Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #5

Nik- no problem for the advice on the formula .

Jen- Sophie is feeding similar today every 2hrs and shes only leaving 10-30mls except the last feed at 3pm when she left 100mls from 170mls before shed had enough and shes been awake more today than usual, but shes not screaming just playing on her activity gym and laying in her bouncer "watching" the cricket with me. I havent bought Sophie a membership to the Parramatta Eels as i'm not a member as we live in QLD but i have bought her a Eels t-shirt but its a size 2 (i think) so she wont fit into it for quite a while yet it was the only size they had at the time. Anything beats bubs crying and Sophie smiling, making her noises and trying to giggle just melts my heart and its SO cute. Amber in time will giggle/smile and make noises. SIL thinks Sophie will be an early crawler because shes been trying to crawl since about 2 weeks (the 1st time she had tummy time) and she also thinks Sophie will be on solids early too but i'll wait and see i'm not going to get my hopes up.

Kate- we have our 6 week check up on the same day haha, we chose friday more so because Chris can have the morning off work and then go in after our appointment.

Jess- any baby shop should sell the baby bjorns or similar.

OMG how long does the new medicare card take to get send, mine took 5 weeks FINALLY showed up today i was ready to have words with Medicare if it hadnt arrived by friday. The baby bonus arrived quicker for christ sake grrr sorry just needed to get that off my chest.

Hmmm Jo. My medicare card came yesterday and the baby bonus is scheduled to come by Friday. I wonder why yours took longer. Its so cool having a medicare card with your babies name on it. Yours will be like mine where Sophies surname is different to yours... for now.
    Amber is sleeping and has been doing so for 2 hours now YAY. Will give my BB's some time to fill up hopefully. I would really like my milk to stay good for awhile too.

Jess- Go the spending! I got my baby bjorn from ebay 2nd hand. It still works great. DP actually had a go in it the other day. But you can get them new from baby shops.

Jess I've got a no name baby carrier, not a baby bjorn and it does the trick. lots cheaper.....theyre quite expensive brand new.....

jen - amy hasn't been paticularly tired.....just a little unsettled.....i took her bandaids off earier and she really didn't like that but they're not good for baby skin.....felt bad though

i'm lonely tonight but don't want company iykwim? amy's got a bit of a temp so have nuded her up and given her panadol. she seems much happier.....quiksilver pro finished today so i get my husband back tomorrow! Yay! i felt a bit jealous today cos he's at the closing party and i'm stuck at home. babies really don't have that much of an impact on the dad's life do they......except for all the good bits!! sorry throwing a bit of a pity party here! hehe....i need a nap!

hope you're all doing well xxx luv nik and amy

Billy Ocean Guest

Nik - "pity party" - PMSL! I love that. Nah, I'd be jealous too. Oh and you're right, bubs hardly make an indent on their lives as they know it, day to day. They get all the good bits though! I hope you weren't offended by me saying Mark was good looking. Me and my big mouth! Sometimes it's nice to be at home just with bub I reckon. I hope your night is good and hope Amy feels better soon.

Billy just won't put his arms out where they should be so that's good that Amy does it too. As long as he's comfy I guess. He stayed in there for a bit today but then we both got too hot! Of course he woke up as soon as I put him back to bed... he spent the rest of the arvo dozing in his rocker and came outside to throw the ball to Ocean.

I fed him just before Michael got here and of course, he falls asleep like a little angel in front of daddy! Typical!

So Mark's into the surfing in a big way then? Not just a spectator. I had one of the Rip Curl dudes living with me when I was in Torquay. He was from France and travelled with the Pro. They had a GREAT life! He was the one who sourced all the locations etc. What a job!

Jess - Jesus! You go girl. And we thought you did a lot of shopping BEFORE! he he he... Must've been lots of fun. Good for you! Sorry about those vitamins. Billy's not having bb's any more. I gave up! I wonder if they were doing that to him? Hmmm...

Jo - too funny. Same dob for our bubs and same dr's appointments. Maybe we have some weird, psychic connection. pmsl! I hope yours goes well. Thanks for the hug.

Jen - yeah, the Baby Bjorn shopping safari! Lovely! Amber will have a long sleep tonight if she's been unsettled all day, surely. Billy hasn't even changed position or spat his dummy out since he went down this afternoon. He must be buggered. He never sleeps with his dummy in.

I don't have my medicare card yet! What's the deal? I did only send in the registration of birth thing today though. Would that matter? I sent the medicare thing off ages ago, before the baby bonus stuff. Well, no, hang on, I took it into Centrelink. Am I thinking of the right form? Fark. So much paperwork for such a little person!

Well, I'm going to scrub the bath tub as I bathed Ocean in there today and there is fur everywhere! Poor thing. She had little dreddies on her back. I'm a bad fur baby mummy... I'm sure she would've preferred never to have a bath again but I reckon she looks much happier and she smells heaps better!

I'll be back later.

Lots of love.

x

Billy Ocean Guest

Jo - just had a look at your facebook. Awesome pics. Are there meant to be newer ones that Feb 28th of Sophie? I thought I saw someone said that somewhere or something or I've lost it... pmsl

Hi Girls.

Here I am Maz... I have to say I was feeling a bit like Bindy in the 'they won't even notice I'm not there' department... Everyone seems so close & to know what's going on with eachother so when I post in here I feel like I'm kind of intruding...? Weird but true. It might be because the threads move kinda fast (on the days I can't make it to the computer atleast lol) & I miss stuff.

Nice to know you noticed my absence though, don't I feel special?! I'll try to check in more often.

I have been having all sorts of issues here, Scally & I are all on our lonesome atm & I'm supposed to be packing for our move, then I'd been giving Scally top ups of formula because I though that she needed 'em but that turned into 2 or 3 bottles a day & I was feeling guilty & crap... after some sage advice from Barb in the Breastfeeding Support section we are doing much better, no ff since early yesterday morning & she is asleep as we speak... or type lol. She has been waking up every 1 to 2 hrs through the night which I hope is just a phase but it's not the bf as she started it when I was still comping with ff.

Like Maddy she is in 00, but like our clothes some are little & some are huge & she still fits in some 000. 00 is better to fit in her cloth butt though, even in a sposie the snaps only just do up, she seems to have a long torso while her hands are hiding in the sleeves!

Hi to everyone, will try to read over some of the stuff I missed tomorrow if I get a chance.

Oh Kate, just saw your post about your medicare card - You'll be so excited when you do get it, I was when I got mine with her name under mine, it was even better than getting her birth certificate lol.

Also, who was wanting a baby bjorn...? I've got one Scally hates I was going to sell on ebay.

omg jaylens been so unsettled ! i wonder why... lol im still putting it down to them BF tablets... well i hope its that! fed him n he still seems starving..

well better go hes stirring...

Billy Ocean Guest

QueenMab - you felt left out too? Fark. Now we're all gonna feel like cr&p. Sorry... I guess we've just all been hanging out so long together, we know each other quite well. We do also talk/type a lot - sorry it's hard to keep up. Please don't leave... I hope you're not going to have to be up every 2 hours for too much longer. That would drive me nutso!!! Oh, it was Jess who was asking about the Baby Bjorn. Billy hated his too but he was in it today, for a little while... I can't wait to get my Medicare card also. How exciting. I got excited when I received things from Centrelink with his name on them.

Jess, hopefully it's just the vitamins making him unsettled. Don't know why they would do that but maybe if you stop them for a few days and just see what happens?

BTK's due for a feed at 9.30pm but hasn't stirred at all. I was just down there cleaning the bathroom then had a bath and dropped a whole lot of stuff on the floor and all he did was move his head - didn't even open his eyes. pmsl

Ewww... I have mother's group tomorrow. I wagged last week, remember? Do you reckon I should go? Is everyone else going to one? I have enough support on here, don't I?

I spoke too soon - I can hear him squeaking in the monitor... does everyone else's bubs squeak? OK, can't explain it. pmsl!

x

Billy Ocean Guest

I just read an article on the raisingchildren.net.au site that said that night time feeds should be between 2 - 4 hours apart. Billy is sleeping 5 hours and sometimes a little bit more. Amber is too, isn't she Jen? I guess that's just a general thing. He would wake up if he was hungry, right? What if he's dehydrated? OMG, could I worry about one more thing today? pmsl!

Going now.

x

You shouldn't be worried... Scarlett DOES sleep for one long stretch but it's from 5.30 or 6 to 10... of course I can't get to sleep before 11 lol & then she's up all night. Damnit on being normal though, I was hoping she'd stop it soon, real soon!!

I don't want anyone to feel bad because I wasn't feeling the love hon, I was just being honest! Don't feel bad that you are friends, that is stoopid..

Have a good night!

Billy Ocean Guest

Well, just as long as you hang around then.

She's normal? Oh dammit!

Night everyone.

x

sweet sleep to us all...

If babies should be fed 2-4 hours during the night then I am a bad mum. Last night she went 7 hours. You'd reckon they would wake up if tired? My mchn says I can let her sleep as long as she keeps putting on weight. Oh dear conflicting info. I could be a bad mum yet!
    Amber had 3 hours from 430-730. We got her up for a bath and a feed and she has just gone down again. Now saying that she will be up early tonight and then will not go back to sleep. So I probably go and try and get some sleep.

Kate- I was so excited when I got my medicare card in the mail. I now have a number 2 on my card. I get excited when any mail is addressed to Amber. She has been getting quite a few gifts and sent to her. Lucky thing. Her great grandmothers even sent her money. I must open her a bank account so I dont spend her cash.

QM- I read about your troubles in the bf threads. Isnt barb a great help! Well done on the BF and your perseverance. Please dont feel left out. Like I said to Bindy, I probably dont belong in here seeing as my girl was born in Feb. The more the merrier. Plus I reckon Scally and Amber are similar so its good reading what Scally is up to.

Well best go and get some sleep. My girl was so tired after her bath and feed. We now bath every night because it is great for putting her to sleep. We put this johnson and johnson bath stuff in the water then I rub some johnson and johnson oil into her skin as it is supposed to help her sleep. Purple bottles.

jaylen doesnt seem to want to go to sleep now lol hes usually asleep by now! might give him some formula to c if that puts him to sleep, my bbs are a bit sore, he only fed like an hr ago!

jen - ohh that bedtime bath and lotion stuff? so it actually works? i was going to get some but i didnt think it would work...

ALR Guest

Dear All,
    Just wanted to introduce myself here.

I had been offline for a long time as i had few prob's with my pg but....

Lewis Robert was born 2nd January (a healthy boy) 6lb 7oz, 49cm Long.

I will attempt (if possible) to post some photo's, but I am not very technical so who knows.

Can someone let me know how to put e photo next to my ticker??

congrats ALR!

i think its just the tickers from lilypie u can put pics on.. not sure how to do it on other tickers

just made jaylen a bottle and now hes asleep my luck i will pour it out and he will wake up 10 mins later lol

Billy Ocean Guest

Hi there ALR and Lewis and family! Congratulations and welcome.

Jess, you can still use that formula for up to an hour. If it's not heated already, just chuck it in the fridge - that will last 24 hours.

Jen, hey, we're all bad mothers then. I'm down with that. Waddya reckon? At least if we're all in the bad mother's club, we won't feel so mean. pmsl Conflicting info is driving me NUTSO!

Why am I back here? Oh yeah, had to pay a bill.

I might try that bathtime stuff. I've been using the lavender oil with olive oil in the bath. Billy's skin feels AWESOME!

I'm rambling... waiting for him to wake up. Shouldn't complain.

Right. Night night all.

x

ETA: ALR, Jess is right, if you go to lilypie.com, you can make a ticker with a photo next to it.

ALR Guest

Thanx...
    I just worked out how to post photo's on members gallery so have been off doing that.. I should be able to post my gallery photo's on my profile next. here's hoping

Morning ladies!!

Just a quick one cos I'm dying for a shower and I finally got Amy to go down. I GOT A SMILE!!!!! A REAL ONE!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Got one yesterday and didn't think it was real cos it was the only one for the day but I got another couple this morning!!! they don't happen often but I'm sure they were real! I'm so excited cos I've been worried that she hasn't been developing as well as all your bubs. Can't wait until she's smiling all the time cos then there'll be no doubt at all!!

Kate - I wasn't offended at all! I was flattered I think he's pretty spunky myself heheheheh. Mark organises the Quik Pro event, makes sure the "mini city" is set up properly and then keeps it running smoothly with the people from Quiksilver for the whole event. It's pretty amazing what they set up....they actually dismantle the balcony on the surf club and rebuild it so that it's bigger for the VIPs. Pretty cool but not my scene. I like the beach but don't surf and I'm not a pro surfer groupie. Don't worry about Billy's sleeping. Amy does a long sleep to start with at night and then wakes every 3 hours. She's started sleeping after her morning feed though which is great cos I actually get to eat brekky etc.

ALR - congrats!!! welcome to our little fun group!

Queen - we did miss you!! welcome back x

Well, speaking of which am gonna take advantage of the sleep and have a shower. Have a great day ladies Luv Nik and Amy

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast