Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #6

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, Madeleine is still on 1 hole Avent teats and she is 9 weeks old. The 2 hole teats make her splutter her milk a bit more and it dribbles out of the side of her mouth. I had tried to put her onto the 2 hole but went back to 1 hole because she seemed to have more wind with 2 hole. I think if you just try him on them and see how he goes but there is no set rule (now he's 1 month old, put him on 2 hole as the packet says IYKWIM)....

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while.

Went on our first family holiday on the weekend. Just got back this afternoon. It was soooo good to get away as a family. It was great weather and all. I've got some pics up on the facebook link. We took the porta-cot and Bodie seemed to sleep in it ok! He woke up a couple of times but he wasn't too bad. It was nice just to walk along the beach, get some sun & hang around the pool. I was constantly putting sunscrean on Bodie though (I got him the banana boat babies 30+ roll on). It was a 3 hour drive and he slept most of the way... he was a very good boy!

Jo & Nik: Woohoo on Sophie & Amy sleeping 7 hours! Bodie's done that a couple of times also. Don't you love it when they sleep that long. arrrrh

Kate: Awwww I love the idea of the strawberry tattoo! Goodluck for Wednesday, I suppose it won't hurt as much as you'll know what to expect.

Hi to all you lovely mummies!

Gotta go, DF came back with Chinese for dinner.... yummmm.

April & Bodie xo

Hi everyone!

Oh my goodness, it's like someone flicked a switch in Amy and I'm getting SOOOOOO many smiles now!!!! Who would have though that something so small (yet so significant) could make mothering just that little bit more worth it! Haven't had a laugh or anything yet but I've waited so long for the smiles that I'm happy with just that for a while :-) we had a really big day yesterday. Amy barely only really had one semi long sleep over lunch. BUT!!! I got 9 HOURS SLEEP last night! Amy went down at 8pm, I went to bed bout 8.30 and she woke up at 1.30am then slept again until 6.30am!!!! I seriously couldn't believe it. I'm not going to get my hopes up but wow, I feel refreshed (sort of anyway!) hehehe.
    Am going to the gym this afternoon. Am really looking forward to it but know that I won't be able to walk properly for about 3 days after the class. hehehe. Worth it though. I'm sick of having all these clothes that don't fit me.

Bindy - that's amazing with Madeleine's sleeping. they usually say that if it lasts for 3 days then it is becoming routine and if they start to wake again in the night, to try to put them back to sleep rather than feeding them....I'm sure you know all this....just heard it at clinic the other day and thought it was interesting.

Jess - I'm using tommee tippee and i don't have to go up to the next ones until Amy is 3 months old but she's going so well on the 1 teats that if the 2's are cra'p she can stay on the 1's for as long as she wants. I think it's just a guide but it depends on the baby in the end. so glad the thrush is clearing up for you. Amy had the beginnings of nappy rash a while back and I put some of that sudocream on and it was gone within half a day. Was so happy cos it looks so sore!! How weird that he doesn't like his new bouncer!! I went and got our photos printed the other day and it cost $78!!!! I printed out all our honeymoon ones (FINALLY!) and all the ones I've taken of Amy so far (HEAPS!). There ended up being 400 photos all up!

Kate - very cute idea for the strawberry. I'm done getting tattoos. I promised myself the last one was when my mum died (I've only got 3 but still that's enough for me). A strawberry is just so gorgeous though. I love tattoos that have meaning behind them. with the fess little noses, Amy cracks it if we take too long putting it in but if you do it quickly, she doesn't really notice. It really does seem to work a bit but you have to keep doing it. I wish her nose would get better. It's been a week now! She's not sick though cos her snot isn't a weird colour and she's happy enough. It's just her breathing sounds awful!

April - that's great that you all got away. I can't wait until we can do that. Mark has weekends off again soon so I'm sure it won't be long. I bought that sunscreen too. Do you know if there is any insect repellent that we can use on bubs their age yet? Hope you enjoyed your chinese. Love the pics!!! Bodie in the pool!! How cool is that!?

Am just trying to get Amy down for a sleep so I can have some breakfast! Hope you all have a wonderful day ladies. I think I could be bombarded by the MIL this afternoon. Wish me luck! Hehehehe.
    Luv Nik and Amy

april - ohhhh bodie looks so cute in his lil swimsuit! aww lol! i cant wait till next summer, take the lil man to the beach in a cute as swimsuit! AND are u in a bikini! i hate u if u r LOL i will never be able to get into a bikini again, damn stretchmarks...

nik - yer that sudocream stuff is magic, jaylens bum was RED AS, and now its all gone! sill putting a little bit on though! 400 photos omg! i had about 250, i though that was bad !! havent taken pics of jaylen for a few weeks, cuz the memory on the cam is full, and the button u press to delete pics is broken.. so i think i will go buy a new cam 2morrow, cant really afford it cuz i have to pay 4 the computer on tues/wed, but im not missing out on having pics!

just another formula/bottle question, since jaylen was like 2-3 weeks old i was giving him the 'up to 2 months old' mesurements (which is 150mls of water, 5 scoops of powder) of formula cuz he wanted more... am i able to go up to the next one now? (180mls water, 6 scoops of powder) cuz he drinks all his formula and seems to want more.. i think i am going to go to all formula, hes just such a pig and not getting enough from my bbs, with formula he feeds every 3-4 hrs in the day, and usually sleeps for about 5-6 hours at night, but with bbs, he wants more after an hour..

hmm i want to go out 2day but its sooo damn hot, jaylen absolutly hates the heat!
    OMG hes asleep in his new bouncer... amazing hehe

ok TMI, but im taking tis herron sennesoft laxitive stuff, been taking the max amount for like 4 days, and it hasnt made any difference at all! omg im going to die

ohhh when i got my pics printed off the digi cam i printed some older pics of me... omg i have gotten so fat and ugly haha!! i need to go get my hair dyed ect ect to make myself feel better :P

well thats the longest post i have done in a while.. hope everyone is coping in this heat, lucky we dont have anyone in SA (i dont think lol), sooooo hot there!
    Last edited by _JeSs_; March 10th, 2008 at 08:22 AM.

Oh Jess! I know what you mean about feeling yukky. None of my clothes fit me and I don't want to wear my maternity clothes cos they looked good when I had a big belly but now they just make me look frumpy. I was looking at pics from our honeymoon and I was so fit. I want to be like that again!! hopefully it won't take long once I'm back at the gym....definitely get a new camera. I'm taking photos of everything at the moment! Don't want to miss anything! About the formula, that amount is just a guide. Sometimes babies will drink more or less. Amy drinks less than the 180ml that is supposed to be for 2-3 months but sometimes she'll drink more than the 120ml (the up to 2 months amount) so I just make up the 180 ml and put 60ml in another bottle and give her the 120ml. That way if she drinks more I've got the 60ml there but if she doesn't I keep that 60ml for the next feed and I'm not wasting heaps. Honestly Jess, it's up to your bub how much they eat so as long as you mix it properly, it doesn't matter how much they're eating.....unless of course they're putting on waaaaaay too much weight but I doubt that's happening. give him more if he needs it. you'll have a much happier content bub and you will be happier too. RE diarrhoea, have you tried the Nulax? That worked for one of my friends who was really constipated after birth.....

thanks nik! might start making slightly bigger bottles, even if its just at bedtime...
    ohh yer i feel yuck atm, and yer the maternity clothes just make me look fat and frumpy too hehe...
    na havent tried nulax, is it ok to use when breastfeeding? i think i might have hemmeroids, ahh... will ask the doc i think...

ok i think i might brave the weather, going to be hotter 4 the next few days... OMG i dont know what to get mum forher bday lol

Jess, nulax is fine to use during breastfeeding. It's a fruit based laxative. I had haemorrhoids. I bought some proctocedal over the counter at the chemist to help with that. it's just ointment you apply to the 'area' hehehe. It really works. I had them before I was pregnant but they got worse when I was pregnant and after I gave birth. They're much better now though but god they are uncomfortable when they're bad.
    weather is terrible here at the moment. It's sooooo windy. It's sunny one minute and then rainy the next. Can't do much cos you don't know what the weather is going to do!
    Hmmmmm, pressies for parents can be difficult. What about a nice dinner somewhere really upper class for her and her partner??? I'm hopeless when it comes to presents. Does she like music? Maybe you could get her tickets to a show or something......

might have to go to the chemist 2morrow i think
    lol thanks for the ideas, im hopeless with pressies too... dinner thats an idea... i think we might be going out for dinner anyway.. hmm

just put jaylen on his little playmat for his 1st 'tummy time' lol.. he lifted are turned his head but hes been able to do that since he was about 2 weeks old lol strong lil man! then he got tired so i put him back in the bouncer

jess, you can get the nulax from woolies but proctocedal you need to get from the chemist.....amy's getting stronger and stronger every day with tummy time. I used to have to encourage her to lift her head but now she does it on her own and looks around. she doesn't like it for too long though. The past couple of days have been pretty fun. she's had a lot of awake time where she's happy. I can't believe she's 9 weeks. it's going quickly now that we're not stressed about the feeding and weight gains. She's starting to actually look at toys now too. Might have to buy a few kiddies books soon and start reading to her. She gets cranky so quickly though!! Very short attention span! Hahahha.

God I'm having a lazy day....well not really. Am doing lots of chores but just can't be bothered to go anywhere. might venture to the shops tomorrow. I think it's the wind that's making me scatter brained. god i hate windy days! grrrrrrr

nik - yer i got jaylen this rattle thing, and i waved it in front of him a few days ago and he focused on it for like 20 mins lol! and he moves his head back and forth when i walk past him lol so cute! i cant wait till they start doing more..
    LOL im having a day like that too, im going to head to the shops 2morrow too, not going to be that hot thank god... hmm omg its only 4.30... feels like it should be night time, days go some much longer when u are up at 6-7 hehe...
    pretty quiet here here apart from me and u nik! everyone must be sleeping

Hi you two!

I'm in SA and it is 40C here! BLaaargh. Have only been as far as the clothes line today and have all the curtains closed still.

Celeste hasnt had much tummy time - she cracks it after about 2minutes. We have her on a lambskin on the floor to play but its too soft to do tummy time really. Will have to put her on something firmer I think. Maybe a couple of towells on the floorboards?

Tried doing her hand/foot prints for a few days now but sooooo hard. Finally got one good one of each but not on the same bit of paper. Will have to doctor it somehow to make it look good.

Celeste discovered yesterday that she can hit the toys hanging from her gym. It was hillarious! She entertained herself for a full half hour. So cute hearing her giggling. She kind of just flails about but sometimes hits them so its enough to keep her interested.

Yesterday we had all the inlaws here (again!) and when anyone else was holding her she kept her eyes fixed on me. Makes me feel soooo good. (mean I know hehe but good to know she feels safe with seeing me). One bad thing almost happened. DH nephew is 8 and wanted a hold on the lounge. His mother wasnt even paying attention and there was another sister of DH next to him but she is handicapped and not really that responsible. Anyhow, the nephew was letting her slide off of his lap when he had had enough and she nearly went toppling onto the floorboards. I couldnt reach cause MIL was getting right in the way and I nearly footy bumped her out of the way to get there. She pushed in front and got her first and passed her too me but wasnt letting go. I just snapped at her "Ive got her!!!" which was a bit mean but FAR OUT I was sooo p!$$ed off by then!!!! Didnt let anyone else hold her after that. Then the same SIL whos kid it was, spilt coffee all over our new floor rug and the other kid nearly broke my globe of the world...

Oh gotta go... bbl Little blossom needs me!

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, how did Jaylen go with the 2 hole teats? Did you go ahead with that?

sazz - omg damn inlaws lol! how scary, i get scared anyone holding jaylen apart from mum lol, pulled over to some mates down the street over the weekend, and she just took him out of the car and was kinda holdin him up in the air a bit, my god i was standing there ready to catch him LOL

bindy - na havent tried the #2 teats yet...i tried them when i 1st gave him a bottle, cuz thats the teat that came with the bottle i bought, but he drank it too quick.. so i might wait a few more weeks... also i dont want to make FF too easy 4 him while im still BFing a bit... i really think im going to stop BFing... i know its selfish but im sick of watching what i eat and having to ask the chemist about absolutly everything i take

hmm jaylen hasnt been settled since i BF him b4.... bottle time! hehe... hes so much better on a bottle now, used to be the other way round

~Belinda~ Guest

Jess, Madeleine is fully FF and has been since 2 weeks old. I think it's no big deal but I wouldn't post that in the BF'ing forum as I've been abused before! I have no idea why society makes such a big deal out of it and people stress out too much. HAPPY MUMMY = HAPPY BABY I say and Madeleine is healthy so that's all that matters to me...she's a happy baby too!

Anyway, life is too short to worry about stuff...as long as our little ones have plenty of cuddles, love, affection and a full belly...their feeding is only one small part of the rest of their lives.

In saying all of this, I think women who can BF need to be praised, it wasn't possible for us...

bindy - yer EVERYONE is so damn pedantic (sp) about BFing... they wouldnt make formula if it was 'so bad' for babies! like think about kids in kinder and school ect, u dont go around saying, OH WERE U BF OR FF! lol i dont think it makes any difference in their lives... but i do agree, congrats to ppl who do it, easier and cheaper haha! i would keep going if he wasnt such a pig , and if ABSOLUTLY everything i ate, took ect, made him different..

~Belinda~ Guest

I was FF and I turned out OK...

hehe ! and i was BF till i was about 3 and i doubt very much im better than anyone else hehe!
    WHERE is everyone lol! going to give Jaylen a bigger bottle b4 bed 2night, see if that makes him sleep longer... so in love with that bedtime bath stuff... last night he nearly fell asleep when i was washing him then half fell asleep when i was dressing him, half asleep when was feeding him... LOL its magic

just a few q's about FF

should u always make up the bottle as u need it or can u make it up and it doesnt go off?

and if u need to go out, can u make one up, put it in one of them bottle bag things and it will be ok?

can ppl tell me what they do lol!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast