Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #2

mooshie Guest

hi there

yup way to many posts for me to catch up with but i promise i do read

melbee - i love underwater world, i think it is heaps better than the aquarium down here. we try and get there each time we go up to the sunshine coast.

mitch - i was thinking of going to the craft fair, but don't know which day yet, maybe saturday.

snowy - yay for wolf doing a piddle on the loo

kelle - you will be fine once dh is back at work. you will find a way trust me

hi to everyone else not much going on in lani land, she is meant to be asleep well she has been since 12.30 and i can hear her singing so i best get her up.

i will just quickly let you know what ****wits the outlaws are = brief rundown

dh is one of 5 children to 3 different fathers anyway mil thinks the sun shines out of her last child (dd) arse and her 2 kids are treated like they are the only grandchildren. there are 11 grandchildren all up, once when one of her sons came over to our house with his 3 kids, who she hadn't seen for quite a few years, she bent down and shook their hands and said hello kiddies i am your nanna pmsl she is a right knob. anyway we went to a nephews party about a month ago and i purposely told her about the great night we had the night before for my mums 60th (my mum invited dh dad and stepmum but not mil cause well she wouldn't go anyway) anyway cause mil ex dh was invited and him and his wife get along so well with my parents (they go out to dinner alot etc they have heaps in common) mil got her nose put out of joint and wouldn't speak to us, my dh wasn't fussed and he was quite ****ed of that she had previously invited dh's brother and his kids and new girlfriend to a do a few months previously and not bothered to invite us, despite my dh having not seen his brother for quite some time due to a messy breakup etc etc. well the shoe is now on the other foot and mil won't speak to us lol like we really care i guess. i got a phonecall from the golden child informing us that her ds party had to be cancelled due to her being sick this weekend and she has rescheduled it the week before lani's birthday WTF she knows that we are having a party for lani why wait that long arrhh she then informs us that their grandfather is in hospital, ***** of mil didn't even bother to ring us to tell dh that is grandfather is in hospital, so here is dh grandfather wondering why we haven't visited him - arghh i could go on and on and on about the ***** but i won't, at least my dh can't be bothered with her either. oh and i rang mil yesterday to ask about grandad and i mentioned how my parents had us over for dinner for jessica's birthday hint hint - and it just went over her head. i give up she is one crazy stupid cow.

wow that should have gone in the punching bag lol - but there you see i have one ***** of a mil, she wonders why i don't go over to her house.

whoops better go and get ready to pick up jay from school.

chat later

Yuck Michelle, how awful a situation for you, you had enough to think about this week.

Underwater world sounds like a hit Mel!

We went to the park for a massive run this morning & Matilda went to bed easily today too! Only slept for an hour & half but it was bliss having her run into her room again to go to bed. I think the key is to make her run for around an hour.... hehehehe.

Arrrrrrrg, Michelle, MIL sounds like a very crazy person.... well, at least FIL and step-Mil are okay. In big families you get to pick the ones you like

Kelly - I hear you on lack of sleep. I don't remember when I last slept more than 5 hours in one go. Recently it's just 2 hour naps at night and I feel like I've been run over by a truck most mornings. I think we will have to do some controlled crying with both of them and claim back our bed as our own...

Snowy

I am thinking about skipping Asha day time sleep ... she doesnt go to bed until 9 and then by the time I get the kids lunches made and uniforms done and then do stuff for school it is never earlier thatn 11.30 before I crawl into bed and then the alram goes off again at 5.55 and the cycle begins again! It is so tiring and then I dont even get a break on the weekends, *sigh* ok ebough from me ... will have to come back later for personals ... need to get dinner for the kids!

Cheers

Hugs Kelly- I can see why you are tired, no arvo sleep sounds good to me lOL

I won't do personals cos Soooo tired just tell you the craft fair was good, only had Jess with us and she was very well behaved. Didn't buy anything so did very well, considering I had no money lol

I will try to catch up tomorrow
    hugs Michelle

mooshie Guest

hey michelle

i was thinking of going just really for the scrapbooking stuff - is it worth just going for that???

still trying to figure out which day to go

oh Kelly I could so understand why you want to cut out Asha's sleep.... I hope it works for you! I have started making Matilda's day sleep shorter so I can have her in bed by 7.30pm. If she sleeps more than an hour & half she is up until 8-8.30pm and I just like having some time after she goes to bed at night to clean up & tidy up and sit down before I get up with her in the morning.

Today I have tried so hard to entertain her, its a rainy day so no going for a walk etc. I have some shopping to do but can't get organised enough to get out of the house. Everytime I dress Matilda by the time I start packing her bag, she's nude again. She keeps running to the toilet, spending 5-10 minutes on it & then hopping off only to wee around 15 minutes later.... then she runs to the toilet again & spends 5-10 minutes on it and nothing. So far I've cleaned up a wee & a poo today... not too happy about that. I'm still in my PJ's and I have friends coming over for tea tonight with their toddler so I'm trying to get the house ready for it.... urgh... overwhelming.

Oh Christy I am feeling overwhelmed today too. TT can be very annoying sometimes, hang in there. I have a bodyshop party at my place tonight and am trying to clean up and then I discovered that oit is BAS statement day and thanks to aron the bookwork is a shambles and I am sposed to be sewing an order and I am not going to get to that today.I really feel strressed. Hope you have a nice night tonight though.

Michelle- Francheville have a stand showing all their new stuff, and there are some big stands with loads of stickers, a place called Raspberry selling 3 different style of paper packs, 3 for $25 or $9.95 ea. Not sure if its worth $15 to see just the scrapping stuff though. There are other things there that are gorgeous Beeann's reborn dolls are absolutely gorgeous! I don't want to say don't go cos you might find something you want. And I will admit I didn't look very closely at prices cos I had no money lol
    have fun if you go, you could just go for a day out!!!

anyway gotta go, stopped for lunch and got to keppe moving or house will be a shambles. So far I have done the dishes, tidied the kitchen, mopped and half dusted
    also haning and foldaing washing but gotta vac and tidy the lounge and rumpus and go clean the bathroom and toilet
    see ya

LOL Michelle the thing is I'm not ready for TT yet... Matilda obviously is because she refuses to wear any clothes in our house atm. She just pulls everything off and can get out of her nappies so I let her thinking that if this is what she wants, I'll help her through it. I even went out & bought size 2 bodysuits hoping to keep clothes on her, LOL she's figured out how to pull the snaps apart.

Kellee Guest

Dropped off the notifications here for some reasonÖ

Canít write for long, but I need some help! Charlie has been running around in his room for ages, and I KNOW heís tired, but he wonít sleep. Now heís realised that he can reach the door and come out on his own. I intend to keep going in there and putting him back into bed without and tell him to stay there and go to sleep, but Iím not sure what else I should doÖ any ideas?

Sorry, will be back for personals later.

ah Kellee!!! We had that problem when Matilda first went into the big girl bed, she would jump out of bed & run & open the door. It took us around 2 hours for every night sleep to get her to bed. We finally put a lock on the door, and when she got up & tried it she would go back to bed. If she cried I would go in & put her back into bed. We tried sitting on the end of the bed, facing the other direction, but sometimes that would take up to 45 minutes to get her to sleep too. It lasted around 2 weeks for us before she got the idea of staying in her bed. Then another 2 weeks before she would actually do it... Perservere!! *hugs*

Wow i am so slack! So many posts!

I don't think we'll be cutting out Lily's day time nap anytime soon, she seems to need it. She wakes up at around 9am then has a nap at 2:30pm-4:30pm then goes to bed at 7:30-8pm. Bliss i tell you lol. But if she doesn't have a nap, god she is one cranky little miss! I think i will be shocked when #2 is born(only 11 weeks to go, eek!), i bet he will wake up every 2-3 hours!

Not much else is happening here, oh except Lily now says bye-byes, so cute. And she's learnt how to put rubbish in the bin without being asked, no idea where she got that from, we never taught her. She is really amazing me with how much she does now and how much she understands(like she always goes and gets a nappy to tell us she wants to be changed, and she will put powder on herself after a nappy change)

Other than that not a lot happening. Our wedding is in 5 weeks, i'm getting excited!

Tegan, it's weird - kids all seem to do that. So weird. Wolf constantly takes stuff to the bin. He also loves "CLEANING!" (taking a cloth and rubbing it on the floor - so cute). Dunno where he got that from ... certainly not from me, lol!

Arg on the getting up at night part, Kellee. I think I will be leaving Wolf in the cot for a while longer, he he. He is not too bad with bed time but I just don't think I want to struggle with that kinda stuff right now.

We had a busy day today. Girl from my antenatal class in Berlin is in London and came by with her son. 3 kids is exhausting! And her boy is quite a handful, always trashing stuff and being naughty, pinching, biting, taking toys from Wolf (and he is such a sheep and just lets him take it - though he cries after). They have always been so different in character weird, isn't it.

Snowy - Lily also used a cloth to 'clean' our tables lol. So cute.

oh dear Kellee, it is so draining when they do that, putting them back and back again. All you really can do is persevere an if he can't get out he would def fall asleep quicker but that means finding some way of locking the door. That is the reason why Jess is still in her cot even though she can climb out, cos I know from previous kids that I will be doing what you are doing lol

Tegan gosh your wedding has come up so quickly. Are you all organised? Where is the wedding? Lily sounds very cute lol

Snowy- my girls clean up too and also unpack my dishwasher, Jess did it all by herself the other week when Jemma was a kinder, I started doing it, went to clean the tsable got sidetracked and when I came back she had unpacked haf of the dishwasher on her own. i did lose a plate unfortunately lol. Mine too wipe up spills. It is very cute, all you have to do is try to keep that going until they are older lol, cos at Jordans age they don't clean their rooms let alone anything else. Joshua is very good with his dirty washing, he always takes his clothes off in the lounge and sorts it into baskets but Jordan always leaves hers on the bathroom floor. So they seem to ungrow cleanliness lol

Christy- looks like Matilda is not caring whether you are ready or not lol, she does have a very strong will lol oh well looks like you don't have much choice.

I have had about 5 sewing orders come in in the last 2 days so I have things to do now lol, gotta get going and start. Like to have a quick turn around

hope you are all enjoying the weekend

Wow Tegan your wedding is creeping up quickly!

TT, well MAtilda pulled all her clothes off this morning again & yelled "POO!" so I yelled "QUICK!" and she ran to the loo but before she could climb up she started to wee & DH was with her saying "its okay Matilda you tried very hard" but then she climbed up & finished the wee. YAY! Heaps of cheers and even a lolly for that effort

Michelle I hope you get those sewing orders out of the way still must be good to have them.

Cleaning, Matilda's into it too. She loves throwing rubbish in the bin & whenever we change her nappy & use wipes she grabs one & goes to clean off her toys. Very cute.

Yay Matilda!! What a clever girl. I lol at the run thing!! We always run to the toilet lol
    =Matilda is def tt herself.

Quick question: Has anyone's child gone through a being afraid of their bed phase? I can't figure out if this is actually what is going on, but Matilda has become hysterical everytime we try to put her to bed. Nothing in her room has changed too much, but...she has slept the last few sleeps on the floor in her room because she refuses to stay on her bed. She throws massive wobblies and gets so worked up that she throws her body around & stands shaking & sobbing... And it takes hours to get her to have one sleep... then she wakes up after an hour or so and it starts all over again.

We're pretty exhausted and hoped for a good day sleep today, but it was not to be...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast