Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #3

Hiya girls.

Melissa - I hope Lachlan will be okay with a new baby. We shouldn't have too much drama with Kameron as he has done it once before LOL. Oooer at your news as well, although it could be a number of things

Michelle - It sounds like you have been a busy little bee with all your sewing.

Not much happening here just busy with day to day life. Had Lach sleep for 15hrs straight the other night 3.30pm-6.30am. We thought he might have been coming down with something, but pulled up fine the next morning. So he hasn't been too bad lately. Kameron is currently yelling at him about something so I better go investigate.

Love

WELL WE ARE A HIVE OF ACTIVITY ATM.

Mel- that is really mean leaving us hanging ike that....can't wait to hear the news!!!!

Christy- hope you catch up on rest at your place

Kathryn- hope nothing too bad was happening bf with Kam yelling at Lachlan, gotta love having sibings sometimes lol

Tegan- yes well I will def be thinking of you on the 2nd, it is Jess' bday that day and my cousins 21st. Hope you get a gorgeous day. And get some gorgeous photos. It is all worth it in the end. I remember thinking I hardly saw arron all night lol

Hello to everybody else. I have had a slack day today, just couldn't be bothered really. It rained here all night and the digging arron did has made our place like a mud bowl. The floor is awful but if I mop they will walk mud all the way through anyway. So I have swept and will have to wait. It came over dark about 2pm and the fog rolled in so I put the heater back on and I am looking at having a night in the warmth.

hope te weather is ncer somewhere els
    hi to all 'michelle

Hi everyone,

Yes I know, MIA again!

Kathryn, wow 15hrs straight, I think I would have stressed out big time if Aidan did that! Glad to hear Lachlan is well, and you, Kameron, DH and Ashton too! Do you have any plans for the birth?

Michelle, I know what you mean about the weather. It acually made me smile when I woke up to the sound of rain, then I realised I couldn't stay home under the doona all day like I could 5yrs ago but had to go to work plus get Aidan ready for 'school' (child care)!

Pregnancy is going well, had a few scares with bleeding but 2 u/s tells me everything is OK. Looking forward to reaching the 2nd trimester so I can feel like I am not hiding a big secret all the time! I am looking forward to being pregnant in summer but not too heavily pregnant so I can flaunt my tummy. It is a big achivement so I think we all have the right to show it off if we feel like it!

girls you are all funny - good things come to those who wait but i can tell you my brother called tonight & his girlfriend of all of 5mins (ok maybe 8weeks) is 5 weeks pg!!! my other brother & i are in shock & he hasn't told my parents yet - he was with a girl for 8 years married a year to her & she cheated on him with his best mate last november so im happy that he's happy but still a shock!

Wow Melissa, how exciting (and surprising) for your family. is this going to be your first niece/nephew? I felt a bit like that when my little sister announced she was pg, more because she is only 20 and knowing that she is pg means she has DTD lmao. Anyway good luck to them and I hope everything goes well.

Well our night last night was WORSE than the night before. Mainly because she just couldn't stop coughing. She had a 2 hour stint where all she did was cough. Her throat must of been so sore, but I couldn't even try to give her panadol or anything because of the coughing, I thought she would just trhow it up again. But I don't have to be anywhere today so I should be able to get a snooze, unlike yesterday.

Hope everyone else is fine and that you all have happy and well children.

Oh Sherie, hope you are able to have a snooze today...poor Paige, that sounds awful. Kaleb has a tendency to do a big projectile number after panadol, so I only give it to him when desperate. Hope you have a better night tonight.

Wow Mel, no wonder you are in shock! Do you like the new GF? How do you think your parents will take it?

Jess, glad to hear pg is going well, have you had any m/s?

Michelle, hate to rub it in, but the weather in Brissie is fantastic atm! Having said that, we would kill for a bit of your rain!

Kathryn, wow at Lach sleeping for 15 hrs! Kaleb has done 13hrs a couple of times and it was wonderful! Hope your pg is all good.

Christy, you must be knackered, I would been having serious meltdowns with that long-term sleep deprivation...you sound amazingly positive considering!

All good here with Kaleb (don't ask about Freya...) He has started singing along when I sing, and will sponateously burst into song in the middle of a shop, which gives people a giggle. Still obsessed by the Wiggles (or Diggles as he calls them) we got tickets to go see them because the concert is actually on his birthday, which is pretty cool. Anyone else going, or have seen them before?

Jo, I took Lindsay and Erin to see them when I was 37 weeks pg with Paige and it was the best thing to see them live. The kids were a bit funny at first making the connection between seeing them on telly and seeing them in person, but their show is also for adults too and there are a lot of adult jokes (not *adult* but jokes adults would get IYKWIM). Paige calls them the "Woowoo's".

Dipped out on the snooze because when Paige nodded off, I did some things thinking I'd have time because I thought she would sleep for ages, and then Erin fell asleep, and then Paige woke up. I will just get into bed early tonight.

yeah im still in shock - my brother is 31 in nov & she is 27 & has a 4 year old from a previous marriage - all the family know now & everyone is happy once they get over the shock!

now i can tell you my news i'm pregnant!! only 5 1/2 weeks due 22 april - still hasnt sunk in & i havent told eliana's dad yet (it's his baby) things have been going well lately & we had talked about moving back in together but i dont want to move back to brisbane so will see what happens & see how he takes the news when i see him tomorrow - my family are all excited & funnily enough im due the same time as my bro - i painted eliana a tshirt that said big sister to tell my parents yesterday but my mum didnt read it!!! lol - maybe it will work better when we tell richards mum (she is coming here tomorrow too) i just couldnt post it earlier in case he came in here & read it - already have afternoon sickness & still can't believe i'm pg considering we only had sex once in july!

hope everyone has a great weekend & keep your fingers crossed that DP takes the news well

WOOHOO!!! Mel! Congratulations!! I know its a bit scary with how things are going, but I'm very happy for you & for Eliana becoming a big sister.

mooshie Guest

woohoo mel, i just knew it - congratulations to you and it sounds like things are going along nicely at the moment which is great.

jo - i have seen the wiggles, they are fantastic, mind you when we went we only used to pay $10 a ticket and the concerts were at our local community centre, it was so great, we used to sit on the floor with the kids and they would dance and give dorothy roses - it was so close and personal - last time i went was in 2001, so haven't been to one of their shows at the big arena's and don't think i will be cause lani is not to fond of the wiggles lol.

kathryn - sounds like things are going along nicely for you at the moment, wow not long to go for you now

sherie - hope paige is feeling better and hopefully you managed to get in a little nap today, hope tonight is better

christy - how are you going, i feel for you - you are so strong to keep on going, i think you deserve to have one of those babies that sleep through all night every night from very early on, you deserve it.

michelle - wow you are busy lol. have you been doing much scrapping, i haven't been kinda slack lol. going to a workshop next week so hopefully i will pick it up again

well not much news here, had a nice lunch today at a friends house - singapore noodles, satay chicken noodles, california rolls and coffee with krispy kreme donuts - so i am feeling very full and fat lol. still have some donuts in the cupboard and they keep calling me pmsl, i will try and avoid the temptation lol.

anyway must go and clean up the kids are wrecking the joint.

oh mooshie i sooooooooooooo want one of those donuts!! i loved krispy kreme when i lived in the US though they were too close & i could walk there but justified having one as i had exercised to get there lol
    sounds like you had a good girls lunch today
    thanks again for the congratulations

Congratulations Melissa !!

Jessica - I am hoping to have a natural labour as I have only ever been induced, and we also have our fingers crossed that he comes after Nov 1st, as we have booked the lovely Kelly to be our Doula so she will fly in. She is in QLD prior to Nov 1st for a conference. So no major plans as such.

Jo - Never been to a Wiggles concert myself but a friend of mine goes whenever they are in Adelaide and just raves about it. So hopefully you will both enjoy it.

Not much to report on this end. Lachlan actually put himself to bed for an afternoon nap today. Was wondering why the house was quiet. Kameron was on the lounge watching something on ABC Kids and so I had to go and investigate and there he was sound asleep in his bed with the covers over himself. I think Kameron went in there and woke him up an hour or so later though.

Love

mooshie Guest

oh kathryn so cute putting themselves to bed to sleep. i hope you don't need to get induced and thats great you have booked kelly

christy i posted in the scared of the bath thread and asked where you got that doll for matilda for the bath, sounds interesting so i just wanted to know what is it called, where do i get it and how much. sounds like it could be a good pressie for lani for her birthday - anything to get her to sit down in the bath lol.

anyway gotta go and put lotto on and clean up the house, have two extra's tonight for a sleepover one 10yr old and another little girl 6wks younger than lani - so that should be fun, their parents are coming over to pick them up early in the morning and we are going out for lunch tommorrow so busy busy busy.

will try and catch up later.

OMG Mel, congratulations! That is such exciting news! Hope all goes well with breaking it to DP!

Knackered today...went out last night for the first time since Freya, my mum stayed over to look after the kids. Only had 4 hours sleep, but it was worth it, went and saw one of our all-time fav bands. Poor DH is working today, so he'll be struggling too.

OK, I've run out of energy to type now...will be back later. Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Michelle, the bath thing was given to us, so I'll find out what sort it is, should be written on there somewhere LOL... its still in our room in pieces, I need to set it up soon....
    Thanks as well for the sleeping baby... I think we could use one too . I've put my order in, I just hope it doesn't get confused with anyone else...lol. I think we'll get Matilda sleeping again just in time for a newborn.

Kellee Guest

Hello all,

Have been lurking but I haven’t had a chance to post. Trying to get Toby to sleep as I type so I might not be able to write too much! I’ll see how I go…

Mel – congratulations! Wow, a brother or sister for Eliana – how exciting! I hope DP takes the news well. It only takes one, doesn’t it?!

Sherie – poor little Paige. I really hope she’s feeling better soon, and that you both get some sleep. It’s so hard when they’re sick – there’s not much you can do apart from give them cuddles.

Jo – good on you for going out! Who did you see? I wish I could go out – DH is going out on Sunday night to see our friend play but I have babysitting duties unfortunately!

Kathryn – that is so cute about Lachlan putting himself to bed. Does he want to come and teach Charlie and Toby to do that?!

Mooshie – glad you had a nice lunch with your friend. Those donuts sound good – I’ve never tasted them. I reckon if I did I’d be stuffed!

Jessica – glad to hear that the pg is going well. So are you waiting until 2nd trimester to tell people? Does your family know?

Mitch – a slack day… that sounds nice! I hope you enjoyed it – sounds like you don’t get too many of those.

Sorry to anyone I have missed… I hope you’re all going well.

I’ve been really tired lately – I’ve been walking like a madwoman to try and get this weight off and it’s just not happening. It’s starting to really depress me actually – I had a trivia night to go to tonight and I spent ages going through my cupboards yesterday to find something to wear and I, quite literally, have no clothes that fit me properly. Everything is either too small (pre-pg) or too big (maternity). So I’m not going. Isn’t that sad? I feel so pathetic. I’m sure I’ll get over it. Anyway, now that’s off my chest. Sorry for whinging – it’s good to vent sometimes.

Have had some nice days with Charlie lately. We went to town on Thursday and he had a little nap in the pram while I did some shopping (luckily Toby was sleeping too) and when he woke up I gave him a brand new Thomas DVD. He was so excited – he wouldn’t let go of it until we got home and I put it on for him. He loved it until the episode where a boat runs aground and knocks over a crane which falls on the shed that the engines are in. I was down the other end of the house when he saw this and just heard him scream – I came running down and he was crying and shaking he was so upset! The poor little guy. I put it on again for him the next day and tried to talk him through it to show him it was ok and the same thing happened, so we’ll just skip that episode from now on! Does anyone else’s kids have similar reactions to things? I worry that Charlie is overly sensitive, but maybe I’m wrong.

Anyway, better go and make sure that DH’s family doesn’t wake up Toby (who I have just gotten back to sleep). They’re here all day putting a slab down for a shed that they’re putting up. They’re a bit mad, and they’re driving ME mad too! Looking forward to them all going home. * sigh * Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

Kellee Guest

SNAP Christy! Hope the pg is going well. Don't worry about the 'mummy meltdowns' either - they happen to the rest of us who are getting more sleep too, so you have more than enough reasons to lose it every now and then! Big hugs to you too.

Hi all

Wow so much going on in here! I know I should come in more often so I can stay up to date with you all...

Mel - Congratulations! I already posted in your pg announcement thread but I wanted to do it again. How is DP with the news? Hope things can work out for the best with you.

Tegan- Hope you have a beautiful wedding day! I love weddings, they always make me teary. I would love to have another one but that will never happen!

Kellee - I know what it's like post-pg when nothing fits you and you feel depressed about it, but Toby is only 2 months old, don't be too hard on yourself! At least, don't tire yourself out too much with the walking. I felt the same way after I had Grace - I felt like a heffalump but it took me 6 months to lose any noticeable weight. This time I have told myself I don't even have to try until next year, as bub is due in Nov and I have xmas and new year to get through!

I gotta go, sorry to everyone I missed, I have to get these kids organised to go to the supermarket (oh joy of joys).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast