Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #5

That grey box has something to do with reputation points..

One thing better than cake mixture is cookie mixture. DP makes these great biscuits and the mixture tastes good if not better raw!

Sazz- I hope you and celeste feel better really soon. There is nothing worse with being sick and your little one feeling ill too.

You know we got more birth cards and presents for Amber than DP and I got christmas cards... I am not taking ours down for a little bit yet. She is only 3 weeks after all!

Hmmm I found out that my boss has sold the business today. I work for a franchise for a car rental company. So our franchise has been soldback to the corporation. There is still a job for me at the end of my m/l but I am more loyal to the bosses than the corporation so it will make my decision easier what to do with work. I might try and find something part time and closer to home when the time comes.

With work and stuff has anyone thought about when they will go back? I know it is a long time away but I guess I am thinking about this stuff.

hmm jaylens been so unsettled 2day, i think the diarea is hurting his tummy.. not sure though... and he will only sleep on me.. hmm if he still has it in a few days i will go to the doc...

jen - i havent really thought about going back to work, im getting more now than i was working full time at my work, so i dont really see the point in going back to work really! might do a few shifts when hes about 1 or 2 cuz i will just wanna do something more 'adult' lol but na not sure!

Kate - I also have what I call a 'memory box' for Cara & I have started one for Jackson too. I think it will be great to look back on when they are older & they will appreciate it too. Even did preg journals as well,lol. I like reading them now & then

Sazz- I hope you'll be feeling better soon, & hope even more that Celeste doesn't end up with it! We had the 'coughs ' in our house for awhile and then I could hear Jackson coughing too But we're much better now & so is here, still sounds a bit congested though.

Jess- Hope little Jaylen feels better soon too! And yeah if he isn't much better in a day or two definately get him to your GP. Do what I do if your GP is busy as they normally are. Book him in now that way you'll be sure to get in & maybe get the time you want. You can always cancel on the day if you dont need it then

Jen- Its bit of a guessing game really at this point re work I know when I was thinking about it with Cara I thought I'd be back within 6/7 mths but just could'nt stand the thought of someone else caring for her & I really didn't want to miss a thing with her! So here I am still at home with my babies enjoying time with them, taking pics/video, playing with them & of course keeping house. And it is full on! Some mums have a choice while others really 'need' to return to work for the dosh...must be hard, but you gotta do what you gotta do hey And that book I was talking about is worth the recommendation! Take a look at it. I'd give you mine if I was done with it!

Hi

I had a nice lunch and met up with Karen today. Look forward to meeting up with more people next time.

Tascha- you are so close to me now, as is Dayl who we havent heard from for awhile. Carol is not far away and Jo is a little further from me.

Went shopping today, and how sad is this, I bought maternity jeans from KMart $40. I didnt have any all pregnancy, now I want to wear jeans and my belly is preventing me from buying real ones!!

Someone meantioned a cream for immunisations- its called EMLA and its a local anaesthetic tthat works really well to numb the area before a needle. It is available over the counter. If you use it put a patch on the upper arm and thigh over the big muscles. They will probably give the needles into the thigh muscles.

Sazz, My tummy is going down very slowly, My scar line is still having a little area at the end that wont heal- my ob thinks its a caught hair! I start pilates up again after Easter, so that will be good. If i could get out walking more it would be better!! But I have no pain etc anymore- how about you?

Glad you are all getting something out of your mothers groups, I rang up and booked into the community one, then as I am going to Perth next week(and will miss two out of three), rang to change the dates- get this, they told me I cant book into another one cause Addy will be too old after Easter!! You can only join a group up to 8 weeks! So we miss out completely. Oh well, have to meet up with you guys instead!

You girls & your chatting!! I'm never going to be able to keep up...!!

Kate - I know lol, 'normal'... who'd have thought?? I never thought I'd see the day when a child of mine was *shiver* 'normal'.

Jen, Yeah, I think I love Barb now! Honestly I am feeling so great today & I am putting it down to the bfing & getting Scally to sleep sooner. Why are Amber & Scally similar... because they both have mega unsettled times...?! lol, if only it was because they were perfect dreams to look after. Scally doesn't have the sleep stuff in her bath, just J&J milk bath, I like the smell . Maybe I'll get me some purple bottles though, if they work. She likes a shower more than a bath though so I normally resort to that if she's really frazzled. I haven't been to a Mothers Group yet although the ppl here called to invite me, thought it would be a waste of time since we're moving but will look into one down there, maybe, if I can get my act together... so maybe not!! Oh, just read Hawkseys post about not being able to join a mothers group after 8 wks... oh well! As for work, I don't ever want to go back!! Who does though? All I know for sure is 'no time soon'!!

Welcome ALR & congrats, I think Lewis is a great name, 'cept I'd annoy you by calling him Louey!!

NikW, How great are the first real smiles?! Scally seems to have gone from barely smiling to grinning & laughing & talking overnight. I can't believe the change, it's amazing!!

Hawksey, Good news on the prospects of a VBAC although even thinking about another at this point should be a commitable offence! Bugger about the reflux, I had it bad enough when PG, it can't be fun for poor little Addy. Definately try to get her to bed sooner, that was one of the things up with Scally, she tires out quicker than most bubs, I was aiming to have her ready to sleep by 1.5 hrs but turns out her awake time is more like 1 hr. I wanted to buy jeans today as I am only fitting into my maternity ones but I'd have to buy a size up atm & after seeing them & the acres & acres of fabric I decided to wait!! Have a few pairs of mat jeans that don't look like mat jeans (well, none of them do now days do they... remember those hideous ones with the weird material/elastic belly cut out bit in the front?? Ick!). Bugger on the Mothers Group, that'll be us too then. Atleast we've got BB & I am also excited about meeting my Belly Buddies once I move.

Hindonly, Jackson will be laughing before you know it, like I said to Jen I can't believe the change in Scarlett over the last few days, she laughs! Well, it's more like a big grin accompanied by a squeal, it's so so great!

Jess, My guess on the diohrea... (I obviously have no idea how to spell that lol) is the formula & his tummy getting used to something different. Scally has some weird stuff going on in that department too lol.

Maz, Oh I don't envy you! Or your babies! Poor things & poor you. *hugs*

Sazz, I'm a Norma No Friends too atm, but since I'm moving to Melbourne I won't be for long as a few of my Bell Buddies live there. Alot of BB ppl seem to be from Melb come to think of it. Poor Celeste having a cold, gee that's a lovely name. If we ever have another girl I might have to steal it Celeste & Scarlett would go well together hehehe.

Well!! After all of that I bet you're all sorry you told me to stay!!

Had a great day out & about today - it was the longest we've been out of the house & no screaming fits!! Some near misses but that doesn't matter.

I had the best experience I've had with Scarlett so far yesterday afternoon... I read her a book & she loved it!! It was 'The cat in the hat comes back' & I lay next to her on the rug & held it above our heads, she laughed & gooed & gaaed the whole time I was reading & was watching the book the whole time, it was really fantastic & I think just a taste of the fun we'll have hanging out together.

So, so glad our bf/ff issues are over for now, it was getting me down but everything is running smoothly now...

I better shut up now... can you tell I'm in a good mood?? Think I'm a bit manic 'cause I've not eaten yet today... just haven't had a chance, will go get dinner now.

QM- From what you described, Scally has some unsettled times where putting her to bed and waking ten minutes later etc sounded exactly like Amber. You 'sound' good today. Hooray! I sing to Amber sometimes but I am so tone deaf!

I was saying to Kate before, I know my life is boring when I look forward to the catalogues coming and I can look through them. Then I get excited when I see a special like a special on nappies etc.

hi ladies,

amy had her shots in each thigh. they only give two shots now as of 1 mar instead of 3. just as horrible tho. amy was fine after a cuddle tho. she had a mild fever last nite and this arvo but panadol fixed it. good luck to those with shots due soon xx

jess - are u sure it's diarrhoea?? amy had really runny poos for a while there but it wasn't diarrhoea. i think it needs to be watery....just watch him cos bubs get dehydrated quickly. amy had the watery realllllly stinky poos after we'd been on formula top ups for a bit.... i think it was still her body getting used to it tho...she had pains in the tummy too. it went away after about 2 days....hope he feels better soon xx

kate - glad to hear mothers group was good. how was your cake? yum!! i love baking but i never get the time and always forget 2 buy ingredients!

maz - hope things have settled down xx

sazz - hope u both feel better soon. i took our cards down yesterday as i was doing thank u cards....i'm so slack!!

jen - not sure wen i'll b going bak 2 work.....when the money runs out i guess. wish we could win the lotto.....oh that's right, u have to actually buy a ticket to win that!! hehe

mary - no idea when our mothers group is....that really sux for u!! would rther catch up with u ladies anyway!

got clinic again tomorrow morn. i'm so over worrying about amy's weight gain!!! have a great nite ladies xxxx luv nik and amy

Billy Ocean Guest

QueenMab - where in Melbourne are you moving to if you don't mind me asking?

Me again, hehehe

Just a quick one: QM feel free to use Celeste's name as I love Scarlett too so maybe we will just do a swapsy for next bubs?

Nik, we are having a weigh tomorrow too. Celeste is still the smallest here I think... Wonder if she has hit 4kg yet?

Mostly just came in to let you know I have finally gotten around to putting some pictures up in the gallery if anyone wants a squizz...

Panadol has worked really well for Celeste. She must have had a headache poor thing. Might take some myself and have a nap now!

Catch you all tomorrow!

Billy Ocean Guest

Brain has stopped working.

Billy just had this screaming session. Never, ever heard him scream like it before. He couldn't breathe he was so upset. You know when they can't catch their breath? It was awful. Don't know what it was. No wind. No poo. No wee. I held him really tight in my arms and kept his dummy in and he finally fell asleep. I wrapped him up in a muslin wrap and he didn't even wake up when I did that. Must've exhausted himself. So anyway, I forgot who I was going to write to!

Jen, that baking tray was ok. Cake on the other hand... The tray was too big for it so it was flatter and I think it cooked too quickly. I didn't bother icing it and have been picking bits off it. pmsl I am NOT a cook!

Um, work? If I go back to work, that means moving back to the coast. I'm not sure if I want to. I loved it there so much and SO didn't want to come back here but now I want to be close to my family and Billy needs to be close to his dad too. The support of friends and family here is so important. I had friends there too but not long time ones, you know? I don't know. I loved my job so much but things have changed there also. We shall see...

Jess, I'd do what Carol said and book Jaylen into the GP just in case. As she said, you can always cancel.

Hey Mary, how is Sammy going with Addy?

Damn, I forgot what I was going to say. Think I might go to bed for a bit...

Hope everyone gets some sleep tonight.

x

~Belinda~ Guest

Just letting you know that Madeleine went fine with her needles yesterday, grizzled a bit when she came home but all in all she was fine. When she screamed, it broke my heart but Daddy and I were there to give her big cuddles. Hope everyone is well.

Mums I cant believe what you're telling me about Mums groups. Why not find a local one run by mums? I actually started one in my area & mums can join at anytime We have quite a few mums involved in it too - its great Met alot of local mums in the area & made a few strong friends as well.

Bindy - Poor Maddy!! Is it okay to shorten her name like that?? Better ask! lol. I hate it when they scream - really hope Jackson doesn't. Did you give her anything beforehand to help with the discomfort afterwards? Bl**dy needles hey! And they just keep coming too,lol.

~Belinda~ Guest

Yeah I don't mind but I like Madeleine, it's so pretty! Nah I didn't give her panadol, the nurse said it's not necessary these days as the effects on them are less now (because its' 2008, not 1978!), I think they've made vaccinations better. I gave her some afterward though when we got home as she was a little grizzly. When are you going with Jackson to get his done?

Oi Bindy - Why aren't you in bed?!

Atleast when you shorten Madeline it comes out as a cute 'Maddy' Scarlett on the other hand... I think I've already said that the name 'Scar' will come in handy if she's ever in jail haha.

Anywho, I better get to bed or I'll be back whining tomorrow!

Night lady! xoxo

Sorry i've been MIA all day decided to iron all the clothes i washed the other day because they were creased plus Sophie had a clingy day and she had a bit of wind. So going to try VERY hard to post personals if i miss anyone i'm saying sorry in advance.

Jen- not sure what the hold up was with the medicare card, nobody told us to go to medicare first and get a temp card for Sophie and then go to centrelink grrrrr so we went to centrelink and then tried going to medicare. Yeah Sophie has daddy's last name, will make it so much easier when we get married that way i just have to change all my stuff over. Good to hear Amber is having better nights, and hopefully she'll sort herself out during the day soon. I LOVE the smell of Sophie that new baby smell. Havent thought when/if i'll go back to work as yet, at the moment enjoying my little madam and Chris hasnt said anything about me going back to work yet.

Nik- Chris doesnt understand what a demanding job looking after Sophie is, he told me last night that i have the easiest job in the world i wanted to slap him. You have a pity party anytime you like we'll all join in. Chris only sees Sophie for a few hours each day and has no idea what i go through during the day. Woohoo on getting smiles from Amy I'm suppose to go to the health nurse tomorrow but cant get there Chris will be at work, but will get Sophie checked over at the dr on Friday anyway so i'm not stressed. I havent done thankyou cards yet i'm VERY slack trying to sort my printer out so it prints good photos not photos that make everyone look like they've had too much sun grrrr.

Kate- haha, we were birth buddies that went into labour the same day maybe we could have some weird connection. Hopefully all goes well on Friday for both of us,reminds me i have to get my pap smear done friday and ask about the cervical cancer vaccine and the pill. No problem for the hug anytime. You were thinking of the right form i did the same thing (went to centrelink first). Thanks for checking out my pictures on facebook, i wasnt sure when i last added photos. I'll check out your after i post this novel. During the night Sophie will usually go 5hrs before she wakes for a feed, i've stopped waking her to feed i figure when shes hungry she'll wake me, i gave Sophie cooled boiled water (it was room temperature) i put 60ml in both times and she took about half both times. It was in between feeds and it was warm and SIL said shes old enough to have it. If you heat up formula but bubs doesnt drink it all what do you do with it? can it be reheated??. Glad the mothers group wasnt as bad as you thought it would be, no ones mentioned a mothers group to me was the hospital suppose to or the health nurse??. Pardon my ignorance but what is a 'colposcopy'?. I've used the applicator thing before with the cream its not too bad a little uncomfortable i didnt like using it either.

Sazz- I havent taken down Sophie's birth cards yet either wasnt sure how long they were suppose to be on display for. Sorry but i too had a giggle at your "norma no friends". I hope your little girl is better soon nothing worse than having a cold and so little.

ALR- Hello & welcome, congratulations on your little man. I got my ticker from 'bump & beyond' and it was easy to add the photo to the ticker its in their process of making their tickers HTH.

QM- i too am sorry if you felt excluded, we get carried away in here even when we were still in our Belly Buddies thread we'd fly through threads VERY quickly and it was hard to keep up even then now we all have bubs. Please dont leave though. Another noveliest among us , glad Scally had a good day out & about today. You sounds like you were in a terrific mood sort of like that scene on titanic "i'm on top of the world woohoo" haha.

Karen- sounds like you had a dodgy mechanic who was making more work for himself the wrong way. The swishing sound is consistant with a water pump, but i wouldnt have stopped at taking to the car with a baseball bat i would have taken a shot at the mechanic also, i try not to be a violent person but dodgy mechanics do my head in. I qualified as a mechanic April 07 (no joke).

Mary- so glad your 6 week check up went well and your OB is very keen for you to try a VBAC next time whenever you guys decide that will be. I'd be happy to catch up with you guys but i dont drive & Chris is back on day shift and public transport isnt the best. But you guys are more than welcome to come for a visit if you'd like. My belly too is preventing me from wearing normal jeans, 3/4's and shorts i'm still wearing all my maternity pants but i'm back to wearing normal shirts.

Carol- im not IN IN brissy but i'm at Tanah Merah I hope Jackson was better for you today. Thanks for the tips in regards to needles we'll be getting Sophie done in 2 weeks so they'll come in handy. That book sounds like a good buy might even pick myself up a copy.

Maz- to you, Vy & Mat not pleasant to get needles done i myself still hate needles.

Jess- i hope Jaylen has been better for you, maybe he doesnt like the formula your giving him even if its only 1 bottle its probably enough to upset his tummy. Not sure about the diahorea (sp), Sophies poos are a softish paste and yellow/green.

Bindy- Glad Madeleine went well with her needles.

I think i've written the longest post ever (for me) and wasnt interrupted once. Well going to catch some ZZZ's even if its only for an hour its better than nothing.

God you girls can chat!! pmsl

i hav elost my side of the bed to the boobie monster come bed $lut!!

im waiting fo rhim to go to sleep so I can put him back in his basinet and then im going to get some sleep...have been awake since 2.30..ahh and my nose is running and i have a sore throat!

I need a scotch!

Maz- Awake since 2.30!! Poor Woman & I bet no chance of you catching a few zzz's today. I know I find it impossible so couldn't be any easier for you,LOL.

god u girls can chat, it used to be me doing all the chatting hehe

yer might ring the docs 2day... get me checked up as well!

i think i might have thrush on my boobs, maybe thats why they are burning..

ahh i never have time for personals anymore!

well better go, doing more shopping 2day i just have to get out of the house, i stayed at home yesterday and i nearly went insane! i think im just going to go for a walk around the shops everyday or something!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast