Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #5

Morning girls,

My girl was so good during the night. We went to bed at 9, she woke at 2, feed then back to bed, wake at 630, feed then back to bed. she is now is bed still and will wake very soon.
    The johnson and johnson stuff. We were given the bath lotion and a massage lotion for after bath and oil as well. I alternate rubbing the oil and lotion into her. It smells good and it says it is supposed to help them sleep better. Who knows.

Nik- Hooray on Amy sleeping. Make sure you have a nice soak. You feel so much better after a shower. Wow on the smile. She is not behind at all. I cant wait til my girl smiles. Her mouth is starting to curl so it wont be long.

Kate- Bad mothers club here. If my girl is tired, I will let her sleep. She seems happy enough. Arnt babies skins just nice all over! and the soft hair. I might never cut it.

Jess- Maybe Jaylen is having a growth spurt and thats why he is hungry. Amber was feeding every 2 hours yesterday. The bath stuff smells nice too.

hi ALR. Welcome. We do chat a lot.

Going to eat brekky and my girl is due for a feed,

s361768 Guest

Hi Everyone -

Yes my car blew a head gasket a couple of years ago I spent $2000 on having it fixed finally the engine died (literally) It was a struggle just to get it up a hill in the end. What I am mostly annoyed about is that I took the car to have its timing belt replaced and a major service ... to our mechanic (who we trusted) and we drove out of there with this (new) swishing sound in the front end - rang the mechanic and he said it was nothing to be concerned about. I don't recall what he said it was

Then it turns out that the swishing sound was. the water pump but we didn't find that out until we were back at the mechanic having our engine fixed.

Then we drove the car home a hose had come lose or something like that - took it back to be fixed up then drove out of there with this loud whirring sound then the speedo goes and we can no longer tell what speed we are doing.

Never went back to this mechanic again I think he was screwing things up...
    ...And that is why I wanted to take a baseball bat to the car!!!

Anyone else been screwed by mechanics - it would be good to know that I am not the only one

Jen - I would let bubby sleep during the night and enjoy your sleep

Hi Jo, sazz, queenmab, maz, nikkiw, carol, mary AND any other ladies I have forgotten.

Morning!

i have been busy for a few days, glad to hear everyone is going well and enjoying our babies.

Went to the ob yesterday for my 6 week checkup. had a great chat to him about my caesar (you may remember at the birth he had gone- they told me when I was out of it that he was coming back, but I didnt remember then another ob stepped in and did the caesar- then my ob came back and said what happened!!)
    SO, he is really happy to do VBAC next time, and even outlined what we could do to enable it to happen if I am going the same way. I am so happy that I might have the opportunity to try VBAC. I still cant shake the slight disappointment for not having a vaginal this time.
    Anyway!

Addy is having quite a lot of reflux at the moment, poor chicken. The mylanta seems to help. Still cant get her to sleep in the afternoon/evenings. She ends up so tired. I need to look up the first tired signs and get her in her bassinette sooner I think. We will put her down, like 20 times, when she seems asleep after a feed or cuddle, and each time after 20minutes of noises, wriggling and wrestling out of her swaddle, she will scream so we pick her up again- and so the cycle goes for hours... Any suggestions?

Bindy- How did Maddy go with her needles? I'll be booking Jackson in for his today. I know there is something you can get to put on their arm or whatever to numb it for the needle. Cant remember what it is now. Or you can b/f them to distract them from it-I did this with Cara & will do with little boy to. Also give them baby panadol or similar before you go so it kicks in not long after needle & helps with any discomfort.

ALR-Welcome to our little thread,lol. And yep the lilypie site is the one I found to be the easiest for putting up a piccie! I tried another but kept getting error messages. Just have to resize your photo though so it works

QM- I'm glad you're back again and of course we noticed you weren't here! You & Bindy were here from the start but then you both just faded,lol iykwim. And dont worry my posts arent always responded to either but sometimes that happens. Doesn't mean youre forgotten okay.

Karen/Mary- sorry I cant catch up with you both! Wed are no good for me or Thurs & soon Tues wont be either 'cause my girl has Kindy which she sooo loves!

that reminds me who else is close in Brissy! Was it you Bindy. Someone was moving here I'm sure,lol.

Jackson had a hard time of it last night, Arghhhh!!! Finally settled him down at about 10.30! He was tired but had a 'funny tummy' - and he wasn't taking his bottle like normal but wanted bby all the time! But bby gets sore! Hopefully though he'll be back to normal again tonight, fingers X'ed.

Mary- Jackson can be like your girl too. I can see quite abit that he's forcing himself to stay awake! His eyes are heavy but he just wont stay asleep. Soo frustrating. But it does help if you can help him to sleep when you 1st notice the signs. Jackson has this cry that I recognise as 'I need sleep!' lol. And I act on it but its hard when there is a 3 yo who likes to make noise! But they normally rub their little eyes or else there may be jerky movements or they'll be grumpy.

Nik- Dont you just love their little smiles!! Jackson just has what I call a big cheeky grin. Its just gorgeous. I was playing with a ball yesterday that has a bell inside it and rolled it over him and I swear if he could have laughed he would have. It was that type of grin. It was hilarious Just love'em hey!

Kate- I've heard of the lavendar oil ! I'll have to give that a defineate whirl-sounds good...and if it relaxes them well thats gotta be good! LOL.

PPL I say if bubs is sleeping why wake them up!! They'll just have a good feed once they do. I'm not a believer of waking a contented sleeping babe! LOL.

Sorry for the novel everyone! As you guess Jackson is making up for last night

BBL

hey everyone

jaylen has diarea, wat could be the cause? something im eating? the formula? i thought formula was sposed to make their poo harder?

Wink

Jess - Im not totally sure but maybe it is the changeover from b/f to ff... If it is it will improve soon enough. You know what you should buy? We bought one with Cara our 1st born & it was our bible!LOL whenever there was a problem we would look it up & it takes you through their development mth by mth. Its excellent & worth its weight in gold! Its called What to Expect the first Year. I still look at it now & then

Billy Ocean Guest

ALR - cool pics! He's a cutie!!!

Nik - awesome you got a smile. How fantastic! I'm sure there'll be lots more to come. Yeah, I'm not into surfing either. I wish I could do it but I tried and it wasn't fun. I nearly drowned. ha ha! Don't think Jan Juc was the place to start really! I did get to sing at the Rip Curl Pro the year before last at Bells. It was freezing cold but great fun!

Carol - I hope Jackson has a better day/night. Billy's had a cr*p couple of days but seems a little better today. I guess they just have their days, just like us. With b/f during the needles, that's what they got us to do in the hospy for the heel ***** thing. Great idea! Definitely try the lavender oil too - it's great stuff. Just ONE drop in the bath though.

Mary, great news about your check up. You must be pleased. Are you letting Addy scream for a bit or just picking her up straight away? I try to wait for a bit before picking Billy up but it's hard.

Jen, that's great about Amber's night last night. You must be feeling heaps better! At least you can all get some sleep now.

Jess, I think it depends on the formula. Billy's poo is really pastey but it was rock hard on S26. Go into the FF section on here and have a look at the article about bowel habits. Maybe that will help? Also the ladies in there are very helpful. Call the hospy or the nurse if it keeps going though. Might just be a change of diet or something you've eaten.

Went to the mother's group. It was really good. I shouldn't have assumed it was going to be cr*p and full of snobs. Completely the opposite in fact. This poor lady there has had an abcess in her breast. Having to have it drained and tissue in there has died and stuff. She's been in hospital. Poor thing. My time has been easy compared to hers...

Not much else going on here. BTK is sleeping (touch wood). I'm thinking of baking a cake. Just a packet one. Caramel mud cake. I even bought one of those bendy baking tins - silicone ones or something? They looked cool so I had to have it. I never cook but hey, who knows when you'll need a bendy cake tin.

Right, going to do something constructive or fall asleep.

Back later.
    x

im having a horrible day

both kids got their neeldes...Vy got her 18 month ones as well

Im over it already!!!

bbl

Billy Ocean Guest

ps. TMI - I have to have another colposcopy done in 3 weeks (I had one at the start of my pg as my pap smear came back abnormal and they are just following up) and I had to get a prescription filled for this cream stuff that I have to use 3 times per week until the appointment. I didn't actually realise it was a cream until I picked it up today. I thought it was a tablet. Anyway, it's got one of those applicator thingys to put it in and I'm too scared to use it... It's gonna hurt, hey? Just thinking about it makes me cringe... Think I might call my dr and ask her if I HAVE to use it...

Sorry, I'm having sook.

Billy Ocean Guest

:hugs: to you Maz...

hmm hope its just the formula lol.. im only giving him like 1 bottle a day though? im taking agarol too, but i dont think that would be it, cuz i have been taking it all thro my pregnancy and since i got outa hospital.. ah no idea...

well sorry no personals, gunna go cool down, ahh i hate hot weather

Big hugs to Maz, Vy and Mat. It is not good to watch babies getting their needles. When they did Ambers heel ***** test in hospital I wasnt there. They had taken her away to settle her so I could get some sleep. They did the test and bought her into me screaming. It makes me cry to see my little girl so upset. I hope vy and Mat can sleep this arvo.

Jess- Amber is bf and her poos have been wet. They are yellow but she seems happy enough. Is he still feeling ok?

Kate- How cool do the bendy baking trays look! I always wanted to buy one. Let me know how it works. You can get a whole lot of silicone stuff these days. I know how you feel about the cream. TMI here but I got constipated 2 days ago and I freaked seeing as I have not healed properly yet. I have a bottle of the liquid they give you in hospy so it came out again. Dont we women go through enough!

Carol- That book sounds good. I might have to try and find it on ebay.

Mary- Yay about the VBAC. Addy is a healthy little girl. You went through a long and hard labour please dont beat yourself up over it.

Our mothers groups dont start til about 14 weeks? That seems a long way away especially as you girls are already doing them.

My girl is asleep for now. I really dont like it when it is a bit warmer. She is more unsettled.

Billy Ocean Guest

Don't worry too much Jess. Just see if it settles down. It might just be something you've eaten. Just call the hospy if you're worried though.

Billy Ocean Guest

Jen, that seems really far off to start a mother's group thing. We watched a DVD about settling babies and stuff today. I thought that was what they were meant for? All places must do it differently. He, just come to mine - you're so close!

Yeah, not happy about the cream stuff and I feel for you on the constipation. I agree, we go through enough!!!

OK, going to cook. I'll probably burn it. lol

Back soon.

ps. Jen, they have PURPLE bendy baking stuff at Big W!!! How exciting!

Hello everyone!

Sorry, I wont do many personals today. I feel like crap. I have a sore throat, headachey thing and I think Celeste has something similar. She had a horrible couple of days with coughing, sneezing and being really unsettled. Monday she did this projectile vommiting thing all over the visitors (quite funny actually) and I took her to the doctor today cause her snot is dark green and she has been only having half feeds and not sleeping normally. Yesterday she just napped for 20mins at a time but last night she slept for 8hours!!!!! I woke up though to check on her. Doctor said she just has a cold and to give her panadol. No infection which is great.

Nik, sooo happy that you have recieved a few smiles! Makes your heart sing hey?

Jess, maybe the runny poos is cause you are bf more? you know, the opposite of ff hard poos?

Good to hear that they can keep their arms tucked inside the baby bjorn. Celeste doesnt but I might try her like that cause she keeps pressing her nose into my chest and I worry she cant breathe properly.

Kate, Eww poor you with the tests and cream. Not fun I'm sure. Hope its not too bad for you.

Hawksey, good hearing about your dr and the vbac plan. I am like you with the feelings about the c-sect. I feel like I missed out and would love to try for a vbac if I ever get the chance. How is your belly healing up? Are you doing strengthing excercises yet? I'm not sure if I should start yet...

Am I the only one from SA here? I feel like a million miles away from all of you brissy/melb/perth girls.... sitting here like Norma No Friends

Hi ALR, welcome to the party. So glad everything worked out ok after you pg problems.

Well, gonna go do something before Celeste wakes as yesterday I had her in my arms most of the day. Must fold nappies, empty dishwasher etc. What fun!

I am thinking of taking down all the Birth cards we have up in the lounge room. They have been there for 6weeks now but I dont want to cause that is kinda like the end of her newborn stage if you KWIM??? Might leave them up for a while longer. Plus they look nice.

Billy Ocean Guest

ewwww... don't feel well.... cake mix...

Let's just say this cake is going to be a "low rider"

PMSL!

Billy Ocean Guest

Sazz, I hope you both feel better soon. Poor things... I took down all the birth cards last week, wrapped them in a ribbon and put them in Billy's keepsake box thingy with my hospy bands etc. Also double checked I'd done thank you cards to everyone before I put them away. Was sad taking them down.

And, pmsl again - you with your "Norma No Friends" and Nik throwing her "Pity Party". You girls make me laugh.

Hey, if you feel too lonely, I'll just pack the car and BTK and I will come visit.

Get better soon.
    x

Billy Ocean Guest

ps. does anyone know why that little box thing under my photo gallery link is grey and other people's are green?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast