Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #3

Hi Maz- dont stay away. You can vent all you want. Geez I do!. This mothering caper sure is hard and you have 3 other kids to worry about too. We are only at day 9 here so we have a long way to get to the month.

Jess- Glad to hear you are getting along well. Amber had a good sleep this morning and has been a bit unsettled this arvo. We have tried a couple of times to put her down but to no luck.

The maternal health nurse came out this arvo. Amber has put on 190 grams since Monday. So we are just about birth weight now. So I must be giving her enough. She was sleeping soundly when the nurse came and now she is taking awhile to settle down.
    We went for another walk this morning in the stroller. Amber was good the first bit but I ended up carrying her home for the second half.
    I am now going to try and push the sleep button on her.

sazz - yer i love knowing what Jaylen wants too, when i do it he kinda looks rightttt into my eyes lol, sooo cute! or when i pick him up when hes crying he nuzzles into me!
    yer i agree theres sooo much to learn and get used to!
    Jay absolutly HATES being wrapped too, liked it for like 3 days in the hospital but yer HATES it hehe, and when i put blankets on him in bed they have to be like under his arms, he HAS to have his arms free hehe

jen - seems like amber is getting a bit better! Jaylens gotten better as he's got older....

ohhh yay hes still asleep lol! managed to have a shower as well, amazing
    its tea time soon so hes sure to wake up right on tea time lol... not going to put anything on yet cuz my luck he will wake for a feed when its cooking!

thanks girls..it means the world to me and Kate - thank you hon for our convo yesterday

Jess - yes little man loves the T I T omg...he's been on most of today and is still wanting more. I might top him up with some formula earlier then normal (yes I top him of a night time 100ml) stupid growth spurts!!!

ah BBL Vyolett is being a cow!!!!

haha maz yep he sure does!!!
    how do u know if bubs need to be topped up on formula?

omg jaylens still asleep, been asleep since about 2 lol its awsome! actually managing to have some tea hehe!

Hey Maz honey, glad you're back!! Don't ever feel you have to stay away because you aren't feeling the best, sharing always helps & we are all here for you.

Joanne, Infants Friend is like Infacol, suppossed to help them bring the wind up when you give them a dose before a feed. Smells of aniseed though which is gross but Scally gulps it down.

Jess, I'm not sure about Maz but I top Scally up when she's had both bbs & still fusses or gets frustrated... means it's all gone!!

That mobile sounds like just the ticket, we don't have a mobile here, will have to go shopping for one.

Welcome back Bindy You'll have to share more pics of your princess in her new outfits!!

Queen - I dont top up Mateauz through the day but I do at night cause its helping him to get more sleep - 11 until 5.30 last night and I get some rest this way aswell. But I agree, when Mat gets narky at starting hitting into me (pmsl) that when we give him his formula. Babies hit a 6 week growth spurt to so Im putting it down to that.

OMG my little man is 7 weeks on tuesday!! holly $hit!

queenmab - oh yer cool, i think i have plenty of milk, Jaylen hardly ever cries lol! sooo good!

maz - ohh how quick is the time going, i remember when we were all like 16 weeks pregnant!! my pregnancy was the quickest time of my life i reckon! now is going pretty quick too, feels like only yesterday i had Jaylen and hes 2 weeks old already!

well Jaylens just sitting in his bouncer watchin tv hehe! hes suchhhh a good baby... gives me time to eat ect haha!

~Belinda~ Guest

Well we all get quite chatty in here don't we!

We went to a funeral yesterday from 2pm-7pm and Madeleine was excellent! She's a good bub, no crying at all! Before we left though, she did an explosive poo! It went up the front of her nappy and was all over her belly and chest, it was everywhere! My DP was carrying her shoulders and I had her legs up to the bedroom and then into a bath, I have never seen that much poo in my life!!!

I so love being a Mum too, Madeleine is smiling so much at me now and it totally melts my heart

Hope everyone has a good day today. We'll be lazing by the pool...

Billy Ocean Guest

Maz, nice to see you around mate. Gonna give you a call later. Yesterday sucked for making phone calls.

BTK woke at 5.30am and stayed awake until probably 11am! Michael came for a visit with his daughter so it was nice for them to see him awake but Jesus. He better sleep until 8pm now! pmsl Must be exhausted.

I'm so tired - I read all the posts but can't remember what everyone said.

Jess and Jen, sounds like Amber and Jaylen are settling a little more. That's great. Jen, glad to hear Amber's put on that weight. You're obviously doing everything right!

Well, I need just a little nap... I'll be back later.

Hi to everyone!!!

x

bindy - Jaylen did a poo the day day we got home that went all the way up his back lol, was funny, was also a bit hard to clean up as it was still that black sticky stuff LOL

kate - Jaylens starting to stay awake a bit more now, hes in a little bit of a routine already i think, wakes up at about 2.30am for a feed, then about 6.30am then about 9am and hes awake from then on, then feeds at about 12 or 1 and might fall asleep, then feeds at 4 or 5 and thats usually his unsettled time till bout 9 or 10 and then sleeps until about 2.30am again!

well he had a bigger feed than b4 so so hopefully he should fall asleep for the arvo, has the hiccups atm hehe

Happy Saturday everyone

Have missed a couple of days so wont mange many personals.

Welcome back Maz, we were all concerned not having heard from you. Matty looks gorgeous in your ticker.

Sazz, your description of your feelings after the birth sounds exactly like me. I was so teary and disappointed in the caesar, and yes a feeling of missing out on that natural birth experience that I may never get. But I can justify it too witth such a beautiful result. Mixed up hey!

Addy has had such a good week. I have most certainly just jinxed myself now too!!
    Having some longer settled sleeps, more awake time, and I got my first full on beaming smile. Bet she couldnt figure out why I started crying!! (tears of happiness!) I had been so paranoid that her first smiles would be at someone else- like Granny or a total stranger!

Stood on the scales at home with her, and she is now 5kg- doesnt fit 0000 or newborn nappies anymore!

Bought the maclaren Vogue pram. Suitable for newborn (fully reclines) and only weighs 6-7kg (better than my Beema at almost 12kg) Not really cheap but I couldnt go past tthe ease of use and good quality. It will be suitable till like 20kg of child! Will also be able to travel with it better. Thanks Nik and April for your advice. I looked at a million prams over the last few days though!

Anyway hello to everyone!

My poor girl wont sleep. We have put her down a few times today and she will wake within 15 minutes. Also her dirty nappies have changed. I am a little worried about that. They were the classic yellow seed ones but last night and today they have been the browny/yellowy frothy kind. That and the fact she wont sleep is making me worried...... I have also been feeding her a few times today.
    If the nappies dont get better or if she stays grizzly by Monday, I will take her to the doctors.

Billy Ocean Guest

Jen, have you got the phone number for the midwife/nurse thingy that's open 24/7??? I'll go look for mine and text it to you. My friend (who has 3 children) said she used to call them nearly every day to ask things with her first. She said they're awesome. Sometimes though she says you are on hold for quite a bit - especially at night. Maybe call them? I'll go look now.

x

mary - aww i cant wait till Jaylen smiles, his lips are starting to curl up a little bit so it could be soon lol.. he's starting to go into some 000 already 2! hes 0000 in the body but he's got really big feet so he needs 000 for them hoofers hehe!

jen - yer i reckon ring ur midwives for sure, u dont need them worries and im sure they will have answers for u! Jaylen had them frothy kinda poos for a few days, now they are yellowy again with little seedy bits that stick to his bum haha!

Jen - I hope everything is okay with your princess, might she just be having an unsettled day? Have you topped her up with formula at all, that could explain the change in poos? Worrying about every little thing to do with these munchkins is exhausting!! *hugs*

Maz, Scally is generally good at night so I just bf (easier in the dark too lol) but mega hungry mid morning/lunchtime which is when I've found I need to break out the formula.

Hawksey, good to hear everything is going well, I know all about jinxing so I hope you've not done that!

Miss has been pretty unsettled today, just catnapping really, she is asleep atm but she's not been down for very long, she keeps coming unwrapped too... I keep going in there to arms & legs flailing.... she's too big for her wraps almost. Does anybody use a swaddleme or something similar?

Billy Ocean Guest

OMG, what I wouldn't do for b/f poo! Formula poo STINKS! he he he...

Did you girls ever think that poo would be such a hot topic?

pmsl!

LOL kate, yer bf poo hardly smells at all!

Billy Ocean Guest

Yeah, Jess, I miss it even... pmsl!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast