Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #4

Fi, I think the midwives say that because there are so many panicky women out there. Did you tell them that it's not your first baby ?? If you feel that something isn't quite right then get your butt down to the hossy. Is bub still moving plenty ?? What about you ?? Any leakages, extra fluid ??? I can't believe that given your only 34 + weeks that they haven't asked you to come in for a monitor, atleast if you were contracting they could give you meds to stop them, either that or drugs for bubs lungs.

Don't ignore your gut feelings hun. Better to go and look silly at the hosp than to stay home and have your baby in the shower.. Not that that isn't a good thing. Just not at 34 weeks And if this does turn out to be nothing, make sure not to push yourself when your mum is here. I can imagine that you would want to cramp everything into the time you will have together, but still, you are very pregnant hun. When she is back home who is going to look after you if end up on bed rest ??

Deb, thanks hun. Flights to Melbourne are pretty cheap too. Victoria (schmickers wife), my midwife, now lives in Port Maquarie and she had offerend for me to go on a holiday up there for a few days with Tehya too. Flight is so expensive though, $260 return. I can get to Melbourne for under $200.

Sounds like you guys had a great day. Yahoo for finding a real sized swing. I had those rubber sort of ones that curve to your butt, the handles always stick into my sides and bruise me, build great for kiddies, just not mummies.

Sarah, poor Zander. Good to see he's still good at his massive spew's. I hope he get's better soon and that like Fi said, it doesn't go to his butt.

Went into Kmart tonight with Mark. He got the kids this gorgeous play kitchen to go into the cubby house he is building them. The kitchen is going away for Chrissy, even though Noah saw it, we told him it was for his cousins.

Debbie Lee Guest

Aww won't Noah get such a surprise when he sees it's for him! Yay for a cubby house. Neil has to build one for Gabby. I think he's pretty excited by the prospect.
    Like I said, Trish.. anytime If flights are so cheap, why not? It's not like you'll have to pay for accomodation or food

Hope all is ok, Fi... thought about giving you a call but I don't want to wake any of you if you managed to get to sleep...

Deb, I bet we'll both be on here early to check on Fi. I sure hope all is well too hun.

What if you didn't like me when I got down there and all the time you were waiting for me to p off and go home I'm sure Gab and Tehya would have fun together though. Or maybe given that Tehya is a cow she might be nasty to poor little Gab

Go to his bum? Guys are you forgetting the Toddler's Diorreha I deal with every single day? Like there would be any difference Still spewy though, I was up between 3am-4am cleaning his bed again. So pleasant when I have to go to work today *sigh* I've never had to deal with this sort of thing before, when should I get him to the Drs?

Fi, if you are concerned I'd get into see someone soon. Good luck!!

Sarah, as long as he is hydrated there really isn't much your Dr can do for you. Try to keep up Zanders fluids and as long as he hasn't got a temp or anything he should be right. Oh yeah, sorry, forgot about his constant runny butt too.

Do you think he may have whatever was upsetting your stomach the other day ??? Maybe wait out the day and see how he goes throughout it.

My Dr says kids will always spew at either 11pm or 3 am. Reckons it's built in to them to disturb us as soon as we get to bed, or when we are fast asleep I think she might be on to something.

Hope he gets better soon. Go to work and find a desk to hide under !!

Ok, I'm going to make myself sound really stupid here, but how do I tell if he's dehydrated? I know when they're little their fontanelles sink, but what about now? Yeah I think it's just the same bug I had, he seems to be ok until he eats & thats the same as I was. He hasn't really had much to eat since Tuesday, which is bad enough as he lost 400gm last month with his runny bum Mum managed to get him to have an apple yesterday & he had a bikkie with me last night, but he doesn't even want to drink or anything. ALthough he did have a little bit of an electrolyte ice block which is something.

Anyway I'm rambling here, better get him out of bed & into the car. Just what he needs - an hour to work then an hour home with a sick belly.

Hey all. Bec G (my brains trust) and I headed into hossy last night for a couple of hours. They put me on the CTG and confirmed that yes there are "tightenings" there every 10mins or so. I could have told them that

In the end they took a urine test cause they thought it could be a UTI, but I haven't got any of those symptoms either, so I dont think so. They gave me a couple of sedatives and told me to go home and try to get a good nights sleep and take it easy. Yeah right with my child!!!

I just feel like things are off - ya know? And the annoying thing is I know my body. The baby isnt engaged (not that means a pile) and with all the prelabour I had last time, one would think I know what I'm doing. I told them it was second child and all, and all I really care about is not having a baby at 35w!! Anyway, maybe a cruisy day will take the pains away.
    Bec G is completely mad - can you believe she wanted to take me into hossy? At that time of night? Anyway, she was very helpful - thanks mate. But my child woke up cause of that ****head over the road, and it took me a while to resettle her (she ended up pooing in her night nappy), but in the end slept from about 12:30 to6:30, so that was good.

Sarah - sorry about Zander. Keep his fluids up - try and force as much as you can into him during the day. I found that made a huge difference with Jenna. If you can get them in when he is still happy enough, it makes it easier for the next couple of days when he might be off his food. And you take him in when you think he's not right. It doesn't matter whether you feel silly or not, just do it if he starts up. Hopefully you will get lots of lovely cuddles over the next few days though - thats the only good part about being sick!! Maybe call and make an appt for tomorrow which can be cancelled if he comes right?

Trish - yay for the kitchen and the cubby house!! Do Tehya and Noah share well? can you give them a joint present like that and it goes down OK? I can't wait to get Jenna a cubby and a kitchen etc. I reckon she will love them At the baby expo there was a little one set up, and she went in to play with the othe kids in it. One of them gave her a duster and was showing her how to dust things. She thought it was awesome

Deb - thanks for the thoughts. You could have called - but Shane wouldn't have been to impressed! I was strapped to a table at 11pm, and then trying to wee for the next 30mins, so it wouldn't have worried me too much.

Sarah - I think an easy way to tell if they are dehydrated is to push into their pink skin and seehow long it takes for the blood to return. I think under 3secs is OK?
    Its normally a day or two until they start getting really dehydrated, so the more you can get into now the better. Give him weak cordial - anything that he will drink is fine. Dont be stressed about a sweet tooth at the mo. Treats are the key. Jenna also like ice chips??
    Good luck - I hope today is OK. can you call in sick?

Yep hydration is determained by pressing the had and waiting for the blood to recirculate..I think off the top of my head it shouldnt take longer than 3 seconds. Also sunken eyes and dry lips. Obviously wet nappies. Cordial is great as Fi said..they also encouraged salty biscuits at hospital to encourage drinking.
    Ahh well better go and feed my child she slept all night which was amazing but as I predicted last night Fi after a large dose of actilax she had pood herself.
    I will pop back on when nap time comes along yah for naps
    Bec

Sarah, you can also tell if he is dehydrated just by looking in his mouth. If he has plenty of dribble happening it's all good. The ice block is a great idea too.

Fi, think you need to get Shane to go over and let the guy's tyres down across the road Buggar at Jenna pooing her night nappy too. What's going on there.

Noah and Tehya share ok for the most of times although they do battle with things. Noah is protective of some of his toys. And Tehya can be with her bubba's, Noah can be mean to them.

Noah knows about the cubby as Mark is building it out the back. We didn't have the space to hide it and build it. Shame, would've been a great suprise on Crissy day. They love the cubby at mum's house so I'm sure it will get used. And Noah loves home corner at pre school, he's very domesticated, must get it from his dad

Better go, still need to shower and dress Tehya and I to be out of the house by 9 to get Noah to school. She is sicker today, has this rotten cough now too. Think I might try to get her back into the Dr's, not that there is much she can do. I just hate seeing her suffer like this. It's been nearly a week already.

Its not his car Trish - its his alarm. I dont get people that have sirens on their keyless entry. He has left at 11pm-1am every night for the last 5 nights, and while that hasn't been the thing that has woken Jenna, it has unsettled her to the point where she cries!
    She was disappointed last night when it was me that came into settle her. Normally its Dad which means sleeping with him in the spare bed, but she knows I dont put up with that nonsense. So almost a full nights sleep - well through til 6:30 which is pretty good for me.

man - why can't babies stay healthy?? Wouldn't it be nice NOT to go to the dr once a month??

hey ladies, sorry to hear your kiddies are sick... fingers crossed thing clear up Declan has had the most AWFUL teething nappies lately, he's just cut tooth #6. FINALLY!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey guys,
    It's a sad, horrible day for me. I've posted in the boo hoo room

Fi, what a PITA. The house across the road alarm was going off a couple of weeks back. I ended up going out. Bad hey. I would be so happy if Tehya would rather Mark settle her. But ATM it's all me, she rarely even lets anyone even hold her this last week.

Deb, huge hugs sweet . I am so very sorry for the loss of Charlie. I hope Gabby is being a good girl for you.

Simone, YAY on Declan geting more teeth. Just think the longer they take to come in, the longer they will last for. Or so they say. Ouchie on his poor bum though. Lots of fresh air is great

Mum insisted on me taking Tehya to the Dr's, i hate going back and forth and I know that it's only a viral thing but still I went. Anyway, the Dr thinks that maybe because she has just cut her eye teeth that maybe she has biten her tongue there and that has caused the ulcer ?? Her throat is alittle congested - snot runing down it, but not too bad yet and her chest is clear. So we leave her for a few days and if she gets sicker then we go back for AB's.

Went out and picked up one of the Chrissy laybys today. Our Kmart sends them offsite so you have to go and pick it up. Took them 30 minutes to find all of the stuff. Goinng to take me alot longer to find hiding spots

I must've cracked it really good the other night. Mark has told me that I should go to raffles tonight, even offered me $20 when I said I had no money. Of course mum isn't going tonight, so I am high and dry anyway Poor little Nigel, I am. No one to go out with....

Oh ya poor thing If only I was able to go out at night. And drink. If only..... oh well - one day soon.
    This time next week the wine will be flowing and Shane and Mum will be getting drunk together. Well, maybe just tipsy, but they will rub it in none the less.
    We bought Shane's son's Chrissie pressie today. Rebel sport had 20% off for all RACV members, so we went and bought him a licensed Saint Kilda AFL gurnsey. Hopefully he will like it, but really, who knows. We wont get to find out! And we boutgh his daughter a little gold ring, so they are done at least. jenna is done, my nieces are done, and I just haev to get some sewing underway to cover my other nieces.

I hope Tehya has a good weekend for you guys. Bugger the AB's.

Deb - I'm sorry again about charlie. That really sucks.
    Simone - blurk on the nappies, but yay on the teeth!

dont start on Xmas shopping LOL i have to buy for the kids from GMIL, as she's 70 and just had a hysterectomy on monday. And then im still trying to pay off all the layby's i put on... I always have such a great budget set up, and i never seem to stick to it!!

Deb -

Fi - yay on no more xmas shopping.

we're heading into CBD to see the Myer chrissy lights tomorrow night, never seen them before, snd we're going to meet Ken Duncun at his gallery in Southbank, so combine the 2, keep Dh AND the kids happy

Hi Chickies,
    I'm sitting here smelling of lovely vomit..that will teach me to bribe my child with marshmallows
    Deb: I'm so sorry about your puppy, it must be so hard. I know when my doggy died that I had had since I was 3 she died when I was in year 12 it was sad. I hope you remember all the fun times
    Simone: OOh have fun at the lights it should be fantastic, I wish I was organised too. And yah for Declans toothys...only 14 to go
    Trish:Yah for picking up a layby..I only have a target one that I must get around to paying off lol Hope Miss Teh is on the improve nasty eye teeth
    Fi: I was quietly hoping that we might need another adventure tonight lol. Are you sure you are feeling ok
    Not much happening here..Eliza is up to her old tricks were she has to fall asleep with us so she is down one end of the house with her fold out couch and I am up the other end of the house waiting till she gets into the deep sleep where I can move her. You do it too early and we end up having to wait again. Hopefully we got a full night again..then again she had no dinner but ate alot of "not recommended food" on our walk.
    Bec

BEc, lol at the "not recommended food". Oh well, atleast she ate. Mmm mashmallow vomit, bet that's nice and sticky. Tehya has to fall asleep with me atm, a big PITA.

Simone, hope you have a great night tonight and the kidides and DH behave for you.

Fi, yay on being so sorted. I guess you have to be being so pg right near Chrissy.

Deb, how you doing today hun. I hope you got some sleep lastnight

I ended up taking Brandon out with me, pretty sad when I have to take one of my kids out to get away from the others. Still was good to let him have some time with me, he rarely gets it and he's probably the best behaved child I have. Hmm is that how you get a good one ???? Not devote all of your time to them......

I won a meat tray but that wouldn't have covered the tickets I brought. I was one ticket off a major prize too, got the heart pumping on me.

Have to go to the Police station wiht Joel this morning so have to get my butt into gear and he is still asleep. Have to be there at 9am for probably 2 hours, another break from the kids, but this time I'd rather be at home. Still don't know what we are going to do down there, it all depends on his statement as to whether he is charged or not. The guy that is looking after Joel conferencing stuff told me to watch the vidoe of the fight first before letting Joel answer anything. i just wish I had someone stronger than me to come along. Mum is out on a shopiing trip today and his stupid father, well like I said he is stupid, no way could he come down and he doesn't een have to open the shop until 10 am.... Butt Head !!!

Tehya is still shocking, her cough is wrong, she cries when she does it and she's sporting that nt so sexy husy voice. Noah's cold is worse and he is crying now too, he is the worse one to get sick I tell ya.

Oh well, them's the breaks huh. I'm sure i will stop whinging one day

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast