Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #2

hi girls

Kellee- a little quieter round your place then with Charlie away LOL Good you have your mum to lend a hand and that DH can take Charlie visiting too.

My back has been treated, I had cupping and massage and it will be sore for the next couple of days, he said it was very tight and to see how I go and if I am still sore to go back. MY upper back is where my stress goes I am sure of it, lus when the lap top is on my knee t is the benrt part of me lol. Won't tell arron that cos he will say I spend too muhc time on the puter lol

Jess put undies on all by herself and has been wearing them all morning with 4 trips to the toilet and no acidents, Am contemplating taking her tpo pick up Jemma witht the undies on.....see how we go.

I did groceries at 9am as Arron was here with Jess, only took 50 mins. Shopping alone is so quick and nice lol
    hope you are all having a great day

Hi girls, slack old me here again...I have been reading everyone's posts, but by the time I go to post myself, I have to go and deal with a child, so I never get a chance. So now I am going to attempt to speed-post!

Well, I am struggling here with the two of them atm...had a shocker on Monday where I cried and cried and thought "what have I done?", but been better since then. Freya is just so unsettled through the day, thank goodness for the sling, but there are times when I have to put her down so I can do things for Kaleb. Evenings are the worst, because DH doesn't get home till after 7pm, juggling the whole bath/feed/bed thing is hard. At least she's sleeping a bit longer at night now...she actually did 4 hours last night!

Kaleb has been pretty good...I appreciate him even more now, knowing that I would much rather do the troublesome toddler stage than deal with newborn crying/lack of sleep. Had his 18 mth CHN check-up...now 13.5kg and 89cm. I was suprised they actually tested him on things...he had to throw a ball, scribble with a pencil, stack 3 blocks etc. His speaking is really coming on, learns a new word or two every day now. I am worried about the amount of TV he is watching, but it is just too easy to stick a DVD on when I am feeding Freya...will work on that one later!

Michelle, what a clever girl Jess is! Have all your kids been different when it comes to TT? I wouldn't even know where to start, suppose I should do some reading into it. Hope your back starts to feel less sore. I would love a massage...I did it at college and because we used to practice on each other, I got used to having a few a week, but now I'm the only person I know who does it, and can't massage myself!

Hey Kellee, how's it going with your two? Sounds like you have it sussed...you will have to give me your secret, because I am all over the place. Kaleb has far too much energy, but it's so hard to take him out because he needs to be chased after and I have to abandon Freya in her pram. Great when DH is home to help.

Christy, sorry to hear about Matilda's head, poor munchkin, but glad it's on the mend!

Yikes, Kaleb is awake, better go, but will catch up again soon!

Hello Jo good to hear from you! Don't worry about being slack, we are all understanding I don't do personals that much... I hope no one holds it against me

Kellee we go to the Robertson Academy in Tingalpa, its straight off the Gateway Mtwy. Its mostly free play but there are 2 gym instructors (the owners actually) who stand around & help if you want & they run a bit of a class with stretches & some time doing tumbles etc which is great for the kids that want that (Matilda is highly against structure LOL). Its huge, one of the owners used to run the kindygym at the PCYC and since they have opened this academy they run it there & I have to say there is so much more stuff there. Balance beams, huge trampolines, Matilda was hanging off a bar & swinging & landing on a big foam mattress.... heaps of obstacle courses as well.

Hey Christy sounds just like our gymnastics. Jess has basically a free run, but Jemma's grp is a little more structured, they have some free time, a grp activity and then are sent to do a couple of acticities and then they finish with free time again
    MY girls LOVE it, it is great for their flexibility and also teaches things like balance but also turn taking too and they love the interaction too.

Jo- big hugs to you, it is very hard to co-ordinate 2 different ages, esp at the end of the day. Even now Jess is awful right on cooking dinner time, and without your DH there that is tough. I am lucky rtoo cos I have the bigger kids to help out, although every thing is Mumma do!!! ATM

In regard to tt, My first 2 I didn't even think of it until 2 and a half, just thought that was when I should do it. Jordan was fully trained in 2 wks in the day and night about a month after. Josh didn't want to tt at 2 and a half, so I stopped trying and 2 mths later he started creche and was trained within 2 wks also. Nights were not till after 3 as he still had a bottle until the day he turned 3. Jemma just decided for herself at 19mths to tt, I had brought Jess homefrom the hospital and Jemma would take her nappy off and run around with a bare bum all morning, and use the potty to start wityh, but then moved onto the toilet and was day trained by 22 mths. Can't quite remember how much longer for night training though, she just kept waking dry and so we got rid of the night nappy. Jess started too at 19mths, not by my suggestion mind you. Just started saying wees and so we put her on the toilet and she did a wee and then it went from there. Basically when I am at home I put little undies on and let her run around, ask her occasionally if she needs to go, but most times she comes and yells at me for wees LOL Poos is a little slower, she has done a few accidents in the last week but she got it right this arvo. I guess when they start to recognise they are wet or doing wees then you can let them have a go at a potty or toilet. My last 2 are definitely early tter's though. Really I don't think you need to worry yet, most kids are way over 2 bf they train.

well went out shopping again today, went to Target and only laybyed Jordans bday pre, an Ipod Nano with an acessory bundle worth $79 for $219 all up.
    almost got the fisher price ABC set but changed my mind at the last minute. Most of the stuff was still there, only a couple of things I wanted to look out were not, like the shopping trolley and cashregister set.

And I MUST stop putting things on top of my pram I feel so bad, I went into a cheap shop $2.00 deals or something, and got the girls a bottle of water ea, 80c ea, put them on top of the hood, then looked all round the shop and decided that there was noithing else I wanted, completely forgot about the drinks and left the shop. Got back to the car and realised, I wasn't going back though, coudn't walk back in there with them. So I have decided I will not put anyhting on there when I am in the shops again, see I did the same thing in Big w with sewing machine needles on Monday. I'll end up in jail for shop lifting .

Anyway i hope you all are having a great friday night, and a good weekend, we are all visiting a gf for her bday tomorrow night, just drinks. Should be fun.

Anyway see ya

Hello Lovely Ladies ...

So much for pestering you while I was on holidays ... the holidays are over and I am back to work on Monday and I have had no time to post! I have been busy planning and tidying my house (which still looks like a bomb has ripped through it).

Em & Jack are back from their Dad's today so it will be full on again from about 11.30!!! I have to go and pick them up from football so had better get my skates on I guess.

Cheers

Hey there Everybody! I too have been another slacker and not posting, but yes, I do read up on everyone.

Paige is coming along in leaps and bounds with her talking now. I can't get over how only about 8 weeks ago she was only saying 2-3 words and now it is just amazing. Although ATM, for about the last two weeks she has been waking up through the night up to 3 times. She will settle straight away and go back to sleep, but we can't work out why she is waking up. We thought she might be cold, but that wasn't it, then thirsty, but we can't figure it out. I know it pales in comparison to what some of you have gone though, but it is bugging me as to why she is doing it.

I went into Target yesterday and got some stuff for Christmas too because I like to have it all out of the way by October, because by November we are just flat out on the farm and there is no time for shopping. THings don't ease up around here until the middle of December, plus I like to be able to say to DH, "Look, this is what I have got the kids" because he hates Christmas with a passion and I don't like stressing him about it.

I got more for the older 2 and only got Paige a Pooh Bear musical player & book set. Erin got a princess one last year and Paige loves the little player, so I got her the pooh one. Not sure what else to get her though. It is hard when the other two already have so much.

so good to see some of you who have beend MIA!!!

Kelly- I found that school hols was way busier than when the ids were at school too, hope fully you can find some time to post during the term lol.

Sherie- yay for the tt going so well, and also good on you for getting your xmas shopping done. IWYM about the others having heaps of stuff mine are the same, esp since Jordan was an only child for 5 yrs and so both sets of grandparents spoilt her rotton, as did we. Some things I decided they had to have of their own , like dolls prams, dolls houses and dolls. Barbies too are one child things lol, I have packed jordans stuff away so that she can take them with her when she boots off from home and give them to her kids to play with. We have loads of little people and though most are Josh's, Jem got a little it and Jess prob will too, and I think I will keep them here, for my grandkids lol. What sort of farming do you do? What is it aobut xmas that your DH doens;t like?

Theresa- happy late bday to Em!!! Hope the trip to Brisbane isn't too stressful for poor em, she is sure not to like the tube, poor bubba!!! Are you all going to Bris to stay? Yay too at the tt!!! Must be in the air, Em, Jess and Paige all tt atm.

Arron is working, so we all had to go to Netball this morning where Josh proceeded to misbehave, it is so draining to have to tell him off every second. We went to Mum and Dads for lunch and just got home. Jess is sleeping, Jem has cleaned her room and is ready for a donut, and Josh and Jordan are't egtting one until their rooms are clean. We will be leaving to go out after tea, and will try not to get home too late, as Auskick is in the morninhg. I am going to put the sewing machine on in a minute and do something lol. I have made a personalised tooth fairy cushion, one for boys and one for girls and am going to put them on ebay to sell. They are very cute.
    Anyway have a great day

spiddles Guest

YAY!!! I found my way back!!

Is good to see so many familiar faces...am glad that everyone is doing well!! Liam has turned into a fussy eater too. I do the same as you Christy. He seems to eat for Dad though but never for me GRRRR!!! and then I usually cave in when he goes to the pantry and gets chips out (he knows I am a push over I gotta be more harsh) He is good though when he finishes he puts the plate in the sink but still has a bottle at night when goes to bed. Doesn't have any during the day just drinks from a cup.

Is everyone Else's babies still on bottles or have you managed to ween?? I'm not quite sure where to start. Managed to move him into a bed a few months ago. Was frightened that he would sleepwalk *lol* Has a double bed all to himself and manages to get out by himself in the morning goes out the the lounge turns the TV and watches Mel and Koshi *lol* Wanted to make sure he was use to it before number 2 come.

Liam was getting good at the potty until winter hit have decided to tray again when spring comes. Is soOoOooOoO cold!!!

Look forward to chatting again soon!!

Hi Spiddles, Paige still has a bottle too, but only for sleep, so three times a day - morning (when she wakes up), after lunch for her afternoon sleep and bedtime. I'm not terribly worried about her having them still.

Michelle, we are grain and sheep farmers and during Nov-Dec we are harvesting all our crops. Sometimes it can last up to the middle of December in a good year. DH hates Christmas because it is all so commercial. he enjoys the day with family and the big dinner and stuff, but hates all the extravagance and thinks overall it is a huge waste of money.

Kellee Guest

Jo dont worry too much about the TV thing. Ive been letting Charlie watch far too much telly lately too, but once we get a handle on this having two thing Im sure well be able to cut that back. Dont think Ive got it sussed either its all a faade, mainly for myself than anyone else! It must be hard when DH gets home so late. I reckon thats the hardest part of the day. Dont worry, this phase will be over all too quickly. If you want to meet up with the kids at a park one day, PM me. Its nice that weve got two around the same age. Sounds like Kaleb is doing well.

Mitch lol at putting things on top of the pram! I have done that once before in Coles and I had such a guilty conscience that I went back and paid for it. What a dork. Hope you have a fun night tonight with your gf.

Kelly re: the state of your house I heard once somewhere that trying to clean when youve got kids is like trying to shovel your footpath while its still snowing. We all understand!

Sherie sounds like Paige is turning into a chatterbox! Cant wait until Charlie does that. Re: waking up do you think she could be having bad dreams? My mum told me that I had night terrors for a few months when I was around this age and I would wake up screaming (Charlie has done it a few times and its terrible hes insonsolable). Hope its a short lived phase, whatever it is.

Theresa hope that Emma has a lovely party. The poor little thing with her tummy. I hope the appt goes well next week. And it sounds like shes going great guns with tt and all on her own too! What a clever little thing.

Spiddles long time not see! Hope that Liam is doing well.

Not much to report here. We were supposed to go to the Roma St Parklands today for a family reunion but it got rained out so we went to MILs instead. Was quite nice and she didnt do anything to offend me re: Charlie too, which was nice. Trying to take it easy this week as its DHs last week of holidays but as usual weve planned too much. Charlie has been a bit difficult with his day sleeps for the last few days, not sure why. Hes tired but he just seems to play up and run around in his room. I just did a SuperNanny on his arse and went in there, picked him up without looking at him and plonked him in bed a couple of times this afternoon and it seemed to work, so hopefully this stage doesnt last long! Anyway, I hear a very small boy with tummy trouble so Id better go. Hope youre all having a lovely weekend.

Not sure what it is Kellee, but when she wakes up she is fine - she isn't crying or upset, she's just awake for some reason. Last night we even kept her up till 9 hoping that she'd be so tired she'd sleep right through, but no joy - she got up twice and is now really tired and cranky because she didn't have her sleep today. So I hope that might sort things out tonight.

Asha hasn't had a sleep today ... and she is very quiet so I have to go and make sure she is awake. Just wanted to say Hi ... I was going to post again to make up for my quietness! LOL

Cheers

Hi girls!! Great to see familiar faces in here

Sherie, Matilda has just started sleeping again... don't know what changed but we went through around 2-3 tough weeks there where it would take her over an hour to get to sleep for naps & bedtime & then would wake up in the night. We haven't changed anything so no ideas there LOL

Spiddles, Matilda still has a bottle at night & a cup of milk before nap time. I'm not too worried about it either.

Opps better run DH just came in the door with food Will catch up more later!

Michelle - that sounds so cool re. the tt! Wish Wolf was somewhat closer to tt but I guess not... boys do take longer or so they say, hey? He always pees in the bathtub (thankfully I have stopped bathing with him and bath with Zara now and then he gets in on his own and splashes about). Everytime he tinkles in the tub I tell him that he shouldn't pee in the tub and ask him where he should pee and he does say "toilet" but never does it.. hmmmmmz.. I think he just doesn't know it is going to come. He is a bit like a dog... he pees constantly... I had him running around naked in the garden at my mom's place when we were there and I swear he peed 5 times in 1 hour!
    Lol on the "shoplifting"
    worst thing I have done is that I put my wallet there and folded up the hood so didn't see it anymore (seemed like a good place at the time). LEft the pram OUTSIDE over night! Frantically looked for my wallet the next morning ... then realised where I had put it. Thankfully it was still there .. but how retarded of me to leave it there!!!

Jo - it's funny but I felt quite the contrary. I thought a newborn was so much less work / easier to handle than a 15 month old... lol I can imagine you must be exhausted. I do treasure our nanny. The 3 hours on my own before she arrives and the 2 hours in the evening on my own are enough of sole parenting for me... I have never showered before the nanny arrives, cause what do you do with the 2 while you're in the shower? I used to take Wolf in the bathroom with me but can't take both in the bathroom with me as a) it's too small and b) Wolf would probably step on Zara / groom her with the toilet brush, If I just take Zara, Wolf chucks a hissy and if I just take Wolf, Zara screams (in fact, she screams everytime she is left on her own - that girl needs a lot of attention). I can't leave both of them in the room as Wolf can climb into her cot (and frequently does when I'm not looking) and even though he is quite good, I would never want to leave the two on their own as he might just think it's funny to bite her and make her cry. Small logistical things like that, hey...

Speaking of my attention hawk - someone apparently needs some TLC
    Gotta go!

Snowy

LOL Snowy I have a hard enough time showering with one! Hehehehe... just that Matilda loves to jump off things, can now unlock doors with keys etc... unless she's in the shower with me, I don't get one until she is asleep or unless I get up in the morning before her.

That reminds me! Matilda has always loved her baths, but for the last week has screamed the house down even thinking about baths & has been begging for showers! I don't know why or what has happened... .maybe she just likes being with us, even though we sit next to the bath & play with her.

hi girls
    no time to post gotta take the kids to school, will be back soon

What a morning. I've just managed to sit in front of the computer and have a quick catch up on what everyone is up to.

Sherie - Mackenzie is waking up too - she is much better now she is in a bed but still wakes every night - I don't know why either. My SIL woke every night until she was 10 so I hope she hasn't inherited that gene!

Well this morning Miss M came walking into me while I was hanging some clothes on the clothes horse with no nappy on and saying poos. I had visions of poo everywhere but luckly it was contained in the nappy and just a few marks on her legs when she pulled it off. She wanted to then put the poo in the toilet but I stopped it there! I then put knickers on her and she stayed dry and FINALLY did a wee after lunch in the toilet. YAY - i had a tear, my little girl is growing up so fast. We have been trying to toilet train for a few weeks, we are on the toilet a few times a day but never get any progress but she's happy to sit so we just continue and today it may have just clicked - we will see. Anyway after that Mackenzie wanted to do some drawing so gave her the paper and crayons, walked away for 2 minutes came back and she's drawing all over the couch in red crayon! Luckly that came off so we survive to live another day there and then I do a load of washing and the machine leaks wetting all the cupboards and mat near the back door. AHHHHHH. Anyway, everything is very calm at the moment so we will see how this arvo goes!

Theresa - I'm so vague, I've just put 2 and 2 together and realise that it is your post I'm watching to see how Em goes with her gastroenterologist visit. Good luck.

Must run I need to get thru another 10 pages of BB forums before Miss M wakes.

Nikki

Just a quick one to say Michelle (Mooshie) - am thinking of you today. Sending you a {{{{{{big hug}}}}}}! It doesn't get easier, does it?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast