Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #4

You know, I think your right there. It's more a case for people who don't know how it feels who stuff up and say the wrong thing. I very clearly remember the comments when Daniel (my brother) died. I also got the comments when TTC Brandon and Tehya. The others were pretty quick so no need for them.

It's true too when people say don't think about it and it will happen. How can you not think when DTD if this will be the time that makes a baby. Kind of takes the romance out of it sometimes.

Damn sinuses are playing up badly with the wind. Too scared to take any sinutab or anything like that though, after what happened last time, I'm scared that it will cause it all to block up again.

LOL, Noah is grosing out, he's in doing nuggets and yells out, Oh yuck, get me out of here, it stinks !!! PMSL, pretty bad when you can't stand the smell of yourself. HEHE, Mark get's butt wiping duty.

Good luck today Sarah - here's hoping they tell you to suffer without an xray I'll be on tonight to check if you have any news. Fingers crossed for you.

Charting - I couldn't do it. I know why people do, so I get all of that, but I subscribe to the school of shag like rabbits around O time and then hope for the next 2 weeks. I think the temping to find "O" is all good and smart - its the temping afterwards thats stressful. Does that make sense?
    And we all have some sort of bad luck with babies etc. I still dont know what I'd rather have. A long time TTC or a missed m/c. I think they are both a little tough, but I guess neither one knows what the other is like until you go through it.

We went to Bunnings this morning. Shane said he wanted to look at tools wiht Jenna, and I had to find the pond pumps, so after sitting there waiting for 5mins for him I decided to treat myself to a coffee and a bikkie. Bugger him! When he finally came along he found me with my feet up and he had to take Jenna on the playground. Hardeha!! So she went down the curly slide for the first time by herslef! Exciting stuff. Of course out of the 6-7 times, 3 times she ended up head first, but oh well, it will sink in eventually.
    Our energizer bunny is in bed asleep. She is the rechargeable sort. Thankfully!!!

Trish - they are the knickers we have too. The lining soaks up a little of the wee, but they still go all the way through and onto the floor. Thank god for tiles huh?
    Jenna is a shocker sleeping too at the moment. She and Eliza have the same bug (thats what happens when you hang out with the ferals in the neighbourhood - and yes she does normally have a wine bottle hanging out of a paper bag. Hehehehe. Actually its a cask!!) so last night she was awake about 3 times with a snotty nose and heavy breathing until shane ended up sleeping with her. She climbs my tummy if I do that duty, and at the moment its too sore for me.

Ooh - I'm very excited for Sarah - I hope its good news.

Fi, my kids love going to Bunnings. Noah loves the munchie machine and the play centre. Tehya just likes to be able to run off, that girl does not like sitting in a trolley.

LOL at Bec with her cask of wine. Poor Jenna, I hope she shakes her cold soon. Maybe you need ot hide her from the ferals

We have tiles too, but it can be dangerous when there's wee and you don't see it. Poor Tehya has piddled and then gone to walk off and slipped over a beauty. I swear I've nearly broken my neck a few times on this floor when it's wet.

I don't blame you for not climbing into bed with Jenna either, especially not with a bub in tum. I remember only too well Noah crashingout on my belly. Actually I have a picture of us in the bath and he cuddled up to my belly and crashed out, it's very sweet.

Birthday party was ok, they good on heaps of yummy food. Mark and I just hung out together like nerds. Lucky we don't mind each others company. Hmm except for the dig we had at each other when getting some lunch. I said something to him, he told me to shut up, I gave him THAT look and handed him the handful of bread I had for our sausage sandwichs and left him to do it. Other than that we had fun picking on people we didn't know

The birthday girls mum is pg again and due on xmas day. Don't think I could handle 2 kids 14 months apart. but I guess you just cope hey...

Debbie Lee Guest

Doh.... no news from Sarah yet?? Here I was thinking I was super-dooper late.

Hmm Seem's she is stringing us out. Or MAYBE, she's too busy on the phone .....

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - good effort at Bunnings!! WTG hehehe. Clever Jenna on the slide - LOL @ her coming down head first a couple of times. Hope Jenna feels better soon.

Trish - glad you nerds had a good time @ the party, hehehe. OMG I was PMSL @ Noah grossing himself out on the loo. That's a crack up. Oh... flashbacks to when my sisters were little. They'd holler from the loo, "Somebody wipe my bottom!!!". Ick...the joys of being an older sibling, hahaha.

Had a good day today. Gab and I went to the show. We had a dagwood dog each. Yum! Gab had a ride on a piggy train. She was reluctant to get on until she saw that other kids were doing it too. It was too small for me to join her. She had such a great time that she chucked THE biggest tantrum when the man took her out of the seat. I literally had to hold her down to get her to sit back in the pram. Sheesh! We had a look around then stopped to get an icecream and watch the little 2-man circus they had. It was really good... juggling, pony tricks, ducks... all of that stuff. Gab was enthralled. I grabbed her a Hi-5 showbag (wanted New Macdonalds farm but they must have sold out at the Geelong show ). It had an option of a DVD or a backpack. I chose the DVD but the girl threw the backpack in too! Ripper! I got my Darrell Lea showbag (which is decidedly more expensive and less full than what it was when I was a kid!). We saw our friends there running the chocolate fountain. I scored a couple of punnets of strawberries off them as they'd over-catered.
    I did the groceries while we were in Warrnambool too because they've got a big Bi-Lo... ooo and I just happened to walk past Best N Less... then walked back and straight in. $180 later, I walked out. They have UNREAL underwear in there! Gab scored some more clothes too. I'm hopeless.

I'm here checking on Sarah too............ Maybe she's going to avoid us for a few days? I held my secret in for a week or so after I got a BFP. Naughty old me
    Deb - sounds like you had fun at the show! Shane's Dad got jenna a showbag through shane's brother, and for some reason they thought the powder puff girls was a good idea??? WTF?? What 18mo is allowed to watch them? I wish I didn't now know there was a Hi5 bag. Jenna goes ape at K mart cause they have all the hi5 gear, but its from 3y up.
    Yahoo on the shopping blitz. Sounds like fun!! How long does it take to get to Warnambool from Dunkeld?
    Now that we have a new car (YAY) we will plan a weekend away - maybe come up your way? We shall see. I wont be able to do much until I've popped this sucker out.

Bec does know I was joking about the ferals in the neighbourhood doesn't she? Bec - you know I love you
    Anyway, while I was cooking dinner shane went for a walk up the street with Jenna and met the new people who are building around the corner. There are only 2 vacant blocks now, and one is next to us.. I bet they start building when the next one comes along!! So the woman is pretty young with a 12mo and a 3yo, so instantly I thought "PLAYDATE!!!" but apparently she was fagging away and yelling at the kids, so maybe not......

LMAO on the party Trish. I've been known to be at parties like that too. And liek you say - at least you like Mark! And always a good score when there is nice food. Sounds like you would have liked Deb's party last week She does nice food.

Well - I guess I'll be checking for Sarahs yay or nay in the morning. Heres hoping.

Debbie Lee Guest

That'd be good if you get good neighbours, Fi. Pity about her fagging on tho... maybe she was having a bad day?? As for the powder puff girls showbag... hmmm yeah... interesting choice for an 18 month old. Some people just have no idea.
    You guys are more than welcome here if you do decide to come up this way. Ooo that'll mean newborn bubby cuddles! Hoorah!
    Warrnambool is only an hour away... not too bad at all. It has all the shops that Geelong has - some even better! That's a bonus.

Ooo that reminds me. They have a horse mob down there that do rides along the beach! I've always wanted to ride a horse along the beach (we had a horse when I was about 15 named Fred. He was 3 million years old and the closest beach was the Fairy Dell... not really a great beach to ride horses on, hahaha). I may have to drop hints to Neil for my bday. Although... I may be preggers by then... hmmm... eh... something to do if I don't get preggers!! hehe

Deb, Noah comes out with so much stuff that cracks us up. Yesterday, as we were parking the car another car passes us with a dog hanging his head out. Noah thought it was fantastic, and then comes his comment. Maybe somebody farted in there and it stinks !!! LMAO, I am giggling as I write this.

Then tonight, he was sitting on the lounge next to Mark. Mark must've farted coz next thing I hear is YUCK!!! Dad move, I don't want to smell your cake hole. Oh the things that amuse me.

I would have loved to have gone to Deb's party. She must have lost the invite to me in the post.

Fi, maybe that woman needs to smoke with her 2 kids. LOL. There's been many a time where I said I need to take up smoking. Either that or drinking...

Deb, sounds like you had a good shopping spree this afternoon. Good on you girl. Bargain at getting the extra stuff in the show bag too. Got to love freebies

Come on Sarah, our night is on hold girl

Debbie Lee Guest

Hahahaha... OMG... Noah is hilarious!! Smell your cake hole??? PMSL!
    Oi! I told you that you were more than welcome to come... not my fault you live too far away!!

Gab is in love with the flashcards she got in her showbag. She spent a good half hour looking at them. She likes the hat too but it's a bit too big for her. I HAD to put water in the drink bottle too (even tho she'd already had her bottle).

Is it wrong that my daughter has been trying to tongue pash me?? LOL She thinks it's funny to hold my face and shove her tongue in my mouth. Ewwww!

Geez woman, I nearly choked on my very delicious pork crackling. I think they all go through that, all of my kids have been pashers.

Next housewarming party you have I promise to get down there for. Just so long as I can stay with ya

Debbie Lee Guest

Of course... plenty of room.
    Ewww @ pork crackling... I'll have some white meat tho?? Ta!

Deb, normally I don't eat it either but it was so yummy. We cooked a pork loin roll that we got from Aldi, did some baked vegies with it. Delish

There's plenty of left overs here for you.

Noah and Tehya are sunburnt on their cheeks. Despite the sunblock and hats. Well, the hat that Tehya kept taking off. If they get burnt it's always just under their eyes. Not too bad thankfully, but will probably mean and extra freckle each for them.

Tehya has had so much boob this afternoon. Not sure if she's just thirsty or what ?? Offered her a bottle which she drank some of but is back on me again for about the 6 th time since 4.30 this afternoon.

Sorry sorry sorry. Didn't get into the Drs un til 6.30pm then had dinner etc etc. Sadly, no bubba for me just yet. So I have had some wine & am about to watch a movie & munch on MnMs Thanks for the well wishes though, much appreciated. Xray is booked fo tomorrow.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwwwwwwwwww frick!!!
    I'm so sorry, Sarah
    Enjoy the choccy and wine fix, mate...

Aw sarah - well I hope your finger is going to be OK. Poor little thing.
    We munched jenna's between 2 trolley's today at the supermarket. Boy can that kid scream!!
    Enjoy those M&Ms and more importantly the wine!!!!! I had a wee glass tonight of red, and its not gone down well. Darned heartburn.

PMSL Trish on the fart comments. I have never heard that about dogs sticking their head out the window!! I'll try it on Shane - he'll think its hilarious. Last night shane said "f&*%ing Jesus" and thankfully Jenna only repeated the "jesus" bit. Phew. I can just imagine her dropping the C-bomb in front of my mother. But I dont think everyone can understand all her words. She says Tuddles instead of cuddles, and we have to interpret it for people. Oh well.

ANd YEAH RIGHT on the crackling!!! Who really passes up crackling when its on offer?? Shane and I fight over all the good bits. Thus the reason I'm a size 14, not a size 10

Here's to a sleep in hopefully girls. Will our babies behave and sleep in til 7am? (well the new 7am anyway) I can only hope!!!!

lol Fi..I never even spotted where the insults were, as yes I think Eliza picked up something from Jenna pmsl She is all snotty too we have the vaporiser on last night and tonight
    Deb:I laughed at your charting sagas, I payed a doctor to figure that all out and it still didnt work so there is no chance for me.
    Sarah: Sooo sorry sweets for this month
    Trish:Sounds like you guys had a warm day, its a bugga those sunhats. Who said that staple guns are chld abuse
    Quiet day here work tomorrow so i best be organised least its mum on childcare tomorrow she can always duck to the shops and buy all the things I always forget like food and nappies
    Bec

Sarah, sorry to hear there is no bubba yet. I hope you enjoy that wine tonight then. Fingers crossed (mine, not yours coz their sore) that your xray goes good too.

Fi, trust me, those are the word's they pick up very clearly. And no one ever mishears them. Damn it. Noah must be up with the fart things atm, I forgot to tell you, today at the party, they had just finished siging happy birthdya so everyone was around, Noah was on Mark's shoulders so he could see over the crowd, I told him very quietly to fart on dad's back, so he blows a raspberry that wasn't very loud but then in the loudest voice say's I fated !!! Everyone looked and people laughed, of course there was a video camera running too so I bet it's on their daughters first birthday movie...

Bec, funny I said today I needed a staple gun to stick it on her head. Letting your child get sunburnt is child abuse too so why shouldn't we be able to use a staple gun then

Maybe Tehya has a little sunstroke and will sleep all night for me.... Yeah right

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast