Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #8

I will post tomorrow properly but had to tell you all that we arnt sure whether Eliza gave everyone gastro or it was food poisoning BUT the ILs are sick we have been vomiting and weeing poo tmi lol. Small price to pay for never being asked to do Christmas again..lol
    Bec
    ETA Mum is out of hospital : ) She is the only one that missed this lovely bug

Hi girlies

Bec sounds like you have been having fun! NOT! I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Dee, urgh! What does Mark have to say about what is going on? I hope you can sort something out.

Trish hows your head today? Isn't it always the way... you get out of bed cause "the kids will be up soon" and they decide to sleep in!

Well I am back from having no Net, I finally have broadband!! Yes I know I am behind, but I am getting there. All is good here, Violet is trying to break into the jellies *sigh*

Tanya

JUst a quickie from me, washing to go out...

Tanya - isnt it nice having broadband?? we only just got it 2 weeks ago, so nice...

Bec, hop you all get better soon.

Dee, do what we're doing - going on holiday next year!! Having our own christmas

Trish, where are you?!

Simone, yay for the score of a Hills swingset. Beggars can't be choosers hey I have been checking in here, but generally not enough time to post.

Dee, So just when is MIL leaving ?? Mine is so quiet I can easily overpower her if she annoyed me too much How rude of her to not let your own mother go along to the arty. Good on you for putting oyur foot down and not going. You and your mum should go out to dinner or do something nice together instead. Who wants to go to their stupid party anyway.

Bec, hun you are all having a rough trot at the moment, I hope it all gets sorted out soon and that everyone gets back to their happy and healthy selves.

Tanya, YAY on finally having BB. Are you noticing how much faster it all is. There is no way I could go back to dial up now, I just don't have the patience to wait 5 minutes for a page to load. How are the girls going?? And what about bub on the inside ?? Quietly confident at bub being a boy or not stressing about it now ??

Deb and Fi, I hope you guys are doing ok and that all little people are behaving themselves and letting you get some sleep.

Tehya had a good stack this morning in the toyroom, not exactly sure what shr did, we think she fell from the table and chairs in there. She screamed but we didn't notice any makrs on her until about 30 mintues later. I was fixing her hair up and noticed this huge red mark on her throat, right at the front. Looks like a massive hicky. All blood spots to the top of her skin, but no actual broken skin. Ouchies, probably looks worse than it is.

Mark has deserted me. He has been bugging me for weeks to go camping over Christmas with Tehya and Noah. The idea of a tent, no bed, no comforts with a toddler really does not appeal to me. Where are the four walls to contain her ?? I know that is the whole point of camping but I truely do not feel like running around after her the whole damn time. So he has gone away for the night with Noah. They left not long ago. The big boys are still at their dad's house so it's just Teh and I.

Oh well, fingers crossed she goes down early tonight. I bought Black Hawk Down today so I might get to watch it in peace tonight.

More news too. Mark and I had a big D & M lastnight, and it would seem that he would maybe like another child. In another 5 years !!! Well, that is atleast a change from him rather ginving himself a vastectomy. MAybe by the time he is ready I will be over it .... Who knows. But atleast he is willing to consider it now

OMG another baby LOL

OOh Trish!! Another baby?? Good on you We are considering another one too, but just not sure. Sometimes I think 2 is easier, and then I think but 3 id better. Just not sure.
    Bec - Bugger on the IL's getting the lurgy too. Stay away from my place til you are all better!
    Deb - nappies came today - thanks heaps for your contribution. Muchly appreciated

No news from me. Mum is here, so I'm going to be even more absent over the next few days. She is having a nap at the moment. I should betoo!! Sooff I pop.

Fi

I never said anything definant girls. LOL. Somedays I think yes and other a big NO. Mark is working on the plan that in 5 years time Joel will have left home. Hmmm he will be 20 then so here's hoping I guess. And Brandon will be 17 so.... who knows.

Its funny, I always thought that what made me want more babies was because I didn't have my little girl. Now I have her what is my excuse. She certainly fulfills me so I don't know what it is. I think it's just that I love babies so much. I even considered donating my eggs because I didn't want to see them go to waste. The only thing stopping me was that I wasn't sure I could cope with having a biological child and sibling out there in the wide world and not having him/her in my home.

Tehya is finally having a nap so I think I might take advantage of the quiet time and go for one too.

Looks like it's nana naps all round.

Fi, hope you get a good break while your mum is there. Go for your nana nap too, It's so ahrd to come by when you have 2 little ones.

im like that trish, some days im clucky, other days i wonder how i could even think about another!!

Fi, you just had a bub!! you crazy woman!!

LOL Fi, we were only ever going to have two kids. I had a terrible time during pg #2 (5 bouts of gastro among other things) and was even more convinced there would be no more bubs. Then about 2 days after Tom was born (once the memory of the pain from the birth had eased LOL, although I still had discomfort from the stitches!!) I started wanting another one. At the time I hoped it was temporary insanity from the hormones but Tom is 3 months now and I still feel that way. Even more scary, DH is talking of another one too! Maybe we are all nuts!!

Bec, so sorry to hear about your awful Christmas. The lengths people go to to get out of catering for the ILs LOL! I hope you are feeling better soon and that your mum stays well.

Dee and Simone, I will join you in the vent at ILs thread if one starts! Don't get me started on MIL right now.

Trish, I hope you enjoy your nana nap. Enjoy your boy free house. I missed most of the saga with Joel, but I wanted to say to you that you are living my nightmare. Ever since Jack was born I've been terrified of having teenage boys. How are you coping?

Tanya, glad you have bb. It's great isn't it!

Tom amazed me on Boxing Day. He had a really unsettled day all day, but finally went down about 8pm and slept for 7.5 hours. That's his longest sleep yet!! Yay!! Then he went straight back down and slept until about 7am (by which time I was up with Jack anyway). But then he was awake 3 times last night so it's not the start of anything unfortunately.

Jack fell off his new swings and has been limping since. He had an x-ray this morning but is ok, probably just a minor sprain or something. Doesn't stop him running around though and it's funny to watch him run with a limp!

Aww Melanie, I hope that Jack is ok and his limb (no matter how cute) goes soon. What a fantastic sleep Tom had, I so wish. Fingers crossed he is starting to get the idea of this whole sleep thing for you. Right in time for you to have another

Joel is over at his dad's but has called me twice today already whinging to come home, he's only been there since Christmas afternoon. My only break I get all holidays from them, 1 week from Christmas day to New Years and Joel wants to come home early. He is fighting with his step mother. Hardly suprises me the woman is a cow, but then Joel is a ***** too.

Nana nap was for just under an hour. 3 would have been great but Tehya only has short naps. Dad came around and we took Tehya up to Macca's and had some dinner. Well we did, Tehya didn't eat anything...Now all she wants to do is hang off booby.

She is so cute with her dolly. The damn thing cries, anyway, she comes to me and says, baby crying, where's bottle ?? I find her dolly's bottle and off Teh goes to feed her. If only Tehya would shut up so easily

Debbie Lee Guest

Well it's 2 for us and that's it apparently. Neil keeps saying he's getting the snip as soon as this one is born. I'm of 2 minds. I'll be happy with 2... but I know me. If we have another girl I'd like to try that one last time for a boy. I guess time will tell.

Busy here... Neil's mate is down from WA so we've been entertaining him. We went out for dinner in Hamilton tonight (Gab had a great time!) and we're off to Halls Gap tomorrow for lunch.

Fi - glad you got your nappies. No worries about the contribution (albeit small). Better than buying you something you already have multiples of, hey? Hope you have a good time with your Mum.

Trish - it's good that Mark is at least open to the possibility of another child. Perhaps it takes time to know whether or not you've had enough to feel fulfilled? Sorry about your headache too. Ick... headaches suck!

Simone - I've gotta check out your update to your punching bag. Doesn't sound good.

Bec - glad your Mum is in hospital but I'm so sorry you've all been so crook. A few people i know have had gastro leading up to Chrissy. Hardly seems fair!

Tanya - woo hoo for broadband! Welcome back matey. I've missed your posts!

Melanie - ouchies @ Jack's leg. Glad it's nothing serious tho.

Dee - sounds like it's time for MIL to go home. Nothing like what she's doing to throw your routine out of whack, hey?

My house is out of whack... total pig sty. I need a day to get unpacked. I've put a heap of Gabby's old toys in the spare room. I want to buy a few big plastic crates to store them in (sort them out etc.). She's got all her new toys in her room and has been having a blast playing with them. She got SOOOOO much stuff. I took a photo of all her presents so I'll pop that on her website (aswell as other Chrissy photos).

Christmas day went well. We had to wake Gab to do the present thing. She wasn't all that fussed on opening presents (loved the ribbon more!) but she just loved her talking kitchen. It was very hard to get her to open other presents after that.
    I ended up running super late so it was a mad dash to Geelong. We got there about 11:30am (meant to be there by 11am). We opened presents and Gab hated it! She wasn't interested in the presents at all and just moaned and complained. Mum kept feeding her chocolate sultanas so she wasn't interested in lunch when it finally rocked around. We didn't get any really nice photos of her in her special Christmas outfit. She's still not 100% after the croup. All the attention and fuss just made her grumpy.
    She was pretty much the same on boxing day when we went to Dad's to do the Christmas thing. I woke up with a headache that morning so I struggled to get ready on time. We got there and everyone was all over us, passing us presents etc. Gabby was overwhelmed and I was trying not to vomit. I ended up having to run outside a couple of times because I thought breakfast was going to come up. They all smoke like chimneys so that didn't help. We got sooo spoilt with lovely presents but I felt so rude because I felt so crook. I ended up just sitting outside for a while. I ate a jubey lolly and started to feel better (than goodness!) so I was able to go back in and open the rest of Gabby's presents.
    Gab sooked all through lunch and was just generally a pain in the bum. She did love going on the new trampoline my neice got tho. It's one of the round ones with the enclosure? She had a fabbo time bouncing around with the bigger kids. She threw up from all the jiggling (my neice was funny... she started gagging and saying she was allergic to the vomit... crack up!). I cleaned it up but Gab didn't want to get off. She was on there for a good 20 minutes before she'd had enough. SO want to get one for her birthday!! LOL
    One plus... that night she slept brilliantly for the first night in a while. Not a peep out of her! I tell you, I needed it! She's been sleeping great ever since. She must be coming out the other end of it (finally!). She's still snotty and still has a slight cough. She's also more sooky and easily annoyed but I think she's glad to be home. Hopefully a little routine will help. She ate veges for dinner tonight... so thrilled about that! She's eaten so much crap over the last few days! Urrgh!

Deb, goodluck on finding a place for all of the old toys. We usually have a big clean out of the old toys before Christmas. Didn't really happen this year so now we are very over crowded with toys. Problem is all of the old stuff is still so good, I don't want to through it out.

Poor Gab, hopefully she gets back to her normal happy self soon. I know that Tehya got very overwhelmed on Christmas Day and she was well so I can imagine how it must've been for Gab.

Lucky you on getting a decent sleep. I am hoping this is the year we will get decent sleep

Trish, do what im doing - ebaying everything!! Am going to put the proceeds into my pressie account for next year, as christmas and the kids birthdays come out of that... Will be nice to have a little extra! (We're getting the boys a tramp next year too, they got their swingset put up yesterday arvo and adore it!!)

I just can't be bothered ebaying it all though Simone. I have 2 huge bags full of Tehya's clothes that need to be done too and I'm so tempted just to put them on as mystery bags LOL.

So good to hear that the boys like their swingset too. YAY you might get some peace from them for a while

Deb, just checked out Gab's christmas pics, very cute hun

Deb, LOL, your DH sounds just like mine when we were expecting Tom. We were both convinced that DH would have the snip as soon as the baby arrived. DH had even chatted to GP about it!! Now neither of us want it done yet so we can keep our options open. Never say never!! I'm glad Gaby's settling for you now.

Trish, sorry to hear that you don't get a rest from the boys even when they are away. Maybe when DH gets back from camping he can take Noah and Teyha out for a while.

Jack's still limping and grizzles occaissonally when he moves his foot the wrong way but is fine otherwise. Tom slept for 5 hours yesterday afternoon and then again for 5 hours until midnight, but then woke every 2 hours. I don't think we are on the way to him sleeping through yet, bummer. I guess 2 good sleepers would be too much to ask for LOL!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - yeah... ebay can be tedious when you've got lots of stuff. Maybe just do a few things at a time? Thanks for the comments re. the pics. I'm hoping my sisters and Mum have more. I haven't got one of Gab in her Chrissy outfit standing up. She was so grumpy so the day didn't lend itself to photos.

Simone - good idea putting the proceeds of your ebay toward next Christmas!

Melanie - there's hope then, hey? Maybe Neil will change his mind.... then I'll probably say "Nahh 2 is enough!" hehehe.
    Glad Jack is ok apart from a little pain in his foot. Hope it's back to normal soon. Sounds like you had some broken sleep there with Tom. Hard to get used to I imagine!

Gabby seems a bit better this morning. Still coughing but I think she's just happy to cruise around the house. She loves all her new toys so is spending heaps of time in her room. I've got so much to do but I can't be bothered! I need a housework fairy to come in overnight.
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; December 29th, 2006 at 08:40 AM.

Deb - just checked out Gabby's chrissy pics. She got loads!! SIL got her boys the talking kitchen for their cubby house, think SIL and i had more fun with it LOL

Time for a new thread everyone!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678