Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2008 #9

omg i keep forgetting to come in here, going to make it my home page i reckon lol.. but it seems pretty quiet in here anyway...

jays going really well, LOVES his food, just not too keen on feeding himself but im going to make a MCHN appoint' so will see what she has to say...
    loves his vegies and sometimes has desert for tea as well! lil piggy!

jays not crawling yet either but gets on his hands n knees and rocks and crawls backwards ect, not really worried, hes moving around QUITE enough already

has his 2 bottom teeth and the top left one had just cut through...

hmm thats all i can think of atm!

hope everyones well!

hello again

Thank you Tascha for your travelling tips!! I made sure I got bassinet seats MEL to HKG, but the monkey did not even sleep for one bit!! The bassinet supplied by the airline (Cathay Pacific) was sooo small with hardly any room on the sides for her arms (and she's tiny!!), so we just held her for the whole journey. It was the most exhausting 11.5 hours of my life. By the time we got to HKG we all of us were irritable and exhausted from lack of sleep. HKG to London was much better as we asked for vacant row of seats which luckily we got.

On the way back, we went by Singapore airline which was much better! They have bigger bassinets! Amelie slept like a champion! Phew! So all of us were refreshed when we arrived into MEL, however the customs line was sooooo long - I really wish they have fast track lines for parents dealing with little bubbas who may be hungry and tired getting off a long flight! There should be more courtesy and compassion shown to parents with littlies!! As it was, Amelie was throwing tanties from being in line for so long. It was about 2 hours from landing befor we got out of customs

On other news, Amelie's two bottom teeth cut through 2 weeks ago. She's been saying "dada" since about 6.5 mths now and said "mama" at 8 mths - she also prefers mama to dada so she says this all the time LOL. Now also crawling properly using hands and knees not cammando crawling anymore! She also goes from crawling to sitting up and vice versa really easily. Oh she has somehow learnt to wave hello when she meets people LOL! I think she may have learnt this when we're out and about when random people would wave hello to her and speak to her. It is so cute. We have taught her to clap to "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" - it is the CUTEST thing!!!

We are also doing "elimination communication" (EC) since about 7 mths - has anyone heard of this? I contributed to a thread about this a while ago: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/napp...-3-months.html
    She's doing really well with this as well but I'm not confident enough to do it full-time yet! Potentially too messy I think and she's still so young.

My LO is still a tiny baby - only 7.7kg. I have good and bad days with solids - sometimes she eats so well but on other days she clamps her mouth shut and nothing will make her open it! I tried letting her feed herself a while ago but she makes gagging sounds and it scared the hell out of me so never tried it again. Sometimes I wonder if I should see a paedetrician about this? Even her 6 month old cousin (who was born premmie at 34 weeks) is now bigger than her!!
    Last edited by cherryblossum; November 14th, 2008 at 07:44 AM.

YAY im not the only one that forgets to come in here......its a good sign really isn't it

Mateauz...well were do I start.

He has 2 bottom teeth and I can see that his top teeth are bulging..so no doubt we'll be in for a week of hell soon. He crawls everywere, had started pulling himself up in the last week and yesterday took 3 steps holding onto the couch (couch walking) . He is so chunky nad in size 0 - 1 clothes. Says - dada, mama, me, aye, bubba and loves blowing rasberries. He eats so much...2 weetbix for breaky alone. He sleeps 13 hours anight and 3 hours through the day (one sleep) I am so in awe of him atm. I cant wait to see the physio next week and show of his new tricks

thats enough of me bragging

hope everyone is well and that yourve all gone out and bought a first christmas tree ornament..OH NO I forgot about the tree....hmm gonna have to watch my little chubber with that!

Cherry - you can get these mesh feeders from tomme tippe that allow you to put food in them but they cant get chunks out to eat IFYKWIM. We used it to start with and it helped mateauz get the hang of solids. I to hate the gagging sound...mateauz still makes it and it scares the hell out of me

keep smiling

lol maz yer im a bit worried about the tree too! im sure jaylen will end up pulling it on himself
    god mat is a hero! cant belive all the stuff hes doing! i'd be so proud maz!
    where did u get the '1st xmas' ornament, i cant find them anywhere? also trying to look for a 1st xmas stocking or bear or something but cant find them either...

cherry blossum, how big was amelie when she was born? im sure its all fine but u could go to the mchn and see if shes still on the right 'curve on the graph? like jay is a big baby, but hes stil growing on the right curve, i reckon he would weigh about 11kgs now, he was 9.7kgs at like 7 months, lil chubba

well im off!

Jess - Big W have a heap of my first chirstmas stockings and hats..in baby blue and the ornaments was like $3...if you cant get them let me know and I'll go and get them for ya.

Yes...very proud Jess...I still have to pinch myself

Just a quick one for now...
    Jess- Target have the ornaments too. Also best n less have my first xmas clothes too. So cute.

Mateauz is a champion.

No crawling, only 2 teeth but eating well here.

hi everyone

hi i had my son lincoln 17/01/08, he is mummy's little terror
    he walks everywhere in his walker runs your feet over, and pulls everything over.
    he has two bottom teeth and just getting a top one, he is a big boy he was only 3.590kg when he was born and is now 13kg's!
    i don't know how he came outter my belly i am only 5ft2 and 45kgs, gain 20kgs with him.
    he has crawled backwards twice and eats very well he loves pumpkin spinich and ricotta (was eating that from 6 months old)
    he is in size 1's and walker nappies.
    I took him to the zoo on fathers day and he did not whinge or cry for the whole day! he loves animals chases the dog and cats in his walker.
    He is talking too he says mum, dad, bub, and hello and he can wave too.
    i am so proud of him and proud to be his mummy, i can't see life without my boy now.

welcome ashie! and congrats on new bubba

maz, i will let u know if i cant find anything, cuz we havent got a big w, thanks!

jen, will have a look in best and less, i got an xmas tshirt for him but didnt see any '1st' xmas stuff lol... found a stocking in kmart but it was like 15 bucks... will prob get it though cuz its sooooo damn cute lol

not much else new happening here either, me and the bf are looking for a house to rent together, dont know how successfull thats gunna be but we'll see

Just bumping the thread up

queenbee Guest

Have not been in here for agggeeeesssss.....

Just thought I would pop in and say hi. Thanks ANNA for bumping that up for me, I finally found it.

Madeleine is going really well ;-) and growing so quickly, she is almost 11 months old.

How is everyone else going with their Bubs?

Hi everyone!Sounds like things are going really well in here with everyone. Amy's been crawling for just over two weeks now and gets faster every day. She's pulling herself up on everything she can and is cruising like a pro. She gets back down from standing now (which is nice after a few days of the whingeing for me to help her down) and is starting to let go for a second and stand on her own but only for a second. All this in 2 1/2 weeks! Nothing for months and months and then everything all of a sudden! I'm kinda relieved because I was starting to worry cos she wasn't showing any signs of becoming mobile. Now she's got a bit of carpet burn on her toe! Hahahahaha. Doesn't seem to bother her, that's why I'm laughing ;-)Have bought the decos and invitations for Amy's first birthday. We're just having nibblies and drinks at home with family and close friends. Nothing too huge. We're opening a bank account for her and putting some money in that as a pressie. What is everyone else doing?

Moonsun - that's great that Amelie has finally put on the weight. One less thing to worry about :-)

cherry - the gagging sound is awful. Hope Amelie is going ok with the feeding now.

Maz - Have you seen the physio yet to rub their noses in it? You are a legend.

Jess - my sis bought Amy a baby's first christmas stocking. I put it up the other day. It is very cute.

Ashie - welcome! Congrats on your new pregnancy! When are you due? Are you going to stop at two kids? We are only having two so am making sure i enjoy every minute of this pregnancy as I know it's the last time. Lincoln sounds like a cutie. This age is so much fun isn't it!?

Belinda - long time no speak! Glad to hear madeleine is going well. Scary that a year has gone so quickly isn't it!?

well better get going. Have a great day ladies xx

Ashie - hi ya and welcome ...my little man is chubbed up so much..he was only 2.9kg born and lost alot of that weight as he nearly died on us...but hey he's goo dnow and cruising around. Very stubborn red head lol.

Anna - you just cant come in here and bump without having a chat woman!!!!!

Nik - we're having a huge 1st birthday...we dont normally celebrate first but wait until their seconds...but we think its due course to celebrate his ...having a huge pool party for the kids out the back...with bubbles and a BBQ tea for the parents. 2 weeks later ive got a 7th brithday party for WIlhelm....thank god for the Ruddy bonus this year.

Ive got a goodlittle man who likes his 12 hours sleep at night and his 3 hours through the day.

ok of to do some house work and find a certain little miss Vy as its gone awefully quiet.

queenbee Guest

Maz, how is Mat going?

Nik, so good to see you in here. Sounds like Amy is becoming a champion crawler indeed. Yes Madeleine has carpet burn on her forehead a couple of weeks ago, just a teeny bit, went head first into the carpet. Poor thing, they are prone to accidents now aren't they?

She is going through my washing, better go...she puts it everywhere!!!!
    Last edited by queenbee; November 27th, 2008 at 11:46 AM.

It would be a boring update if I did Maz!

We're all sick. Rip is starting to be assertive (read=naughty), still not walking unless we hold his hands. He's 12kg and 85cm tall. His brother is lucky to be alive the way his attitude is going. Gage is gestating nicely but I look like a huge fat very disgruntled cow

Hope everyone else is chirpier than me

yes i love this age when they interact more with you he makes me laugh with his silly face he does all the time and when he calls me mumma when he wants something, the only problem is everything is his well he thinks anyway he wants everything you have lol.
    i am due the 29th june but will be having another c-scetion yay
    this one is already longer that linky was at the same age which is scary
    this pregnancy is totally different to lincoln really sick all the time if its a girl we might not have another but if its a boy must try again i do want to have a little girl to put stockings and boots on hehe.

Hello everyone.
    My goodness its been forever. TIME FLIES.

Update on Joshy...

CHEEKY.. great way to start! My little man has been crawling for a while now. And finds everything and anything to get into trouble with. He loves to walk while pushing anything that moves around the house. SO funny! Reminds me of that ad on telly with the boy needing a swing to push his sister. Anyway... He is taking careful steps between DH and I. And to the furniture. Needs the encouragement still, but looks so grown up and steady when he does. He did a record 9 steps yesterday! He is eating like a trooper. Great chewer regardless of having only one little toothiepeg! I still dont get him eating all his dinner though. Still wants the bottle over it. But then he only has the bottle 2 times a day. He loves his car toys.. and makes the whole BRRRMMM sound with a raspberry sort of feel to it. SO CUTE!! Talking wise he seems content with sounds. He says Ta, Dada, Mama!!! nice and loud offcourse, and experiments with the letters allot. I guess that a quick update ...

Great to hear how all the little once are doing so well!!! Fantastic to read the updates. Exciting times indeed with the age they are all at now. And Christmas will be interesting to say the least. Is anyone "teaching" their little ones to unwrap? Josh will be spoilt rotten by his family.. but we all know the wrapping is the main fun!!!

I am planning Joshy's first birthday too. Only because its on a long weekend. Its just a little get together for family and friends. I bought a cheap second hand blow up kids castle .. perfect for this age. And have a bubble machine too. Im making the invites myself. Nothing too fancy. Then there is the cake too. Ive designed what I want. Just need to put it all together. Might practice the decorations first.. safe disasters later!

Ive been a slacker with personals since day dot. Sorry ladies. I love reading up on everyone and hearing about the latest adventures and milestones. Just have trouble with the commenting on it.

Anyway.
    We are now looking at having baby #2. Not stopping it from happening. But I know it will take a while .. so fingers crossed for a Birthday present for Josh that he will be a big brother next year.

Take care. Enjoy the silly season everyone.

queenbee Guest

Tascha, good to hear Josh is well. Madeleine also pushes everything around the place but isn't taking any steps yet, almost I think. I had to laugh when you wrote about dinner, Madeleine also prefers bottle over dinner. She takes a bottle 3 times a day at 260ml...just loves her milk. And I give her a dreamfeed too, sucks that back also!

Hi everyone

Everyone seems to be going well with their bubs, well I suppose we can finish calling them bubs soon hey. Time has just flown this year!

Bodie is now 11 months. Crawling and getting into everything, saying Mum-mum, Dadda, Nan-nan and Bub. So all is going great. He's not walking yet but walks along the lounge holding on of course. Loves his food and milk and is 10 kilo's.
    For his birthday we are having family & close friends around for a bbq and party food and for a swim in the pool if a nice day. So it's going to be 2 days after xmas so i'm sure he will be a very spoilt little man by the end of it!

Welcome Ashie! Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting for you all!

Welcome back Queenbee! Good to hear Madeleine is doing well. I had to laugh when you said she was pulling out all your washing... Bodie does the same thing! Will have to find another place for the laundry basket I think but in our house we don't have much storage space, damn it.

Tascha: Yay for Joshy taking his first steps! Oh the bubble machine and jumping castle sound like a great idea for his party. Have got my fingers crossed for a brother or sister for Josh, goodluck hun.

Maz: Wow, Mat is an excellent sleeper! What a champion!

I bet everyone can't wait for christmas this year! It's just going to get better every year as they grow up.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast