Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #4

Have fun at Hi5 Sarah! Hope Zander behaves for you. Take lots of photos!

Trish - we are on stage 3 at the moment. It means no washing cars (unless at carwashes) no watering of public ovals, no watering lawns at all, gardens can only be watered twice a week (designated days), its pretty ordinary.
    If stage 4 come in its absolutely no watering of any garden, and I think we also would have to stop topping up the pool - which is ridiculous as if its not topped up, the filter wont work so we will get a mosquito pit.

We must be in stage 3 then, cos it's been the same here for aaaaages.

Off to Hi-5 now Lots & lots of photos tonight

Hi-5 was not so great! Well the concert was great, Kathleen's replacement (Sun) was very good & they are just as good live as they are on TV. Our problem was that Zander cracked it! He refused to sit & was screaming like nothing else which was great fun LOL. We took it in turns to take him outside for a bit of a play and he was fine outside, but as soon as he got back into where the concert was he started again. Before they started he was fine, so I'm thinking it was just the noise & it was all too overwhelming. I had to try hard not to be upset as we left only 30mins into the concert as I kept thinking of th money wasted *sigh* They had TVs on outside in the area where you wait to go in & they had their new DVD playing, if it was the concert playig we would have stayed and watched it out there cos Zander was happy to watch it on the TV in the quiet. He's very happy with his big hand cushion though LOL, in bed with it ATM! I put some photos on his site, nothing too exciting as I only took the little camera in case I got busted!

Oh Sarah - big hugs for you.... What a disappointment that must have been.
    I fear Jenna would be the same, and I just wouldn't be able to cope with the stress of it, so I have avoided anything like this. Dorothy performing at the baby expo was bad enough for me I fear.
    Anyway - at least you have photos and when he is 20 you can tell him you tried to do all sorts of nice things for him, but he was a little rascal
    And in a couple of years I reckon it will be a great fun time Of course, by then you will have 2, (if not 3) and it will be a massive juggling act. Ahhh the things we do!

Sarah, did you end up getting a second bear ??? What a bummer about Hi 5. Perhaps next time he will be happier to stay and watch it, and make happy noises not screaming

I checked out Zanders pics too. He is getting to be a big boy hey. Love his gym photos too.

Fi, let's just hope that it doesn't go to stage 4 then. No one wants a mosquito pit.
    How's your belly feeling now ?? No more pains ??

Simone, how lucky was it the MIL found another of the same bear for Declan. Now you need to find one for Anneleise

I had a nice day out. Left at 10.15am. Met up with some gf's at the shop's had brunch, did lots of shopping with not much money. Called back through to mum's on the way home because Mark was there but he'd already left so I stayed and chatted with ex SIL and got home around 6.15pm. Was nice to actually go out shopping without screaming whinging kids. Well, not with us, but plenty at the shops. Silly people taking their kids with them

Hi Girls,
    Its another post from work blahhh
    Sarah: Hi5 sound great, poor Zander tho! I'm glad he got something to take away from his first concert experience
    Fi: Hows the tummy
    Trish: Yah for childless shopping it is the only way, hmm yes those silly people that try to do anything with a child in tow.
    It is as boring as anything today..no testing just me and the shop
    Last night was hideous with Eliza she knows that I have to go to work because you can back it in it is always a work night that we have trouble.
    Better go and look productive....how rude someone rang and I had to move..I say bring on the coffee
    Bec
    OMG she is 20 months
    Last edited by Visitor9; November 13th, 2006 at 08:28 AM. Reason: forgot to say something

Yeah I think we'll try to go in another few years. At least I know for next bub that 20 months is still a little too young for huge events like that!

Thanks for the comments on his gym photos Trish, he's really getting into it now & loving it. My dad went last week & took the photos & he said it's more of a workout for me than Zander LOL!

We have the same issue here when I have to work to Bec, so I sympathise.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh dear, Sarah. Now I am nervous about going to the Wiggles in December! And we've gotta drive 3 hours to Melbourne! Arrgh!
    Sorry to hear that Zander was frightened by all the noise. Poor little chook.

Bec - yuk @ work. Isn't it always the way that the kids act up when you've got something on the next day?

Trish - woo hoo for shopping with no kids! Only way to go I reckon

Mum is still here but is up at the shop so I jumped on for a tick. I think she's going home today which is probably a good thing. I can only handle her in short bursts, LOL.

Biggest hit!!! I got Jenna a banana in pyjamas keyring from Angus and Robertson today (ABC centre) OMG - the whole way through Bay City (our westfield) it was NANNIE, NANNIE, NANNIE. In the end I told her to be quiet
    And I bought a couple of CDs - a wiggles set and a playschool set for the new "nice car" as she calls it. I put it on the way home, and she cracked it when we stopped the car. I shall lend them to you to copy Bec - what a hit! Although not sure how a trip toMelb will go wiht that playing over, and over, and over, and over...... The best thing is though, she can listen to it, and I still have her attention.
    We had a shocking night here too. I put her back to bed about 3 times, and she just kept on going until finally at about 4am Shane went into the spare bed with her. I took over at 6am, and she slept til 8am!! OMG - that was a nice surprise.
    Bec - tummy is OK - no better, no worse. Hope work is going well - we are heading to the library in the morning for storytime, might see you there.
    Deb - hopefully the wiggles concert will be OK in a few months for you. Are you able to stay the night in Geelong so its not a big drive in one hit for her? Hope your mother is enjoying nana time And you are enjoying a bit of family relief. Ask me if I feel the sameway next week
    Sarah - were there many other kids there Zanders age? How were they going? I get this funny feeling that Hi5 concerts are aimed at the 3+ group, speically since they dont do clothes smaller than size3. But then they are certainly Jenna's favourites, so I just dont know.
    Trish - yay for shopping without the sprogs. What a treat

Debbie Lee Guest

She's gone!! Phew!! LOL I love her but geeeeeez... she drives me nuts!

Fi - aww at the "nannie" all through town. Gab loves the bananas too. Sorry you didn't have a great nights sleep last night. Good to hear your tummy hasn't gotten worse. CDs in the car are great, aren't they? I need to get some new ones because Gabby's "Gabby Music" is all scratched

We've had a little bit of rain and it's a miserable day today. So, apart from feeding the chooks, Gab and I have had an indoors day - I've even got the fire going.
    I'm trying to convince Neil to let me get another English Pointer..... but a pup this time. Lucy was a year old before we got her. Neil's not keen. I need something to keep my mind off Charlie.

Ooh, I haven't tried CDs in the car for Charlotte. I must give it a go. I think that she would love it - she must be bored of the radio that DH and I listen to.

It is good to have mothers around but is good when they go away again. We just had a weekend away with my parents and it was lovely especially when I was sick and DH and them conspired to let me sleep and so I didn't have to put Charlotte to sleep or get her up in the morning. It is nice, to be home and be in my own house. Charlotte loved having us all around, she thought it was great to have everyone's attention!

Fi, I hope that things get better. I am sending you "stay put" vibes to your baby.

It is sad when things like Hi-5 don't work out. I suppose that we forget that they are still so little and things freak them out. I would have thought that Charlotte would like it but she does get nervous of loud noises. Maybe she would have hated it as well.

I hope Neil lets you get another pup Deb, i know when mum's dog of 15 years died, she swore she would never get another one. But after like 3 weeks of buying and putting out dog food, and filling up her water bowl, dad went and bought her another dog. Made her much happier.

Miserable day here, Roryrory and i went out for coffee and almost got blown away. at least the rain has stopped for a while, should put my nappies out on the line - they'll be dry in about 30 mins!!

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL @ almost being blown away, Simone. You're right about the nappies. I should have put mine out too but it looked like it was going to rain.

Maryann - how nice of your parents and your DH to conspire to let you sleep! That's one great conspiracy!! hehehe

Hmmm I found an ad for 2 pointer pups in Winchelsea and emailed them yesterday but no reply. Maybe if Neil saw them, he'd change his mind??

I want a puppy, but as i want to join df, dh wont have it as although they make you move across the country and pay for your belongings to go everywhere, they wont pay for pets, even though they are part of the family.

Anyway, im off to make dinner TTFN girlies

Fi, good to hear that Jenna loves her "nannies" It's great when you find something they love. Tehya loves "giggles"

Deb, now you can walk around naked - just the way Neil likes, without your mum there Fingers crossed you can talk Neil into the puppy. Just say it it a good thing to have a puppy with a little child, they learn and grow up together.. Play the guilts on him

Maryann, yay on getting some sleep and good on DH and your parents for letting you have it. I only wish.

Simone, hope you managed to anchor yourself down somewhere dry and warm. Sounds like you braved it leaving the house today.

We had what started out to be a good night. Noah was in bed by 7pm and Tehya by 7.30. Of course I didn't go to bed until nearly 11pm, sat up wrapping some pressies, got on BB then finally went to bed. Lately Tehya has been getting up between 10.30 and 11pm so it's sort of pointless in going to bed earlier. Anyway she slept until 3am !! Then she woke and stayed that way until 5 am. Little witch wouldn't have a nap either so I am buggered. Tonight I WILL go to bed early !!!

More crap with Joel. Actually had his father over here this afternoon but only after I called him. He started abusing and yelling at me on the phone so I hung up. That's what he has a wife for, not bloody me. He called in when he picked the boys up from school. Nothing is sorted out really and I'm still no better off. Only now Joel wants to leave home for a few days. Why can this child never be easy...

Hi girls

I am back for a little while... couldn't live too long without the net... but I will be gone again mid December. Hopefully after Chissy I will get a router for the new comp (tooo much money to spend b4 chrissy).

The girls are well... And I am feeling much better after my episode on Saturday...

Ummm... too much to catch up on so I will leave it for now and pop back in later

Tanya

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678