Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #3

Kate - I did get that one but Jackson doesn't like it, but thats okay That was a good DVD wasn't it.

s361768 Guest

Hi Hindonly,

My health nurse told me to use camomile tea with my third, it really does work. I had a terrible morning with Francis a few days ago and my partner made up some tea (boiled water) - around 25ml. Brauer colic relief has camomile in it (with preservatives added

The tea is natural, and really does help settle them. However if you are really suffering... Donnalix is an over the counter colic relief - you have to ask for it. It works and is much much better than the remedies on the shelf.

I live in the indro suburbs!!! I think this is west lol

Thanks Karen I might try the tea - so its just a weak camomile is that right? I'll try that 1st anyway & keep the other up my sleeve!

We should meet up sometime. We're not that far apart. I'm near Jindalee,Mt Ommaney...

Carol

s361768 Guest

Hi Hindonly,

Not too weak just a nice gold colour - no sugar

I do my shopping at My Ommaney all the time, I don't indro shopping centre it is far to busy. My sister and her family also live in Jamboree Heights.

My son also attends special ed in Jindalee - I know everything points to me moving out that way - but Indro is close to the uni. Anyway I am only a few mins down the centenary highway so if you do want to catch up that would be great

Karen

Let me know okay next time your out here & you can come visit me here at home

s361768 Guest

Hindonly,

With regards to the camomile... if you have tried the Brauer I would try the tea, I would hate myself if your little bubs was allergic to camomile.

I thought I should add that. It would be unlikely I have never had a problem. However I am allergic to everything and when I give my kids new products I always think about these things!!!

s361768 Guest

I am out at centerary tomorrow I have to go to medicare for a rebate and do some shopping. However I am not sure what time I will be there I have uni at until midday and a doctors appointment at 1pm.

If you have a mobile number I could text you if you would like.

Karen

s361768 Guest

I think camomile tea is an old colic relief remedy... my parents and my partners parents said sugar water and swear by it (oldies hehe) - I have never tried this - but I don't think it sounds too healthy.

Let me know how you go with it, if you do try it. Louis always settled after tea. I wish I knew of these things with my first because I was an absolute train wreck with him.

P.S. Sorry about the 3 or so posts in a row girls

Karen

Morning girls,

Kate - I knew it!! Y'all are sneaky!

Jen - I don't thing anyone has 'constant' feed, nappy, sleep times.... especially not me!

Those of you with 'windy' bubs, my belly buddies & alot of the mummys in the dec babies thread are huge fans of Infants Friend if any of you wanted to give that a go. I've used it a couple of times with Scally & it seems to do the trick, doesn't hurt that she loves the taste of it & it's also good 'cause it's okay from birth. I read somewhere that the donnalix (sp?) had some dodgy stuff in it (as in a bit too hardcore for an upset tummy) so I never went for that, but whatever works!! My mum bought some gripewater with her when she came to visist but I've not used it.

Hi all mummies!

Jess: I think it's definately worth getting a fisher price musical thing that hangs on the cot. We've got one that's a jungle theme that lights up, plays music and trickles water like a waterfall! Bodie loves his, sometimes we even put him down in the cot with his eyes half closed and he just watches it until he falls asleep! My MIL gave us one and it's great! There would probably be lots on ebay.

I recommend all mothers to get one of the above!

Jen: Hope the nurse helped with your feeding concerns. I've got Bodie on S26 formula, he hasn't had many problems just a bit of constipation earlier on. Even if you top Amber up with some after a feed it might help her settle a little easier?

Mary: We have a Jeep sports series pram. It is the lightest one i've felt and we got it from Big W. It has lots of compartments for keys, drink holders etc. Did you end up getting one from Babies galore?

Jo: Your ring is gorgeous! It's similar to mine, i've got a gold band and princess cut diamond.

Nik: Thats great about Amy putting on all that weight and now you won't have to worry!

Kate: Im with you on the champagne! I had 1 glass the other day and it went straight to my head, hehehe made me pretty tipsy!

Hi Karen, Yeah I think my little man is starting to try & smile. And it's not wind! Can't wait till he does it properly.

Can't believe our little man is almost 2 months!!! It's gone so quick.

April & Bodie xo

~Belinda~ Guest

Hi Girls,

I'm back online now and our move went really well! I won't do personals as there are so many but I've been gone a while so no doubt there would be!

Madeleine is doing super well and now 6.3kgs and 62cm! We've had to move up to "00" clothes now. Get yourselves to Target too! I went yesterday and bought 5 outfits and 8 singlets for Madeleine for $50! Some were $29.99 marked down to $3!! Get yourselves down there if you need new clothes. I have so many "000" clothes for her and some we haven't even worn so they are going straight in the bag now. All her little "00" ones are on the line as we speak so I can't wait to take them all off and fold them all ready for her to wear!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Bindy xx

kate - yer had fun last night, a mate got Jaylen an ABC book and a size 1 outfit, its awsome, dark grey dress kinda shorts and a white, green and grey shirt! gorgeous! and some bath stuff for me!!
    yep thats the mobile i was looking at! will deff have to get one!

april - omg nilly 2 months, god thats gone quick! i cant beleive Jaylen is 2 weeks 2day! yer will have to get one of them mobiles once the money comes through!

oh Jaylens so good, fed him on on side b4 and hes just been sitting in his bouncer for like 30 mins, awake just looking around lol!

jen - in the daytime he wakes up for a feed, i sit with him for a min and play and talk to him, then i feed him on one side, change his nappy and then if hes not REALLY sleepy i will put him on the other side, if hes still sleepy as after i've changed his nappy i will put him in the bouncer... and at night i just pick him up, feed him and put him down lol

oh gotta go hes winging hehe!

Hey Lovelies,

Karen- Nice to see you back, hope everything is going well for you.

April- thanks, your ring sounds gorgeous too. I've never worn yellow gold it doesnt look right on me, the jewellery Chris has bought me has been white gold. OMG Bodie will be 2months soon wow thats gone quick, Sophie & Billy were 1 month yesterday hard to believe!!.

Kate- thanks, yeah i'm a very lucky girl. Oh i wont let the lady get me down water off a ducks back, if Sophie was loosing weight or not gaining any i would be worried but she is gaining so i'm trying not to stress too much.

Bindy- nice to see you back online and the move went well.

QM- this might seem like a silly question but what is infant friend?

Well Sophies stirring so ill go for now and be back later

Hi ladies,

Had our last appointment with my birth centre midwife today which was a bit sad cos she's been with me since I was 12 weeks pregnant. we got her a day trip to Couran Cove for her and her hubby to say thanks for everything because she really went all out for me with all these feeding issues. Amy and I are having a cruisy day at home today. I went for a big walk yesterday with a friend and then had another friend come and visit so today is going to be a quiet one. Lots of sleeping I think. Mark is sick with a cold at the moment. It's killing him cos he can't go near Amy. He's working too hard too. This time of year is the Quiksilver Pro surfing event which means that he's pretty MIA away from me for 3 weeks. I hate it. Only 12 days to go though which is a relief. Not that I'm counting! hehehe.

Kate - Doesn't it feel great when you make the decision about your feeding. Breast and bottle is working for us at the moment and Amy is putting on plenty of weight so I'm going to continue this until my bbs give up. My right one pretty much has anyway so I look extremely lopsided but oh well. It will be interesting to see what happens when I finish this herb tonic, whether my bbs keep working. I really don't mind if I have to go to full time formula. But it's still nice to bf for as long as I can.

April - Isn't the time going so fast!? I can't wait for Amy to smile either. I sometimes think she's trying too. She stares so hard at me sometimes. Have you found that people are telling you not to worry too much about milestones because Bodie was prem? They've been telling me that but I'm so impatient! Hehehe.

Jen - I've been programmed to feed Amy every time she wakes up but I'm slowly getting myself out of that and will cuddle her and have a tiny play before I feed her unless she's really crying. At night, I just feed her, cuddle her and wrap her and put her back to bed. I try not to stimulate her too much. I change her nappy between changing from breast to bottle.

Bindy - Madeleine has grown sooooo much!! That's great. Makes me feel like Amy is tiny though. She's only just got over the 4 kg mark and I was excited that she was 56cm long! Hehehe. It's amazing how different all babies are.

Well, I better go have something to eat while my angel is sleeping. Hope you are all doing well. It's SOOOOO hot here today!
    Luv Nik and Amy xx

Hi ya girls how are you all?

Im so sorry Ive stayed away....ive been a bit down and didnt really want to make anyone feel uncomfortable or hassel anyone. Ive missed you all...god its been hard not to come in here.

I cant believe all our babies are near or over the month mark? Holly cow batman!
    im still Bf here...little bugger is a boobie monster to the max! he's slowly puttingon the weight...3.545grams last week. had a doctors appointment yesterday and his left arm is a little week. We're of to the nuro surgon and the haemo doctors in March...right before Easter!

ah will try and keep up, going back to read what everyone is up to....ah $hit there he goes right now!

bbl

welcome back maz!
    glad to hear mateauz is a booby monster! so is Jaylen lol, loves it!

well Jaylens asleep in his bassinette after being a bit unsettled this arvo, just wanted to sit in my lap lol! so ive managed to do some house work! having a baby is definently getting easier !!

well im going to do some washing, hope everyones well

Hi everyone!

We use the Brauer Colic relief and have found it quite good. It was the only thing suitable to use for Celeste before the age of 1month. I wanted to get her off of it but the midwife/ child health nurse said to keep it going for a little while longer till we know the problem has really settled. She doesnt get every does anyhow cause often she is asleep when the time comes round. It must be sooo sweet though cause I can really smell the sugar in it!

Celeste has turned the corner now. I think she had the combination of the wonder week thing happening a little early, a mild cold and the bf problems all build up on her for a week or two but now it all seems to be working out ok. She is really wolfing her feeds down now but much less colicky. And her weight gain has improved HEAPS this past week. She took a month to get to 3kg... last week she only gained 160g in 9days but she gained 230g in 7days this past week. The nurse was really happy with that. I have put her into cloth nappies now and they help fill out her clothes a bit better now too. Still in 0000 though. She has a million summery 000 clothes given to her which I dont know if she will get use of.

Yesterday I was so pleased. We were waiting to see the nurse for weighing and Celeste was squirming and grizzling in her pram so I got her out and knew right away that she wanted her nappy changed. There is a change table in the wait area so I did it straight away and when I took her nappy off she gave me the biggest smile so far like she was saying "thanks Mum that is exactly what I wanted" . It was great!!! Made me feel so good for knowing what she wanted and she really appreciated it. So nice. Funny how you can get so happy about changing a nappy!

Nik, you get to feel so close to the midwife hey? I did a handmade card yesterday and took it up to the hospital for them. I know that several of them really put in extra effort with us with our BF problems too and that took them away from their other work. Also the midwife who cared for us on the night of the birth really did listen to our concerns and preferences.

Someone was talking about their birth making them teary. I have been the same. I think I cried every day for the first two and a half weeks when I thought about it and how scary it was. I also felt dissapointed by having to have the caesarian. I know in my head that it had to be that way and it is still a birth to be celebrated but I guess I felt a bit ripped off. Also because it may be our only one and I might never get the chance again. I feel like I missed out a bit.
    At our antenatal class the midwife talked a lot about what a wonderful experience birth is. The euphoric feelings as the baby is born etc etc. I wish they wouldnt go on about it like that. It is like that for hardly anyone I know actually. Most ppl are that wiped out by the intensity of the pain or the length of the labour or the drama of something not going right. Then there is the stitches, sore boobs and hormones gone mad. I think they should just say: It hurts a lot, it is scary, you will feel overwhelmed, things probably wont go how you think and afterwards will be the same.. but it is totally worthwhile. That would be a whole lot more honest!!! People ask me how things are going and I tell them "great now, the first 2 weeks were pretty hard and awful but things are fantastic now."
    A few weeks ago someone asked if things were going well and I said "yes, mostly". She surprised me by saying "they arent really are they, if we are all honest" meaning for the first weeks for everyone. I was so pleased that she said that instead of making me feel I should say "yeah everything is great" when it wasnt at that stage.

Cant remember what else I was going to talk about... been a few days.
    About the wrapping. Celeste hates it. We did it in the hospital but then they used it when we went back for the bf help which she found a bit traumatic I think (she got VERY upset) and now she fights as soon as I start to do it. I am glad she is a summer baby. Will probably get a sleeping bag for winter...

Hmm , think that is about it... Hope everyones babies keep getting better at sleeping and feeding....

Gawd I wrote so much that 2 ppl came in and posted while I was doing it!
    Good to see you Maz. Come in whenever you want. We want you in the good times and the bad!!!!! Thats what we are here for silly.

Jess, isnt it a great feeling when you feel you are getting the hang of different things? Far out there is so much to learn though. You are doing great for this early stage

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast