Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #2

She hasn't fallen out of it and you've not known about it has she? Or have you moved her bed at all? If you haven't, maybe you could try moving her bed or something. I'm at a loss as to why she would be scared of it.

As for TT, when Paige is undressed for a bath, we put her on the toilet and ask her to try and you can feel her clenching her body as if she is trying, but no joy so far. Lately she has been wanting to wear her 'gickers' (knickers) but when she wants to do a wee or a poo, she will take then off and go and get a nappy and do it in there. Which is a start I suppose. In a way I am not sure if I'm ready for my baby to be so grown up though *sigh*.

I was thinking about that Sherie this arvo, and I moved her cot mattress out from next to her bed because she hasn't fallen out of it, maybe that was all it took. Needless to say its back in the room now so hopefully that will help. She still won't go near her bed though even in play... and she usually loves her bed so much.

Could be just as simple as a security thing IYKWIM? I really hope it helpd tonight because you really need some sleep by the sound of it.

Oh that's so cute how Matilda ran to the loo! And wow on managing to finish it on the toilet! Awesome effort.
    Well, we've had no more wees in the toilet, just the bath tub... oh well... he is just 20 months, so ...

This morning Zara puked and Wolf got up and ran to the changing area and brought me the nappy wipes! I didn't even ask for them. What a good boy! I commented on how good a boy he was being and he went "Chocolate!" (as he knows he gets some choccie when he's a good boy ... sometimes at least). I had to laugh so hard (and yes he did get 2 pieces of chocolate)

re. the bed question... hmmmmmmm that's weird... all her security items (blanket/toys/teddy) are there? I hope it's just a phase and she will like going to bed again soon;.

Hey, when did everyone switch their kids to big-girl/boy beds? Wolf is still in the cot and I was thinking of leaving him in there for a while. You can take off one side and once I feel comfortable that he will stay in there, I think I will do that.
    Is your big girl/boy bed a full adult size bed or is it a special kid's bed?

Snowy

HI everyone ... life is still hectic here! No surprises I guess with 3 kids!

Emma was home sick today ... she has an ear infection and now Jack is saying his throat is sore. Hmmm Asha seems to be ok but I will wait it is bound to strike soon!

Sadly I think my time online will be reduced even more now as I have realised that I spend too much time on the computer and not enough time with my kids or doing the everyday household things that need to be done of an evening because I am at work all day. I am at the moment trying to get my house organsied so that I don't have to do a lot each night. Once I get it clean it shouldn't take too much to keep it that way. I have to be disciplined and really make an effort for me and my family. It is difficult at the moment with Ryans job and Uni for us to have time together and at present we spend time sitting next to each other on the computers and no where near enough time talking. We really need to fix that as I think if we don't that things could go really pear shaped.

I will come and visit but my posts will be limited. I hope you all understand that I need to do this to make me feel like I have some control over my life again because at the moment I feel like I am watching my whole life just slip by and I missing out on important things.

So this is not goodbye but mearly a see you soon message.

Christy - I just read your post in the parent de-brief and I haev to say that I think Asha and Matilda would get along famously! They sound so alike and while we don't seem to have the tantrums that you and Pete do in your house, we certainly have a strong willed daughter who only wants to do things her way ... I, actually we, need to get on top of it now before it becomes something that we can not change! Hugs to you and Pete ... you are both awesome parents who are doing the very best that you can given the circumstances. I wish only the best for you all ... I can't wait to hear about the arrival of your new princess! I was kind of hoping that we would be there again about now too but I honestly don't think there will be anymore kids for this house ... I can't be a good enough Mum for the ones I have now.

To the rest of you ... keep doing what you are doing ... you are all great parents who do the VERY best that you can for your kids. Sadly I don't feel that about myself right now.

Hugs to you all ... I will "see" you again soon ...

And always remember ...

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel!
    Bonnie Jean Wasmund

Cheers

Oh Kelly- I hope you find the time you need , and please don't say you aren't a good mum, cos just like the rest of us you are working hard to give your family what they need, we all neglect things sometimes. Your kids love you and you love them, hang in there, things will settle down. I think you are doing an amazing job working FT and with the 3 kids. I stopped working when I had no.3 cos it was too hard!!! Anyway I hope you can pop in occasionally, we look forward to hearing how things are and good luck with everything.

Snowgirl- Jess will be 2 in Sept and I am in no hurry to get her into a bed. I think it is a personal choice, but I know that she will be out every 5 seconds so she will stay in her cot, she climbs out anyway lol but when sheis put to bed stays there at night, so no need to make a change. I always put mne into a big bed straight off and if I was worried about falling out I brought a safety rail.

Gym today so gotta go, be back later maybe

Kelly, of course we understand. I have had to taken time away from the computer heaps in the last few months to just focus on Matilda. I had a rule that I wasn't allowed on the computer unless Matilda was asleep. It HAD to be that way because life wasn't working otherwise. You have been such a help to me over the years, you always have good ideas & plans that help me. *hugs*

Snowy - Matilda went into her big girl bed at 16 months because she would make a game of climbing in & out of her cot & it was scary watching her land on her head... otherwise I would have left her in there as long as possible. I think leaving them where they feel safe is a great idea. She is in an IKEA jnr bed with a rail on it, so its heaps smaller than a single bed & we only got that one because she was so small when she went into the bed.

Matilda is still petrified of the bed, the cot mattress worked for one night & then she won't settle on that either now. She sleeps on the floor atm and wakes up every 1-2 hours screaming. We go in & give her a cuddle & try to get her back to sleep but it takes around an hour to do, so we are pretty exhausted...its like having a newborn to breastfeed every 2 hours in the middle of the night, except I'm pregnant as well.

hey Kelly, don't be like that. We all have weeks where we are more interested in things other than housework and stuff. You are not a bad Mum at all, so please don't think that you are. I wish I had some better words to make you feel better Kelly, but right now I'll just send you a great big *hug*

Paige has decided to step things up a notch. Now she doesn't want to be by herself in her bed. She is happy to have me in with her, but as soon as I get out she is awake and wants to come to bed with me. In the end last night I put her into bed and told her that no she had to stay in her bed and she couldn't sleep with Mum. She got upset and dropped the bottom lip and started to cry, but she closed her eyes and I told her I'd see her in the morning and I went to bed and I didn't hear another peep out of her all night. I feel bad for being a bit tough on her, but these days I'd do just about anything to get a solids nights sleep.

*snap* Christy, we posted together. you know, last night when I was up with Paige, I seriously considered ringing you and asking how you were going LOL. I think about you everytime I get up and know that you're probably doing the same thing *sigh*

Sherie thats just it, you wind up trying everything in hope that you can get some sleep. They are around the same age so maybe its some developmental thing only a few go through at this age (live in hope heh?). I spoke with someone on the child youth health helpline last night at 2am needing to be calmed down because I was so tired & upset and just couldn't figure out what was wrong. Of course their main advice is to shut the door & let her scream.... I just can't do that emotionally right now either. Its hard finding a gentle way that will help them settle that is good for the whole family. Matilda won't let us even sleep in her bed atm, so no ideas here.

Kellee Guest

Hello all,

I know it’s been a while, sorry, but it’s been a bit chaotic around here. I will try and catch up on as many posts as I can before the boys want to play…

Mooshie – I am really sorry that you’re having some problems with the outlaws. One of the pitfalls of being married/partnered I guess. Just try and be thankful that you’ve got a gorgeous family and try to ignore them – it’s their stuff, not yours. You rock. So there.

Kelly and Snowy – I hear you on the sleep! Hopefully the sleeping fairy visits all of our houses soon!

Christy – I hear you on the rain. I know that we need it and all, but couldn’t Mother Nature think of us mothers trying to entertain bored kids at home? They just go feral, don’t they? PJs are very under-rated in the world of fashion, don’t worry. Thanks for the tips on the door too – we did end up putting a lock on it, which makes me feel like a rotten mum, but it’s working. Once he realises that he’s not allowed out, and I go in and give him a quick hug to reassure him he goes to sleep fine. I figure that it’s a good idea from a safety POV too, because I don’t want him running around unsupervised when we’re still in bed asleep in the morning if he gets up before us. Not sure how to help you about the bed situation – they do go through some funny stages, don’t they? Hope you find a solution.

Kelly – we perfectly understand! Life can be busy at the best of times when you’ve got kids, and when you’ve got even more stuff on it can just be too much. We can’t wait to see you back here again soon.

Sherie – good on you for being strong re: the bed thing. It would have been tough for both of you, but it sounds like it did the trick.

Tegan – how exciting about the wedding! Have you got everything organised? What music are you having? I always have to ask!

I’m very sorry to anyone I missed – there were so many posts to catch up on!

Well, a fellow BBer recommended a playgroup near here and I went in to have a look today – looks like fun! We’re going to go along tomorrow. I think that Charlie will have a great time. I hope he’ ok with the other kids though because he doesn’t ever have other kids around and he’s a bit shy and funny about them. We’ll see how it goes. Will be nice to have a few more things to do in my week too – gets a bit lonely around here sometimes.

Anyway, better go and check on the little one and play with the big one. Hope you’re all well.

Hi everyone!

Sorry for being MIA for so long, found out a few weeks ago that we are expecting #2 (woo hoo!) and most of my time is spent sleeping/feeling sick/enjoying Aidan at this wonderful age or day to day chores!

DH and I are having a ball with Aidan. It seems to be a great age where he wants to, and is learning so much. Lots of words (I love how he says please - "peeeeease"!) and guess what, he has been gastro/cold/etc free for 4 weeks!. Besides today when he decided not to sleep, (he did have a very long night sleep) he has been in a good routine of bed around 7:30pm, up around 7:30am/8:00am and back down for a nap at 12:30/1:00pm for a few hours. It works well for both of us!

Kellee, Aidan too is quite shy. I didnt let go of my Mum's leg until Prep so maybe Aidan will be the same?! I really hope not as around people he knows well he has a very funny and happy personality. We have joined a playgroup and the first 2 weeks he was very clingy but today was the first day he wasn't so bad, so I think it is really helping! Hope Charlie enjoys it.

Christy, sorry to hear Matilda isn't bonding with bed, I wish I had great words of wisdom but I can only tell you that I am stressing a bit about putting Aidan into a bed at the end of the year!

Hi to everyone and hope all babies are thriving!

Congrats Jessica, such wonderful news for you and so glad things are so cool with Aidan at home.

Christy hugs to you hope things settle down soon woith Matilda. Hang in there!

Kellee- Jemma was like that when we started gymnastics but now it is the 2nd term and she is saying helo to the instructors and letting them help her. Some kids are just slower to warm up than others. Jessica is not worried at all, and will talkto most people

Sherie glad you got Paige off to sleep, unfortunately you do sometimes have to do what seems mean but it is no biggie in the scheme of life. I never remember my parents being mean by telling me to stay in bed lol

well I know I missed someone but I am very tired.

It was gymnastics day so I am always tired then. Arron worked in Echuca today and didn't get home till very late, Jordan is back from QLD and got to be at the Big brotherfinal eviction last night so she was rapt, almost got t touch DIno lol, Josh has his first 2 big teeth pushing up behind the baby ones, so 1 tooth is a lot wobbly and 1 is a little bit wobbly. Jemma has been sent to bed tonight without her lamp cos she is staying awake when she is sent to bed,like last night she changed her pjs, read books, played barbies and generally mucked around, so I turned the lamp off and left the light on poutside. She came out about 5 times and now all is quiet, am hoping she is sleeping now. I am going to hit the sack vey early tonight cos my eyes are blurry lol, might eed glasses too lol

have a nice day tomorrow everyone

Well I tried to hang in there but I had a mummy melt down in public yesterday. I can laugh about it today, but it was a pretty bad day, full on tantrums all day & then I lost it when she threw a night light I was going to buy special for her, I made a big deal about it and she seemed so happy and then when I wouldn't let her climb around in the trolley she threw it & broke it. I wound up in tears in the middle of Woollies... think I'll do the shopping somewhere else for a few weeks .

Oh Christy any mum watching would surely have full sympathy, big huge hugs to you darling, I know how you feel, I went crazy the time I took Jem and Jess to Spotlight, left the shop before the tears started and then cried all the way to my gf's house and told the girls they were both so naughty and they were cryin too, lol I look back and laugh as well but that day was AWFUL!!! I resolved not to go to Spotlight aone with THEM horrors lol.

Kellee Guest

Hello everyone!

Jessica – congratulations! That’s wonderful news. I hope you start to feel better soon. Great that Aidan is letting you have a bit of sleep atm, and through the day too – you really need all you can get at this stage of the pg, and then again at the end.

Christy – you poor thing… don’t worry, it’s the hormones I bet. I hope you’re both having a better day today.

Well, I went to my first playgroup session today – it was really nice. Charlie had a great time – he didn’t so much play ‘with’ the other kids as ‘next to them’ but I’m sure he’ll come around. It was nice to have some adult company for a change! The local council is doing all these initiatives to get people active in the community and they sent me some stuff about a Parents With Prams walking session so I think I might go to that too. It’s all a bit scary and new, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I’ve got my best friend coming over for dinner tonight, then Mum and friend over for afternoon tea tomorrow, then my brother and almost SIL for dinner tomorrow night, then going into town with DH for breakfast on Friday because he has a late start, then Saturday we’re having a whole heap of people over for DH and his two friends’ combined birthday parties! Crazy. Oh well, it’s good to be busy! Anyway, better go and clean up – my place looks like a brothel atm (well, not literally, but you know what I mean!). Sorry to anyone I missed (I’ve been trying to settle Toby in-between writing this and it’s hard to keep up!).

Hey Girls

I know I know I have been MIA in ages

I am surviving just Have had Kameron throwing up from 5pm this evening and then Lachlan threw up all thru his bed at 10.30pm tonight, so I am still currently up trying to dry bedding on the heater in case of a repeat performance from Lachlan. I am going to be so worn out come morning. One thick blanket is nearly dry then I will do the other and then go back to bed.

Lachlan still hasn't started TT yet. He comes and sits on the potty though every time Kameron or I are in the toilet. I am in no great rush next month is the start of Spring and the weather will start to warm up a bit which is when I will be a bit more inclined. A boy at Playgroup 8 days younger than him is already wearing jocks to Playgroup, but he talks very well as well will repeat what his mums says when reading a book to him word for word. Lachlan still thinks books are for ripping and that textas are designed for walls

He is slowly starting to say more now though. His new saying is "aww man" and you can tell that came from Kameron as he sounds EXACTLY like Kameron when he says it. Quite cute really.

Anyway will leave it at that for now !! Love to you all.

Just a quick one to say: "COngrats, Jessica!"

How exciting!

Well not much to report other than that Wolf is sick
    He has had a fever since yesterday and has thrown up twice. No idea what it is... some bug I presume. If it's not gone by the weekend, I will see a paed.

We're heading to Germany on the weekend for a wedding. We will also go to Switzerland to pick up the keys for our new place. So i might not be online much

Snowy

Hi gals, will take this opportunity to post between crying children! I have been reading your posts, just not getting a chance to reply!

Had a nightmare few days with Kaleb...he has had a cold for nearly two weeks, but on Tuesday arvo had a fever and a strange rash. Went to dr Wed morning and he got so worked up about her looking in his ears he spewed all over her. She just said to bring him back the next day to see if he was better. DH was off Thurs so he came so that he could hold Kaleb down to be looked at. Saw a different dr (don't you love medical centres) who said it was just a virus, rash due to a virus etc. This morning Kaleb woke up with muck all coming out of one ear, all over his sheets etc, and would not even let you touch him...went to another dr who finally diagnosed ear infection in both ears, which has burst the eardrum, hence all the gunk. So he is on his very first lot of antibiotics. Poor thing, he must have been in so much pain. The other problem is that about 1 in every 2 times you give him panadol, it makes him throw up. All over the couch last night after his milk...the whole house just reeks.

Snowy, sorry to hear Wolf is sick too. Hope he is better in time to enjoy your trip! So you are moving to Switzerland? How exciting! Will you be sorry to leave London?

Kathryn, sounds like you had a shocker of a night, how are your two now?

Kellee, so glad to hear playgroup was a success...I will email you after this re: catching up.

Christy, you poor thing, that must have been so hard. I have had my fair share of mummy meltdowns in public (you should have seen me in the drs on Wednesday with Freya crying in the sling, trying to clean the vomit off Kaleb while he's crying and the dr's telling him off for not keeping still...I was crying hardest of all I think!) Anyway, how is Matilda going with the bed thing now?

OK, gotta go feed, will try & post more soon!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast