Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #3

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Chrissy... look at you! Still checking up on us even tho you now have your plate full with Miss Paige You're a gem!

Chrissy, good to see you in here. I hope Paige is going well for you. All too soon you will be talking about how much she is doing too

Deb, I heard about that school incident. Stupid boy's for doing that in the first place and to then go and tape it. Who know's what they were thinking.

LOL at your chicken's names. I think they make fantastic names and meals

I got Tehya 2 really cute pairs of thongs but she won't wear them she hates the toe bit. What size foot has Gab got ?? Tehya is already into a 5 - 6. If you want I can keep and eye out for some red shoes up here for you ??

Ok girls, now Deb and I have caught up, it's all of your turns now

I was planning on doing a bi catch up cos I read everything before soccer but had to go. Buuut I had a crash with a girl at soccer and can't move my right thumb & index finger ROFL. Hopefully tomorrow!

Ouchies Sarah, I hope your hand is ok. Cant't kill the typing hand

Hey all,

Thats better!!! A bit of typing from you all. yay.

Sarah - hope your finger is better. You could always dictate to Aaron and make him do the work for you? I'm sure he's a fast enough typist.

Eek on the bluetongue Deb! I would $hit myself I think. I remember when Lily brought in a legless lizard in Brisbane, and I was bloody petrified. It looked just like a small snake! That of course was before she bought in a possum, a magpie and all manner of other creatures. Poor Lucy - sounds like she is being teased a little.
    What size is Gabgab in now? Jenna is in a 5 pretty well. K Mart have some of the cutest little shoes at the moment. We got jenna a pair there last week, and she gets heaps of comments on them

Trish - wow busy week for you too! Jenna says "pardies Jenna" if any of us burp or fart too, its pretty cute. And when we laugh she then starts making noises in her throat and saying it over and over again!
    I've been trying to get her to say "more please mum" rather than just more. I'm afraid its worked too well. She now knows that if she says please we pretty much let her away with anything. And when she REALLY wants something, from mum or dad, its still "more please mum". Poor Shane is copping it.
    Joel is a ratbag isn't he! And fancy all the internet crap. I reckon mobiles should be banned from school. Its just going to make bullying worse I think.

Well our exciting news - we bought a new car! And when I say new...... I mean NEW!!! YAY!
    We have signed for a Nissan Xtrail, and its just lovely. We'll have to redraw the money off the mortgage, and we only got $5k as a tradein on the ute, but considering the ute was valued at $8k 2y ago in shane's divorce, we haven't lost too much on it. I still can't decide what colour to get - we have ordered steel grey, but I'm really leaning towards the gold colour. Hmmmm - decisions! So we will either sell this one in a year, or try and take it over with us to NZ. Shane and I had a massive row about it last night. He's always worried about the money side of things, which I get, but we haven't had a holiday this year, and the money we lose on a new car would be what we would have spent in 10days in Port Douglas! So at least we will enjoy it. I'm a happy girl. A bit scared - cause I know I'll scratch it first, but happy all the same.

Tanya is offline for a while Deb - there was a post in the messages forum about it.

OK - better get some lunch into this generous belly. Bubs dont grow on water.

YAY, we're back to chatting

Fi, sounds like Jenna has lovely little manners there too. LOL at her doing fake burps though, charmer. Tehya tries to smooch up to me if I go cranky or won't give her something, she starts kissing me. And yep, it pretty much works most of the time. Hey, who am I to knock back kisses.

Mobiles are banned from their school, but of course it doesn't stop them from taking them. The fight was actually before school at Macca's, but of course they were all in uniform. In all fairness it was neither Joel nor the other boy that taped the fight, just some random kid in the crowd.

Hope you had a good lunch and fed that little bubba of yours

A huge YAY!!! on getting a brand new car, that's fantastic. I can see how choosing colours would be a problem, I'd be indescisive (sp? I know I stuffed that one up) about it too.

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - ooeer on the new car! How exciting. I'm very jealous If it's any consolation, we haven't been on a proper holiday since our honeymoon 4 years ago, LOL. Not unless you count going to Echuca and staying in a caravan park?? Enjoy your new car tho. After the ute, it'll be like being on a holiday! And poo to Shane being so focussed on finances. Ya gotta live!! Neil can be a bit of a kill-joy in that area too. I had to giggle @ Jenna's "more please Mum". So cute! Thanks for filling me in about Tanya. I must have missed that somehow. It's amazing... I'm on here all the time yet I manage to miss soooo much.
    Gab is still in size 4 shoes but I'm thinking I should probably not buy any more size 4. I looked in Kmart in Warrnambool but no red shoes I'll have a look-see in some more shops when we're back in Geelong soonish (friend having a baby).

Sarah - how's the hand today? Ouch. Busy day at work?

Trish - yeah... I guess banning mobiles at school is just like everything they banned for us but we still managed to smuggle in. It'd be tough to monitor. Bummer @ Tehya not liking the toe bit in the thongs. They look sooo cute on. If you do see any little red summery-type shoes up your way, I'd appreciate that! They're proving tough to find. I even thought about those "Crocs".. uno the slip-on garden shoe-type things? They had a blue pair in Target but they were too small for Gab (and blue... lol) and there were no other small sizes. Something like those in red would even do. I guess I have to get used to not being able to get what I want here in the sticks, LOL.

Ok.. the chooks are named. Parma and Kiev. They are identical so they'll just have to interchange names until they grow some feathers that are distinctive, LOL.
    Neil is asleep today... thank God Gab is having a nap now. She's been off her day sleeps for a little while.
    I thought she was going to do a wee in the potty last night. I had her rudey and nudey for a good hour or so last night and I kept drawing her attention to the potty. She sat on it a few times and even stayed on it longer than usual (5 seconds instead of 1, LOL). I even tried to demonstrate (well... not really... just pretend, hahaha) but she just laughed. I think she knows what is meant to go in there. She points to her bum and says, "Psss" meaning "poos" then points to the potty. Time will tell, I guess. That whole hour she didn't wee or poo at all so maybe she knows to hold it in? Or am I clutching at straws here?

LOL Debbie - I think you are on the right track. The longer they can hold it, the better chance of TT. However - Jenna will hold it all in, then do 3 wees in the space of about 10mins.
    We had her in knickers last night, and she is just in love wiht them. She would almost rather be in knickers than nudies I reckon. Anyway she walked into near our bedroom, then came back saying "wees" and pointing. I couldn't find thespot until I turned on all the lights, but luckily it was juuuuust on the tiles.
    The night before she got up off the potty and did a wee right next to it. Ahh well.

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL... at least you know she'll love knickers when it's time to wear them FT. That's so cute tho

Tehya tells me wee's too, of course it's just a ploy to get her pants down. She sit's on the loo for 20 seconds if I'm lucky but still no wee. I think if we get one in there it might get the ball rolling, it's just matter of catching it.

She does try to copy Noah out in the yard though. I will often see her saying wee's and pulling up her top to pee in the garden, standing up like Noah...

Deb, I will keep an eye out on the shoes for you hun. Was doing a mental check before...no smart comments.. anyway I don't remember seeing any at Target or Big W. I was at K Mart yesterday and didn't look at shoes. What sort of budget are we talking... under $20 ???

Fi, how cute with Jenna and her knickers. Tehya has some little Pebbles ones, looks just like her.... They look so skinny in undies hey. But, no matter how I try she still wants a bare bum.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - not really worried too much about the price (so long as they're not OTT exe). Just something summery and pretty - either all red or mostly red (not maroon). Ta matey But don't go out of your way... just if you happen to see any in your travels...
    LOL @ Tehya trying to copy Noah going to the toilet. Oh the joys of having an older brother to copy, hey?

How fricken STUPID am I? I thought I'd go and get the groceries out of the way tonight so I wrote up a list, grabbed the shopping bags, chucked Gab in the car (all rugged up) and off we went! It's a 25 minute drive into town but it's quite a pleasant drive. Got to the supermarket. Grabbed the bags, mobile, keys.... forgot my bloody purse!! How stupid is that?? I had $5 in the console. That's it. Urrgh!
    So we drove all the way home and Gab was over the car so there was no chance of driving back (not that I really wanted to anyway). So Gab and I got take-away for dinner. It was crap I just can't believe how DENSE I can be. I swear I get thicker and thicker every day. Eh... at least we got out of the house and went for a drive??
    Hoping for nicer weather tomorrow so that Gab and I can go to the Warrnambool show (while Neil sleeps).

Hey Deb, maybe while your out at the show you can get some grocery shopping done too

Buggar about leaving your purse at home. Good thing you worked it out before you did the shopping and that you didn't run out of fuel.

See, it really could've been worse

Sounds to me like a case of preggie brain Deb. I get it alllll the time now!
    But that is totally annoying. Takeaway sounds good though. Are there many options in town? All you really need is a good fish and chip shop and a good chinese shop, and youa re pretty much set I spose. Still - always nice to have options when you are feeling lazy

How cute on little pebbles knickers Trish. We just got the softies ones, we have about 8 pairs of them I spose, and just use them at night. They soak up most of the wee, you still get a little on the floor, but its heaps better than if nothing there. They are only about $2.29 each or something liek that from Best and Less or the supermarket??
    Jenna calls them her knick-knicks. Quite amusing really.

Fi, are they the padded sort, like training pants ?? If so Tehya has a few pair's, I got her hot pink ones for Best and Less. I find they sell nice small undies for the kids. Everywhere else has them too big.

Another great place to get little undies from is the Asian stores. You know how all of their sizes are smaller than ours anyway, well it works the same with kids undies too.'

Aww cute @ the knick - knicks.

We have way too many restaurants around here. Macca's, Thai, Domino's, Pasta/steak place and a few fish and chip places, Sorry don't forget the chook places, KFC, Red Rooster and all the rest of that crap. Great that they are local but not so good for the butt or the wallet.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - I thought the same thing about the fuel... it was lucky that the tank was half full. Urrgh... silly woman I am!

Fi - there's 1 restaurant in town which has a grrreat reputation. Apparently people used to travel up from Halls Gab in Limos to dine there because of the great food. They've since opened another one in Hamilton so the one here in Dunkeld has slowed down a bit. We booked in to go there one night but we didn't make it. Then there's a cafe/takeaway type shop that do a bit of everything - fish and chips, pizza, salad rolls, pies, pasties. The home-made pies are yum (Neil reckons they taste like Beaumont's pies) and the home-made slices are to die for! They make a cherry slice just like Mum used to make when I was a kid. Then there's the pub which has nice meals but a bit pricey. It's actually quite a fancy pub for being out in the sticks! I think I would prefer a more regular one. There's no bottle shop so it costs a fortune to buy take away over the counter (so I discovered when I had to pay $42 for a bottle of Jim Beam... ouch!). So we have to plan ahead of time if we want drinks and grab them in town.
    That's it. There's no chinese restaurant tho. I'm not too phased - not a big fan of chinese.

Can you believe that Tehya has only just gone to sleep. he has been awake all day, since before 7 am. I don't know how she does it. But if she thinks she's dropping her daytime nap she's got another thing coming.

Sounds like you have some ok places there to grab a feed from Deb.

Wow at the $42 botle of Beam though, that's ridiculous. Maybe you need to get a stock up at home ??? But hide it so it doesn't get drank all at once

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe yeah.. that's the problem, Trish. If it's here, we drink it!
    Wow @ Tehya not sleeping at all. She's like a little energizer bunny!

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678