Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #2

sorry ive been slack again - have been reading what everyone is up to but when its time to reply eliana is getting into something she shouldnt!! so will try & get online more when she is asleep

not alot happening here - eliana is talking alot more & certainly knows what she wants now - we are going to underwaterworld tomorrow - im taking my niece for her 4th birthday along with my 17month old nephew so it will be interesting with the two littlies then she is having a party at maza mania (an indoor play centre)

a question on those who have TT experience - im preparing myself for when eliana is more interested & want to know a few things - firstly a potty or straight on the big toilet & secondly did you use pull-ups or normal undies or those thick absorbant undies?

hope everyone has had a great day & sending more hugs to mooshie

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

yes i have been so slack and i guess the reason for that is there really isn't much happening around here in the world of little miss lani - other than just the normal day to day cuteness and naughtiness lmao.

thanks everyone for your thoughts today it really means something, can you believe no one from my dh side of the family have contacted us or anything, tell you he sooooooooooo ****ed off with the lot of them. my mum had us around for dinner last night and she gave us a lovely present with black and white photoes of myself, jessica, lani and my mum all taken around the age of 18mths it was so lovely and unexpected. i don't expect anything of course but gees a little respect and acknowledgement from the outlaws would be nice.

anyway enough about that.

mel with respect of tt, personally i hate potties, but i guess i am a snob lol. no it really urkes me when i see people carting potties around with them to the shops etc and i will always remember the new next door neighbours twin boys sitting in the back of their station wagon both having a crap in their potties with the tail gate up, whilst there house is being built lol. my theory on potties also is you have to get them on the big toilet eventually, i have a seat with 2 steps and handles which worked well for jessica, not so good with jay cause i didn't realise his tt problem (he was 3 1/2 yrs old by the time we had it all figured) i was getting him to sit down whereas he wanted to stand and wee just like dad, so he just wouldn't wee whilst sitting lol, when we all finally figured it out all was good.

also if you can try and stay out of pullups just another money making grab from the nappy companies. i did use them at night for ds till he was nighttrained cause there was no way he wanted to wear a nappy. anyway i find the best thing is to have a week or so with nothing planned and try and stay home or close to home to get the tt down pat if possible. i did my shopping on line etc for a while and did short trips to the park or a friends house, but stayed away from shops in fear of a big puddle being left for everyone to slip in lol. i also think once in knickers always in knickers when they get the hang of it no going back iykwim. i tried jay when he was 3 but it just wasn't working so i put nappies back on and when he was around 3 1/2 it just all worked. lani has done a few wees on the toilet but i am not really toilet training her atm, i just take her for a wee before her bath just to get her aware of it all. i guess i am being lazy tho, cause really for the first few months it can be such a chore going to check out every public toilet wherever you go, my ds was facinated by different toilets and whilst the novelty was there, he was always needing to go to the loo (even for just a trickle) just so he could check out the toilets, weird child and not good for a mummy who has a public toilet phobia pmsl, i carry that alchohol hand gel with me everywhere i go to clean the kids hands lol.

anyway hi to you all, hope all the kiddies are doing well and those with big bellies growing little bundles hope your pregnancies are treating you well. we are still going on the ttc front 12mths done how many to go???????? who knows i reckon when i do get 2 lines on a hpt i will faint with shock.

have a good nighyt

thanks mooshie for all the advice - i too dont like potties cause i remember seeing one full of wee sitting around when i went babysitting & its put me off them but i thought if it was easier id give it a go - i was shocked at how much pull ups were so that's why i asked about undies - will have to go buy some but they'll probably just fall off skinny minnie

the photo thing you got sounds lovely - how rude of the outlaws!! fingers crossed you get those 2 lines but make sure you lie down cause fainting while standing can be harmful

Theresa what time is your appt? Maybe we could meet up for arvo tea or something if you are still in town?

Next time would be great . Or in December, by then I'll have my second little girl too!

ETA... Well girls I went to kindygym again today & I must say it is amazing for Matilda. We got there early but that meant more running around time for Matilda on her own. She jumped & played and went absolutely beserk today. Then afterwards she had a massive tantrum leaving, which everyone laughed at! But when we got home just after 11, I told her we would have lunch & then she would have a nap. When we got in the house she ran straight to her bed, climbed in a yelled "bottle, night night" I thought she was joking so I said it was time for lunch first & she started screaming & crying so I brought in a bottle & she went straight to sleep. She slept for 3 hours! For those of you who don't know, we have been battling with sleep since Matilda was born, this is the first time she's even indicated that she wanted bed. and then actually slept... for HOURS. I played on BB for an hour, had a shower & then popped my feet up & read half a book. I'm thinking of investing in this gym business

Way to go Matilda!!! That must of been great for your sanity Christy LOL.

Michelle, your Mum's gift was a lovely gesture. She obviously put a lot of thought into it.

Paige has crossed the final fronteer - she was worked out how to open the fridge! Now there is nothing I can keep her out of. Although I am surprised it took her this long because the other two could open it way before they were this age. She only started yesterday after we got home with the shopping. I came inside and the fridge was open and she was in it and I asked her who opened it for her and the said "Me" and I though "uh-oh" LOL.

Kellee Guest

Hey all,

Mooshie – I was thinking about you on Monday. I hope that the day wasn’t too bad for you, but I’m imagining that there’s nothing anyone can say or do to make it any easier. What a lovely idea your mum had for a gift. Bugger the in laws. What is wrong with them?!

Theresa – hope the appt went well… and btw, what a cute pic of Georgie!

Mel – hope you had a nice day at Underwater World! Bet Eliana loved the big glass tunnel thing.

Snowy – I’m the same, I reckon that Toby is much less work that Charlie. It feels like a little holiday when Charlie goes to Mum’s for the night… is that wrong?!

Christy – Charlie went through a phase about 6 months ago where he suddenly hated the bath. Would one of you feel ok getting in with her? I know it’s hard, but she’ll get through it – I never thought Charlie would grow out of it but he did. And you have sold me on the kindygym thing… anything that would make Charlie look forward to going to sleep would be a bonus! Three hours! Wow.

Nikbrad – go Mackenzie! What a big girl with her tt. Thank goodness the crayon came out of the couch! I would have freaked, I think.

Paige – bugger the fridge! Mine has a child lock on it, but it doesn’t seem to work. Just waiting for the day Charlie figures out how to open it on his own. How did Paige’s sleep go?

Well the countdown is now on until DH goes back to work. We’ll really miss him around here, I can tell you! My main concern is how I’ll get both the kids down for a sleep at the same time – Toby seems to want to go down just after lunch at exactly the same time as Charlie, so that will be interesting on my own! I’m sure I’ll be fine – I think it’s the lack of social contact I will miss most. I’m taking the plunge and going to a playgroup next week that another BBer recommended to me, although I saw when I walked past it today that it’s actually at an AOG church, so I’m a bit worried about that one but we’ll see.

Charlie has been really funny about his afternoon sleep lately. He used to be so good – after we take his toys out he used to just be happy to go to sleep after his story, but now he runs around the room like a maniac for a while. He was jumping on the bed this afternoon and everytime DH went out of the room after telling him off he just got back on there again. He only settled down after he fell off the bed and I went in and told him enough was enough. I think the only reason he fell asleep was because he was tired from crying because it hurt! I hope this doesn’t continue – any ideas? We’ve tried both ignoring it and hoping he goes to sleep on his own eventually and going in and telling him to stay in bed, both with only moderate success. It’s not too bad now, but it will probably drive me mad next week!

Anyway, better go and save my brownies – I have a rehearsal here on Friday and I always have to play the perfect hostess. Fun, but it makes me very tired. Hope you’re all well.

Erin Guest

hi everyone!
    Just thought id introduce myself! My name is Erin and im a mum of a 19 month old son, Daniel. Im 24 weeks pregnant, due on the 11th november.
    hope to chat with you all soon!

Kellee Guest

Hello Erin! Lovely to have you with us. Congrats on the pregnancy - do you visit the Belly Buddies section too? Where are you from? Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Erin Guest

Hi Kellee!
    I just went to the Belly Buddies section~ thanks!
    Im from Brisbane also!!

Kellee... the play group we used to go to was at the church as well, it wasn't really like anything about the church was pushed though.... but I guess it can differ with the different groups of people too.

I'll PM you the link to the kindergym... I know its a bit far probably for you, but may give you an idea on what to look for.... PCYC's also run some kindygym's as well.

yay on Matilda's sleep Christy!!!! Her and Jessica sound so alike justfull of beans and maybe you should buy the equipment, imagin that everyday lol. How much does it cost each session. Ours is $8 a session plus you pay rego of $35 for the year and a $10 fee for cleaning

Welcome Erin, look forward to getting to know you better

Theresa hope the appt went well and you had a nice arvo with your friend

Mooshie- I want to give you the biggest cyber hug, bugger those IL's and the pressie from your mum sounds lovely.

Kellee- I too think newborns are a little easier to control, excpet if they don;t sleep. Poor DS having to go back to work. You know you'll be ok but itwill be sad too. Have fun at playgroup. Hope Charlie works out his sleeping.

Mel -tt is such fun lol I used a potty just at the start with Jemma cos she was only 19mths, but she soon wanted to use the toilet/ I think jess has done one wee on the potty she loves the toilet. It is hard for her as she is little I was thinking of buying the step too. I too don't like the price of pullups and just put undies on, I found if mine think they have a nappy on then they will wee and pullups are like a nappy. When they realised that the wee would run down their leg they made sure they went to the toilet lol

sorry if I missed someone have gone back as far as I can
    Jordan is going to the gold coast at 6am with MIL to visit her brother, all the kids went to bed and the house is quiet. Arron is at TAFE and should be home soon. so gives me time to get on here and catch up.

I am going to the melb craft fair tomorrow should be good shame I don't have any money lol Mum wanted to go so she said she will pay for me to get in and we will only have Jess as jemma has kinder and is going to play at her friends afterwards.
    hope you all have a good day

Someone please stop the world .... I wanna get off for a while!

Cheers

Is everything okay, Kelly?

we're not really toilet training, but Wolf peed in the toilet yesterday. Woohoo!!

It was almost bath time and I couldn't be bothered putting another nappy on for half an hour (but he had pooed... so it had to come off). I asked him if he wanted to go with or without and he said without. Told him he couldnt pee on the carpet but would have to tell me if he had to pee. Sure enough he did 5 mins later. Thought he was just repeating what i Had said, but no - to my surprise he did a little wee!!

I am actually more excited about the fact that he let me put him on the toilet without kickung up a fuss (as he used to).

He said "pee" again today when we were done with parent/kid swim at the gym but he did not pee when I put him on the toilet (but again, he was happy for me to put him on the seat)

Michelle/Mooshien - what a lovely present from your mom. Arrrg on the inlaws... how inconsiderate... did DH tell them how hurt he is? My inlaws didn't call on Wolf's first birthday last year. I was very upset. And then the next day when MIL called, she just talked and talked about SIL and did not even ask how Wolf's birthday went or wish a belated happy birthday. DH called afterwards and had a go at her - needless to say MIL cried and said that that was the reason she had called and it just slipped her mind (she had japped on to me for 50 mins about SIL... hmmm)... ANYWAY, cutting a long story short: They supposedly HAD thought of Wolf on the day but thought we would be out or whatever ... they all felt really bad... so... just trying to say.. maybe they did think of Jessica but didn't know whether it was appropriate to call or something.. OR maybe not... who knows... but DH should probably tell them.

Christy - rotfl ... wow - Wolf has never asked to sleep yet... but when knackered will go down for his nap without any fuss (chasing them around is really great, isn't it)

Hi Erin! Welcome to the grouP!

Kellee - IKWYM re. lack of social contact. I'm already signing me and the kids up for all sorts of activities in Switzerland (fingers crossed we are really moving)

I better get some sleep. We had a shocking night. It's so hot here in Europe at the momenet and Wolf and Zara don't sleep well.

Snowy

we're not really toilet training, but Wolf peed in the toilet yesterday. Woohoo!!

It was almost bath time and I couldn't be bothered putting another nappy on for half an hour (but he had pooed... so it had to come off). I asked him if he wanted to go with or without and he said without. Told him he couldnt pee on the carpet but would have to tell me if he had to pee. Sure enough he did 5 mins later. Thought he was just repeating what i Had said, but no - to my surprise he did a little wee!!

I am actually more excited about the fact that he let me put him on the toilet without kickung up a fuss (as he used to).

He said "pee" again today when we were done with parent/kid swim at the gym but he did not pee when I put him on the toilet (but again, he was happy for me to put him on the seat)

Michelle/Mooshien - what a lovely present from your mom. Arrrg on the inlaws... how inconsiderate... did DH tell them how hurt he is? My inlaws didn't call on Wolf's first birthday last year. I was very upset. And then the next day when MIL called, she just talked and talked about SIL and did not even ask how Wolf's birthday went or wish a belated happy birthday. DH called afterwards and had a go at her - needless to say MIL cried and said that that was the reason she had called and it just slipped her mind (she had japped on to me for 50 mins about SIL... hmmm)... ANYWAY, cutting a long story short: They supposedly HAD thought of Wolf on the day but thought we would be out or whatever ... they all felt really bad... so... just trying to say.. maybe they did think of Jessica but didn't know whether it was appropriate to call or something.. OR maybe not... who knows... but DH should probably tell them.

Christy - rotfl ... wow - Wolf has never asked to sleep yet... but when knackered will go down for his nap without any fuss (chasing them around is really great, isn't it)

Hi Erin! Welcome to the grouP!

Kellee - IKWYM re. lack of social contact. I'm already signing me and the kids up for all sorts of activities in Switzerland (fingers crossed we are really moving)

I better get some sleep. We had a shocking night. It's so hot here in Europe at the momenet and Wolf and Zara don't sleep well.

Snowy

Yep Snowy ... everything is good ... just too busy for my liking right now. I need sleep which is becoming a rare commodity in this house at the moment!

Off to work we go ...

Cheers

i was going to try & cover everyone but there are wayyyyyyy too many posts! i have read everything so i know that you are all well & of course busy with your precious little ones - i will try & post more often just never have anything much exciting happening here!

we did have a great time at underwaterworld though trying to control 4 kids was a nightmare as it was busy - maza mania was fantastic - i had never taken eliana there before & she had a blast especially in the ball pit so my neice liberty had a great 4th birthday - eliana didnt have a sleep all day so was buggered when we got home at 6pm & so was i - my mum came over yesterday so i could vacuum - eliana screams when i turn it on & ive tried everything to show her it is ok - have to go shopping tomorrow to get exdp a birthday present though have no idea what to buy - my mum & grandma are coming too so it will be a good girls day out

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast