Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #5

kate honey - dont feel bad..we all have $hit days. I hope your curled up giving ocean a loving pat and BTK big hugs. Its all a learning curb and I swear if you were a fly on my wall your face would be red hot. Im sending ya big hugs babe and a glass of wine to go with it.

Jen - go one rub it in on having a girl pmsl...you girls so ahead, girls are gorgeous and wonderful!

Jess - go the spend up....WTg on still BF aswell. I Bf all day and night, but Mateuz gets one bottle of 125 ml of formula at night. He has been bombed out since 6.30...you watch i'll be up all night.

Jo - yes got the DVD - sorry hon I forgot to tell ya...the kids drive me NUTS with it...and i a cant get 'down in fragile rock' out of my head!!!!!!

Hello everyone...sorry busy like usual.

ive pt up a heap of pumpkin patch stuff on ebay that I had kept from Vyolett...hope it sells well to help pay for the phone bill form being in Melbourne.
    Ive been cutting material aswell and started sewing...have already got a few orders so must keep on the move.

Have a great night all

~Belinda~ Guest

I guess there are not many of the girls in here from my BB group anymore (and it's good because we all still keep in contact!) but I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is going well. I don't come in here very often and I think I'm a bit invisible to all you girls! (because you are all buddies right through your pregnancies!!) but I just wanted to post a HELLO and hope you are all enjoying your Bubs. Madeleine is doing great and I just love her to bits. She gets her needles tomorrow, I hope she goes ok. She is holding her head up more now too and making all sorts of awesome noises. She's a real Daddy's Girl too! She is really growing and now in "00" clothes!

Take care everyone.

Bindy xo

Hello Bindy - sorry that ive made you feel invisable hon, I just forget my head at times. I cant get in here all the time either...so busy now days. So good to hear that Madeleine is going great guns...oh god needles...make sure you have some baby panadol on hand just in case. OMG at her being in 00 clothes already...so good to hear that she is doing well again.
    QueenB - were are you hiding lady????

Hello and good morning to eveyrone out there. And if I forget you, kick my buttox please!!!

Billy Ocean Guest

Oh Bindy... I'm sorry. Don't go. That's terrible. The more the merrier here. Come in more and have a whinge with all of us... It's never boring in here.

Back later.

x

Billy Ocean Guest

Oooo... Maz, Carol, anyone with older kids or in fact, ANYBODY! If Billy is sleeping an extra hour in between each feed does that mean he will be awake more during the day?

The MCHN told me to look for tired signs and that he should only really be awake for like 1.5 hours including feeding time, then go down again. The GP told me to ignore his crying if I can and then go in and pat him to calm him down and then walk out. Should he be in bed or not? He fed at 1.20am, then 6.30am and doesn't want to go back to sleep even though his eyes were shutting and then he slept for like 20 minutes but woke up screaming again. It's like he's ok if I'm in the room then he cracks it when I leave. I don't want to get into the habit of holding him until he sleeps or staying with him until he sleeps. I've had no problems with this until the past couple of days.

Should I get him out of bed? What do I do then? I find if he stays awake too long then he won't sleep as he's over tired.

I am exhausted for no apparent reason. I have my 6 week check on Friday and she's going to have to check my blood levels and iron etc. I'm hoping she finds they are not good so they can give me something to make me feel better. I know tiredness is normal but I'm getting MORE tired, not less and he's sleeping MORE and I'm doing less.

Where is the book that tells you when they should be awake and when they should sleep and what the hell you're doing wrong?

I've been spoilt because he's been so good up until now. I remember someone telling me that they had this baby who never cried and slept when he was meant to etc then he hit two months old and went psycho and unsettled. Maybe Billy's changing?

Sorry.

Kate hon let him sleep and get some yourself woman! thats an order!!! Dont worry about the time thing...let him lead the way. Mateauz slept from 6 last night until 1.30am, I jsut wish he would have thought of it at 10pm instead.

OMG he's 8 weeks old today!!!!!!!!!!!
    And I finally have a pic of him smiling to share
    http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f.../8weeks010.jpg

excuse the hormone rash..hopefully it will be gone by next week

hi mummies!

Aaawwww Maz, he looks sooo happy! Too cute. Is his hair a reddy brown?

Kate, Dont worry hun, you will get past this phase: maybe it is a wonder week thing? I BF full time and I have fast flow problems too! It is horrible watching them struggle with wind but I'm sure between the two of you, you will get it sorted out. Hope you have a happier day today Actually Celeste is screaming in my arms right now!

Hi Bindy!!!!! I was from the other group too! Dont feel left out, cause there is so many in here sometimes I think ppl find it hard to reply to all.

Jess, WTG on the shopping! I reeaaaallly need new clothes too. Only have like 3 thngs that fit any good and they are worn out. I feel soo ugly.

Jen, you sound so much happier now. Glad its all working out for you.

Jo, i cant see the new pics either....

Kate- We are like you during the day. We cannot get her to go down and settle. We put her down after a feed and burping and then leave her. If she cries we go in, pat her, rock the basinette, put the dummy in and go when she is sort of settled again. Then like 10 minutes later she will cry and we go through the whole process again. This happens every time we go to put her down during the day. We try holding her til she is asleep... which I dont like doing, we try looking for the tired signs, we let her cry for a little bit. But if she cries I dont like letting her cry for too long. That screaming they do makes me feel so bad and I cry then like I am being a bad mum.... During the night she is different. She will take sometime to go down initially but when she has her night feed we put her straight back down and she goes back to sleep.

Last night Amber was down from 9-4 then from 430 til 8. Thats like 11 hours. So I guess I cannot complain if she is up during the day but it would be nice to read that manual.

Bindy- I am so sorry if you feel left out. I dont really belong in this thread anyway seeing as my girl is a Feb girl..... Please come back often. Its good to read how everyone is going.

Sazz- I need to shop again too. I have these old clothes which make me look frumpy and yuck. I need to get rid of this wobbly tummy before any clothing though.

Maz- Awww Mat is so cute. His hair looks a little like my girls. Red heads are taking over the world! Good sleeping for your little guy too.

Hello to Carol, Tiff, Mary, Mel, Tasch, Karen, Jess, QM and everyone else I have missed....

Wink

Bindy - I had been looking for you in this thread so you were noticed as not here! Come on back. Like one of the other mums said there are so many of us at times its difficult to respond to all Doesn't mean you are invisible okay. You know what its like sometimes you get in here & you know you might not have much time so you're in a hurry,lol. Glad to hear Maddy is doing well And pls let us know how her needles went okay? My bub will be getting his next wk & I'm not looking forward to it either!! Wish DH would take him in!

Kate - everyone is different re; sleeping. Some mums will let their bubs cry it out a little. Because bubs do grumble a bit anyway when they sleep! My Jackson will cry out in his sleep at times & just as I walk down the hallway to check him & pick him up he stops! If he were right next to me I would've picked him up! So sometimes having them to close to you while they sleep isn't a good thing- you can jump the gun,lol. But I'm talking about a burst of crying then back to sleep not crying to the point of 'distress'. Sometimes he is still crying when I reach him then I pick him up & hold him close for a minute then a big burp!! then down he goes & stays for awhile! I dont let my baby cry on &on though! But thats me &my way as I said mums are dif'. Let your bub lead the way is my advice. Certainly dont race in if you hear a cry, take a bit of extra time in case he stops & goes back to sleep.

Jen - Like you Jackson sleeps well at night once we get him down intitially! But during the day I too might hold him or feed him to sleep then lay him down & a few min's later hes up again!! I'm just patient I s'pose 2nd time 'round. It is frustrating of course, wont deny that,lol. We'll all tackle this problem dif' or else our bubs will just work it out themselves. Mums are just v. comforting to their bubbies is all

Uh bub is stirring again. Sorry no more personals from me today. Hello to all I didn't get around to mentioning!!

BBL

s361768 Guest

Hi Everyone,

I am jealous of all you girls who got to go retail shopping after bubs... I had to spend my baby bonus on bills 4 kids = big bills!!! Plus my car broke so I had to get another **** box. As soon as I finish my postgrad and get a decent job I am buying a brand new car

I constantly have anxieties of bits and pieces of my car falling off while I am driving or my doors flying open while driving because they won't lock properly like my last car!!! it was a nightmare. I was so happy when the wrecker came to take it away - the first thing I asked the tow truck guy was whether they were going to total it. I wanted to take a baseball bat to that car!!! Unfortunately someone else gets to

All you girls having probs with bub exposing you in public because they [baby] haven't quite gotten it yet, Keep persisting with it. It take ages to establish breast feeding and it takes real patience and determination on mummy's part. My third son was the only one out of my children who took to the breast like a duck to water... downside he woke to feed every hour esp. the night feeds. U can't have the best of both worlds I guess. So I have had breast feeding issues 3 out of 4 times that have luckily (emphasis on the word luckily) resolved themselves and have breastfed my 3 boys till they were 12 months.

Damn presentation to prepare for on Friday got to go.

Hugs to everyone
    Karen
    Last edited by s361768; March 4th, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

Hi everyone!

Amy had her shots this morning and it was one of the most awful things i've experienced. her cry was so painful to me.....but she's fine now. gave her some panadol and am now going to put her down for a sleep. i'm ready to give her lots of cuddles if she needs them tho.

just a question.....with ff, what do u do if they won't take a full bottle?? i'm sposed to start giving her 180 ml as of now but i'm flat out getting her to take 120ml!! she usually only takes about 90 ml. i'm so confused.

Maz - Amy only weighs 4.35 kg and she was 3.3 at birth, so she's really little too.....doesn't pile on the grams every week....i have to try not to stress about it tho...i'm doing the best i can!! mat looks so gorgeous! i can't wait for Amy to smile. everyone keeps telling me to be patient cos she was prem....

Saz - thanks (hehe i'll tell mark you gave him a compliment hehe)

Jo - Sophie is such a cutie. i keep an eye on your pics on facebook hehe

Kate - i wish my bbs worked too. i totally understand what u mean about bub being unsettled after a bottle. i really feel for you. amy had a bad day the other day where i had to hold her all day. sure cuddles r nice but when thy're grizzling and you're hungry and tired it starts to wear thin. i hope things have improved today xxx amy's sleeps totally vary. i don't bother timing them. i just feed ger when she wants and try to put her down as soon as the feed is finishe if she's grizzly. if not i just sit and play with her (i don't read to her cos she gets bored and wriggles, i just put her on her playmat) and then as soon as she gets grumpy i try to pt her down. that can take forever sometimes tho! it's so hard to know what's normal!!!

Bindy -hope the needles went ok today. sounds like our bubs are at either end of the spectrum!!!

Karen - our baby bonus is paying our bills too that my wage would normally pay. no fun here for me either! good luck with the presentation

well better go have some lunch xxxxluv nik and amy

Hi everyone

Nik: I hated seeing Bodie crying when he had his shots too. It is awful seeing them like that. He wasn't too bad though, fell asleep on the way home which was good.
    With the FF bottles, i've got Bodie on 180mls but sometimes leaves about 30mls left. You can always make up the 180mls in 1 bottle then poor the 60mls into another bottle for a top up later?

Jess: Sounds like your back into the shopping again hehe. I love shopping too, especially for cute lil boys clothes. And it's nice spoiling yourself too.

Bodie's been smiling alot now too which is so adorable. When i start talking to him, sometimes he makes goo noises like he's trying to talk. Love it!

Sorry for the lack of personals ladies, gotta go get some housework done while Bodie's asleep. Hope you are all well xo

Billy Ocean Guest

Hi lovelies!

Maz - awesome pic of Mat! He looks SO happy.

Nik - love your pics too and oh, I'm with Sazz (if you don't mind) - Mark's very nice looking!

Maz, I did what you said and had a little nap this morning when Billy had a lay down. I feel HEAPS better now. I was trying to cut down my coffee intake too and I reckon that's making me tired. I've been drinking far too much but hey, if that's my only addiction, I reckon I'm doing alright. Are you going to be around Friday/Saturday? I think I might be coming up... Will call you anyway. Billy has a bit of a rash like Mateauz's... a hormone rash is it? hmmm.. cool. Now I know!

Jen, I was having a big cry yesterday thinking what a bad mum I was being for letting him cry then telling him to be quiet! I don't like to let him cry for too long but can't go in there every single time he makes a noise - like Carol said, sometimes he stops before I get there anyway.

Bindy - how did Madeleine's needles go? I am NOT looking forward to that.

Carol - thank you. It's nice to hear I'm not doing it wrong! It's just a real guessing game sometimes.

Nik, poor Amy and her needles. I'm going to cry taking him to get those. Billy sometimes doesn't drink all his formula either. I am putting in 150ml water plus 5 scoops of NAN. I think the scoops are smaller than the other formula but it makes up about 170ml. He doesn't usually drink it all. Sometimes he'll have 100ml. Sometimes I sit with him for a while and see if he wants any more. I heard you can let it sit there for up to an hour then it's no good. He really cracks it when he doesn't want any more though. He definitely lets me know. I guess they take what they need, right?

Karen - my baby bonus went on bills also. However, I have still managed to do some shopping for Billy.

Hey Jen, don't you think all the girls should move to Melbourne? I reckon. Then we can all go out.

Oh, by the way, I texted Mel. She's been flat out but all well and says to say hello! Tiff also.

Thanks for making me feel better, all of you. Just one of those days/weeks I think.

Going to make some phone calls that I've been putting off. No biggie, just haven't been wanting to talk to anyone, iykwim.

Back later.

x

ETA: Hi April!!!

Billy Ocean Guest

OMG - Jen, he's in the Baby Bjorn and he's not screaming his head off!

Not yet anyway. pmsl

His arms aren't in the right bits. They are in front of him on my chest. Is that ok?

Woo hoo!

x

Afternoon girls, havent been on today yet as cleaners were here and then was playing with Sophie between feeds and shes just gone down again for a sleep. I'm not sure why you girls cant see the photos on my webpage i just tried viewing my webpage without being signed into it and went to photos of Sophie and i could see them, if it still doesnt work they are on my Facebook.

Jen- Little girls are cute but its hard not to be biased

Kate- BIG for you,i'm sorry your having such a difficult time with the bottles and i hope you find a brand that BTK can get a handle of. Take Jen up on the offer of retail therapy. I let Sophie sleep for 5hrs between each feed if shes still asleep, i feed her when shes hungry, if shes awake and hungry after 3 or 4hrs then i feed her. I hope you got some rest this morning after you posted.

Maz- No worries just glad you got the DVD, at the kids driving you nuts with it **contemplated moving house so Maz cant find me** haha. My sisters drive me barmy with 'down at fraggle' rock every time i see them as we watch a few episodes. Can i view your stuff for sale on ebay? please... Your picture of little Matty is gorgeous he looks a happy boy.

Bindy- im so sorry that you feel left out here, your most welcome here please dont think we done it on purpose. Sometimes i just forget who posts what which is why at the moment i have two windows open trying to catch up. Good to hear Madeleine is going well, hope the needles went ok and she wasnt too unsettled for you afterwards and shes already into "00" wow!! growing girl!.

Nik- I asked my SIL the exact same question last night about what to do if Sophie doesnt finish the bottle and she said same as EBM you can keep it in the fridge for up 24hrs, im not sure how many times it can be reheated i was told with EBM i could reheat it twice HTH. Thanks, shes very cute and getting to be very cheeky too, I've noticed you leaving a few comments on my photos on Facebook, Amy has so much hair!!.

April- Sophie makes noises, smiles at me and tries to giggle when i talk to her, so cute.

Karen- Doesnt sound like you've had a good run with cars. What happened to your last car??, by the sounds of you wanting to take to it with the baseball bat it cause you alot of trouble.

Well i'm off to watch the cricket and do some crocheting (making another blanket) while my Madam is sleeping.

Hello Mel, Tiff, Carol, QM and anyone my mummy brain is missing.

Hi there,

Kate - it's fine if his arms aren't hanging out. Amy sometimes has one out and the other one in. As long as they're comfortable who cares!? Funny comment on Mark. Will have to tell him he's popular with the bb ladies! hahahha.

thanks for the comments on the formula issues. will just keep at it. Am still trying to bf but have been very empty yesterday and today oh well. Gotta go, Amy's just woken up. Luv ya all!! Nik and Amy xxx

My DD is feeding every 2 hours today and not sleeping for more than an hour max so she will be very tired today. I wonder if she is getting enough to fill her up. My bb's feel soft but as soon as I squeeze the nipples something comes out so who knows... They only ever get hard after 4+ hours between feeds.

Kate- YAY on the baby bjorn. Amber is the same, she gets her arms tucked up in front of her chest and goes to sleep there. When we go shopping we can baby bjorn it! You are being a great mum too. Whoever says parenting is easy is kidding themselves. Its hard enough trying to work out why they are crying and I am still clueless on that. He has settled so that is a good thing.

Nik- I am dreading taking Amber for her needles. They did her needles at birth in front of DP and me and she screamed. I hear the needles make them tired but then they may be unsettled for a couple of days afterwards. Your Mark is definately a hit on here.

Carol- Hello there! I hope your little man and girl are treating mummy kindly today. Like you I cannot let my girl cry for too long. But we dont rush in there as soon as we hear a noise.

Karen- Hopefully your new car is more reliable.

Jo- We have introduced Amber to the cricket and DP has already bought her an AFL membership to North Melbourne. She will be a sporty kid. I cannot wait til my girl smiles properly and starts to laugh. Sure beats crying.

April- I forgot to ask. You got those vibrating feet for the cot. How does Bodie go with them?

My girl is down again but for how long? If we go by todays average it will be an hour.

hello everyone!

been out for most of the day 2day lol, bought a new phone, OMG im in love hahaha! bright purple and just so good lol.. and took a few things back and swapped sizes... AND ordered a new computer, YAY, i hate this computer, so slow... and paid some fines, so after i get the computer, theres all the baby money gone lol... oh well it got heaps of stuff...

sorry no time for many personals, jaylens still sleeping and will wake soon for a feed, so im going to have something to eat!

hope BTK is being better for u kate! i really think its formula that makes them unsettled, are u still giving him a bit of bb? cuz i bought them blackmores BFing tablets u said u were having and they made him SOOOO unsettled, like absolutly SCREAMING for a few hours

jen, jaylen was feeding every 1 n a half to 2 hours this morn... its like how could u be possibly hungry lol... im really going to try and keep going with BFing.. so much easier... and hes so much more settled on bb milk lol... he sometimes needs a topup on formula but yer

i need to get a baby bjorn, where do u get them?

hello everyone else!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast