organised. Don't worry about giving up expressing. I've got baby brain...i can't remember whether you said you were on Maxalon or anything. If you want to try one more thing, see if you can go to a health food shop or naturopath and ask for Chaste Tree (or berries) tablets or Fenugreek. I went to a naturopath and she's given me a tonic with about four herbs in it and it seemed to bring my milk in. It took about a week but it did work. It's still working to a degree now even though I've stopped expressing since Sunday. I'm just letting Amy drink from bbs for ten minutes per side (although she doesn't like my right boo'b) and then topping her up with whatever amount of formula she wants. It seems to be working. I just take the bottle with me when I go out. It's not too bad. Seriously, I think you've tried hard enough. Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm going to try with my bb's until they give up now and continue with the top ups. If you do give expressing the flick make sure you wean yourself off one express per day. No one will judge you if you go to formula. I'm pretty close. I'm just letting Amy wean herself off my bbs pretty much cos I doubt the milk will last much longer.

As for Amy and I, we went to the clinic and she had put on 205g in six days so I'm no longer worried about her weight. things are going really well. And on that stupid chart, she's between the centre line and the one just below it so really I have nothing to worry about!! Yay! She's just not going to be a big chubber baby. Got our last appointment with the birth centre midwife tomorrow. Will be kinda sad because she's been so supportive but we bought her a gift so I'm looking forward to giving her that.

Mary - We bought a Valco navigator. They're on sale at Big W at the moment. It's excellent and only weighs 7kg. I definitely recommend it as its cheap, only $160 and really easy to put up and down. some bits of it aren't the best quality but it does the trick.

well better go as my angel is due for a feed. Hello to all you other lovely ladies and bubs xxxx Nik and Amy

Ok I am still getting my head around this... What do people do with their babies after they wake up. Do you feed them straight away, change their nappies, play?
    With us Amber wakes up, we check her nappy, feed on one side and then probably change her nappy. We feed the other side, wrap her and then try and get her to sleep again. We may vary this slightly. We cuddle with her. When we think she is sleepy we will rock her, bounce on the fitball and wait until she is in a deep sleep before putting her down. We cant put her down when she i just sleepy because she will wake herself up.
    Now with my feeding, she will feed on one side for a short time before she puts herself to sleep, I then burp her and either try the same side or go to the other side. But she does fall asleep attached to me or she just sucks on a nipple. After we have her wrapped and try and settle her sometimes she needs more to drink before she is sleepy again...... Are other babies ferocious drinkers?
    I know this is something I will bring up with the health nurse but I am curious on how others do it.

Nik- You have gone to extraordinary lengths to keep bf. If all else fails formula is not the boogy man people make it out to be. She is happy and so are you. Plus she is putting on weight so it must be fine. Amber is a 10lber so you can have some of her weight!

Jo- Amber is not a huge huge cryer but she takes a long time to settle into a sleep. If I dont take the long time she will wake herself up within an hour. You must be doing just fine in the sleep department.

Carol- We wrap Ambers arms because she will fling them around otherwise and keep herself awake.

Oh touch wood my girl is crying so hopefully we have a good evening.

Hey Jen,

What I do with Scally when she wakes up is: cuddle, feed on one side, change nappy, then, if it's day I'll do play time, then wrap & feed the other side, then bed.

At night it's just feed, change, wrap & feed before back into bed.

Billy Ocean Guest

Jen, just quickly (be back later to write more novels! ) - I have got the Brauer Colic Relief drops for wind. I haven't had to use it since changing formula BUT it's awesome. Get it from the chemist or health food joint. It's all natural.

When Billy wakes - I change his nappy then feed him then pretty much put him back to bed otherwise he tends to get over tired and I can't get him to settle - like this evening as we've been out all day then Michael came over. He does have some more awake time in the mornings though.

Back later. Dad bought prawns!

x

ps. Yay! HAPPY 4 WEEK BIRTHDAY TO SOPHIE AND BILLY B!

Billy Ocean Guest

QM - yes, it's a conspiracy. We thought we'd planned it so well but you've caught us!

Jess, hope you had fun out today with your Mum and Chris (is that his name?). Oh, you wait 'til your money comes through. I had to put most of it on a credit card and I paid my parents back for a loan they gave me (yet another one ) but otherwise, I bought so much stuff today. Well, a microwave steriliser, some Bonds leggings for BTK, a formula dispenser thingy, um another wrap, some stuff for me... Oh, I had the best time. I went out to Sunbury and they have Big W! I'm in love with Big W!

Jo, the ring is awesome. You're a lucky girl - however, you deserve it! I wouldn't be too worried about what that woman said by the way. Sophie's doing great and the more I read/listen, formula's just fine.

Mary, I have the Beema pram too, as you might remember. It is heavy hey? I didn't realise how heavy. Perhaps I'm not as strong as I was before BTK came! I'll persist. It takes up heaps of room but I like it. Let me know what you end up with.

Nik, thanks so much for your supportive words. I'm going to give the expressing the as*. Going to do what you're doing and put him on the bb at feeds then formula. I didn't express all day today or yesterday (well, apart from in the morning and at night) as I was out all day. They'd bl00dy have you taking the pump shopping with you if they had their way. pmsl I'm so glad Amy's going well. What did you get the midwife?

Hey Jen, I know you've been busy but have you got any more pics of Amber? Billy wants to show everyone his future wife! In all seriousness, I hope you're doing well today. I've been thinking of you, as has everyone here. It's hard at times and I hope it gets better really soon.

Hmm, also, if anyone has texted me and not received a reply - that's not like me - my phone is playing funny buggers. I always reply. It's doing my head in.

Mum bought a mini bottle of Pink champagne to celebrate BTK's 4 week birthday. I had half of that with her now having a wine. Oh, it's just lovely!

Back later.

x

Billy Ocean Guest

ps. Jess, that mobile you were talking about, is it the Peek a Boo leaves thingy by Fisher Price? If so, BTK has it. My aunt bought it for him. The nature sounds are awesome on it, the movement it does is great but don't play the music... it does out heads in. pmsl

yeah kate we have big w. ben was there today. we have so many wraps from there. we like the cotton ones cos they stretch and are easier than the muslin.
    sorry i didnt invite you over today. Our child is so hard to work out. She woke at 630 this morning. I think I got her back down at 830 for half an hour. Another half an hour at 10 then 4 hours at midday. She was up at 430. She has been feeding constantly since then. we have tried putting her down but she keeps waking 5-10 minutes later. She wont feed for a long period. She falls asleep on me so we wrap her, rock her, put her to bed then she wakes and the whole process starts again. i cannot get her down while drowsy. for her to sleep she has to be in a deep sleep in my arms. so i envy all of you girls who get the constant up, feed, nappy, sleep......
    ok she seems to be asleep in my arms.... lets try again.... my nipples hurts from so much. she will drink a little bit, then suck on the nipple. she wont drink her full share at once.
    i wonder if the maternal nurse can help tomorrow. she is coming at 2.

sorry double post.

kate i have more pics on facebook of amber

Billy Ocean Guest

Jen, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee don't apologise. As I said, no problem at all. I just wanted to let you know I'd be around if you wanted/needed company. We've got plenty of time, plus, we're going to have a bbq and beers one day, remember!

Make sure you tell the nurse all your concerns etc. They are there to help. Don't let them bully you either. I have heaps of literature from my MHN - if she doesn't give you stuff, let me know and I'll copy mine and send it over. Have to go back to Big W anyway - picked up the wrong pants - that's what happens when you buy all black.

Oooo... bit tipsy on the wine!

Where's TIFF?

s361768 Guest

Hey Everyone,

Just reading through posts and seeing how everyone is fairing.

I noticed that a few babies in this thread are a bit colicky and windy. Francis is a little windy as well. He asks to be fed for comfort a bit. I find if I don't comfort feed during this time the colic passes on its own, most of the time I give in because he grizzles.

With my third son I used brauer colic relief but found that weak camomile tea worked a lot better. I also used donalix (sp?) but found that it made him drowsy and stopped using it.

Hawksey, yes I am still here, I live in the western suburbs of Brisbane (I think) - I had to buy another car because my little swift died, I guess it didn't matter because it was becoming somewhat of a clown car...I have also been trooping off to Uni this week, I am so tired so am going to stretch my postgrad over two years I think.

I hope everyone is well - should start seeing some little baby smiles soon, I reckon that has to be the best (least stressfull too) milestone
    Karen
    Last edited by s361768; February 21st, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Billy Ocean Guest

Ooooooooooooooo Jen, she's just GORGEOUS! I just wanna squeeze her! You know, in a cute way, not in a bad way.

x

s361768 Guest

Hawksey and other Brissy ladies,

I would love to catch up if anyone would like to!!! It would be nice to meet new people and do something different as opposed to nappy changing, study and chasing after toddlers and doing my eldest son's homework.

Karen- Nice to hear from you! Where abouts are you located? You mention West Subs -- thats where I am Also I've never heard of using weak camomile tea before. Does it really work well? I'm willing to try anything - thats safe for him!!

Jen- Re wrapping bubbies. All bubs are different so what works for one might not work for another. No-one knows your bub better than you You'll always see what works for some mums & their bubs which is gr8 & sometimes worth trying whatever it is. Just trial & error til you find what works for you My DD used to like to be wrapped too arms & all just not my little man though!LOL.

Jackson was sooo windy tonight!! Actually tried the Brauer Colic tonight & not really much difference Poor little boy! He was so tired too - but the wind was really distressing him!

Billy Ocean Guest

Jen, forgot to say, I'll hold off on the course if you want to go together. I've waited 33 years, a bit longer won't matter.

Billy Ocean Guest

Hey Carol,

I don't know if you got the DVD from the hospy on raising kids or whatever it is but it has this wrapping technique where you fold down one corner and kinda stick their little arms in so they can move them around but not too much. OK, this makes no sense. I need a video post to explain. pmsl

I think I'm tired...

x

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast