Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #8

Debbie Lee Guest

We're back home.
    Had a shocker of a night with Gab last night. No sleep so I'm super-grumpy.
    Gabby has another cold... she just fricken got over one. I'm so peeved.
    So, yeah... couldn't visit Fi even if I wanted to. I didn't realise she wasn't taking visitors cos I didn't get online again... so it's probably just as well.

Simone - when our cat had babies we just made sure she had a clean, comfy box to do her business and she did all the work on her own. As far as I know you don't have to do much? Just make sure she feels secure.

Deb - only 32 weeks and you will have your own little bundle LOL. hope things get better for you soon

Xander's being grumpy atm, his eczema has been playing up... thought it was the cat, but its been bad for over a week, we've only had the cat since friday night!!

Have to say hooray that my arms are free, i have held Cooper all day today, he wasnt really whinging unless i put him down lol, he just wanted to hang out on me all day, Bill is home now so i am hiding from them all for awhile

Trish: hope that he doesnt get chicken pox and the needle is 45 dollars as far as i knew not 70, i paid that when i had to have it just a few weeks ago anyhow

Simone: hope you sorted out that DH

Debbie: Sorry to hear Gabby is sick again hope she recovers quickly

Nothing much else happening here, 3 more sleeps till my Mum is here, i cant wait!!!

Belinda, sorry to hear that Coopers been a sooky bum. I do the same once Mark gets home it's like handover time. Change of shift, if you like. YAY for you mum coming too. Thanks for the info on the immunisation too, good to hear that it's not as dear as I had been told.

Deb, welcome back sweety. Sorry to hear you had such a crappy night. Poor bubba with her cold. Hoping that she gets over it really fast.

Simone, I haven't had a lot to do with cats but the cat I had years ago (who was suppposed to be male) ended up pg. It didn't matter where I set up a place for her, she found her own. Under the boys bed of all places. But she did birth on a big art pad they had under there. Thank God it's much cleaner when they give birth. They really don't need any assistance at all, and generally prefer to do it on their own.

Fi, great to have you back at home. Hope that all is going well with you guys and your enjoying getting to know little Hamish.

Well Joel has been at it again, escaping during the night. I think I need to put an alarm or something on his door so I can hear it when he opens the door. I am so over his crap.

My face and lips have come up rashy again. I'm beginning to think it's an allergic reaction to something. Just don't know what it is.

Brandon has his year 6 graduation assembly this afternoon, of course their having it at 2pm, right when Noah and Tehya have their naps. But I will be there, of course, ready to take lots of pictures of my second baby finishing primary school. He is all excited about going to high school next year.

Tehya and Noah are doing well, Praying that Noah doesn't come down with the Pox.

Hi all,
    Wow - not much happens around here huh? Although it sounds like the dramas contnue at your house Trish. Ratbag Joel.... and fingers crossed the pox doesn't come visiting.

Jenna is being better now that I am home. She was sooo stirred up by everything, that she threw somany tantrums when I got home last night. Beast. But today she is all kisses and cuddles for her brother, and she is being very gentle which is nice.

Just updating the site now, so you can check out a few first photos. And he is a funny looking thing, bu hopefully with a bit of weight he will grow into his nose and his shocking overbite!!

Fi - he's spunky little man You look great in the photo of you, not like someone who just gave birth!! You're a laugh Fi

Trish - Sounds like Joel needs a good smack around the ears... you want to adopt mine one they hit 12? I dont think ill handle being a mum to teens, especially as i remember what i was like...

Debbie Lee Guest

Just popping in quickly...

Neil and I had to take Gabby to hospital last night. I put her to bed about 8ish with some panadol and vicks (since we had such a shocker the night before). A couple of hours later I heard some God-aweful coughing. I ran in to see if she was ok and she was struggling to breathe. Really scary. So Neil and I jumped into the car and took her straight to the hospital.
    Once there she got worse (I think because of all the strangers poking and prodding her). They ruled out asthma straight away. Gave her some steroids and stuff to help clear her airways and that seemed to help. She has croup. She was admitted last night. She was so tired and they kept wanting to check her... eventually I told them just to leave her be and let her sleep. She wouldn't sleep in the cot so I had her in with me until she fell asleep then I put her in the cot (difficult with a thingy attached to her toe... she hated that). She slept restlessly.... wheezing and coughing all night. She's much better today but still a little wheezy. Neil is at the hospital with her now while she's playing in the playroom (she's impressed). I'm at home for a shower etc. I feel like crap because I haven't had any decent sleep. It's making my m/s act up. I feel like I'm the one that should be in hospital! LOL

Ok... best be off.. hopefully we'll get to come home tomorrow (tho the Dr. said she has to have a good night before they'll let her come home).

Fi - Hamish is gorgeous! So tiny! Love the photos.

Oh deb, thats awful.. But at least Gabby's in the best place, and she'll only get better from now. I can totally sympathise how you feel, Xander was admitted 3 times during mypg with Declan (start mid and end) and once with Anneliese (the week before she was born)

Take care of yourself as well

Bugger Deb. Hope Gab gets well soon. One handed.... very brief sorry.

Oh Deb I'm so sorry that Gab has croup it's a shocker hey. Joel got it when he was little. It sounds sooo bad hey.

It's a PITA when they keep doing ob's but that's why she's there hun, the reason you took her to hosp is so they can watch her. As much as a pain as it is though.

Maybe you should try to get some shut eye while Neil is at the hosp with her. Night time and early morning are the worst time for croup.
    Big hugs sweety. Give Gab a kiss for me too.

Fi, what a cute little man he is. You have to remember where he just came from, of course he's going to look alittle squished up. He's only a little fella hey. I wish I had one that small.
    So how did you come about Hamish's name ???

Simone, nope, not taking on anymore kids. I have another thats going into the teen years in July. FIngers crossed he doesn't follow Joel.

Whats it like feeding a newborn again??

Debbie: Sorry about your night i hope she improves very soon

Trish: gggrr to the sneaking out, must drive you batty with worry!

Fi: Welcome back and he is great, congrats again .0

Much easier this time around thank god! So far I am being really careful with attachment and only a couple of small blisters that have already gone down with some air play
    Just had a shower to get rid of some lumps. Its hard to empty a breast with oversupply and a wincy small bub!

Trish - his head was only 1cm smaller than Jenna's! No wonder it hurt so much. I still can't get over how much crowning hurt. And also these afterpains. Finally dulling down to bad period pain, but I have IV morphine straight after the birth, and it barely took the edge off.

I didn't sleep - oops....... Jenna is awake, and I really want shane to rest, so I think I'll leave him to cuddle the little man and I'll get up to her and have some mummy daughter time.

Hamish - it was just on the list. Its scottish, which I wanted, and is kinda a derivative of Shane. BAxter cause thats the name of the maternity hospital in Geelong where these two and shane were born. If it was a girl it was going to be Holly Eden.

I wonder if this dom midwife is coming??? I wonder if she is trying to call and not able to get through? Oops.....

Sounds like everything's going great guns fi!! All i used to with my oversupply was express it all out (so i kept getting too much anyway) and freezing it. Always good for an emergency!! Do u have a breast pump??

Xander has been awful lately, since he's seen a few santa's at party's, he's gotten a few presents. Mums sent me a 10kg box the other day from perth full of pressies, which i put under the tree. Declan has carried a few of them around, but today i discovered xander ripping into 3 of them!! (they were all his LOL) That boy will be death of me... not lookig forward to his teenage years!!
    BTW i've updated the kids sites

Okay I thought I had 5 minutes to spare while Matthew was having his first tractor ride with Daddy and Adrian is having a nap but it seems the tractor ride is over and Matthew is here wanting to play with the keyboard/mouse.

Fi - I`ve just checked out Hamish`s photos OMG he`s so tiny, he looks like a beautiful little doll, I`d love to have a littlie, but I think my wish is out of reach with Mark being the father. Great that everything is going so well and Jenna is being gentle, perhaps she could give Matthew some advice re being gentle.

Deb - Sorry to hear that Gabby has croup, I suffered from croup for many, many years it`s awful. Hopefully you`ll be home soon.

Trish - Sounds like you still have your hands full.

We had our santa photos today, Matthew was a lot better then I expected, okay he didn`t want to sit on Santa`s lap like Adrian but he was happy to sit beside Santa, no tears nothing, I was amazed and still am.

Have Adrian`s 4 month needles tomorrow, he came down with a high fever last time so I`m expecting the same thing again and I`m not looking forward to it.

I can hear Matthew going through the kitchen cupboards so I better go and sort him out.

Take Care

Dee

Hi all. Thought I'd pop in seeing as Jack was born in Feb 05. I usually chat with the Oct 06 ladies as that's when Tom was born (well actually he was born in Sep but he was due in Oct so I stuck with my belly buddies). Belinda, funny we have two of the same baby belly buddy groups LOL!

Congrats Fi on Hamish. I would be interested in chatting more to you (when things have settled down for you) about gifted vs bright kids. I am already worrying about Jack starting school - the kid isn't 2 yet and knows all the letters of the alphabet, can read some words and knows numbers up to 12 (and can count to 10). He says full sentences too. He's obviously bright and will probably be bored at school, but I want him to have normal social development so am reluctant to think of anything other than mainstream schooling. I guess I'm worrying way too early - typical mum hey!!

Hi to everyone else. I will try and keep up and get to know you better. Two boys under two are keeping me pretty busy atm!!

Fi, good to hear that the feeding is going well. Would be good if Jenna could drain the lumps for you.
    Wow at his head being nearly as big as Jenna's. If it's any part of them you want smaller, it's their head.
    The afterpains I think are worse when bf. Although I really have nothing to compare them to. I had them for 3 days after I had Brandon. I was in labour with him for 90 minutes and got afterpains for 72, figures. Didn't really feel them as much after Noah, I think having the c section and having the PCA in when there was pain I just drugged myself again. Tehya's were shocking though too. And yet we go back for more.

Hopefully Jenna had a better night for you lastnight, I guess that's something we never appreciate as much when we only have one baby to contend with. With 2 or more you can't just crash out when you want with your newborn.

Simone, thats exactly why I haven't put any presents out. My room is so damn messy atm, full of pressies. Great pics of your kiddies too. They are all getting big

Dee, maybe you should give Adrian some nurophen before you go in for his shots ? Hoping that they go ok with him. YAY for getting a decent Santa pic too. Always a nice suprise.

Melanie, welcome hun. I'm sure you will find it quite chatty in here on days. As well it should be now as we're 6 months rolled into the one group.

Not much happening around here. Well lots with Joel but not going there today. We are supposed to have swimming today but not sure if I can be bothered. It's the last lesson for the term and it's a play lesson. Don't want to pay just for them to stuff around in the pool. $25 could be spend on a xmas present.

Had a call from Noah's daycare yesterday, they have a spot for Tehya to start when they go back after Christmas. Originally they couldn't get her in until March when she turned 2. Not sure what to do. I do think she is ready, but then somedays...... She is still my little baby girl. So I don't know if it's a me thing or a Tehya thing. I know that I can start her and if it doesn't go good I can pull her out and restart her in March but ...

I need to pay the bond by the end of the week. $118, need another $100 for the phone and another $100 for electricity. There goes anymore presents and I still haven't gotten Mum's, grandfathers, my brothers or the boys phones. Iwonder if I can scab on the bills. Was thinking of telling preschool that I can't pay for it this week and I will pay next term right away, but I run the risk of the spot being given to some one else. What to do ???

Trish - will they take a deposit?

Hey all, just letting you knwo I'm going to try and be scarce until Chrissy. There is that much going on, and the temptation is to be here rather than sleeping, and thats not a good thing.
    So dont worry about me - I'll be back, or around very briefly.
    Great nights sleep here - which is good, sleeping babies grow
    Fi

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast