Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #8

Boys much easier to change Trish. I've only been wee'd on 3 times now, which I spose is good! Bloody Joel - little ratbag. Or is it Bloody Mark?? eithr way - men huh??

Deb - sounds like chrissy morning will be a blast for you..... maybe?? Neil will cope with the lack of sleep, as long as you guys give him a wide berth for a few hours after the event. And as for cleaning - well I cleaned last night while Shane sat cuddling. Oh - and I cooked dinner at the same time. Amazing what us women can do? Also cleaned the toilet and took Jenna out Christmas shopping. I tried to tell Shane that lactating mothers are supposed to be resting, but I dont think he cared!

Simone - I dont know how you can be clucky when you are dealing with all the sickness!!!! Poor thing. Hopefully Christmas will bring you a nice change of it all. Have you been a good girl

Yeah Fi you have to watch out for that spout. Remember to have a nappy ready to through over his do do when you change that bum. Can't forget to lift up his balls too, poo is good for hiding under there

I had a go at Mark and reminded him that Joel was grounded, apparently he didn't know. I msged Joels mate and he came home around 11 ish.

Tell Shane to get of his butt and start helping out some more. Your the one that just gave birth.

Simone, hopig that Xander is doing better today and that he's feeling good enough for Christmas day

OMG!!!!! Tehya just took herself and went for a wee on the potty. YAY all by herself. Finally we got one. I was sitting here posting when she ran off (she's naked) and sat on the pot. Noah called out to us that Tehya had done a wee. WOOHOO, hopefully we are finally on the way.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - nordy Joel using Mark to get away with getting out of the house. The kid's not silly, hey? YAYYYYYYY for Tehya weeing on the potty!! Clever girl!

Simone - Glad Xander is home but I'm sorry you're not getting much sleep I can sympathise to a degree but I don't have 2 other kids to worry about too. Must be tough. Hope he's fighting fit tomorrow so that you can all enjoy Chrissy. Anneliese's first Christmas! How exciting!

Fi - Shane loves cuddling bubbas, doesn't he? Perhaps to get out of housework?? I must say tho... you seem so much more.... confident... rested.... at ease this time round? It's great! Leaves hope for me!! LOL Looking forward to your Mum getting there? Was it tough not having her there for the birth this time? I'm thinking about not having my Mum there next time. I think I'd rather her look after Gabby. Is that mean?

We're taking it easy today. Gabby slept wonderfully last night! She only woke once at 4:30am for her dummy. Straight back to sleep until 9am!! OMG! Heaven! I'm glad too. I want to try and keep her awake today and put her to bed early (like 5:30-6pm??) so that waking her up early won't upset her too much. Or do you think I'm planning everything out too much?
    My sister (Hanna) just messaged me and said that Erin is being difficult because she's meant to be having Christmas lunch with her fiance's family aswell. Urrgh! We only planned to have lunch at Mum's like 2 months ago! Anyway... I'm trying to get them to push lunch back a couple of hours so that I have more time to get down there... hehehehe Cheeky, ain't I? Don't think it's gonna happen tho.

Fi - I have been wondering if the fire hose has got you yet I`m not going on the pill, I don`t like the pill at the best of times but Mark has said once I stop BFing I have to go on the pill, he doesn`t like condoms and neither do I but it`s the best method at the moment until I`m ready for #3 Hmmm men hey, I can relate to it, Mark is the same. Fi re your comment about having an angel child first, Matthew was one of those we thought Adrian would be a devil but it seems he`s so much like Matthew in personality maybe even more content if that`s possible.

Deb - Yay for Gabby sleeping so well. I agree Fi does sound so much better but I have to admit I feel like a different mother second time round too, everything is a lot easier.

Simone - Great to hear Xander is at home, hope he`s feeling much better tomorrow for the man in red.

Trish - Yay for Tehya, very clever girl.

I can`t believe there`s so many of us with AF we must be all in sync with each other.

I`m feeling exhausted, have done so much today by the time I finished it was 7pm and still hadn`t thought about tea, times like this it would be nice for a husband to cook, had no idea what to have felt like just having toast but couldn`t do that with MIL here, I got there in the end.

Have had problems with Matthew and his allergies in the last few days, he came down with hives yesterday and on Thursday, I`ve never seen hives quite like it, when his allergies blow up they do it in a big way.

Take Care Girls and Merry Christmas from our family to yours, have a good one and enjoy your little one`s 2nd Christmas and for some of us their first Christmas.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh gosh, Dee. Hives would be scary. I hope Matthew is ok for tomorrow? Sounds like you've been running around like a chook. Hope you can get some R&R tomorrow. Glad to hear that you've also found Mummy 2nd time round a bit easier. Keep the reassurance comin' girls
    My Mum said the same. Apparently I was a good baby but Lauren was even better (typical!). It was Mum's 3rd that was a horror. She was unwell (lactose intolerant, bowel probs etc.). Mum reckons if she had Hanna first she wouldn't have had any more kids!! LOL She also reckons Hanna should have been her baby because Erin came out knowing and doing everything at lightening speed... she grew up really quickly.

I should be getting to bed soon. Have to get up at 6am. Prrrray I don't vomit!! LOL

Hope everyone has an awesome Christmas. Please stay safe and well. Can't wait to hear about how the kiddies went for their second Christmas. I imagine they'll be more clued on than they were last year!

Those of you that can drink... have one for me!! hehehe

Good morning and Merry Christmas to you girls and babies.

Santa got to bed around 12 ish here only for Tehya to wake up not long after and stay awake for about 40 minutes. Noah was up very early, like before 6 am yet we have still managed to keep him from opening any presents. Wanted to wait until Tehya woke up. She's awake now but I'm having breakfast.

Deb, I will be sure to have a drink for you today, or 5 Mark got me a case of Cruisers Yummy.

Dee, hope Matthew is doing ok and is feeling better for today too

Praying that the rain stays away today. With nearly 30 people coming here I don't want them all trapsing through my house.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Deb - The hives are a scary business but not as scary as the egg allergy where I have an epi pen on hand in case Matthew comes in contact with egg.

Trish - your going to be one tired girl by the end of the day, have a drink for me too

Hope everyone is having a great Christmas, I thought I`d pop on while the two boys are asleep and Mark is away Milking the cows and before the onslaught of SIL and her tribe of 6 kids.

We`ve had a great day, Matthew was a bit confused about his santa bag, he wanted Mummy to go through it but he did it in the end, Santa brought him lots of books, he loves books and I believe a child can`t have enough hence the children`s library we seem to have LOL, he also recived a plane, clothes, table and chairs, a big red tractor (just like Daddy`s), his main present was an outside play gym. Adrian received clothes (not as many as Matthew as he has all Matthew`s hand me down`s), musical toys, books, a 2006 KMart Teddy Bear, now I can`t think of what else he got but you get the general idea.

I`m feeling like it`s midnight, I`ve been awake at 5.30/6am the last 4 mornings and it`s wearing it`s toll on this poor old body, perhaps Adrian might let me sleep in tomorrow.

It was drizzling again here this morning but now the sun is out and it`s blowing a gale Grrrr

Hope your having a fantastic day

Merry christmas. Crap day, just the usual family bullsh*t... about to post in the punching bag. Hope everyone had a good day!! (It was hailing, raining and blowing a gale where we were (out in Sunbury) Saw 2 accidents on the way out, and 1 on the way back. Idiots...)

MERRY CHRISTMAS.....well as merry to all you. Mum got rushed to hospital today with chest pains and nausia...she is in critical care
    Hope Santa was good..been along day apparently IL's expect the same level of hospitality even when your mum is ill
    Bec

Dee, yep your right, very tired here. Sounds like the boys did nicely. I hope you got a chance to get some rest too sweety. Those early mornings are a killer, especially combined with broken sleep.

Simone, hope your day got better hun. Try to forget all of the BS and just enjoy your day :hugs:

Well I have survived the big day. Big is an understatement too. I think we had Melbourne weather today, was raining this morning, sunny by lunch/afternoon, then cooling off now with a breeze happening.

Tehya is bathed and in bed now, absolutely exhausted, she had a fantastic day, but of course no naps were hap. I think she got a bit overwhelmed with thte whole unwrapping presents and by the time my parents and family got here she just was not interested in any more unwrapping so I did most of her's as did Brandon and Noah.

We now officailly need a bigger house, I don't know where on Earth I am going to fit all of these presents. I am trying to get as much stuff out of boxes as possible as that takes up the space.

Tehya loves her baby Chou Chou, she has been carrying it around and when it cries she goes running to give her a kiss or cuddle or a bottle. LOL, very sweet. She has aslo taken a liking to her dollies playpen, Tehya fits in it nicely

Noah is stoked with all of his presents and the big boys loved their phones and the xbox 360.

My mummy spoilt me with a new Kenwood food processor, a nighty, choccies andsome bath things. Big brother got me some lovely perfume (can't remember what it's called and not getting off my butt to check it) little bro and gf got me some nice frangipani stuff (frame with clock and some candles). Mark got me the new Robbie CD (can't believe I am going to say that it's crap though) and my Pink ticket, and my grandfather got me some new clothes and shoes. Marks parents got us some gorgeous Esprit bath towels, there white though so don't think I will be sharing them with Mark. Oh and a new box of loo paper and cleaning products (mark asked her). GF got me some lovely candles and a little plate for them to go on. So I don't think I did too bad. I'm sure I missed out on something but too tired to remember.

Looking forward to a hot bath and some sleep although I know Mark is hoping for a bit. Damn, Santa's work still isn't done.

ETA, Bec I am so sorry to hear about your mum. I hope that she is going ok now. She is in the best place possible. Poo to your IL's too. THey should be understanding at a time like this Big for you. How is Eliza, did she have a good day ??

Trish, if tehya loves her baby, maybe she's trying to tell you to have another LOL (wait a couple of years, you will have a built in nanny!!) hehehe

Bec - just IGNORE your IL's i did i walked out on our christmas because of them!! wHY CAN THEY BE MORE THOUGHTFUL?? OURS WAS MARRED BY STUPID ACTIONS, BUT IF YOUR MUM'S IN hospital FOR F*CKS SAKES, WHY CANT THEY BE A LITTLE MORE UNDERTSANDING?? (Sh*t, i cant be bothered rewriting all that, i have to get off now and go to the sales!!) swap the uppercase for lowercase and visa versa!!)

MErry christmas to everyone, and enjoy a day to relax (we dont do anything for family on boxing day, this is our day to relax (and im trying to get DH to clean the house, but he wont even get out of bed, let alone clean, so im going shopping with one of the BB girls, just us and our little bubs, and DH can have the boys) Ok, getting off now!!)

Simone, HAHA I don't think Mark will see it that way. Today is the day that we go to my mums to eat left overs and over indulge in alcohol. My turn today. Mark was spewing lastnight

My house is trashed, even though the clean up has begun there is still way too much to do.

Yum, Mark has just fried up some Christmas ham and done a egg on toast too for me.

Hope you all had a great day yesterday. Enjoy the rest of your Christmas break. It's all over for another year YAY !!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Bec - OMG! I hope your Mum is ok What an aweful thing to have happened... especially on Christmas day. Thinking about you and your family.

Simone - sorry you had such a bad day

Dee - sounds like you guys were busy, busy. I agree with you... a child cannot have too many books. They say that children learn to read and learn to enjoy to read when they are surrounded by books (lots of touching, feeling and experiencing) and when they see their loved-ones reading a lot. Even the newspaper is important!

Trish - sounds like you were thoroughly spoilt! Glad you had a good day!

Our day was good. I'll go into more detail later on (I'm meant to be getting ready to go to Dad's right now).
    Hope everyone has a great Boxing Day!

Bec, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she is ok. Pooh to your ILs, your Mum comes first and they should know that.

Simone, I hope you are feeling better today. I read your punching bag post. You poor thing. How insensitive and irresponsible they were. Good on you for leaving and I hope you enjoyed your day anyway.

Dee, Jack loves books too. We certainly could start a library! He already talks very well and reads a little and I'm sure it's because he reads so much.

Trish, wow you must have good this year - well done on all your goodies.

Deb, I hear you on having the good one first. Jack has always slept well, cried little and been very well behaved. I was prepared for no 2 to be different, but he started well. THe first two weeks he slept really well and I thought I was so lucky to hit the jackpot twice. It went a bit pear-shaped after that though unfortunately. It came as quite a shock, especially to DH, to have a bub that cried so much (he had colic). He is a lot better again now, but still doesn't sleep nearly as well as Jack, and still has unsettled days.

We had a lovely Chrissy. The boys were totally spoilt, and we felt surprisingly good after being up till 1am putting Jack's swing set and slide together. Then Tom woke 3 times for feeds before we were up for the day! The boys were so well behaved all day and we all enjoyed lunch. It was us and MIL who is staying here atm, FIL who is in hossy but was allowed out for lunch and BIL.

Melanie, great to hear that you guy's had a nice Christmas. have to love the whole swing set. I had done that a couple of times for Christmas now. And the year we got the trampoline that didn't go up until Boxing Day. Slack I know.

Deb, hope your boxing day was good too, great to hear your Chrissy day was great too.

I think it all caught up with me lastnight, I had the worst headache, I took myself in for a bathc and went and lay down on my bed, still in my towel. Tehay came in and had booby and we both crashed out, this was about 8ish that I went to bed. Of course Tehya still got up overnight and I was awake by 6 am. I ended up getting up and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Of course Tehay slept in until after 7.30 so I could've had more sleep. Oh well, the quiet was nice.

I have updated Tehya's website with some Christmas photos. Feel free to have a look see

I'm adding onto the end of my punching bag post...

We got a hills swingset from MIL and FIL for the boys, but we havent put it up yet - its been to cold for the boys to play on it anyway!! I really wanted a 4 swing one, and mentioned that... was even willing to pay the diff, but only got a 3 one... At least i got a real hills one, MIL got SIL (her own daughter) the cheapie rip off ones and its already rusted! We already have the slide, Xander got it for his birthday. He adores it!!

BBS

Bec - Huge hugs to you sweetie, I`m thinking of you and hope your Mum is okay.

Simone - Yay for getting a Hills swingset.

Trish - Hope your headache is better today, isn`t that always the way, we get up early and the little ones decide to sleep in, think they must know!!!!!

Melanie - GReat to hear you had a lovely Chrissy, Jack is a very clever little boy to be able to read.

Deb - I agree the newspaper can be good, Matthew actually loves reading Take 5 and That`s Life!!!!

MIL has been here for four days and I`m over it, I`ve tried to ignore all the little things which always annoy me but I`m over it all now, she seems to know what`s best where the boys are concerned. I`ve been outside with Matthew all morning as I`m so annoyed that she sits in front of TV all morning with Adrian asleep in her arms, it makes it so hard once she`s gone as he then decides he doesn`t want to go to sleep in bed, only bonus was that it gave Matthew and Mummy time together.

My MUm was going to come up tomorrow for a few days but MIL wasn`t impressed as it would mean my Mum would have to come to SIL`s Birthday on Friday as well, I thought it would be straight forward and Mum could come too but oh no my Mum wasn`t welcomed, so I told MIL well I`m not coming then, she wasn`t impessed about that either, so I`m now caught up in the middle.

Take Care

Dee

Dee how awful your own mum's not allowed up as MIL says so...who's house IS it??

Im trying to get the mods to start an IL's vent thread...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast