Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #4

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

wow action in the thread at last lol.

yes i guess we are all busy now our littles are growing up and omg christy is that matilda in your ticker - wow hasn't she grown.

i have been pre occupied with the whole ttc thing, but i am slowly getting over that now, we are no longer ttc. i just don't think it is going to happen and i am 38 now so i will just enjoy what we have.

lani is such a lovely little girl, did well with the tt (still in nappies at night tho), she talks well and is oh so cute - her favourite saying is holy cow . still in her cot and will be till probably the end of the year, no need to rush her - she doesn't climb out or anything, so she can just stay in it until we have enough finances to get her a nice bedroom setting (we have just spent over $2,000 on a new bedroom setting for ds - he was in a thomas the tank bed and at nearly 7 was a bit over it lol) so now he has a big king size single, with matching bedroom furniture.

lani is shocking with her eating - she would just rather go without, she seems to live on vegemite sandwiches (on wholegrain lol at least she eats that) and two minute noodles, she flatly refuses to eat whatever i cook and will happily sit there and just not eat - i can't win with her, but hey one day she will come good - we just go with the flow and try not to get to stressed about it (hard tho somedays), she still has her bottle in the morning and at night - doesn't worry me at all, i am in no hurry for her to grow up and she loves it. ummm dummy's yes we still have them but they are only for sleeping etc. she is a good girl we stay bedtime and she says okay mummy and runs to get her dummys tis very cute.

ds is going well - grade 1 now and full of attitude lol.

anyway must go, glad to catch up - lets get this thread live again lol

Yay so good to see you girls back again.

Christy- sounds like Matilda is going great guns. Wish there was more structure at kinder for her. Have you had a meeting with them in regard to what is happening. Damn the tantrums again. It is stressful for you. I cant believe how grown up she looks in the pic, they are both gorgeous girls.

Nessa- have a great weekend hope the wedding is gorgeous

Michelle- so good to hear from you too, and Lani still sounds lots like Jessica. We also have crappy eating habits, but not so bad cos Jess will eat fruit all day and then just not eat vegies. So I don't stress about it much. We ended up putting Jess in a bed because arron did a job at someone's house and they were selling a bedroom setting for $300 so he couldn't help himself. But she was amazing has not gotton out once. She too is still in night nappies, and twice we have accidently forgotton to put a nappy on and she has wet the bed, much to her horror. She too has a dummy just at night. And I am ok with that too. She has until she is 3 so sept it has to go. She is a tiny little thing, still wearing most size one clothes, although I am starting to put some 2 's on her, she weighs prob about 11kgs still too. Josh is in grade2 and cricket mad, Jordan has started year 7 which I can't believe and Jemma is at 4 yo kinder, just turned 4 in Feb, and she loves it. This week we had 2 trips to the shops to find pink boots for the 2 princesses lol

Welcome Julie hope to get to know you better, as for tt, kids do shows signs, like interest in the toilet for one, and taking their nappy off all the time. I wouldn't worry too much, I think that about 2 and a half if you see if they show an interest and if not you can leave ti for a little while longer. one of n=mine tt at 2 and a hlaf took 2 wks, my ds was slower, wasn't ready until 2 and 8 months.

have a good weekend
    Michelle

yeah, i kickstarted our thread again

welcome julie and nessa

sorry 4 smallcaps but got zara on my lap and am typing with one hand while she smears spag all over the place...

@ mitch
    dh would like 4... i dunno about 3 sometimes... (like when they are sick and cranky...) zara and wolf are just too close in age and require so much tlc still, zara is esp clingy (age thing though i think?). i dunno where i would put a 3rd... i have 2 legs for sitting on and 2 arms for carrying... where would i put no.3???
    so i think definitely not before wolf is 3... i need 1 of them to be less clingy...

sorry, got interrupted there...

as to eating habits: shocking here too... Wolf eats vegemite toast and cereal (cheerios, Kellogs K, weetbix) and that's mainly it... sometimes i can lure him into eating a few peas or corn, the other day we got him to eat some steamed carrot but it's sooooooooo hard to get veggies into him. he doesn't eat any fruit other than in puree form. he eats lots of dairy though: cheese, yoghurt, milk... hmmmm.. i am not happy but i guess all you can do is eat a healthy and balanced diet yourself and the kids will follow suit (that's my theory at least)...

Michelle - sorry to hear that the ttc has been frustrating and not yielded anything. You never know... it might still happen (usually when u least expect it). did you conceive your other kids easily? you know, with Wolf i was so sure it would take 6 months, so it came as quite the shock when we fell pregnant first try. but i remember that the whole waiting game was such a killer... and it's just 14 days you have to wait... but they seem like forever... it's got to be hard to do that cycle after cycle after cycle. I can understand you must become quite asborbed in the whole thing. DH and I have friends who basically droppped off the face of the planet for 2 years while ttc (with ivf and everything). even though you are not officially ttcing anymore, my fingers remain crossed.

re. Kindy:
    have your kids cried when you dropped them off? Wolf ALWAYS cries and it upsets me so much. The whole car trip he tells me he doesn't want to go and when he gets there he just clings to me.... i hope it gets better. Friday i asked him why he didn't want to go and he said he didn't have any friends. It almost made me cry ... if this doesn't improve, i might not enrol him for the next term... it's just too hard...

Hi Snowy
    they must do things differently over there. In Aust the first formal kinder (where I am anyway) is 3 yo kinder, and as Jess isn't 3 until SEpt she can't go till next year, after she has turned 3. I could put her in crehe but that costs way more of course and I feel it it fair to leave creche places for kids whose parents work. Or there are play groups where parents go and stay with their child. I do know that when I left Jordan and Joshua at creche at about the same age as wolf, when I worked, they both screamed and cried when I left, and Jordan also used to cry when I picked her up. Maybe he really isn't quite ready and maybe it does stress him out. I took Josh out of care and put him with my cousin who had a child the same age, as I didn't like the way he was. He was fine from then on, never cried when I left him. Good luck with it, it is hard to know what to do and all kids are different too, some LOVE it and others just want to be with their mums LOL

wow im glad this thread is active again though don't know how much i will be able to post soon as my next bubba will be here before i know it

eliana too has shocking eating habits & would live on vegemite, cheese, yoghurt & noodles with the occasional bit of fruit - ive given up worrying aobut it - TT hasnt gotten very far mainly on my part cause my belly is so huge i cant get up in time to get her there!

hope everyone had a great weekend - dont have time for personals - eliana is at daycare & i have a million things to do to get the nursery organised as i find out on wednesday what day they get her out - ive had gestational diabetes & she weighed 3kgs 2 weeks ago so cant see myself going full term to 27/4

OMG Mel- that time has flown, sorry to hear about the diabetes, hope you are feeling ok and that your little girl arrives soon. It is so much harder with a toddler to be pg, so not to worry re the tt, theres heapsof time for that.
    Keep us updated with when the big event is happening

mooshie Guest

how cool to see this thread moving along - yay. things going good here, umm michelle yes lani and jessica do sound soooooooooooooooooooo similar it is scary lol.

snowy unfortunately ttc for us does seem difficult - first time we were off the pill for around 2yrs and just seeing what happens and not actively trying, i then fell preg and m/c at 11wks, we then waited a bit and 8mths later got preg with dd jessie, then we just talked about having another one when jessie was 1 and bang i was preg with jay. with lani it took around 18mths but i had alot of emotional issues then. i guess just with our ages etc it takes a bit longer. i am okay with not actively trying but hey we will see what happens in around a weeks time when i start ovulating again lol.

i have been selling heaps of stuff on ebay - baby and kids clothes no longer required and i have just started listing toys - omg these kids have way way to much stuff - it feels good to declutter but i have a long way to go - we need the cash badly, dh is working but alot has been happening and he is looking for another job - sheesh after being at one company all his life and suddenly he is working and looking at other places - talk about a mid life crises, i think he is having one lol.

i have applied for a job as a checkout chick at nights (starting 2 nights a week) great hours, and money would be great to help pay off the debts we have - you know those naughty plastic cards, once those are done we will save for a holiday every year - that is the goal, however if dh gets another job and the wage is lower then any money i make might just have to make up the shortfall. having said all that i am not confident i will get it, went for a 2nd interview last week and still haven't heard so not looking good - maybe they want the younger ones so they can pay them less, oh well guess i will keep looking for something, i want to be able to stay home during the day and help at school etc, plus to hard organising care for school holidays (there seems to quite a few lol)

anyway i better go, lani is asleep - thank god she still sleeps for 2hrs a day and i need to get some more stuff listed on ebay. she seems a bit knocked around about day light savings, she was ready for a sleep at 11.30 she went and grabbed her dummies and said nap time now mummy, i said hang on lets have some lunch lol she usually goes down about 1pm and i wake her just after 3 so we can get to school.

sorry for the scroller - glad to see you are all doing well and omg mel you are so close to having another, golly seems like only yesterday you were announcing your prg. i will have to stalk you in your pregnancy buddies group.

chat soon

Hi
    Thanks for the welcomes. It's so good to read about the goings on of kids a similar age.

Christy - TT Matilda definitely sounds scary! - How's it been going with the bribery?

Mooshie - Oscar seems similar to lani with the eating thing - he can take it or leave it - eating is far to boring for him when he could be doing other things. He's started eating more fruit and vegies now he see his little brother eating them he wants a go! Wow i admire you for trying for an evening job, i know as soon as my littlies are in bed i turn to mush after attempting to make the house not look like a bombsite!.

Mitch4now - Glad to hear of other small toddlers - all Oscar's size 2 shorts and trousers fall round his ankles if he doesn't wear a belt! I think he's about 12kgs. (in-laws were over for 3 1/2 weeks last month and thought we weren't feeding him enough junk food - i ask you - can you ever win??)

Nessa - have a great holiday with the family.

Mel - not long now for #2 - good luck.

I think after reading about everyone's TT exploits i will definitely leave it a bit longer. Am not sure how long though as we are going over to the Uk in August for 5 weeks - on one hand it would be great to not have to worry about nappies (at least in the day - can't imagine being able to change a 2 1/2year old on the plane - those tables are so small) but then if it's not going great it will be such an unsettling time for him anyway so i wait until we come back?? Hopefully he'll let me know!

Julie x

HI Girls

Michelle- hope you get the job, it is good for us mummies to do some grownup stuff. Hope your dh finds a good job too.Yay at still having Lani sleep for 2 hrs, that is amazing, we don;t get that here anymore. Jess has about 1 hr if I am lucky and never in bed, always on the couch. She sleeps in her bed fina at night but won't get in in the day.
    I am trying to declutter too , have been through Joshua's room and have a huge box of toys, Jordan went through hers, but I still need to have a look and see if there is any crap in there. I have changed Jems room around and am keeping all the stuff out till i have sorted it out. Sold a couple of things at my gfs garage sale too.

Nessa- I think that the baby gows uo and then gives it back to the toddler lol they just don't seem to be able to be gentle, but the younger one ends upo being able to pay the older one back. You really do have to just watch them all the time. Glad you had a good holiday too. Is hard with 2 little ones, you seem to need so much stuff.

Julie- the UK sounds nice, do you have family over there? I think you are right tt and travelling is tough!

Well school hols have started, Josh has been in trouble twice in the first day, so can imagine how it is going to be for the 2 weeks. Jordan has a friend sleeping over, so Josh has to be annoying. And Jordan put a movie on bf and said it was too old for the little kids, so she had to turn it off. I need to start organising stuff for our holiday and also have brought NO easter eggs yet. What a crappy easter bunny I am lol

mooshie Guest

hi there

well i feel like crap lol my throat feels like i have swallowed a million razor blades, thanks to ds who brought a croupy, croaky, throaty virusy type thing from school - he is fine, lani had it but seems okay and me oh well i just got the full throttle lol. thank god ttc has been put on the backburner i am dosed up on codral, cough medicine and strepsils - i rattle when i walk lol.

i did get the job Woohoo and i start training in a couple of weeks - things are still up in the air about dh and his job tho - oh well no use stressing over it.

holidays been boring so far cause mummy isn't well, but jay has been drawing posters for the easter bunny and leaving them all around the house along with some homemade baskets for all the eggs lol it is so cute - when you mention the easter bunny to lani she goes all silly and runs in circles clapping and yelling chocolate (she says it like a french person chooooooocoooooooooolate) it is very nice.

sorry for the lack of personals but i am going back to lay on the couch

Hi there

Nessa - I'm not sure about the bigger ones growing out of being rough with the little ones but my big one seems less rough nowadays although i still watch him like a hawk as he has a habit of accidently (?) pushing Bub over. Does also seem better now bub can crawl so at least he can get away if he wants but mine seems like he's glutton for punishment and stalks Oscar!

Mitch4now - all our family are over in the UK as we only moved over here 4 1/2 years ago ourselves. We had our citizenship interview yesterday so just need to attend the ceremony and we're fully fledged Aussies!(or Paussies as one of our mates says for mix of Pom and Aussie!)

Mooshie - well done on getting the job and hope you feel better soon.

Anyone seen 'Shaun the Sheep' on ABC at 8am? Oscar loves it and is going round the house saying 'Shaun Sheep' and 'More Sheep' all the time. Have to say i'm quite into it myself!

Julie x

Julie- congrats on the citizenship that is great. WIll you be having a party or something when it goes through? Will be lovely to go back and visit then!! Haven't seen the sheep, bit early for us, no TV on school days and kids have slept in last 2 mornings so haven't seen it. Sounds cute though.

Yay Michelle on the job, bad news about getting sick though. Two of mine are coughing and have runny noses, its not fair on the holidays to get sick, neither the kids or you. Get well soon!!

We are going to the pub for half price night but can't go till 7.45 as it is packed out. We need to book for next week a week in advance so we can get in at a reasonable time. The meal better be good lol if I have to wait till then to eat.

HI nessa
    my little ones love being nude, so it is a regular thing here too, and yes lol lucky she doesn't strip outside of the house. Hope you feel better very soon.

OH NO we have slipped back onto page 2 again!!

Easter came and everyone went AWOL, huh?

Well, kindy is much better now, Wolf does not cry that much anymore, once he actually just waved without looking at me (not today though.. bugger). It all changed when they had baby chick for Easter... he would not stop talking about them in the car. It was so cute. All the kids loved them. I told the principal to get a new animal every week

As to baby no.3
    Currently I am leaning towards no no.3 ... *sigh*... but who knows... maybe I'll change my mind in a few months. DH would really like 1-2 more, but luckily he's not pushing.

No advances on toilet training here... pooed in the toilet once, pees before bath time but that's it unfortunately. I guess it will all come with time (and boys take longer anyway, right?)

Snowy

HI

Snowgirl - our boys are similar ages and i haven't even started attempting TT so you are doing better than us!
    Nessa - sorry to hear you keep hurting yourself - hope you're better soon. Wow - Annika is really doing amazing things for her age.

Oscar has abit of a tummy bug at the mo but nothing too bad. He's doing ok with speaking tough not non stop like Teleah! he had abit of a day on Tuesday when we went to my walking groups and started pushing and hitting a few of the girls which i found really upsetting but have got some good advice from soem BB girls which i will be trying out if he starts doing that sort of thing again.

Glad this thread has woken again! Take care all

Julie x

mooshie Guest

hi girls

omg i hear you on the never shutting up lol. lani's latest is either pllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeease can i mummy or come on hurry up mummy, oh and also counting omg we go for a walk and it is number this number that, and god help me if i don't say that's right it is number (whatever)

very cute and very busy

i am going well, having an absolute ball with working have finished training so going to be starting my first proper shift next week and i can't wait, it is so nice to put on my uniform and do the hand over to dh, knowing he will be doing the dinner, bath, bottle, bed - then reader, homework etc etc with ds as well, he said to me the other night gees it is hard to sit down and relax between 5pm and 7pm. dh is out of work again LONG STORY, but hopefully he will get a job soon (has a few on the go) and money can come in, as it is quickly and i mean quickly running out.

okay gotta rush, heaps to do catch you all

Hi there!

Michelle, sorry to hear DH lost his job. But yeah on you starting your first real shift! What are you doing?
    Sounds like we have quite a few talkative little monkeys, hey? (2004 was the year of the monkey after all). I keep on getting remarks about how well (and how much) Wolf speaks. I find it so nice to be able to reason with him now (though he not always sees reason...)

Nessa - sounds like Annika is a bit like Zara. She is also very skinny. She still doesn't weigh 10kg and has been officially diagnosed as being underweight... *sigh* - but she eats like a horse, so what can you do? I think she is just a skinny person (and her girlfriends will hate her if she stays that way: being able to eat everything and stay thin, lol)

Julie - arrg on the tummy bug, Wolf has diarrhea i noticed today (that's why he didn't want to come into the bath tub... it smelled soooooooo bad... yuck)

Snowy

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast