Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #3

OK, am supposed to be working, but just thought I'd pop in quickly to say hi!

Bon, lovely to hear from you, how's pg going?

Kellee, don't worry about venting. IKWYM with clothes though...I was still in my maternity top/jeans when you saw me the other day! I feel like a scruff all the time, was flat out finding something to wear out Friday night. Wow, sounds like Charlie is turning into a huge Thomas fan. Kaleb does something similar when he watches his Wiggles DVD and the "3 little ducks" bit comes on and Captain Feathersword cries...Kaleb starts crying too, and has to sit on my lap or hold my hand.

Mel, how did you get on with breaking the news?

Kaleb slept for 13 1/2 hrs last night, I think that might be a record. Still sleeping for 2 to 3 hrs in the arvo too. Although it's great for me, I hope it's normal?

Better get some stuff done, be back later...hope everyone's well!

Well I survived the shops, just. Grace had about 3 tanties while we were there - speaking about brats, I think my little girl has a monopoly in this area! She is little miss independent too, wants to do everything for herself. Sigh, I think we have hit the terrible twos early! On the up side, Harry has become quite well behaved when we are out and about. Well, he still has his moments but generally he is good.

Pg is going well, not long to go now really! I am starting to feel all the nerves about it, especially the birth but also afterwards when we have a little baby in the house. We found out at ultrasound that it is a girl, which we are excited about, but I thought it was a boy so that shows how good my instincts were this time!

Jo - wow at Kaleb's sleep! Grace has had a few sleeps like that - the other morning she slept until 9:30. I kept checking on her cause it seemed unusual but she was fine, I guess she must have needed it. She also tends to sleep for 2-3 hours during the day. I have never really worried about it, I hope she still wants to have a daytime nap when I have the baby!

OK, *guilty mother* rant ahead,
    Since last thurdsay Paige's cold has gotten a whole lot worse and she was been very congested and feverish and has coughing fits, the works. Poor little thing hasn't had a decent sleep in ages because she wakes herself up coughing. So we have just been giving her Panadol and using Vicks to try to clear her chest. So today She has an appointment to follow up on the ear infection form last week and I mention to the Dr how she has been and after he checked her ears (which were fine) he checked her chest sounds and said she has Bronchiolitis (sp?) which is what has been hospitalising heaps of infants and toddlers lately. So now I feel bad that we should have done something sooner to get her some anitbiotics to clear it up, because he said she has a bit of fluid on her lungs. So now we have another course of antibiotics and hopefully she will improve quickly.

Kellee, it took me ages to be able to fit properly in my regular clothes and still wore some maternity clothes when out and about. (I have even worn nursing bras too on the odd occasion when I have run out of normal bras LOL).

Jo, Kaleb is deffinately normal in the sleep dept. Lindsay was a good sleeper like that through the day right up until he was just over three. Even now all my three will get abour 12 hours overnight too.

Bon, how lovely to have another little girl. IKWYM about wrong instincts - I though Paige was going to be a boy too LOL. Glad the pg is going well for you.

oh Sherie, It is hard to know when things progress sometimes... bronchiolitis comes up suddenly most times so it may not have been there the whole time. Her cough could have progressed to that.

bon I was pretty sure that this baby was a boy too... then again I was pretty sure the first time around as well

hi girls - sorry dont have time for personals - im so tired!
    breaking the news went alot more better than i thought it would - he was actually excited & we had a huge talk & are going to move back in together but i dont want to move too far from family here & he cant get a job up here so we compromised & will find a place to live at north lakes which is pretty much half way - his mum was so excited when we told her - eliana started childcare today - i cried!! she had a blast & didnt want to come home though was very excited to see me so it was worth it just for that - she made richard some fathers day presents so i know he will love them - its been pouring with rain all afternoon so good for the tanks - have kindermusik in the morning then eliana will go to my parents to play with her cousins - i need to start packing which will be fun with m/s
    hope everyones week is going well

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well and your bubs are behaving well and letting you get enough sleep.

Mel, CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting for you. I'm glad Richard took the news the news well and is excited about it.

Congratulations to you too Bon on your pink bundle.

Kellee, Yasin is turning into a bit of an odd bod. He used to be very outgoing but he's become quite shy and cautious lately. I'm not too worried - that's just who he is. I am a bit worried about DH's family because they seem to think that there is something wrong with being shy and I don't want them making him feel bad about who he is. I've only just begun to see results from all the work I do in the gym and I've had to resign myself to the fact that I'll probably carry a bit extra until I stop breastfeeding. I'm also trying to keep in mind that I was probably underweight at what I consisdered my ideal weight so I'll never be that slim again.

Jo, we're going to see The Wiggles too. Yasin has suddenly got right into them. We're taking DH's niece and sister too. We forgot to get a present so I just lied and said it was because we were taking them to The Wiggles.

I'm single parenting tonight. DH is at TAFE 2 nights a week now and has decided to work on saturday nights (to pay off the car he bought me) which leaves me alone 3 nights a week. I'm always very happy when I get both the boys off to sleep because every now and then we hit a night where they both keep each other awake. They interact more and more now and its so cute to watch them together. Imran is just crazy about Yasin - he watches him all the time and he thinks he's really funny. Fingers crossed that Yasin sets a good example for him.

well I have not been getting notifications and so have had to catch up oin a weeks news.

wow things are happening!

Mel huge congrats to you, so happy for you all and hope all goes well for your pg and your move too. Eliana will be so excited I bet.

hi to everyone
    I have read your news but have not much time to post atm.

We have sickies everywhere atm
    Jemma was chucking yesterday, Josh has a throat and ear infection, Jordan is coughin but still at school, and Jess is just recovering from the cold, she was chucking too.

So all fun and games here.
    hugs

OMG Michelle, 4 sickies at once :eek: that's got to be tough on you....

Michelle... I know you just have to survive those times, but I can't imagine going through it.

Matilda came home from day care with a runny nose today. I groaned when I saw her... its been going around but everyone else has finished it so I thought we were in the clear, no such luck. She's been having the vitamen c & echinecia tablets but I skipped the weekend... ah well.

Oh Michelle I hope everyone is starting to get better at your place!

Mel - that's cool about moving to Northlakes, I live about 10 mins from there and go to the shops there all the time! That's great that DP was excited.

Christy - love those runny noses...my kids got sick two weeks ago and are better now but still have those runny noses, especially Grace. It's starting to clear up now, though.

Dach - It's lovely when they interact well - Grace is like Imran, she thinks Harry is hilarious and he loves playing up to her. Of course they don't always get along! But I think Harry does set a good example for her, although he has started bossing her around - I think he imitates me :eek: I hope they cope well with the new baby...

Well hope everyone is well.

Yeah unfortunately the runny nose turned more sinister during the night, going to a green discharge yuck. She's a bit run down today so cancelled all plans for a home sick day. Back into our pj's and tv on

Hi gals, just a quickie ... it's my bday today and DH has the day off, so I can't be on long!

Had the best present from Freya last night, she slept from 7pm till 5.15am...wow, she has never even come close to that! Went shopping this morning to pick out my present, got a new dress for summer. Then went out for lunch, so has been a great day!

So sorry to hear about all the sickness...hope everyone makes a quick recovery.

BTW, Mel, glad that Richard took the news well and woohoo for moving to North Lakes, some of our friends live there and it is lovely, such a nice area to bring up kids.

Hi girls

Christy- what a bummer Matilda is sick again, nothing wrong with PJ days lol, they happen alot round here, although I am never in mine lol, sometimes not even much at night.

I was cutting material and stuffing around with the sewing machine till 1.45am and then had to get up at 6.45 when Jemma and Jess were both up. AARGH! My back is sore from bending over on the floor and cutting material too. Jess is all better and so is Jemma. Josh took his medicine to school today and Jordan is looking like she got through it too. So on the mend. Arron is at school tonight so it is just me and he was fishing till 8pm yesterday so barely sen him really lol always the way it goes.

I am reading all the goss but just can't seem to take it all in to do personals. Sorry girls.

I do remeber your Birthday though Jo- so glad Freya was nice to you and sounds like a lovely day too. Hope you have as good a night too.

Michelle- I have started scrapping again. Did 15 pages in 3 days, and still cutting stuff up atm. Of course the house isn't quite clean as I am doing that and sewing ut too bad, I have all day and night to clean lol

OK hugs to everybody

Hello girls,

just a quick one from me. Things have been a bit mad here with the impending move etc. All well here aside from WOlf and Zara being a bit snotty. Zara had a 38.8 deg fever yesterday, this morning it was down to 38. I hope she is getting better. WOlf has slept through 2 nights in a row (maybe because of the cold? dunno... I hope it's here to stay) and Zara gave us 2 shocking nights - very whingy. LAst night wasn't toooooooooo bad, she woke like 3-4 times crying, but the night before she woke like 7 times or so... it was a shocker!

Oh, I hear someone going "Mama, arm!" better get going!

Snowy

Oh, PS
    Mel- congrats!!!!

Hey Snowy
    when is moving day
    Hope your kiddies get better soon. I had Josh go to bed ealry saying he was hot and he slept through dinner. Then he woke up and was crying and carrying on, saying his legs were too sore to walk and his head hurt. In the end I was mad with him cos he was just being over the top. I gave him panadol and he ended up going back to bed. he said he felt like he wpuld throw up so he has a bucket and towels just in case. Man I hope he doesn't start chucking too.
    well I am about to go to bed, very tired lol No wonder.
    bye

How did your night go Michelle? Hope Josh is ok and there was no spew.

Snowy, glad to hear Wolf is sleeping well, hope Zara follows suit for you!

Kellee Guest

Hello everyone! Wow, I still seem to miss out on so much on this forumÖ every time I check thereís another page to read! You naughty chatty things.

Jo Ė I thought you looked great the other day! I really liked your top too. We can be dorks together. LOL Wow at Kaleb sleeping so much. I know that Charlie tends to sleep a bit more when heís going through a growth spurt Ė could Kaleb be doing the same thing? Hope you go well at the markets tomorrow. And happy birthday for the other day too! What a good girl Freya is for giving you such a nice present. Right, she needs to teach Toby a thing or two!

Bon Ė you must be getting so excited! What ideas do you have for names? I canít imagine what it would be like to have a girl, but I suppose itís nothing new to you. Hope Grace still sleeps a bit in the arvos for you when your pink bundle comes along. That time will be nice for you.

Sherie Ė poor little Paige! I donít think you should feel bad about it at all. I had a similar situation with Charlie last year and the dr said it was perfectly understandable that you could mistake bronchiolitis for a cold. We do the best we can. I hope sheís feeling better soon.

Mel Ė Iím so glad that you and DP have sorted things out and that breaking the news went well. North Lakes is lovely Ė my brother works at the golf course out there (heís an apprentice pro golfer) and weíve gone out to visit him a few times and Iíve remarked to Mum about how much Iíd love to live there! So have you got m/s? Bugger. Glad that Eliana had a good time at day care, even if you didnít cope so well!

Dach Ė thatís a shame that the outlaws think thereís something Ďwrongí with Yasin because heís shy. Some people just are, thatís all. Good work going to the gym too! Do you leave the kids in the crŤche there? So cute to hear about your boys interacting. Charlie has just started giggling when Toby laughs, which is cute. He also wanted Toby to come down the slide with him at playgroup today. I love my boys! Hope you guys enjoy the Wiggles. Iíd love to go to a Wiggles concert but Charlie is scared of them. Bugger.

Mitch Ė aagghh, your poor little sick family! I hope theyíre feeling better soon. I can handle most things but I donít deal so well with vomiting. Not looking forward to all the illnesses the kids will get. Yuck.

Christy Ė poor Matilda. Itís really the time for kids to be sick atm, isnít it? Whatís going on with your ticker?

Snowy Ė gosh, you sound flat out! How long until the move now? I hope that Zara is feeling better.

Well, big weekend this weekend. Almost SILís kitchen tea tomorrow (Iím organising it) so Iíll be baking all night tonight. Then the outlaws are coming over to help DH with some work around the house and Iím making them lunch for Fatherís Day, then my family are coming over for Fatherís Day dinner. It never stops, does it? Hope the kids behave for me too!

Oops, I hear a little tiny cry. Hope youíre all well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast