Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005

BUGGER lost a big post..
    Summary
    I have no bathroom Nick is driving me nuts, my dad is giving me false hope by telling me it will be right by tonight ( a bit hard to believe since I can see under the house and throu to tiles above and lots of spideys.
    The tennant is a dill!! He loves exhausts and car stuff right near our bedroom window. Ahh shouldnt believe the real estate agent when he says we guarantee this guy!!
    Tanya: Fingers crossed girly. I'll water my lucky bamboo for you!
    Trish: Ohh how cute is Miss Teh and her bag and hat. Well done hope the nights are a breeze for you now lol
    Deb: Yeah well done on the move, its hard to believe you arnt here any more
    Better go .....I'll rememer everything I missed before and edit

Bec

WTG Tehya Seems like the bubs are finally gettingit

SHHH Sarah, I don't want to jinx us

Oh finally got a half decent picture of Joel the other night, Thought I'd share one of my other children with you. And one of Brandon on the same night with his cousin Bille.

Joel Brandon
    Last edited by Trish; September 24th, 2006 at 09:38 AM. Reason: adding a link to pic

Hey guys,

Deb - great to hear from you. I was just thinking about whenyou would check in again. Hope the new house is great Nice weekend to come back to Geelong. My nappies are on the line getting dry, then wet, then dry then wet. Its a crappy showery day so I cna't decided whether to bring them in or leave them out!

Bec - bummer about the tennant. Perhaps a genle reminder that you are his landlord? And if you want a shower - you can come on over and treat yourself at our place. Remember we have an endless hot water system
    The hat sounds gorgy - a bit like Jenna's poohbear shoes huh?

Trish - YAYAYAYAYAY on the sleep!!! Thats great news, I hope itcontinues for you

Yay Tanya - CD1 - I am impressed you managed to behave for a month. Hopefully the diet will pay off this month and you'll have a little bundle of blue in 10m.

Shane called me tubby today. Grrrr. Not happy with him. Sure I was wearing very unflattering overalls, but does that really mean he can be so rude? Its not like when we were all pregnant for someone to chat to. The Dec buddies are very quiet. Thank goodness this isn't my first otherwise I might have given upon BB by now
    Liek you say Trish - 12 long weeks to go. Does everyone realsie that means its only 13 weeks til Christmas???

Crap Fi, actually nope, I didn't realise that it was so close, although I should. It's the same time every year

How rude of Shane, tell him atleast you will loose yours soon and it will take him alot longer, or something like that !! Hey, this is your belly buddies group, it's just that those bellies have grown into little people. We don't mind the preg chat in here at all. Hey I have to live through you girls on here being pg coz I never will be again

So I guess you don't want me to tell you that the weather up here is fantastic this weekend. Yesterday it was 30degrees and today around the same but it is very windy, great for getting your washing dry... If only you could keep it on the line!! We can home to find our washing over the backyard.

Hey girls...
    Fi, how are you? Feeling better? I am sure Shane didn't mean any harm in what he said... Men say the spupidist things don't they, they quite often have their feet in their mouths!

Great to hear the weather is nice Trish, not too blustery? It really is lovely here too We;re in for one hot summer!!

We were in the bathroom last night brushing our teeth. Violet was in the nud and started doing a wee... I told her to stop, so she did and I put her on the toilet and she finished I am thinking about putting her in more knickers, but I will wait until it is just a little warmer.

Tanya

woohoo Violet! Jenna cries if we tell her to stop, so we dont bother And she cries if we put her on the toilet, but she loves her potty.
    Hope everyone is good. we are tired but fine here, I think I might go and have a nap

hey everyone... I'm really slack so I haven't read all the posts I've missed and I'm just copying from the August buddies.... hope to catch up better soon, but just letting you know we are alive and I'm thinking of you all!!

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much....I've been sick since having Ollie (colds then c/sect scar infection, then URTI with burst eardrum) and Ollie has had almost a week in hospital with bronchialitis and he's also really colic-y.

I hope to have a bit of time in the next few days to catch up on everyone's posts and see how you are all doing. Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

urgh... soo hard to concentrate with screaming baby attached to chest in hug-a-bub!! back soon, i hope!

Yikes Zola sounds like a bad few weeks. Hope everything gets better soon.

Trish, how's the sleep going??

Just got back from the Drs with my 1000s of questions & Zander's immunisation. Firstly my little boy is a legend - only cried for 2secs when they pulled the needle out Next, we have no worries with his birth mark there's no reason why it would be itchy, so who knows. Dr still isn't concerned with the lack of tears thank goodness. The Brauers Calm is ok for us to use as long as we need without him becoming hooked on it or something which I was worried about. He said that all it will do is help him to sleep & get him the habit of not waking u before morning. Aaand last one is he has to go back onto cows milk for a week, then we have to take in a poo sample for it to be tested regading milk / lactose / whatever intolerance.

Just checking in, letting you know that I have read up on everyone. Have major sinusitis which has triggered migraines as well. On that many drugs it isn't funny to stop the pain and me spewing. Went in for xray today and yup, have blocked sinuses!! Der. Have to sort of migraines first then go back to have MRI scan done to see what's causing the blockage.

Sarah, simply put the sleep lasted one night only !! Sounds all went well for you guys at the Dr's and good boy Zander for only crying a little. Tehya only cried for a few seconds too but gave the Dr a lovely look.

Zola, I hope all gets better for you guys really soon too. I bet Bas and Oliver are getting big boys now.

Tanya, yay for Violet. What a clever little girl. We still haven't caught any wee's on the potty or toilet yet. But we keep on trying!!!

Fi, I hope you had a good nap. I have spent most of the day in bed but don't feel any better for it. On the plus side I'm not eating so have a nice flat tummy tonight Tehya is the opposite to Jenna, she would prefer the toilet to the pot. Probably coz she see's all of us using it ???

Debbie Lee Guest

Ok... gonna attempt a reply but I betcha I lose it!! Grrr!

Trish - ya poor chook! You sound terrible HUGE hugs, matey. I can't check out the pics of Brandon and Joel atm but will hopefully be able to tomorrow (on dial-up atm... will explain later... urrgh!).

Bec - arrgh @ no bathroom! That's gotta suck! I can kinda sympathise cos we had no kitchen for a while but no bathroom would be worse. I hope it's finished soon. As for the noisey tenant next door... grrr to him!

Zola - good to hear from you mate. Sorry you have had such a bad run of luck with your health and that Ollie is coliky... that's no good. I imagine you're flat-out with the boys.

Sarah - ick @ having to get a poo sample. Will be good to get some definitive answers tho, hey? Good to hear that the brauer's stuff is doing the trick.

Tanya - wow! Clever Violet! Sounds like she be toilet trained in no time. We're nowhere near it, I don't think. Gab won't even sit on her potty unless she's fully clothed. Ah well.... I'm not stressed.... yet!

Fi - grr @ Shane calling you tubby!! Men just have no idea sometimes! It's like when Neil told me I'd be really hot if I lost weight. Umm... is that a compliment?? I know they don't mean it but it's still uncalled for!!

I'm still reluctant to type much because of this stupid computer but, hey... may aswell give it a go!

Things are ok so far. We got booked for towing an unregistered trailer on the way home (grrr!). Neil was peeved. Got heaps of shopping done whilst in Geelong (of course I got a heap of stuff for Gab too ). We got back on Monday arvo after yet another long drive. My car is totally stuffed - we think the alternator has busted. Anyway, it meant we had to jump start the car every time we wanted to go anywhere (so I couldn't turn the engine off). Half way I lost my display, speedo (couldn't listen to the radio the whole drive). Verrrry boring!! LOL Neil was following in the Laser that he bought and it also wasn't running too well. It started to lose power so he couldn't go any faster than 80kms. OMG... slowest drive ever! Thank goodness Gab was in Neil's car because he had a radio (it seems to keep her entertained on long drives). We finally got back to Dunkeld (it was interesting pulling off the highway with no indicators!). I pulled up the driveway and put the car in reverse and it died, LOL. So it was parked on a weird angle for a couple of days. I don't think it'll drive out of here again in a while. So I'm without a car until we find a new one. Grrreat!

Gabby had her chicken pox injection yesterday and seemed to cope with it ok - until she fell asleep on Neil at 5:30pm. She slept in the loungeroom for a while and woke when my Dad and step Mum got here on their way home from Adelaide. She was all lethargic and not interested in food so I got her in her PJ's, she had a bottle and off to bed. She was still really sooky and lethargic this morning. She has a runny bum and is off her food. Bloody injections

My house is still a pig-sty. I was sorting out Gabby's room until a massive huntsman jumped out at me from her cupboard. I nearly threw up I got such a fright. God I hate spiders!! I think we may have to invest in those electronic thingys that keep bugs away. I just can't cope with big-arse huntsmen... I know they are harmless but urrrrrrrrrgh!!

We're on dial up atm because bloody telstra didn't connect our broadband (despite me letting them know about the move 2 weeks before it happened!).They've given us dial-up until broadband kicks in tomorrow. They may aswell have not bothered because of how darn sllllow it is! I'll be very surprised if this post makes it.

Haha Deb - welcome to my world of dialup. You get used to it, but hoepfully you wont have to.
    Sounds like a challenging time to say the least! Bugger on all the nasties that have introdcued themselves in your life in the last few days. Sounds like life is tough at the mo. Big hugs from me in Geelong.

Trish - damn for you and your cold/sinuses too. Hopefully your flat tummy keeps you amused. mine keeps growing for some reason. And the baby I think has been lying transverse in the evenings, so I am as sore as hell until I go to bed. One of these days hopefully it will flip and the side pain will go. To be honest I haven't tried Jenna on the toilet for ages. She knows what we do on it, and she is always in there with us. I had to take her into theparetns room today to go to the loo at Westfield, so she cmae in with me, and when we finished, she wanted to wash her hands too. V cute

Sarah - sound slike a mixed drs trip? Good boy though for his needles. I guess you got your moneys worth at that appt

Zola - bummer on all your problems of late too. I hope having 2 boys asleep in their beds at night gives you a chance to have a breather. Rest up.

Jenna got to meet a big garfield today. OMG - she was AMAZED by it!! Specially cause the person doing it was rreally good with her. She touched his fingers, and then he wiggled them, and she cracked up laughing! It was really cool. Maybe a trip to movie world is in order
    Beautfiul day here, clothes all onthe line, adn just bought some new summer stuff for Jenna from PP. Good fun

Also - our big news. We have decided to take the house of the market and stay in Oz for anothr year. it means a new car (YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!) cause I have said I have had enough of the ute with 1 child let alone 2. Shane finally agrees. Hopefulyl we will be able to spend about $17k on one which would be great.
    Basically we aren't going to get what we want for the house in the current climate in Geelong, so there is no point in selling for less than we want only to move somewhere where we will get less for our money. We dont have to be in NZ for anotheryear, and we have a really good lifestyle here. We mayas well enjoy the pool over summmer and not be stressed about agents etc.
    So - I'm hanging around!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hoo!! Sorry Fi but I am kinda stoked that you're not going back to NZ quite yet (selfish, hey?? ). To be honest, I was never really thrilled with the idea in the first place, hehehe. Yay for the new car too!! High time, imo. Does that mean that you'll get broadband now??
    Awww @ Jenna with Garfield and washing her hands. So cute!

Gab is still all sooky and lethargic. She took a couple of sips of some watered-down milk but isn't all that interested. She slept for a few hours which is good. She had to sleep in the spare room because of the stink of fly spray in her room (the huntsman is dead btw!).

Still not sure yet. We have just had another agent through, and we are trying to decide what to do. He is a brother of a friend, so has given us a pretty good offer, and well, we are just stuck.
    I so want to just be settled (and have a new car). I've tried explaining to Shane about the hormones requiring safety at the moment, and he doesn't get it. Hopefully a little later he will get it.......
    Poor Gabgab. I haven't mad the appt yet for her needles. better get onto that huh?

Oh - funny story. We walked down the road to see the woman and her baby (12w old) and she was complaining about the grumpy child. I asked her about the grwoth spurt (she is macedonion I think, and didn't understand the phrase) but when I said is she hungry - that clicked. Poor thing, noone had told her about the 12w growth spurt so she thought her baby was broken. Its gotta be easier second timearound right guys?

Easier second time round... HAHAHAHAH!!! *sigh* sorry Fi

Good to see you back Deb

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

So, Tanya... you mean that second time around we aren't "all-knowing" supermum's?? Nooooooooo!!! hehehe

Grrr I am so over Gabby's attitude. She woke at 6am this morning (snore!) but much better - she was even willing to wave ta-ta to her dummy so I know she is feeling good. She insisted on her giant teddy coming out into the loungeroom so she could cuddle it for a while but it wasn't long before she started cracking it with the teddy for reasons I have no clue about! I made her some breakfast, she grabbed her bib out fo the drawer (saying "bibby" 1000 times) and seemed keen to eat. She eats at her little table and chairs but, when I put her breaky down and sat her on the seat, she chucked the biggest wobbly!! OMG... she wouldn't let me feed her, wouldn't even let me put the bowl on the table. So I suggested she sit on her little couch. "No, no, no". Urrgh! So I put the bowl back on the table and sat on the floor while she cracked it (for what reason I don't know). Finally she made her way to the chair but struggled to get up on it. I tried to help but that just made her scream to. Sheesh! So I just walked away. Obviously she didn't want me around. She's now sitting happily eating the stuff!! Little turd!

Oh... and I forgot to add the other day about our MCHN appointment. Apparently Gab has a big head, is short and is overweight for her height. I just laughed at the nurse and explained how I struggled to get her to put on enough weight in the early days and now she's overweight?? Hmm... she doesn't look overweight to me! I'm not stressed. She eats a pretty balanced diet and only has water and milk. Give it a month and I betcha the chub around her legs starts disappearing (esp. since she's so sure on her feet now).

Deb, Phewie to your MCHN!! Was that the same one who made you stress in the early days? And as for the attitude... just leave her They get to an agewhere they just don't want any help (despite the mess they make and how long it takes to do the simplist things. Just do what you did... try to walk away and let her figure it out, she'll ask for your help when she needs it

I am taking Violet to get her needle today... FUN!!

Tanya

A HUGE HI to you all!

I havent been around for soooo long.

We are doing okay. Apart from a major computer crash...see post in Punching Bag...not happy!

Hayley is doing really well. She is still pretty underweight though. She is still under 10kgs, and still fits in most size 0 clothes. She is pretty determined though and definitely lets me know what she wants! She is cranky a lot of the time, but that is these darn eye teeth that are playing games. She was meant to get her 18 month needles but I forgot. And I wont be able to do it next month as its a couple of days before the BIG engagement party and I really need her in top form for that! She is being really cute atm, sings to the RACV ad all the time, very cute.

Shannen is being a pain. Going to the loo after every meal, but I am keeping a close eye on that one. She has started riding her bike all the time, so I think a call to the school counsellor might be the next step. She used to be such a great help, but now, I can barely get her to do anything at all. The joys of becoming a teenager in a month!

Tayla is wonderful. She has been helping out heaps and I dont even need to ask. But she is getting heaps of $ for helping, well, she thinks its heaps. She wants to spend it all at Robbie Williams concert!

Apart from that, we are still in the midst of renovating. Tayla's room is taking a lot longer than we thought considering the dodgy brothers built it. The stump had to be replaced and now we find that the walls arent straight at all. Not happy, but hopefully tomorrow we will be ready to prep it all.

I do pop in to read all your posts but just dont have time to reply. I have an RDO from renos today so thought I would make an effort. Hopefully a lot of the work will be finished in the next month so I will be able to get back on here more often.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast