Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #12

Shannon: lucky you werent avoiding me then lol
    Do you go to playcentres at all? if you do there is one at burpengary that i think isnt too far from you that we could meet at, or otherwise we can meet somewhere else down that way

Trish: OH no to him starting it and being in year 7!

me either lol because its at morayfield PMSL, i am not good with directions lol

Oh Shannon, don't apologise hun. I knew when I posted it that people would laugh - hey I would have laughed if someone else had posted it! I was just pointing out that I wasn't ready to laugh at it yet!! Anyway, I got my laugh. DH had laughed when he read the email, then on Sunday when he was the one who found the pooey nappy on the floor and poo all over the playroom and had to clean it up, I got to laugh!! Karma I say LOL!!

Great tip about putting the nappy on backwards - it could work with a BBB if I put the big insert at the back - hmm, might have to try that one.

Hi everyone else. I'm working today so have to keep this short.

OH ETA - Shannon, I hear you on the sleeping thing. Jack still sleeps at day care but at home seems to have completely dropped the day sleep. He still has to stay in his room for an hour though to "rest" (which really means play with toys). But then he is so grizzly and naughty in the afternoons and sometimes falls asleep before dinner (and sleeps through). So I'm not sure what to do, I have tried EVERYTHING to get him to sleep. Must be the age!
    Last edited by MantaRay; October 1st, 2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: add

Hi Girls

How are we all?

We`re back from our 2 weeks holiday last month, firstly went to Canberra for 5 days then Melbourne for 5 days then onto Eden for 3 days before heading home, we had a great time but would have been better if one of the older boys wasn`t going through such a dreadful teenage stage. 4 of us also came down with a virus, it hit Michael and myself really hard and by the time we got to Melbourne we were so sick we only visited Soverign Hill, by the time we got home I had a secondary infection which required AB`s.

We have since gone and brought our own caravan, it`s just what Mark needs, it`s lifted his spirits up, it`s just going to take 5 years to pay it off, oh well as long as we enjoy it, we went away to Port Macquarie in it the first week of the school holidays, we did nothing except relax.

Matthew`s doing well, he`s growing up too fast, always doing something new each day.

Adrian is well and is very nearly walking, which Matthew loves holding onto Adrian`s hands and walking with him, just at times Matthew`s walk to more like a run. Adrian`s still not sleeping through at night, most days we`re down to just twice a night getting up to him but this last week it`s been every 2 hours.

Have had a number of problems with Mark`s X, involving the boys not seeing Mark as often as they use to, she seems to be playing games with them.

Dee: nice to hear from you again, how horrible that you got so sick on a trip away, what a bummer, gggrrr to having X dramas still
    I nearly ended up with my niece living here as well, she is 15 but she is now staying with her teenage cousin, hope that it works out for her, she knows we are here if needed anyhow

Shannon: you avoiding this meet up again huh??? hehe, hope all is ok with you and the girls

Hey to everyone else

Dont know if mentioned but Cooper is walking now, started about a week ago, still only short stints but he is starting to stretch them out,finally caught it on video tonight

everyone else is going pretty well, Mason is driving us up the wall, he is so high maitenence, i remember Luke being a lovely quiet toddler, not so with Mason at all, Cooper is very much like Luke, very laid back so i am hoping he stays that way, would go insane with two Masons!

everyone has dissapeared again

how are you all going??

I just posted here i thought but it didnt post, strange
    ETA: did end up posting, anyhow you get to read two posts from me now

Anyhow was wondering how everyone was going

Not long at all for you now Trish, hope everything goes well for you

All is ok here, nothing too exciting to add, Mason is going great and talking great, pushes his luck most of the time though

Cooper is still great and quiet so far, he is slowly starting to stick up for himself with Mason but hasnt beat him yet lol

otherwise not well today so talk later

I am bumping this up.

How are all the little people going ??

Tehya is coping with being a big sister by being a right PITA lately. For a child that was rarely sooky she sure has turned. Don't get me wrong, she loves Abbey to bits and constantly wants to cuddle and love her up. Sometimes abit too much.

She goes back to daycare this week. Will be her first time without Noah there. Not sure on how she is going to cope. Even though they were in seperate rooms last year she knew he was just through the door and would often join him.

Noah starts big school this year, so a big step happening for us.

Lord only knows how I will get us all ready and at school by 8.45am. Not like it's easy getting in the shower around here in the morning.

I hope all are well and kiddies are growing nicely

Hello...

Nice of you to bump Trish - it meant I got to see it

We are all fine here in NZ. Jenna and Hamish are going great gunus. Would love to night train Jenna, but I'm too lazy She starts kinder in a few weeks. I hope! Ihaven't heard back from her kinder, so I'm hoping they have held her place! She's going to the Montissori preschool which is only 1km away - as close as any of the other kinders.
    We get 20 free childcare hours a year in NZ, so luckily the Monti has got this going towards their programme, so we have a voluntary fee of $2 per hour - shes going 3 monrnings, so its only $18/week. Thats doable! When we went for our look through, she joined in with the otehr kids on the mat, and didn't bat an eyelid. I think she will lvoe it.

Hamish is good - he is starting to run around now, and trip over. He is a tough nut, and just such a cutie!! Shame he STILL doesn't sleep. In his near 13m he has slept through til 4am 6 times. It sucks!!!

Other than that no news - Teachers college starts in 4 weeks, so that will be exciting. I have joined the gym to lose 15kg and we have heaps to do on the new house.

Hope everyone is fine

Fi, sounds like Hamish sleeps like Tehya. And yes, she's still a shocking sleeper. Abbey is better than her !!

Sounds like Jenna is going to love her school, our babies are growing up too fast hey.

Ohhh how exciting with your teachers college. I'm sure you'll make a great teacher Mrs Fi

Good on you for joining the gym. I really need to do something to shift these kgs too. Hanging around my mid section and a$$ something shocking.

Trish: congratulations on the birth of your daughter, probably a bit late but havent been in for awhile

Fi: just noticed you moved countries, checked out your blog, pics look great, hope its all going well

hope everyone else is well

talk later
    Last edited by Belinda; January 29th, 2008 at 09:11 PM.

Hi Belinda, good to see you back around. Thanks for the congrat's. How are your boys going ? Hope all is well.

I am here too
    Its so good to see some familar faces around here again.
    Eliza is well Eliza...full of beans and does not stop bit like the "energizer bunny"
    Why I ever worried about her speach has me scratching my head she is full of words that I just can not even imagine where she has heard them

At the moment she is sleeping well , eating well , behaving at daycare something will go wrong shortly as we only get these spells for a few weeks at a time. I am still working part time which isnt too destressing on the "precious one". She still likes to make me feel bad when I walk in from work usually late and chirping up something along the lines of " Oh look Daddy Mummy is finallllly home" I like to think Nick has drummed it into her poor little brain.

We are doing IVF at the moment so heres hoping it works faster than what it did with Eliza lol but she is facinated with watching me do injections in the morning ...I am really worried about having to take her to a internal scan on Friday . I can see her at daycare trying to show the little girls about the white wand..hmm might ring mum and see if she wants to come now I think about it.

I cant believe our little ones are neally 3 it is so sad, she still is that little baby that wouldnt eat to me but now can down a 6 nuggett happy meal and a big mac oh and sometimes an apple pie. Nick cant get away with giving it to her now or getting her just chips as she chirps up "I want a happy meal 6 nuggets no sauce" I say that is gifted.
    OK so you see I am a bad mother and just want to point out Eliza is lucky to get McD's a fortnight usually when I am at work and Nick is "giving" her a treat to make up for the fact her mother abandons her. "his words not mine" pmsl.

Fi: Did you send that email thru yet..I'll go to the shop tomorrow and see what I can find!
    Trish: Abbey is so sweet..makes me teary yes very emotional. I cried yesterday as I couldnt find my cheque book rofl.
    Thats us a family of 3 , 2 rabbits (hoping they die very soon) alot of crappy plastic toys and cars that always get stood on and a child that loves to say "mummy" chants all day long
    Bec

Bec, good to see you around huni. Eliza still sounds so much like Tehya it isn't funny. Not sure if it would be a good thing or a bad thing to put the 2 girls in the room together. I'm sure both could do a little teaching of all the good things to do

Why would you be a bad mum for getting Macca's, I'm a bad mum if I don't get it apparently My kids usually have it of a Wed after swimming. It's my bribing power to make them swim well, besides that way they are fed when I get home and Tehya can have her nap. See it all balances out, LOL.

Good luck with the IVF too, I hope you get that BFP nice and fast. And that you have a sticky and healthy pregnancy. PMSL at Eliza showing the other girls the white wand too. OMG could you just imagine it. You might be "news" for the day.

Oh, hope your rabbits die soon for you. HAHA, Just leave them out the back in the heat

Hello hello!!

We're all going well here Zander is starting his first day of preschool next Wednesday which is very exciting. He's pretty well toilet trained other than nights, but I haven't tried nights yet to be perfectly honest. He still has a very firm attachment to his dummy for his sleeps, but we're going to try & ditch it very soon using the "big preschool boys don't need dummies" line. He amazes me every day with things that he says & does, like actually trying new foods at the moment!!! I call him chicken quite often and the other day he says to me "Come on chicken, let's go" hehehe!!

He is very excited about having a baby sister. Tomorrow he's going to be helping us paint the walls in her new room. He was desperate to help today, but I didn't really want the skirting gloss all over the walls to try & paint over! Everything in that sense is great, pregnancy is going well no complaints at all.

Bec I had Zander with me for all of my internal u/s and BTs etc which was fun fun fun!! He always wanted to help the nurse with the needles LOL, maybe he'll be a Dr one day. The u/s were fine, I just made sure he had a colouring or reading book with him & he sat in the chair at the head of the bed. Hopefully she'll only have to sit through one cycle of scans etc

Sounds like it's busy busy in Fi's world at the moment!! Nothing different there I see....

Poor Tehya, hopefully once she gets back into a routine of day care etc.

My little guy started at preschool on Wednesday last week (photo here). He was so good, I was just amazed at how he handled it. We got there & packed away all of his things then he was allowed to go outside to play. He went out without his hat so after I finished organising part of his lunch in the fridge I took it out to him. I gave him a kiss & a cuddle telling him I was going home now & he said ok. He turned & saw some trucks & said "oooh trucks, I go play?" and that was it!!! I had a few tears on the way out

I picked him up & he had to show me where he did his painting & the sand pit LOL! So we went home & he talked non-stop all afternoon about the things that he did & all about his teachers (Anne & Kylie). I spoke with my sister that evening & she said they were all absolutely amazed at how grown up he is He did everything he was asked when some of the bigger kids in his room refused to. He ate most of his lunch, but finished the rest when he got home & was involved in everything. He had an *almost* accident though, the pants he had on were too hard for him to get down so he dribbled a little, so they will be home pants for now on!

One thing I was amazed about was that Jenny (the director that has been there for 30 years, actually taught my friend Wade!) said that he was a very bright little boy. She was stunned at his sentences - she asked him to hop off the trampoline because it's one at a time & he said "my daddy jumps on the jumpoline (hehe) with me at home" - apparently that's a really long sentence for a little boy She was the one that suggested maybe colour blindness is his issue with colours.... He knows lots of other things but simple colours of red, green & blue he struggles with. So we'll see how he goes through the year.....

Other than that he's a real daddy's boy at the moment, I'm not allowed to get him dressed, help him with the toilet or anything. So it's a nice little break for me over the weekend

Baby girl is doing very well. We're pretty well set on Juliette Catherine for her name which is very exciting Another long one again, but that's cool! Her room is almost finished, I'm getting some pictures delivered this week & then it's all finished except for the piece-de-resistance which is causing aunty Cai no end of drama.

Sarah, woohoo for Zander and his big boy day at preschool. Our babies are growing up. Good thing we have new ones hey

Poor Zander and his dribbles too. I went to pick Tehya up from pre school on Friday and she had diff pants on, I was like Oh no. The teacher says to me, Oh she went to the toilet, she just stood up to wee like the boys instead and peed on herself. PMSL, that's my girl - the one that thinks she's a boy.

Nice name too Sarah. You couldn't have a short one after Zanders name, would sound weird.

Noah has started school and is loving it. Tehya is enjoying being back at day care. I went to the one next to Noah's school when he started and put her name down there. It's a pre school as opposed to a day care so should be better for her, and for me. Mean's I only have to go to one school, not to 2 diff directions. Hopefully they can a place there for her soon. But it will mean pulling her out of somewhere that she is totally comfortable She's been going to that daycare since she was born for Noah.

Hello Girls,

Remember me!!!!!! Looks like I`m not the only one missing from here.

Thought I`d pop in to say Happy Birthday to all the little ones who`ve turned 3 already, I hope they all had a wonderful day.

I can`t believe Matthew will be 3 in under 5 weeks the time has gone so fast, he`s doing really well although not toilet trained, I have tried so many things but he always has some type of reply usually 'Adrian can wear pants" or "Adrian sit on potty, me watch" where he then goes and sits on a stool watching Adrian on the potty, he knows all about going to the toilet for wees and poos but for some reason he doesn`t want to do it himself, we`ll get there one day, I`ll probably have both boys trained at once.

The boys get on so well, it makes my heart melt when they are walking hand in hand together, Matthew is very protective of his little brother.

Adrian himself is doing well, going through a stage of having dreadful trantums atm and still not sleeping at night, a few weeks back I was getting up to him every hour throughout the night for about 4 weeks in a row, now he`ll sleep for 2 or 3 hours before waking but will often be awake for a while before going back to sleep, the last two nights have been quite bad, oh well one day he`ll sleep through, he`s still being breastfed, although I really want to wean him but can`t with all his waking up at night it`s the easiest way to stop the screaming.

Wow Sarah not long to go now, how are you feeling? Bet Zander is excited about his baby sister.

Trish - How`s darling Abbey?

Oh better go the phone`s ringing
    hope your all well

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast