Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #4

Hey Girls

Thought I would drop in and say hi... so hi... LOL

Not even going to bother to say I promise I will try to keep up cause everytime I do say it I never do LMAO. So will give you all a Lachlan update instead.

He is still not toilet trained either, but like to sit on the potty fully dressed. He is also getting into taking his pants & nappy off, so when he does I let him go naked for a while. He is still a bit unsure about sitting on the potty naked but we are getting there slowly. I don't really have time to sit there with him either like I did with Kameron LOL.

He is enjoying being a big brother and loves Ashton to bits. Sometimes he can be a bit rough, but that is just his nature and we only have to say "no gentle" and he is okay. I can't believe in a little over 12mths we will be thinking about getting him into kindy. He will probably start pre-entry to kindy in term 1 2008. Sounds far away but it definitely isn't.

Kameron has to do speech therapy through the kindy, so I have to get Lachlan on the waiting list to have his speech tested through Child and Youth Health, which could take up to 6 months. If they find an issue with his speech then he will get to do early entry to Kindy meaning he would start in just less than 12mths time. I don't think he has any issues though as he talks alot better than Kameron did at the same age.

Anyway.. should do some avatars while I have some quiet time

Love

Happy bday to Yasin!
    Kathryn good to hear you are all goin well it is hard to find the time to get on and for you even harder I can imagie, with extra BB stuff to do, you do a great job.

Bon the bday sounds fun, glad she had a good day.

Christy- you guys are doing a great job with Matilda, and looks like it has all worked out just intime for your bub to arrive. Not long now!!

I am not 100% have a head throat nose thingy, feel crappy. But did have a grat day yesterday at Ikea. Brought stuff I didn't even know I had picked up lol, but also got a table and stools for the girls for xmas and some bits and pieces for jordan for xmas too. Arron spent all day cleaning the house and washing clothes. He said He did 3 loads and that I should have done it during the week pmsl, I did at least 2 oads a day every day, he really has no idea how many clothes these people here wear.

Today I am planning to rest a little....but at the same time sew, have a couple of jobs and heaps of my own stuff to so going to try to get it done and also need to post a couple of parcels.

Anyway have a great day girls
    hugs

Kellee Guest

Hello ladies! Long time no see! Just thought I'd pop in briefly to say hi and see how you all are. My two are going really well... can't believe how fast they're growing up! Toby has got such a cheeky personality and loves laughing at all the things Charlie does. I don't think Charlie quit understands the extent to which he provides Toby with entertainment, but I'm sure they'll be good friends in a few months when they start playing with each other.

I'm so sorry I haven't been around - I haven't had a chance to scratch myself around here lately. We had my brother's wedding, then I had a whole stack of gigs, friends returning from overseas, accompanying music exams... agh! It never stops. So I haven't actually checked BB for probably more than 6 weeks now. There's so much I have to catch up on between this forum and the one for Toby... speak of the devil... must go! Hope you're all well.

Hello Kellee!! Been thinking about you lately. I hope things settle down for you in a little while.

Michelle I hope you are feeling better.

I had the day off today, noice. Went for a walk, had a talk to the baby telling her it was time to come.... LOL.... as most of you remember or where around for Matilda took her sweet time. I just thought for some reason that this one wouldn't take as long.

Going to pick up Matilda now for the arvo. It was nice to have a day off & rest & not do much but eat & walk.

Kellee so so good to know everything is ok!! I also have been wondering how you have been. Busy is a theme around here too lol I think you will be right about the best mates thing, cos my girls are so good together.

Christy, I am waiting waiting for your little girl to arrive lol. so I know that you will be waiting even harder. Like you I was 10 days late with my 1st and then thought it would be fine with the 2nd had to be quicker and he was 7 days late. So that was a crap theory. And the third was 8 days late and induced.....4th time was 2 days early lol. But I am guessing you don't want to wait that long or have 4 bf the earlyness kicks in.

Arron is fishing, Jordan is Trick or treating with her friends and the other kids are actually whinging heaps, Jemma got her face bumped by Josh, Jessica feel over and scraped both knees, joshuas teacher rang today bc he is not behaving at school and she found that strange as he is one of the best behaved in the class and we think we have got to the bottom of it. The **** of a kid who bullies everyone and his 2 mates have been calling him poo boy ever since the term started. She said she has seen them a couple of time wrestling on the floor and she wasn't sure who had started it. I am going to request that they not be in the same class next year. I have not done that in the past but feel it is not fair to put him in the situation where his learning is effeted by some bully. We actually know this childs parents and arron is sort of mates with the dad, so he is thinking about whether to speak to him.

hugs to you all

Wow that would be really hard Michelle... knowing the parents of your child's bully. I wouldn't know what to do.

LOL at waiting for the 4th to come a few days early... DH is adament that there will be no more children atm. He can't handle the "waiting" either.

LOL Christy, patience is a virtue isn't it?????LOL You never know maybe you will have 2 more close together in a few years....and then again maybe/probably not!!

Yeah I am not sure whether it is a good thing or not Arron talking to his mate. I am just surprised that Josh has taken the teasing cos his rule, that he made up for himself (at 7 yo) is he gives people 3 chances and if they keep bothering him he hits them...and this time he has internalised it and not done what he would normally do. I think maybe being 3 kids against him made a difference. Normally nobody picks on him cos he is one of the popular and tough kids. He is not a bully himself. Just shows he has a side that can be gentle and he hurts too just like other kids. I do feel sorry for my little boy.

Hi girls

Quiet in here, we must all be busy! Huge congrats to Christy on the birth of little Jovie!

Not much happening in my world...still pg LOL although I would love for bubba to make an appearance sooner rather than later, I feel about 100 atm!

I have been wondering if I should be trying to get Grace out of the cot and into the toddler bed but it's probably not a good idea only 2 weeks out from my due date. She still likes her cot, so I might just let her stay sleeping in there a while longer. We have the bassinet for the baby anyway.

Anyway hope everyone is well!

A pretty ordinary day in our house. Had Emma at PMH today for about 3 hours with a throbbing headache and the shakes, vomiting bile, blurred vision and feeling faint. Apparently she has a virus *pffft* anyway she has been asleep most of the day and managed to stay in the lounge room for 30 mins at about 5.30 and then went back to bed. I have never had a migraine but all the symptoms she has had today sound a bit like it. Panadol hasn't taken the edge of the headache and I will spend all night checking on her. Back to the doctors tomorrow if all is still not well.

Jack had a huge chuck in the bathroom ... thankfully he always manages to get to the sink!!! Vegemite on toast for him tonight for dinner and then bed where he promplty fell asleep in his clothes!!! No school for him tomorrow.

Asha is healthy *touch wood* and will be at day care tomorrow ... so I can clean this house which didn't get done today.

I am thinking about getting in to bed .. I'm worn out ... Didn't get my Christmas tree today either Mister Christmas was great for the 5 minutes we were in there until Em started to go funny!

Cheers

Oh Kelly what Bad luck with the kids sick, it is draining on us mums too as well as them. Hope they are all up and about very soon.

Bon- Jess was 2 start of sept and she is still in a cot, I figure while she sleeps in it why rock the boat, and with big changes soming you are probably right to just keep things the way they are. I am not sure when she will get her big bed, we have no money to buy it anyway so maybe she will be 3.

I am having a stay at home day, thinking of going shopping on wednesday, paying some laybys and stuff. Need to sit down and think about the present situation to make sure I am on track and see what I still need to get.

I was crook on Friday night, sposedly another viral thing, and we had a wedding Saturday, had a massive headache driving home, which took 1hr and 15mins. was glad to get to bed. Feeling better now though, kids are back at school and can try to get the washing put away. I had a lounge chair and my dingin table full of washing to put away. Where the hell is the washing fairy when you need her.

Catch up again soon

mooshie Guest

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo
    helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

is that an echo i here pmsl , seriously where is everyone, i hope you are all just busy and nothing else. thought i would pop in and start up the chat again girls, hope your littlies are being kind to you all

not much happening in this neck of the woods, still ttc (what else is new with my great NOT track record lol) dh starts a new job tommorrow (after 20yrs at the same place) so that will be weird for him

kids are great, lani has decided she hates santa lol, saw him today and freaked (well thats to be expected lol) and wow that girl all i can say she has got spunk, she has now decided that if i don't give her what she wants not only will she jump up and down and scream at me but she tries to push/punch me with two hands, hmmm a quick 2 min timeout in the naughty corner works wonders.

eg: the other day she runs and opens the pantry (omg why can she turn the knobs lol) and starts whinging for a bickie pointing up high and chanting bikkie mummy bikkie mummy bikkkkkkkkkkkkieeeeeeeeeeeee, i said now lani if you are hungry you can have either an apple or a banana, omg she carried on a treat, so i said right missy that is enough of that behavoiur you need to go into the naughty corner, to which she nodded through her tears and said corner mummy (she certainly knows when she needs time out to chill) anyway after 2mins i went to her and got a hug, then said if you are hungry and apple or a banana, she told me a banana, and i said well you sit down nicely and eat ALL of your banana - well i'll be the little devil ate it all up - STRIKE 1 FOR MUMMY LOL - felt good.

she fell over twice today and grazed her knees pretty badly, gravel rash and all, blood running down you name it (twas at school - note to self get a first aid kit for the car) had to do lots of running around, but had to come home to clean it up and give her a few bandaids, poor little thing tho she screamed in the bath as it was owwing, and she keeps knocking it when trying to get onto things, then after sitting for a while when she gets up to walk she is all stiff and walks with a limp. if it starts to swell or not get any better tommorrow i guess a trip to the docs will me in order.

okay enough of my chitter chatter, look forward to hearing all about everyone and there cherubs

Hi Michelle
    good to hear from you, bugger you are still ttc, and Lani does sound like she is challenging, much like my Jessica really lol. We get the same thing, and after gymnastics today both the girls were eating like horses, most of it is fruit but still they annoy me cos they take a bite rom an apple and leave it somewhere and 2 mins later are getting another.
    I am sewing atm but not having much luck, things always go wrong when I am tired. my feet are so sore, I really just want to crawl into bed, but as arron has been drinking with his mate am giving him time to fall asleep cos he was annoying me lol
    anyway best get a move on
    hugs to all

Hello! Sorry for being MIA as well... having a hard time posting atm. I can't believe so many do it so easily with 2! I guess Jovie's only 2 weeks old. Give us time

Michelle bummer about TTC its so hard. Lani sounds pretty challanging atm, I hope her gravel rash settles

Mitch4now-(just putting a difference on the 2 Michelles...) Argh its hard to get so much done! I can totally understand wanting to crawl back into bed rather than sewing.

The tantrums are fantastic aren't they? Matilda's extreme ones settled but suddenly she's learnt whinging from somewhere??? She will do the same thing Lani does, go to the pantry & open it up & point to something and say "biscuit mummy, lollie" over and over and over and I say "no Matilda you can have sultanas or crackers" And she throws herself on the ground & says "lollie! lollie" over and over again... We do the time out, but she sits there whinging for a lollie the entire time. I think the first few days of Jovie's life we gave into Matilda 3-4 times during a whinging episode and now we have to battle it big time. We just wanted peace after hours of babies crying & Matilda's whinging.

I guess I would take whinging over extreme tantrums anyday.

spiddles Guest

Hey girls..(I think this is the newest thread I got lost *lol*)...Its been a while!!! With work, family and sleep I havent had time. 5 more weeks of work left YAY!!! am just so drained. I have to fight Liam for the toilet, every time I need to go its like "Liam's turn now" and will just sit on his coshie toshie and blow off but not do anything. Does the same at daycare. On weekends I let him run around in his undies or what he calls his "boo boos" I have polished floors so if an accident does happen just need to get out the mop and disinfect. I think its probably the only way her will learn.

How's everyone coping with Christmas??

Christmas???? When is that again? I am living in denial ... although once I finish work next Monday I will have more time to shop. Have to get over Emma's birthday tomorrow first! This time 11 years ago I was in hospital with high BP and being induced! So tomorrow morning at 10.23 (SA time) Emma Kathleen Marie arrived with some help 11 years has gone so quick.

Better get to bed ... it will be an early start in the morning!

Cheers

Kelly- hope Emma's bday is terrific. IKWYM about fast, Jordan was 12 last sept and hs next year, and like you I remember the birth like yesterday. Not fair!!

Well I am almost completely done for xmas just need to pick up one more layby and then the clothes laybys, best I don't go to the shops cos think of more to buy that I don';t need.

can't chat cos have to get the kids ready for little aths
    see ya

We must all be busy these days lol.
    Yasin has started on full-blown lie on the floor of the shopping center and scream tanties. They're doing my head in. Each time I think he can't throw a bigger tantie he proves me wrong. I'm on the verge of lying down next to him and throwing my own but I doubt he would care. Maybe in revenge I should wait until he's a teenager and do it outside his school gates as school is letting out one day - it's a beautiful dream ROFL. He goes to child-care one day a week now and has started to settle in OK so on those days Imran and I get a bit of one-on-one time.
    We're also taking him to kindy gym and he loves it. We had to miss last week because he was feverish and he was a bit sad. He kept asking 'when gym?'.
    Has anyone else's baby started on the why yet? Yasin still doesn't speak very well but he's got why down pat. I try and explain things but I have no idea how much he's underdtanding.

Havent been in here for a while!

Lily turned 2 today. I can't believe how fast it's gone. She's grown up SO much. She just loves being a big sister. Helps out heaps. Like handing me nappies and Charlie dummy when he drops it. She also helps try to feed him his bottle.

She's talking so much now too. Yesterday she said her first 2 word sentence, 'hello mum'. She has got the word 'no' down pat. Has also started asking why! She mostly says 'B' words though, they must be easier.

The tantys aren't as bad now, she's a dream to take out shopping, but if we're busy and she wants something, she wants it NOW. Does a huge screaming babble.

Anyway, thats all for now, gotta go Charlie is crying again.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast