Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #4

I am being bad today and not doing any work. It is cup day tomorrow and so most people are having the day off so I am having a nice relaxing read on the internet. I do have things to do but I can't be bothered. I thought that I should post because it is so quiet in here. You need at least one more voice! I must admit that I have been quite a bit of a lurker for the past year. It is hard to find the time to type - especially working fulltime.

Deb, Welcome back. I hope that everything is ok. It wasn't the same without your friendly chat for a few days there.
    Bec, Charlotte eats much better at childcare and for her grandparents. It is just for her mum and dad that she won't eat. All she wants is "cheese".
    Simone, we are still on the boob and dummy. I don't think that either of those will be given away for a while yet. I love Xander only eating the cheese and veg sandwiches. He obviously has great strength of will. The other children just bow to the peer pressure. ;-)
    Trish, I hope that Tehya is ok. I always take Charlotte to the doctor if I am in doubt. Even if they can't do anything then I feel better that I am doing all I can. I hope that the police decide that it isn't worth doing anything about Joel's fight.
    Sarah, get better soon. Food poisoning is awful.

Charlotte is doing well. Growing up quickly - at the moment she seems to be picking up new words every day. So much so that when her dadda took her to the park she echoed the awful word that some big girls were using. My husband was completely appalled that his baby had learnt such a word. We are just about to start trying to baby number two, which is scary and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by morv View Post
    I love Xander only eating the cheese and veg sandwiches. He obviously has great strength of will. The other children just bow to the peer pressure.
    LOL morv, he's been shocking with food for about 2 years, complete contrast to my 19mo who LOVES anything... even stir fry's full of veges, he'll eat the lot.

Declan's going great in his bed, only prob is he's learned how to open his door!! We live in an old house, with high door handles, and normally the boys cant open them, but they jump up on Xanders bed and lean right over... Little buggars. Xander's teaching Declan everything he knows... which is how to be a naughty ratbag!!

YAY more chatting.

So is this going to be a permanent thing ?? More visits from you and Charlotte?? I hope your enjoying your not so busy day at work hun. Hope you get your BFP quickly once you decide it's time, of course.

Simone, don't you jut love little boys... Shame they grow up into big ones sometimes I am still deciding when to get Tehya into a bed, it's not like she sleep's alot in the cot anyway. But she's still so little (size wise), well in my eye's anyway. Not sure if it will be a good thing or not with her.

Sarah, sorry to hear that your sick. What did you eat ?? Noah loves Nemo too, I don't know how many times i have watched the movie. I think it's at the begining when you have to choose play, or scene where Dory keeps saying, just keep watching, just keep watching. Get's stuck in my damn head.

Deb, welcome back hun, I hope your feeling a little better. A cure for the la la's hey, hmmm not sure I can write it on here. Something about a rubber hammer is all I remember. LOL.

We have the hugest stash of dvd's. Our newest one's are Monster House and a new Tom and Jerry, not sure if that's even out yet I haven't watched it yet.

Went to the Dr, sat in the waiting room for over an hour, there were only 3 people in front of me. Tehya has a virus, which is what I expected. She told me bonjela for her ulcer and either panadol or nurofen to keep her comfortable.

Noah has a nice cold too, nothing to stress over, just a yummy nose.

Hey all - big day here, went for a massive drive in the new car up to the Yarra Valley, so I'm just checking in before dinner. Speaking of which.......

I'll type more again soon.

Feeling a bit seedy again now, so am thinking it might be a bug of some sort, hopefully Zander & Aaron won't get it too

LOL at getting just keep watching in your head Trish, for me it's usually "The little mermaid" and I say it over & over to Aaron just like Dory does to drive him nuts ROFL!

Yay for TTC again Maryann, how exciting We're still working on #2 as well!

Zander can now officially jump, two feet off the ground - yaaaaay I think all the practice at gymnastics has helped, but he decided of all places to test it out last night, in the shower LOL! But he managed without falling over too much!

He also said "la you" (love you) for the first time when I put him to bed last night without me saying it first. Awwww! I know he doesn't quite understand what it means, but it melted my heart that's for sure.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - Awww... what a clever little man! LOL @ him jumping in the shower. Ooops!

Trish - how is Tehya feeling? Noah any better?

Maryann - glad to hear that you and Charlotte are well

Simone - LOL @ your cheeky boys and opening the door. Older siblings are great for teaching nordy tricks.

LOL I am coming back but Deb...I think I accidently sent you a text to say I was home.

OK - back properly this time!

Sounds like everyone is doing OK.
    Maryann - good luck for No. 2, hope its nice and quick for you. I hear ya on the picking words up. I am sure our daughter will start coming out with some beauties soon! Bad influences I'm afraid. Come back and post again soon

Bec - I hope your trip was OK, and yesterday went to plan.

Sarah - Cute little Zander How sweet for him to say that! And two feet jumping - WOOHOO Hope you dont get too sick.

Deb - I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We nearly came visitng yesterday. Needed a drive, and I almost suggested hamilton, but my alcoholic tendencies got the better of me and we did the Yarra instead. Darn it all beign the driver!

Trish - Hope Tehya comes right soon too. Jenna wont let us put Bonjella anywhere near her mouth. Guess you have more luck??

No news from me - MG this morning which went OK as I MADE shane come along. So he cuddled all the little bubbies which he really enjoyed, and all the mums chilled out. It was pretty good.
    Jenna is sleeping sooooooo badly at the moment. Like the worst in ages. Its killing us both. WE are getting wakeups from 12-1, and then again from 4-5am. Grrr. I'm hoping its just the teeth and she will get back to sleeping through til 5-6am again soon.
    Oh to have a baby that slept til 7am. I can only dream!

Happy Melbourne Cup Day all - hope you put some money on a horse that wins back for you

Sarah, how cute Zander saying love you. I have been telling Tehya for a while but only hear it in return ocassionally. YAY at him being able to jump with both feet now too. It's so cute to watch hey. Is he proud of himself when he does it?? Teh thinks it's so funny.

Fi, aww at Shane cuddling with the bubba's at MG. I'm hearing you on the no sleep hun. It's bloody horrible hey. Hoping you get the chance to catch some extra zzz's if Jenna goes down for a nap. Nope, no luck on the bonjela here either. I just have to be brave and stick my finger in there and rub around aimlessly, srisking getting my finger bitten off.

Deb, how's things going in your life hun ?? Hope Gab is being a good girl for you.

Tehya is still off. Sooking like mad. Sleeping worse than ever. We got 30 miutes out of her yesterday afternoon and she didnt go down until around 8 ish lastnight, up again by 10.30 and into bed with me because I couldn't settle her anywhere else. Then the horrible night shift starts with her waking up screaming every few hours.

I still took her to swimming, mean mummy I am. Usually we get a good sleep after it and what I wouldn't do for a break. She didn't do very well today, spewed and pooed when she was in the pool. Poor chicken. Of course didn't notice the poo until she got out. Looks like she has the runs now too. Did a massive one everywhere at mum's right down to her socks.

Cracked it lastnight and told then all I was leaving. Just fed up with the whole lot. Not much better today. I really think I need some decent sleep to be able to cope with the constant whinging that Tehya is handing out atm.

Trish - I hear ya. Its a killer. Last nights wakeup was 12 and shanewentto sleep with her til 6am, and and then I slept with her til 7:20am. Which is nice, but I'd rather she did the whole thing by herself and actually let mum and dad sleep in bed together.
    But she has been good this morning. She ate her breakfast, and while I was doing somebaking she got her bowls out and banged them, then put them away by herself. So I can't complain as long as she behaves.
    The sleep is such a killer, and if it weren't for a few of us having the same issues I probably would have cracked by now and tried some less "gentle" options. But having everyone around battling the same issues helps.

Can you get a night away from them all?? Even just you and Tehya? Mayeb she will give you a few nights reprieve after this latest bout of runny bum. Ya poor thing

My mum and sister are coming over next weekend, which will be really nice. They haven't seen Jenna since Jan, and Katy hasn't been to Oz for about 15y, so it will be a really neat trip for her. Quick though - only 4d for my sister and 6d for my mum. There is a quilt market in Melb that they have to go to on the Sat.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - aww how nice to have your Mum and sister over for a while. Maybe you'll be able to sneak in some nanna naps while they are there (they can take Jenna out for a while?). I'm sorry you haven't been getting much sleep. Wish I could pass on some of Gab's sleepy vibes. She sleeps too much (tho I am not complaining!).

Trish - I agree with Fi. Maybe time for you to get away from it all. Hey, jump on a plane with Tehya and I'll come and pick you up from the airport. You can come and say in bonnie Dunkeld for a while??

Bec - I didn't get that text that you accidently send? Maybe a different Debbie??

Ok... just gotta share (proud Mummy here). Gab does the cuuuutest thing. Uno that song on Playschool:
    "Do you put you hat on your leg, on your leg?
    Your hat on your leg?
    Ah ahh, Ah ahh"..
    Sounding familiar? Anyway, I sing it to Gab whenever I'm getting her dressed... "do you put your pants on you head, on your head?" etc. She does the Ah ahh bit! She used to do the second Ah ahh but now she does the first one and right at the exact time she's meant to. It's sooooo cute. My sisters and Mum reckon it's ever so clever. Just makes me wanna eat her up!! LOL

Deb, one day I might well take you up on that offer. I hope it's sincere

Aww how cute is Gab. Clever little puss she is. Good to see she knows that her hat pants don't go on her head either.

Fi, yeah it is good to know that others are still getting the same crappy sleeps. Well, not nice for the others, but ykwim.

Hope you ave a great time with your Mum and sis over. So I guess you'll be off BB for the week hey. The time will go too fast, shame they weren't staying longer.

I agree with Deb too, make use of them to watch Jenna so you can grab some sleep.

I am feeling abit better today, thank God. Tehya ended up having a good nap late yesterday, she wasstill a cow to get down lastnight though and woke up a few times but not as badas the night before. She is still sick, off colour, her tongue looks so sore and the drool is shocking, I have a bib on her constantly, poor bubba.

Did some retail therapy today Got myself a new mobile, Nokia 6280. It's on a plan, I really didn't expect them to give it to me, my credit rating is up the you know what. So Deb, now I'll be able to msg you back hun.

Also got myself some new shoes, handbag and fascinator for the races. I am going on the 18th to Rosehill for ladies day. All up it cost me $100, I got $20 for a special they were running, if you got all 3 you got the discount. The girl tried to tell me she couldn't do it as the thing I got was a fascinator and not a hat. Shame they have it in their catalogue as a hat and the tag says it too so she had to give it to me. The shoes weren't in there either. Apparently they will be in by next Thursday, they'd better be or you will all hear me screaming. Funny thing though, I got a bargain on my dress, that only cost me $50. Shoes cost more than my dress LOL.

Can't wait, a long day out without children

Trish - sounds luverly, and just what you need ATM. And the phone - woohoo! Iwould love a new phone, but its so not required. Mine does what it needs to. Poor Tehya, little bubby sounds not too well

I dont know if the fam-dam are into babysitting for me to get some sleep. Usually its more about trying to cram in as much as we can in a few days, so when they leave I'm more tired than when they came. so I expect I will be playing chaffeur and host for our lovely city. Oh well. I'd rather they didnt crash the new car by driving it around without me!

I have a sick little chickadee here Had a monster spew last night over me, the cot, the floor the wall.... His bed is in the ,iddle of the room & managed to hit the wall a good metre+ away, yuck. All was good overnight & for the drive to work then he chucked in the office twice. Lucky we only have lino LOL! And smart mummy took a change of clothes just in case Sooo hoing he's better for Hi-5 on Sunday.

Debbie Lee Guest

Aww Sarah... sorry to hear Zander is so sick. Ewww @ the projectile vomit. Deeeelightful. Hope it's just a 24 hour thing.

Trish - woo hoo for retail therapy. Sounds like you're gonna have a great day at the races. The Dunkeld Cup is on the 18th too but I'm going on a shopping trip (have been the last 2 years). Neil's work has a corporate tent so he'll be there swillin' beer with his mates. I was hoping to be preggo by then so it wouldn't matter if I missed out on free grog... but I doubt that'll be the case. Eh... the shopping trip is loads of fun anyway
    BTW... I'm totally genuine. You're ALL welcome ANYTIME. We're in such a handy spot for touristy things... close to Warrnambool, Mt. Gambier, Port Fairy, Halls Gap etc. etc. We're in the middle of it all. So we're a handy base, really

Fi - still try to take it easy tho, mate. Be tough with ya ma... she's meant to help not stress you out more (tho I often wonder the same thing about my Mum... hahaha).

Gabby had her first interstate trip today. We went to Mt. Gambier for the day (only an hour and a half away from us). We had a counter meal, looked at the shops then went to look at the Blue lake and the other lakes. There's an awesome playground down there so we spent most of the time playing around. I was rapt... there were swings there big enough to fit my fat butt in them! Yee har! I was swingin' like a kid. Neil thought I was silly - but that doesn't take much to do.

Hey all
    Sarah - I'm really sorry to hear Zander isn't too well. Hopefulyl Hi5 isn't a blowout for you. And hopefully the bum doesn't start up

Deb - the playground sounds cool - and yay for the interstate trip. Did you get her passport stamped

OK - preggy advice needed. I reckon I'm in early labour. What the hell am I supposed to do here? I dont think its anything too intense yet, but at the same token, I dont want things to get too far along and it mean they can't be stopped if you know what I mean?
    I'm getting quite nasty period pains and back ache - it was pretty bad today and I called the hossy to ask them, and the same old - take a panadol, have a hot shower, and get some sleep line. Well I did all that, and they went away, but now they have started up again.
    I'm not getting any "tightenings" as such in my uterus, but some of these pains are pretty ouchy. Not like real labour of course, but still, to me it says something is starting to happen.
    I had just had 3 in 30mins at 10min intervals. They have stopped again (its been 20mins since my last one) so I reckon I should just go to bed and sleep them off, but do you guys know what I mean?
    I'd rather not have a premmie baby, and if there is something that needs to be checked out, should it bedone now, and what can they do?
    What do you guys think?

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh gosh, Fi. I have no idea... some help I am, hey? I guess my best advice is not to ignore your instincts. If you think something is happening, maybe go to the hossy and get them to put you on a CTG to see if they are contractions or not (tho I am not a big fan of those machines... bloody well wouldn't pick up my contractions...but you're not a fatty-boom-ba like me, LOL). Could it be Braxton Hicks??

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast