Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #7

I'm sure they were designed by a man Simone lol
    Fi: OMG tomorrow we are down to single figures...I'm not organised pmsl
    Bec

Thanks for the tips Simone, will give that a try, i thought i might just try him in the bed for days sleeps first for a week then do night as well, will see how it all goes anyhow and saves me having to buy another cot for a few months use for Cooper, going to pack cot away for a few weeks then bring it back out

Fi, YAY good girl for starting on your bag. I had nice smelly shower stuff for after had Noah too. It was a nice pick me up afterwards.

Cute Jenna with her pretties, I bought Tehya some for Xmas. Those little teddies are cute hey. Noah and Tehya got given one too of Santa, just for going for a chat.

Belinda, Hope you can train your kids to sleep in then. It's all going to change when they start school though. Hope the transition into the big bed goes well for you.

Simone, I love coconut stuff too. The body shop has a great range of it all. Sounds like you had a pretty easy day today. Lucky girl. I wish Tehya would pay attention to her bubba's too, that would be good.

Bec, YAY for having a great night. I only wish Tehya would settle for Mark, that only happens when I'm not home, well, there's a plan LOL at Eliza and her hat fussiness. It's only going to get worse as she gets older I bet. These strong minded little girls we have.

Tehya likes me to give her bubbies booby too, everything we do with her has to be shared to the bubba's. She will give them booby too though, good mummy she is. I have kept some of her old little clothes and blankies for her dollies for when she gets older. Doll's clothes are too expensive. She is getting Baby Chou Chou (santa)and Baby Born (my grandfather)for Christmas and lots of baby stuff, high chair, porta cot, Baby Born pram, so I think we wil be all babied out soon enough. Oh well, that's why I wanted a pink one

She failed her swim lesson again too. was going great, turned herself over on the first push in and floated for about 9 minutes, then I got up to pay fee's and distracted her and hshe sank. OOPs had to start again then.

Better go, Noah and Tehya have climbed into Tehya's cot together.

Trish: Already have Luke at school so dont get out of that one, but we are late a lot lol

Hope the swimming goes well next time, also just checked out your website, she is lovely

Ahh yeah so you do Belinda. Sorry I thought of that when I was posting. It's a pain hey. I used to enjoy school holidays because I could sleep in. Then I went and had 2 more kids that don't sleep !!!

Thanks for the compliment too. I think she's pretty lovely too. Well, most of the time.

Hope everyone else had a great day and that all little people sleep good tonight.

Well the little people here arent sleeping well at all, Cooper was very unsettled for ages earlier but now sound asleep, Mason is yelling out every half an hour or less, think its his teeth playing up on him, i stopped responding to the yelling so i think he has given up now, mmm nope he hasnt

I am on here printing photos for christmas card send outs, only chance i have without the helpers as you all know

nite

Belinda, sorry you had such a shocker of a night. I hope you managed to get some sleep. LOL at the "helpers" too. I know exactly what you mean there.

Mark's stupid alarm went off this morning and he was in bed with Noah. By the time I woke to it Tehya was awake too. Then Mark walks into the room just as I was getting her back to sleep.

Tehya has a lovely name for the cat. He doesn't really have a name around here as such. But this morning when he come into the house as Mark left, I was calling him puss, puss come out. Tehya says P00F, P00F. LOL, poor cat.

She is a brave girl, I just saw her grab her slipper and chase something to squish, on closer inspection she has killed a daddy long legs. Noah would be off screaming somewhere if it came near him.

Hope all have a good day with their bubba's. And huge belly rubs to the pg girls

Hey all,
    Getting over this sleep thing Beginning to have troubles at night and first thing in the morning. Yuck. Did I speak to soon about being comfy, or I have I done well to get to 39w before complaining too loudly?
    Hmmm - Shane has issued the order that the bag must be packed by the end of today. I think he starting to pay attention to the regualrity of my pains during the night.......
    Jenna was unsettled last night too. She woke up quite a few times, but we didn't go into her until 5am, and then she came back into bed with us. I love having snuggles with her in bed. Its nice
    Belinda - the idea of being up at 1am printing Xmas cards sends my head in circles!! Rather you than me.
    Trish - bugger on the wakeups. what time is your alarm set for? Ours is 5:50 if Shane is walking, but if I drop him at work its 6:30am. Normally gives us time for a quick cuppa in bed with Jenna before racing out the door. Thankfully his work is only 5-7mins away (depending on what phase of the only traffic light we hit is).
    I guess when I have no2 here I wont be needing the car most days so he can drive. I mena - who is game enough to leave the house with 2 under 2??

LOL Fi, Somedays with 2 under 2 I think you will be begging to get out of the house. And they will get older

Mark's alarm is set for 5.30am, generally he wakes before it goes of so I don't wake to it. His work is about a 30 minutes drive away on a good day. He car pools though so he has to do the run around to pick the other guys up.

I agree with Shane too hun, get that damn bag packed. Then little bub can come and great us next week

Last night Aaron set up his Lego train (got it in 20yrs ago) and put it so it goes round our Christmas tree with a little Santa ornament riding on it. So this is the conversation I've had this morning....

"daddy toot toot"
    "yes daddy made the train"

"toot toot mummy, daddy"
    "yes daddy made the train didn't he?"

"mummy toot toot"
    "yep, it's a good train isn't it?"

"mummy santa toot toot"
    "santa's on the train isn't he?"

He's just obsessed with it! He had to have his night nappy changed in front of it & had his breakfast sitting on the floor watching it too LOL!

30 minute drive to work, that would be bliss! Mine's at least an hour each way during the week & 45mins on a Saturday which is the best I've managed with no traffic at all.

Ooer at regular pains Fi! I hope the uncomfortable night means something is happening real soon.....

Hi yu girly whirlies

Sarah, that is so cute!! We don't even have a chissy tree, really need to get my but into gear and get one... But i keep thinking how much cheaper they are after Chrissy!!

Awww Fi, 2 under 2 ainth that bad!! LOL... I hate taking newborns out tho... that can be so impatient LOL
    Fingers crossed you get a better nights sleep soon!!

Hmmm, Trish, Emily would have a hear attack if she saw anyone kill a spider!! She's a girl after her mothers hear ti tell yu!! I'll have to put the photo's I have just taken of the huntsman (or is that Huntswoman) and all her babies... awwwwwwwwwwwww! Wato found a HUGE huntsman int he shed and brought it in, he was going to give it tot he lizards, but I wouldn't let him (such a sook). So, it ended up being gravid and made an egg sac... a couple of weeks latter they hatched (call me nanna). They all stayed underneather her and she protected them. Put them outside, but they are still in the tank. I was outside watcing yesterday and noticed one of her babies sitting on her mouth, it's just AMAZING!! And I am being totally honest!!

Belinda, sorry to hear you had a horrid night.. I hope you can get a nap in today!

Not much going on here... I am sure I had something to tell you all... hmmm... I may be back if I think of it!!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - LOL @ Tehya and the woopee cushion. I guess with 3 older brothers, farts are the funniest thing in the world When Neil farts, Gab squishes up her nose, says pooooooo and waves her hand infront of her face... too funny. Bummer that Tehya didn't pass her level. Such pressure for such a little bubba! Glad to hear she is looking after her big brother by squashing spiders, hehehe.

Simone - I hope you are all feeling better today. Gastro is terrible!

Belinda - I love how you can convince Cooper to sleep longer.

Fi - that's great that Jenna was so good with Santa. Woo hoo for the teddy too. Yay for getting your labour bag organised. Certainly sounds like stuff is starting to happen. Oooerrr exciting!!

Bec - oh dear @ all the sun hats. I'm surprised we haven't lost one yet. Gab likes to throw them every chance she gets! Sounds like Nick will be putting Eliza to bed from now on, hey? My friends kids are the same. When she puts them to bed they play up... they ask for drinks, get out of bed 1000 times and call out to her constantly. When Daddy puts them to bed, they don't get up and they don't call out. Pity he doesn't help her out a great deal tho!

Sarah - awww @ your conversation with Zander about the train! Too cute! How do you stop him from destroying it? Gab would have killed it by now... LOL.

Tanya - forgive me if I decline to take a look at the photos of the hunstmen and her babies. I am terrified of spiders... even photos make me feel ill. Irrational?? Hell yeah! LOL

Yesterday went so much better than I expected.... I'm glad we went
    The trip up was ok (a little long!). Neil slept with the passanger seat lowered and Gab played happily in the back with the occasional snack. She was such a good girl! We made good time getting to Ballarat where we stopped because my friend is 7months preggo and needed to wee (so did I and I'm only nearly 7 weeks, LOL). Went to head off and our friggen piece-o-crap car wouldn't start. So our friends jump-started us (Neil swearing and carrying on). He took over the driving (thank God!). We got to the city a bit before 12 (concert starts at 1) and, fair dinkum, it took us an hour just to get to Olympic park. When we finally inched into the car park, we were told it was full so had to go to the one across the road. Not happy Jan!
    We switched the car off knowing we may have to beg someone to jump start us later then walked to the tennis centre. Well.... the walk isn't all that long but my shoes were killing me for some reason! They're shoes I've owned for years and never had a problem with.
    The concert had only just started when we got in (they delayed it by 15 mins because it was obvious that heaps of people were still rushing to get in.... it's hard to get anywhere on time with kids!). Gab was wearing her Wiggles T-shirt, a little denim skirt and her wiggles runners. She looked SO cute! She was TOTALLY enthralled for the first half an hour. She sat on Neil's knee and just stared at all that was going on. Slowly she started tapping her hand to the music and eventually she was clapping and dancing and having a great time. She stood up on one of the chairs and called out to the wiggles... it was SO amazing to watch. She loved it! Her little friend, Will, is a little older and he knows a lot of the songs so she was watching him do all the actions. Too cute. At one stage they were holding hands. Neither of us had a camera because the website said cameras weren't allowed. Hmm... yet there were 30,000 of them there! We were spewing that we did the right thing when we could have just bloody-well taken them in. Grrr!
    The concert was over pretty quick - I guess they're not that long for kids. So we met and chatted to everyone out in the foyer. We grabbed Gabby a balloon cos everyone had one and she wanted one ($10 for a fricken balloon!! OMG!). Still, she was happy. We let her run around a bit since she'd been cooped up in the car and there wasn't much room to move during the concert.
    Neil and I decided to head back home to beat peak-hour. The others were staying in Melbourne.
    Got back to the car (my feet were KILLING me by now). The car started without a hassle (hooray!) and made it out of Melbourne decidedly quicker than getting in.
    We stopped in Ballarat for dinner - just went to a bistro. I had the most devine lamb tenderloins I've ever eaten... SOOOO yum! Gab got to do some colouring in and dancing to the music on the tv they had there.
    We jumped back into the car (it started again, phew!). I inspected my feet and I've got MASSIVE blisters all over the bottom of them. Any wonder I was in so much pain!
    We stopped in Skipton to let Gab play at a park because she really hadn't run around a great deal. I hobbled around taking photos just so we had SOME of her during the day. When we got back into the car the bloody $10 balloon came flying out and flew off into the distance. Grrrr! It was aweful to see it flying away going, up, up, up! Neil had tied it to something but it came loose. Gab just waved and said "Bye bye bwoon!". Hmmm... yeah. Bye bye $10! Didn't even get a photo of her holding the darn thing! Grrrr!
    We got home about 8pm (I drove from Ballarat so Neil could have a few drinks... he picked up a 6 pack of sugar free cougar bourban cans!! Can't believe they brought them out when I get pregnant!! NO FAIR!! LOL).
    Gab went to bed without a fuss and slept in until 10am! Yee har!
    My feet are killing me. Neil is doing the dishes and I'm doing diddly-squat, hahaha. As it should be, hey?

Wow Deb - sounds like a full day. Too much for me I'm afraid, but I'm pleased you had a good day
    Tanya - sorry, but you can keep your grandspiders too - I'm not much into them either.
    Sarah - very cute. Jenna loves her little train too, she always brings it to us asking "help please" to put the carriages on. She only uses please when she really wants something.

No news here. Had Bec and Liza over this morning. They had a lovelytime playing together. Walking around holding hands and all that jazz. They are pretty good with each other. No biting in weeks

Something weird going on here today.... Zander was not happy so I put him to bed 2hrs early at 11.30 and he's still asleep now at 2.00 :eek: Must be a tired little chicken from chasing the train round in circles LOL!

Deb he hasn't tried to trash it too much yet, he's just pulled the train off the track a few times. Sounds like you guys had a great day yesterday, I'm glad Gabby enjoyed the concert. I hope you're resting today too, rest those poor blistered feet of yours...

Tanya you can keep the spiders at your place thank you very much *shudder*

Yay for a good play date this morning Fi

I thougt I better update a bit more cos I haven't been in here much... At the moment Alexzander is absolutely in love with Santa... from a distance LOL!! Any poster / decoration / picture / whatever he gets excited & shouts SANTA! He's fine in his pram and will say hello, but on Tuesday I took him out of the pram & he wanted to be held. I said to him "are you going to say hello?", so he turned his head to actually look at Santa, then waved said "bye bye" ROFL! Very cute, but I don't think we'll end up with a pic this year. I just don't see the point it upsetting him for me to have a photo. Though we are going to see a lovely Santa with a real beard on Sunday for our MG Christmas Party.

I'm amazed every day at his manners as well. He now says sorry & excuse me Sorry is the funniest thing because he says it to the wall, chair, even himself when he falls over. Crack me up every time I told him to say "excuse me" if something was in his way so he started using that one too. The last few days though he's been saying "GO WAY" but I figured out he says it when something's in his way, so each time I have to pull him up say "that's not very nice, you need to say excuse me" and he just responds with "cue me!"

I can't wait until Christmas morning, I'm so excited to see his reaction to his presents. He saw his Elmo on Tuesday by accident when I bought it & he seemed pretty impressed. Feeling a bit guilty though for leaving him for two whole weeks before Christmas. I just want that part over with

Sarah, sounds like Zander loves the train set. I'm with Deb though, Tehya would've trashed it by now. His manners sound lovely too. Gee we have a polite bunch of kiddies, heres hoping they all keep their manners although I'm sure with all of us manner's nazi's they will. YAY on the fantastic sleep from Zander. How are the night time ones going ??

Deb, sounds like you guys had a pretty good day then all things considered. I hope you soaked those poor feet in a bucket of water. Buggar about the $10 balloon too. For that much I'd want to be able to blow it up and down a 100 times. I saw a wooppee cushion like my nieces have today, it self inflates. Was thinking of buying it for Tehya

Tanya, I'm sure te spider with it's babies are fascinating, just not for me I'm afraid, (quite literally actually) My 7 year old niece has a pet huntsmen, well she had 2, that was until the thing nipped her and she shook it ontot the ground and told the dog to get it... Lol at the Christmas tree's being cheaper afterwards, well yeah they are but I'm sure that's no comfort to the kids. Maybe you need to get a good one after Xmas for next year.

Fi, sounds like you guys had a nice visit from Bec and Eliza. Good girl to her for no biting

Well I think we are going to attempt the Santa pic tonight. Tehya was more than happy for Santa to touch her face and talk to her today. She was also more than happy to hold out her hand for her tecddy on the lanyard from Myres too. Santa was a sweety, he put one around my neck too

Finally got Noah's Piston Cup Raceway that he has been asking for. We were even looking on Ebay to get one for him, all of the shops have been sold out. That's him well and truely done. Of course I still have 2 laybys to get off too. Still need to do the adults and grab some more stuff for the big boys.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - ooo hope the Santa photo works out well for you! Fingers crossed. Sounds like you've almost got Chrissy organised. I'll have to go and get mine finished next week some time (when Neil's not around to whinge about how much I'm spending... he's a bit of a scrooge).

Sarah - aww @ Zander's manners. What a sweetheart! He could teach Gab a thing or two. When something is in her way, it's "scream at it and chuck a tanty until it moves". She's a psycho! It's a pity he's not interested in getting a santa photo either but you're right, no point in stressing them out. Neil suggested we try Gab again. She might be different with him there but I doubt it. If she gets all shy around Santa again, I won't push it. She really hasn't seen him all that often to really know who he is (tho he was at the Wiggles concert so we made a big fuss over him... he was a crack-up dancing around and wobbling his head! LOL).
    Ok... have I missed something? Where are you going for 2 weeks?

I'm soooo tired and unmotivated (which is standard for me). Neil's like a fricken whirl-wind of energy doing this that and the other and I just sit like a fat blob doing nothing. I have to work tomorrow so I guess I'll be forced to do something at least. Gabby has been outside all day so I made her come in and have some quiet time. I completely forgot about playgroup this morning... didn't realise it was Thursday! Oh well. We would have been late anyway.

Deb, fat blob my foot - YOU ARE GROWING A BABY!!! Don't forget that

I may not have mentioned, who can remember these days LOL, but I'm doing some big days at work. Next week I am on Monday, Tuesday (Zander with Granma), Thursday (with Da eek!), Friday & Saturday (with Daddy). Then the week after I am on Monday - Saturday 6am-4pm weekdays then 7am-12pm Saturday. Plus on top of that is an hours drive each way. I'm scared seeing as my last full on week was 8am-4pm the week before Christmas last year, but the money will be great for our QLD holiday in January.

Trish, night sleeps are pretty good now. I get up on average 1-2 times probably every second night, sometimes more but the bad nights are slowly fading away. I think he plotted that so I get used to sleeping again before I fall pregnant LOL!

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow... that's a whole lotta work - but it is short term. So keep those $$ signs flashing in front of you, Sarah cos that'll get you thru. Zander will be fine. I betcha he ends up having a blast! You'll probably miss him more than he'll miss you, LOL. It's great that he's sleeping so well for you now (about time, hey?). Just in time too cos you're gonna get pregnant next cycle!!

Gab just had a huge day outside with Dad. She was "helping" him dig fence posts out of the ground with her little plastic shovel. She watches Daddy like a hawk. Neil wanted to measure an area where he's building a fence so I held the end of the tape measure. Gab got hold of the tape measure once he had finished then went back to the same spot to measure it herself... holding it just like Neil did. So cute! She even attempted to hold the end in place for him once. Little miss fix-it.
    She's crashed in bed. I didn't put her down for a sleep today since she got up so late. Hopefully she'll let Neil sleep in tomorrow while I go to work. Thank gawd the hot weather isn't until Saturday.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast