Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #5

jo - yer its weird, at night, like 2am ect, he takes the boob n sleeps 4 about 3 hours, but in the daytime, he has both sides of the boob and wants another feed like 45 mins later.. very weird..
    better go make a bottle 4 the little fatty haa

Morning!

Cant believe what a marathon I wrote yesterday, sorry everyone!!! lol

Went to my brothers place sat arvo and was out for like 7hours in total including drive time. Yesterday went to adelaide for shopping and to visit my friend and was away for about the same. Yesterday was hotter though. Celeste coped kind of ok sat but yesterday she was sooooo cranky by 6pm. We put her in the car to go and she had a 20min sleep while we drove to fasta pasta and when we got hre out she was all smiles and giggles again! By the time we got home two hours later she was not happy all over again and was very unsettled and screaming for a while. A combination of thirsty and overtired I think. Its funny cause you would think that at that age they wouldnt care where they were as long as they were with their mum but they do really seem to like being at home with a normal routine even at that early age. A bit too clever me thinks.

Jen, yeah the first two and a half weeks were pretty hard for me. It is amazing how quickly after that you seem to get a handle on everything though. You should feel a bit more in control of things soon... just keep plugging away, you will get there.

Jess, so glad the feeding is working out for you. He really seems to have a big appetite hey? Its good that he wants only shortish feeds at night so you dont have to be up for so long but do you have to get up more often then? Formula is supposed to just fill them up for longer cause it takes longer to digest, that is why they sleep longer on it, not that it makes them tired. Sounds good to me!

Maz, Melbourne must have been hard on you guys financially as well as emotionally... hope you can get on top of things soon. How on earth do you find time for your shop with four kids including a new baby? You must be wonderwoman!

Jo, I have blonde moments all the time these days. DH is always giving me a hard time cause I lose track of when things have happened or what day it is etc. I have a lot more to think about than only a few short weeks ago plus sleep deprived too! My excuse and I'm sticking to it. hehe

Kate, Celeste has been smiling from the start I think. Definately for weeks now. I wondered about it too but I was absolutely positive it was real. Wonder if it means anything about their personality? Is he a really easy going baby? Celeste is very laid back.
    Funny cause before she was born I was stressing about how I would feel with everyone wanting to have a hold of her but I was completely relaxed about it. The only time I get a bit cranky is if they want to hold her for HOURS and wont let her sleep properly. When DH sister came over from Kangaroo Is. she held her for 4hours!!!! I wanted to take her away in the end to feed her. Plus she wouldnt let her sleep cause she kept touching her face etc. I dont let that stuff happen anymore, I am sticking up for my little girl a lot more these days!!!!

Well, not writing an entire novel again today.... might pop back later. have a good monday....it is monday isnt it? PML

Billy Ocean Guest

Morning!

Jo, thanks for that mate. I'm going to go and get the Avent number 1 teat and see if that helps as I don't think I have the patience for the 2 at the moment. Maybe I'll use the faster one when he's really awake and can control it better but when he's tired, no way. Goes all over the place. pmsl I think I must've had a dirty look on my face yesterday too with people holding him. I eventually got him back and even said no to my aunt as I was trying to get him to sleep. Then she took him off me anyway so we came home! grrr!

Sazz, yeah, Billy is really laid back. Well, except for now, where I can hear him grizzling in his cot as he hates going back to sleep in the mornings. Hey, you must be catching the novel writing fever off me! he he he!

I forgot what else I was going to say. I have texted Mel and Tiff to see where they are. Hope all is ok with them.

Going to get these Avent 1 teats now. Back later.

x

well gave jaylen a bottle at about 8.30... he didnt drink all of it but was wide awake after it.. and hes been awake ever since!? put him in his bouncer in my room so i could get ready and he just kept crying, he is in shorts and tshirt cuz its 30 degrees here 2day... he felt cold so i put socks on him, still cried, put a cotton wrapped over him, still cried, put a thick as blanket over him and hes asleep...well nearly. lol very weird

have to go out at 12.30, dont know whether to wake him to giv him a bit of boob b4 we go or leave it.. AHH ya never know what to do hehe, my luck if i dont wake him up i will be trying on clothes and he will want a feed lol.. YES im buying clothes 2day hehe, nothing fits me... and tha tops i was wearin when i was preg dont look any good either cuz my belly was tight as and so was the top, so now it just clings to the jelly lol

well better go find something half decent to wear

ps, kate im using the number 2 teat for jaylen, maybe thats the prob? maybe he doesnt like the formula? no idea... he just acts so different when he has formula, doesnt settle at all after a feed, cries more.. with BFing, i just feed him, burp him, put him down and he settles himself... would keep going with breastfeeding but as selfish as it sounds i want my boobs back lol... and it doesnt hurt as such anymore, bit when he attches, but ya still get that tender tingly feeling all the time and i hate it..

Billy Ocean Guest

Jess, try a slower teat. Maybe it's giving him wind, drinking too fast and he's just not enjoying it. You can only try. I think I own about 5 million teats now. ha ha!

Oh I dont like the warmer weather. It makes us all unsettled. Amber was constantly wanting my boobies this morning. I think she drained me so we have just given her 50mls of formula and some cooled water. Hopefully that will settle her. She has gotten hot so we only have her in a nappy and muslin wrap right now. Now she needs a sleep. She is so good at nights but during the day she is hard to get to go to sleep.
    Fingers crossed this will do the trick for a bit....

Hi ladies,

We're going well here. Amy is 8 weeks today! Oh my. got immunisations tomorrow poor little thing. i know i'm going to hate it and i'm dreading it cos everyone says they r unsettled 4 a few days after. i just hope she doesn't have a reaction or something....

Kate - Amy went through a phase of green poos when we first went on formula but they're still a lot like bf poo cos she's still getting some milk. they're just a bit more pasty.

we're using tommee tippee bottles with number 1 teats. amy seems to be fine on them....

Jess - i find that i need to burp amy 4 a fair while after a bottle for her to settle properly. maybe he needs to fart too. amy gets really upset when she's got lower bowel wind....

amy's had lots of little feeds today but seems content. just waiting 4 her to hav her arvo nap so i can eat lunch! am typing 1 handed....

well beteer go try to put her down. hope u are all having good days xxx luv nik and amy

s361768 Guest

Hi Everyone,

Gosh this thread moves quickly, it is hard to keep up.

I am breastfeeding Francis and gee he's a greedy guts...it is good now that he has woken up more because now he is getting the hind milk and his no. 2's are no longer green as a result. So at least I know he is getting a better feed. I am having an attachment issue with him still, but I forget that he is only learning and because I have been breast feeding for quite awhile I forget that he is a newborn and I tend to just throw my breast at him and expect him to know what to do.

It can be a little frustrating in public when I am trying to put him on quickly and he is still quite clumsy - I just hate the looks you still get though from exposing your breast in public, some people can be quite annoying.

Other than that he is doing great - I don't visit the Health Nurse with Francis - I have become slack. I just weigh him at the chemist I go there enough for the other boys for ventolin etc. It has been a bad cold season here in brissy, especially these past few weeks. So the chemist has become my second home again!!!

Francis is also suffering 'ugly baby syndrome' at the moment, with the millia and the toxic eurytherma (sp?) so he is all splotchy and red on his face. Bit annoyed because with my third son I couldn't have newborn photos done because the jaundice was so bad his eyes were yellow so I had to hold off for quite a few weeks and with Francis I will have to wait until his spots clear up. Although the studio ladies (at the shopping centre) told me they could touch it up with makeup (yeah I don't think so). I hate how they jump on everyone with a pram at the shops

Well I better get going!!!
    hugs
    Karen

Hi ladies!!!

I finally put a link in my signature for my album of Amy photos. Have a look if you're interested....I can't believe she's 8 weeks today!! Better go put the sheets back on the bed and do a few more chores before she wakes up!!

Karen - Amy had the pimply rash too and the milia but they cleared up a while back now thank goodness. It looks sore though doesn't it!? Hope it clears up for Francis soon......would they show up in black and white? Good to hear the bf is improving. I'm jealous! Heheh.

Weird day here today. Very windy and we just had a sun downpour (not a sun shower!). Chat soon lovely ladies! xx Luv Nik and Amy

AAAWWWW Nik, those photos are beautiful!!! (Nice hubby too if you dont mind me saying LOL) Amy is sooo cute. I love the one of her tiny feet. I keep meaning to do the same but she is always asleep when I think of it and I dont want to wake her.

Karen, I had to do a bit of feeding in public yesterday and I just felt sssooo uncomfortable. I would be happy if she would just go on and do her thing but she kept coming off and crying and moving all around flashing me to the world. I have done it quite successfully before though so I will try again. Just dont want to make people feel uncomfortable so I tried using a muslin to cover up but feel like it just draws attention. Oh well, it is natural hey!!!!

Bought some cute wall stickers yesterday for Celeste's room, Winney the pooh. We havent really decorated it so far, mostly just cream furniture with blue walls and a few mobiles and I wanted to make it a bit girlier... have lots of flowers etc now. Gonna go play with them...

OOh, do you girls read to your bubs? Celeste really doesnt let me. She gets bored but she did let me show her half of a book of animals kind of like the animalia books.

Hmmm, just when I have time to catch up here you all go quiet!

Sazz- i had blonde moments even before i got pregnant haha. I agree we have ALOT more on our minds these days why cant men just understand that and not lol at us when we forget what day it is etc. Sophie's a very laid back baby also.

Kate- your more than welcome mate anytime. Try the Avent 1 teats and see how BTK goes. I dont blame you for going home, no offence but your family doesnt have to get up at 2am to feed, change etc BTK YOU do, i say similar things to Chris at times because he tries to keep Sophie awake when shes clearly tired or he just wants to hold her which keeps her awake. GRRR to your aunt how rude!! i would have gone off if it was me.

Nik- good luck with the needles tomorrow, i wasnt with Sophie whe she had her needles at birth so Chris will definately be taking the morning off work when we do get Sophies done in 2 weeks. Sophie was feeding like that yesterday only finishing half a bottle each time. Will check out your photos in a sec.

Karen- one of those studio ladies stopped me in Target (yes i had a pram haha) can you believe it and was really pushing for me to have Sophies photos done soon but we dont need to as we had professional photos taken while we were in Hospital so we dont need to have professional photos taken for ATLEAST 6months, i took the piece of paper just so i could leave. Sophie has a heat rash i assume because its ok until she gets warm/hot.

Nik- Just looked at your photos Amy's GORGEOUS. How weird is that weather its been the same here windy, sunny and a sun shower.

Oh i forgot to say ive put some photos of Sophie on my webpage if anyones interested.

Jo- I tried to go to your web page and cant find the updated Sophie pics.... Am I being blonde? Arnt little girls so cute? But we are biased
    Nik- Your little girl is gorgeous. She has a headful of hair too! Just like her daddy!

Well Amber decided to have a sleep earlier and is now wide awake. We are trying to get her to have a snooze but she has other ideas.
    Better go. Cooking tea

Billy Ocean Guest

I just chucked 2 AVENT bottles, 2 T/Tippee bottles and about 20 teats in the trash. I've HAD IT! I gave Billy the AVENT 1 this morning and he's been screaming his head off all day. It was far too fast for him and obviously now he's had wind or something all day or it's the heat or SOMETHING! Sorry, I've lost it today. Just been sitting there trying to get him to sleep and crying. Mum was trying to help me and I was rude to her. I yelled at Billy and yelled at Ocean.

So, I guess he'll just have to put up with the "normal" bottles and suck harder on the stupid teats. Why don't my bl00dy bb's work. B/feeding was awesome compared to this sh*t.

If I didn't have to get up and feed him I'd take a Valium and go to bed...

Sorry for whinging. I'll come back tomorrow when I'm not being such a cow.

x

WELL have i had a day! weny shopping and spent about 1000 buks i rekin haha! bought myself heapsss of clothes, a mobile thing and come more clothes 4 jaylen an just heeeeaps of other stuff... went to buy a new phone, but i had gone over my limit LOL so will get it 2morrow, its sooo pretty, electric purple.

kate - i agree, i have started BFing more, only gave him 1 bottle 2day, and only for a top up.. even though he drank the whole lot haha... bottles are just annoying me, he gets so unsettled after having one.. also bought him a new dummy 2day cuz he kept wanting his other one but then dry reaching on it, this one i got 2day is an avent one and he likes it heaps more.. AND OMG i smelt the formula b4, made ME dry reach lol i have never smelt anything so yuck

well he seems pretty settled after being unsettled b4 sooo im going to go and unpack ALLL my stuff, god its good to have some nice clothes!! THAT FIT! and dont make me look all frumpy and fat hehe!

Awww Kate. You need some retail therapy! I checked on my baby bonus today and it should be in my bank account by Friday. We could try shopping next week. Sounds like you will be in need of some new bottles and teats then!
    Being mum is so tough. You are doing a great job. He was just having a "I am testing mummy day" Tomorrow he will be your little angel.

Jess- How good do you feel after retail therapy? Was Jaylen a good boy whilst you were shopping?

Well we have just put DD to bed and so far she hasnt grizzled. So I will get to bed myself.

jen - ohhh it was the best thing lol, yer he was good, cried a few times but gave him the dummy and he was fine! and took his tshirt off cuz he was hot as lol

OMG watching supernatural, jensen ackles who is dean is sooo hot haha!

well jaylens been asleep for a bit now so i should go to bed... not realli tired but my luck if i dont have a few hours now he wil wake up n not go bak to sleep or something...

try not to stress too much kate, jaylen has them kinda days, its like OMG WTF is wrong lol

nightttt

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast