Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #10

Bec, huge hugs hun. I know it's probably not the answer's you were after but maybe now you have some explanation as to what is causing or contributing to Eliza's tantrums and frustration. Who did you go to see ??

Simone, Hoping you got that norty cat and put her away lastnight. Good to hear the director got the sack too. Fingers crossed the next one is heaps better.

Tehya is awake and dry again so that makes 4 nights. She was wet yesterday morning but I think that's because Mark put her nappy on too early the night before and she did the wee before she went to sleep, because when she got up she did her huge morning wee again.

Noah's face is healing nicely, thank God. Forgot to tell you. We found Tehya's bed on Thursday, we decided to go with a white wooden bed, it's very nice. Anyway, while we were there, the shop assistant took Noah and Teh over to her desk so they could dra a picture while we talked. Teh decided to draw on her face and hair with green highlighter, the poor lady nearly died. Then when I checked Noah's picture out he told me it was of the lady. Upon closer inspection I saw 2 little circles on whaty would be her chest. Yep, that's right, he drew her BOOB'S !! I asked him what they were and he confirmed it. The lady's face went so red. But she was taking it home to show her boyfriend. LOL. Thankfully she was a really nice person, only young too. I think I would've been the embarassed one if she were older.

Mark wanted to bring her home with us, but that wasn't happening.

Had a fantastic storm here lastnight. Perfect way to finish off a steaming day. Loads of lightening and thunder.

Pulled Teh's carseat out and washed it all lastnight. Smells much nicer now

They Deb are the pediatric speech and delayed team at the Geelong Hospital and a private infant speach pathologist
    And anything to do with Eliza to me is serious.
    Anyway enough of my dreary news, I'll just be a lurker until I start not to feel like a failure and dont get teary reading about your kids achievements
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh Bec... of course I didn't mean that it's not serious to you... sorry, bad wording (twas late at night). I meant maybe it's just a minor delay that she'll be able to work through with therapy etc. Of course you're worried... but PLEASE don't feel like a failure! There are so many children out there that have learning difficulties that, with help, can work through them etc. Your little girl is amazing and gorgeous and just as bloody wonderful as all our kids so please, please, please don't feel that our children's achievements are something that Eliza can't achieve aswell.

Oh Bec, huge hugs hun. You are certainly not a failure and neither is Eliza. She will get there, even if it does take alittle longer than others. I guess that just makes her achievements all the more special as she has to work harder for them.

Marks niece is delayed in a few things. She is now 4 and is a sweet little girl. She still likes to have her bottle though (don't get me on that one) but for the most part she is doing great. We aren't sure if she will be starting school next year or if she will be held back an extra year. Her language skills are starting to pick up and she is able to communicate alot better. This is certainly not the be all and end all of her.

BEc, you're not a failure. You've the most wondereful parent, and such a lovely person.... PLEASE dont lurk, post every little achievement of Eliza's. We love hearing them all! Here for you hun if you need to escape the a day, you know where i am (tulla ) and you're always welcome for a cuppa, Eliza can come play with Declan and Xander.

BE back soon for more personals...

Bec - It'll be OK. I'll talk to you before then, but I hope the appt goes brilliantly. Besides - we can all be jealous of your washboard abs in a few weeks time
    I jumped on the scales this morning, and they aren't as good as I thought they would be. I'm seriously considering hitting a big diet rather than joing the gym, but I dont want flabby skin. I just dont know how to find the time to exercise the way I want to. Walking a pram is all very well, but I need to go running to get fit for netball in a month. I have booked in early for my 6w checkup, so I can get the all clear from our GP and start running int he morning. My lochia has settled down a heap, so I guess thats all I need to worry about? And I havent had a pelvic floor accident yet - even when sneezing - so that area should be OK.

Anyway - Shane is playing cricket today, so I am having my first whole afternoon of 2 kids by myslef. Shoudl be interesting come dinner time, but I guess the HAB will come out and be used if Hamish is being a beast (or is it if Jenna is being the beast.... ?)

Thats the best thing about HABs Fi, i use mine when Anneliese is being a whingy little girl when to need to get stuff done... She normally nods off in it!!

Bec, we're all here for you hun...

Simone - Jenna practically grew up in the HAB. It was great, and Shane loved using it. We didn't use so much around the house as generally I would just sit with jenna and watch TV if she wasn't sleeping, but we used it out and about alot. Through airports, every week at netball, out to dinner, at basketball games etc etc etc.... It was invaluable.

So quiet in here tonight!! Where are you all...

Simone, everyones too busy caught up in your other thread

How you feeling hun ?

Bec, I came across this and thought I would share it with you. I hope you don't mind. I found it quite powerful and thought you might like to read it.

Welcome to Holland
    by
    Emily Perl Kingsley.
    c1987 by Emily Perl Kingsley. All rights reserved
    I am often asked to describe the experience of raising a child with a disability - to try to help people who have not shared that unique experience to understand it, to imagine how it would feel. It's like this......
    When you're going to have a baby, it's like planning a fabulous vacation trip - to Italy. You buy a bunch of guide books and make your wonderful plans. The Coliseum. The Michelangelo David. The gondolas in Venice. You may learn some handy phrases in Italian. It's all very exciting.
    After months of eager anticipation, the day finally arrives. You pack your bags and off you go. Several hours later, the plane lands. The stewardess comes in and says, "Welcome to Holland."
    "Holland?!?" you say. "What do you mean Holland?? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've dreamed of going to Italy."
    But there's been a change in the flight plan. They've landed in Holland and there you must stay.
    The important thing is that they haven't taken you to a horrible, disgusting, filthy place, full of pestilence, famine and disease. It's just a different place.
    So you must go out and buy new guide books. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have met.
    It's just a different place. It's slower-paced than Italy, less flashy than Italy. But after you've been there for a while and you catch your breath, you look around.... and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills....and Holland has tulips. Holland even has Rembrandts.
    But everyone you know is busy coming and going from Italy... and they're all bragging about what a wonderful time they had there. And for the rest of your life, you will say "Yes, that's where I was supposed to go. That's what I had planned."
    And the pain of that will never, ever, ever, ever go away... because the loss of that dream is a very very significant loss.
    But... if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things ... about Holland.

I've seen thqat before Trish, isnt it gorgeous?? i thnk Nola (specialchild) sent it to me...

Hey girls why so quiet in here ???

We went out looking at more furniture shops today. Have a guy coming over tomorrow afternoon to give us a quote on built in 's for both Noah and Tehya's rooms. Still have to sort out painting her room and get to the big boys room. So much work to be done. No money to buy everything to do it all. Ho Hum. LOL.

Teh has been throwing a few good tanty's lately. Real feral ones. Throws things, lays on the floor kicking and screaming. It's very hard not to respond to her or smack her bum. Shhh.

She was asleep in the loungeroom but just woke up. Still sleepy though. Fingers crossed we get some sleep tonight.

Hope all mummy's and bubbys are doing well

Debbie Lee Guest

Teh has been throwing a few good tanty's lately. Real feral ones. Throws things, lays on the floor kicking and screaming.
    I hear you Trish. Gabby is the tanty queen. Even threw one with Neil yesterday while we were crossing the road all because he was holding her hand and wanted her to wait in the middle whilst a car drove past (God forbid he didn't want her to get run over). When they got to the other side she tried to run back onto the road! OMG! She went FERAL when we wouldn't let her...throwing herself to the ground screaming... right infront of a heap of people. So embarrassing!

Declan too!! And they are so close to graduating to the Terrible 2's now... only 2 months to go here!! :eek: and then Anneliese will be turning 1 3 months after that... my little girl's nearly 1 already!!

Maybe its just something in the air for the march babies??

Just enjoying my first night with the kids back, they have just headed off to bed. Im not looking forward to going to bed on my own, im used to cuddling up to a warm body at night

Simone, if the bed feels too empty just drag one of the kids in. They'll keep you warm. Me, I love to sleep in the bed by myself.

I think Teh is the first one to turn 2 out of us that still post in here. It's coming up way too fast for my liking.

Deb, OMG at the tanty in the middle of the road. Norty Gab. LOL. Why is it they think they know best. Hmm if this is what our little ones are like now, imagine them at 15 !!

Tehya has taken to putting everything between her legs ??? We're thinking we'd really better start shoving undies on her. Mark said he doesn't mind her table dancing when she gets older, but doesn't want her popping out ping pong balls She is dancing around naked to So You Think You Can Dance.

Noah is still asleep. Taking a big risk. He will probably be wide awake at 4 in the morning. Oh well, Mark has to deal with him

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Mark said he doesn't mind her table dancing when she gets older, but doesn't want her popping out ping pong balls
    :eek: LOL Trish, how nordi of Mark to say that, PMSL!!

XH is on his way over (feels good to say that) to have chats, told him i wouldnt let him in without a mini m'n'm's mcflurry.... felt like one all night, now i get one, without even having to leave the house!! SCORE!!!

Deb - dont you just love the tantrums in the middle of the road?? I usually just give the kids a quick smack on the bum (shhh) and drag them off... but im a bad mum *shrug*!!

Jack is certainly doing the tanty thing too although he hasn't thrown any REALLY bad ones yet. Hopefully he won't! I think he might the first to turn two in this group - 12/02 so we are getting pretty close now. He is the best big brother though!

We took Jack to see the Thomas the Tank Engine display at the Railway Museum in Ipswich today. He loved it. The whole way home in the car he said "go to see trains, one more time" and held up 1 finger for one more time.

Simone, did I miss something? When did DH become XH? How are you doing?

Bec, I hope you are feeling ok. All kids are different and special. It doesn't matter how quickly they learn to talk - they are still wonderful and we are all great mums!

Trish, I love that story. I have friends with a 14 month old who was born 16 weeks premmy. He is obviously quite delayed in a lot of areas although doing amazingly well considering. I will send his mum that as I think she'd really like it.

Fi, how are you going with the bub? He sounds like he's a much better sleeper than Thomas. Tom is actually quite a demading bub, such a shock after Jack. But I think he's improving. Thank goodness actually as I have both boys by myself for 8 days from Tuesday while DH is away. I might have a nervous breakdown in that time!!

Hi to everyone else.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast