Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #2

Hi everyone, haven't posted for a week or two, I've been busy just being busy! Mackenzie is doing really well with her TT. We had a break through on Wednesday with 6 wees in the potty and we have been going full steam ahead since. We have both the steps/seat on the toilet and a potty (I'd prefer if she used the toilet but who cares!) but the potty is the fav at the moment. I guess it's good because she always makes it but the toilet takes a bit longer to climb up onto. In saying that she has still done a few wees on the toilet and today did #2's on there. It was very funny, I knew she had to go and didn't really want to clean the potty after #2's so sat her on the toilet. She sent me out of the toilet, closed the door and I heard plop (I had my bum in the air looking under the door just to make sure she was sitting on the toilet!) and then she yells out 'finished'. She was so proud of herself, she had to have a look and waved goodbye as it flushed away. I can't belive I'm talking about poo like this but I was soooo excited!

Christy - I hear you re tantrums. I really only venture to the shopping centre on the weekends if I can help it so DH can entertain Miss M while I have a quick browse at things. I've so far only had one tanty in the supermarket and since then I shop for groceries online - problem solved!

Kathryn - you poor thing, how are the boys now? Lachlan's 'awwman' sounds sooo cute. Don't compare to others at playgroup - it will only stress you out. Lachlan has Kameron to talk for him so why should he bother anyway?

Snowy - how is Wolf. Hope you enjoy the wedding and goodluck with the move. What does your hubby do? You've probably posted it before but there are so many posts it would take me forever to read back thru them all to find it! (I guess that's because we are all so addicted to this forum there are pages of it - love it!) Miss M went to the bed at 22 months. We went on a holiday and there was no way she was going to fit in a portacot so we put her in a bed with another single bed mattress on the floor incase she feel out (which she did 3 times). She was swimming almost all day so was so tired at night she was asking to go to bed! When we got back from holidays we just put her straight into a single bed (we bought a side rail) in another room and told her the cot is for the baby (not that we have another baby but she's cool with that). We then quickly transformed/decorated the room into a little girls room and we've never looked back! We have a set routine where she brushs her teeth, jumps into bed we read her a story and then leave a book with her and she goes to sleep. We had a few nights (and still do) where she jumps out of bed or crys out but we only have to put her back a few times and tell her to stay in bed and jobs done! Good luck with Wolf and just be strong!

Jessica - Congratulations what wonderful news. Take every second you can for yourself (easier said than done!)

Would love to do some more personals but time is running out Miss M is due to wake up any minute and I really need to hang out some washing and clean up from lunch. Have a fab weekend!

hi girls
    got home notlong ago from an epic shopping day, didn't buy much but getting in and out of the car is very tiring.

SNowy- Switzerland!!! Your life seems so exciting, so is this move another job promotion/change for your DH? Hope Wolf is better.

Jo- poor Kaleb, I hope he makes a quick recovery. jemma is a frak at the drs won't let them touch her or look at her either, makes it very difficut, that is why her broken finger went undiagnosed cos she wouldn't let the dr look.

Jess- hope you are feeling good and Aidan is good too.

Nikbrad- does sound like you are busy, Yay for Mackenzie's tt, that is great.

Kathryn so nice to hear from you, Ilove Lachlans AWW man too, gotta love having a big brother. I wouldn't worry bout any of that, I know you won't either. Are you still working hard with the play group? How is Cameron going at Kinder?

Hello to everybody else, seems I don't have the energy to chat much, wil have to go have a cuppa coffee, get my eyes open lol
    hugs Michelle

Michelle, that is so true with getting in & out of the car, especially with more than 1. It's a major juggling act now with the 2 of them, trying to stop Kaleb from running off while I put Freya in...puts me off ever going anywhere! How's business going?

Nikbrad, Mackenzie sounds like a little legend with the TT! And the bed transition sounds like it was a dream for you! We have the toddler bed all set in Kaleb's room ready to go (we use it as a couch at the moment for stories etc.) but I don't know how he's going to go in it. Decided not to push the issue yet with a new baby to contend with!

Kaleb is much better today, full of beans again, which is a relief...hooray for penicillin!

LOL we've gone quiet again.

Jo, great that Kaleb started feeling better.

Matilda still isn't sleeping. We've been to the GP twice and the only advice they have now is to sedate her. So we've investigated all options now. I feel better knowing that there isn't any physical reason for this & she's not been in pain & I've avoided it. Now I know its just developmental sleeping issues... what else is new

I went out & bought some TT pants for Matilda and some pull ups so when we are at home we can work on it. I also bought some undies so we'll see what works best for her, if she's still interested.

Other than that... I'm really tired.

Hi girls
    yep it is quiet, I guess we are all busy with our kiddies.

Christy- I can only imagine how tired you guy are. So what do you do next, if they say developmental sleep issues where does that leave you? Is sedation the only option?

Jo- so glad Kaleb is better! Do you have a double pram? I find it not so bad with the pram as I put Jemma in first and then Jessica. Of course it is harder if I haven't got the pram, which is rare, but for some short trips like just local for bread and milk I don't take it in, and funny thing is it turns into way more than a SHORT trip lol Easiest thing to do is just not go to the shop with them unless necessary. I usually wait till arron is home and then go.

Anyway we had no gym today as jemma isn't 100%, and she has a bday party to go to, so we are almost ready. Just gotta make the bday card and wrap the pressie.
    Better go

Hi Girls

It has been quiet but just wanted to drop in to say Hi to everyone. We had a great weekend, went to the park and Mackenzie had a ball. We ventured out with no nappy on and she didn't have one accident. Although after her great attempt at doing #2's in the toilet on Friday she hasn't done it since. She will only do it in her knickers.. Never mind she's doing really well with the TT so I guess it will happen when she's ready!

Michelle I just looked at your website. My girlfriend is having a baby in September so I will keep you site in mind when I'm trying to find just the right gift for her.

Must run have to do a quick tidy up and decide what to cook for dinner before Miss M wakes up. Mackenzie had a shocker last night and I'm so tired so dinner will be a very easy one tonight!

Nik

No probs Nik! Hopefully by then the site is revamped and the shopping cart is ready to go. It has been a long time coming but it is making some progress. Yay for Mackenzoe and the toilet. I deided not to risk it, took Jemma and Jess to a 4th bday oday and put a nappy on her cos when they are playing they sometimes forget I don't want her weeing in other people's houses lol.

I have Jess getting her chicken pox injection on Thursday and if Jemma's eyes are still yucky then she will have to miss kinder and come to th drs. I hate conjunctivitis, it is such a bugger to get rid of.
    Anyway must head off trying to go to bed early
    what a funny girl I am lol

ARgh... Matilda was taking forever to get to her nap today so I took a 10 minute break & when I got back into the room she had taken her nappy off, done a poo and then tried to get a new nappy back on while standing in the poo.... needless to say there was a lot of poo smeared on the floor (thank goodness we don't have carpet!) and I had to give her a bath. But I thought it was pretty funny that she took her first nappy off first, then did the poo and then tried to put a clean nappy on... I wonder what was going through her mind LOL.

Yucko Christy I was pmsl though as I read your post. She did try to not do it in her nappy at least lol, lucky you don't have carpet that would have been way worse. Anymore luck with sleep?

Well I am a big fat idiot LOL!! Went to visit a gf today and when I left her house I backed into a concrete drain thingy. Have put a hole ion my shocker which means I need 2 new ones but worse I crushed the brake line. Lucky for me it didn't break completely cos I would have had no brakes and that would have been awful, especially since my trip home took an hr and 15 mins. Car is booked in to be fixed tomorrow. I am such a dope! Ended up an expensive visit lol Had a great day though and the kids all played so nicely together.

Was sposed to take Jess for chicken pox injection tomorrow but now won't be able to go and not sure if Jemma is going to make kinder as she still has gooey eyes.

I hope you are all well
    hugs

Michelle that sucks that Jemma still has gooey eyes, at least the others have stayed clear? I hope it stays that way!

Sleep...well...yes & no. It takes so long to get her to sleep now but at least she is going to sleep on her bed which is a huge break through from last week. She wakes a few times, but nothing like it was before. Day sleep... needless to say with the poo episode was atrocious today. Going to bed now

Christy, I had to laugh about the poo incident - I have had one like that before and it is not fun! How did the night go last night?

Paige is still just being Paige, although she has gotten to be quite the clever little chookie. The way she antagonises the other kids is quite funny, but we try not the laught at her so it doesn't encourage her to do it. She is really moving ahead with her talking now, although it is still hard to understand her at times. She too it still waking through the night several times but is easy to settle. I just wish I knew why she is doing it.

Thats it isn't it Sherie, if we could get into their little minds & figure out why, maybe we could reason with them LOL.

Had our second appt with the Triple P consultant today. We were trying to get Matilda to show some of the behaviours we are there for, of course...she did none. She was the perfect little angel . We finally got her frustrated & instead of all her normal behaviours she walked up to me & bit my knee.

It's always the way isn't it? Is it still going well though with the Triple P? ETA - have you thought of taping her doing some of this stuff at home to show him?

mooshie Guest

hi there

sorry been mia for a while, i have been reading but not posting, cause i really don't have much to say lol (unusal for me i know lol)

sherie and christy - ohh those little monkeys having sleeping problems.

oh and christy sorry i did have a giggle at the poo episode, that would be a nice embarrising story to tell one day lol

hi to everyone else, hope you and your bubs are going well

dh has the flu and jay and lani have the sneezes and snots starting, so i guess i will get it in the next few days, along with af i am guessing, oh well thems the breaks.

as i said nothing much else, have stopped tt lani, she suddenly has decided she doesn't want to wee on the loo now, so i am not fussing and will try again later in the year, she has done well considering my other two weren't trained until 3yrs. main thing for me i guess is that i have finally turned off her monitor at night, dh could hear her if she woke and i am sure if she did cry and we didn't hear her, then if it went on for more than a few minutes jay would come and tell me. i don't know why it has taken this long with jay i had no monitor from about 15mths and his bedroom is further.

lani is going really well with her talking, very cute. doing sentances now and loves to do the abc always ends with hands in the air saying hooray. she loves going to school, can't get her out of the classroom in the mornings, somedays she runs in and sits on jays knee at the end of the day and just sits quietly listening to his teacher. his teacher is great she doesn't seem to mind and it is more of a distraction if i keep going in to get her.

tantrums are HUGE tho, she is a real drama queen (i tell you i am gunna have my hands full when she is a teenager) she just loves to stamp her feet and through herself down on the ground, she is slowly learning that it doesn't get her anywhere.

eating - still pathetic, she probably eats 3 nights a week a little bit of dinner most nights she just looks at her plate pushes it away and says no, and then quite happily sits there watching us eat - strange child. i am looking at getting her onto a multivitamin, not sure tho - do any others use vitamins. i have used them for jay since he was around 3yrs of age and they made the world of difference to him, he still has one every morning even tho his appetite is bigger than mine. just don't know if lani is to young for them, i might give my gp a ring and ask her, that's if she will tell me over the phone, i will probably have to make an appointment.

anyway must go and catch up on a few things, hope you are all well and i will chat again soon

I use a "child care" vitamen when we are all run down & the kids at day care are unwell. Matilda missed the last 2 bugs that went through and I think thats because I was using it with her.

Michelle- Pentavite was one they used to get yo to add to their cows milk if they went on it bf they were 1, to make sure they were getting them, it was just in liquid form. I'd ask at the chemist they will know whatis ok. I don't think there is anything wrong with giving the vitamins, at least you will have peace of mind that if she isn't getting stuff from her food she is still getting the vitamins. I am lad to hear from you, hope you don't get the cold too.

Jemma's eyes are cleared up. It is gymnastics tomorrow amnd we have chicken pox injection for Jess so she will not be happy with me. But we will all be tired tomorrow. Got another full busy week, after a flat out weekend, all I feel like doing now is resting so I am going to sit with my dh on the couch, maybe have a cuddle, he will wonder if I am sick I reckon lol
    have a nice day tomorrow everyone

Wow, it's very quiet in here, everyone's families keeping them busy?

Things are going pretty well here atm. I am loving Kaleb's age now, probably highlighted by Freya's presence and how much I struggle with the baby stage. His speaking is coming on even more, and he is now singing bits of songs which is very cute. I try to go to the park for a bit every day, he loves it and it wears him out, making him that little bit more manageable, but it's hard to run around after him with Freya in the sling. Especially when he climbs up a fort with an open side. We're having fun checking out different parks though, finding which ones are toddler friendly.

Had an interesting experiment on Saturday with his sleeping...normally he has his nap at midday, but we had rellos over from the UK and were going to a pub for a family do at midday. Couldn't get him to sleep before we went, so crossed our fingers and hoped for the best. Needless to say he was feral, crying and running around wildly. I felt terrible because it was our fault that he was like this, we were the ones keeping him up, but most of the family was telling us we should give him a good smack, that he was out of control etc. Well, that put me in a great mood for the rest of the day! Apparently he will be "walking all over us by the time he's 5" unless we start smacking him. Grrrrr. Anyway, sorry for the vent, I know it's just one of those things we have to deal with as parents, people pushing their views on us!

Hope you and your little ones are all well!

Jo- makes your blood boil doesn't it when people feel like imparting their wisdom on you re your child's behaviour. If he had slept he would have been ok, and it is annoying that hey can't get that. So glad things are going well and Ikwym about open sides on equi[ment it is almost heart stopping watching them sometimes isn't itLOL

well Jess and I went to Kinder for duty today with Jemma and we were all exhausted by 12am, lol you'd think it was 6 hrs instead of 3 lol. We have had a busy few days with BIL down for a mates funeral and I ahve just been totally flat out for weeks. Jess's bday is coming like a freight train, as is Jordans (2 weeks later) and then I am starting to feel xmas sneaking up too. I am going to have to sit down and make a plan of what I want. So I don't overspend. Josh is a t a friends straight after school today and Jordan has sport until 4.25. So I don't have to do school pick up. Arron has an appt early in the morning over the other side of the city and so is sleeping at his cousins tonight, which leaves me single parenting, how lucky am I? And bc of the funeral and his brother being down he was very ****ed last night, drank all arvo and night. I am very tired but sure that I will still stay up late even though he isn't herelol
    I am going to ring my gf, her dh is always away thurs nights and maybe have tea at her place tonight. I could clean the house but can't be bothered/. Also at some stage have to embroider a towel with for Jordans friends bday pres, just a name so no big deal, won't take long at all, but she told the girl about it and she wants a pink towel with BLACK writing....11 yolds can be painful lol. So maybe I should do the towel and then start picking everyone up from all around.
    Hope you are all well, haven't heard from Kellee or Mel for awhile, hpe they are well, and Jessica too.

Hi to everybody

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast