Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - good luck with the needles. I hope they don't make Violet feel icky like Gabby did. Thanks for the reassurance re. Gab's attitude. I'll just try to be more patient and let her be independent when she wants to. The MCHN was a different one - the local one here. She seemed quite lovely (not as dotty as the previous one) and, while she stated that Gab is a little overweight, she agreed with me that it would probably change because she's moving around more and more (and getting faster... don't I know it). So she wasn't unreasonable about it and didn't make me feel like it was my fault or anything... so that's good

Dinky - wow... lotsa stuff happening around your place. That is a bit of a worry about Shannen's behaviour. Good on you for being on top of it tho. Hope the renovations go well!

Soooo over the dog. At the last place, she used to do the majority of her poos down the end of the yard. Here she insists on doing them right near the house in the grassy area where Gab is most likely to play. I bloody-well stood in dog crap whilst hanging up the washing. Fricken half an acre and she chooses to do her business right where we walk. Grrrr!

Deb... yuck! @ dog poo!!

Dink great to hear from you... you sound like you are keeping occupied

Violets immunisation was fine... the worst part about it was waiting! Everyone wanted to be immunised yesterday (but Violet was the only chicken pox vecc *shugs*)!! We sat down, I pulled her sleeve down, the Dr walked up with the needle, he jabed her pushed the virus in and pulled it out, all the while Violet is watching the needle, she didn't even frown... oh so proud!
    I know a lady who is on holidays up in Darwin and her son just got he Chicken Pox even after being immunised @ 18months!

TL

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww big, brave Violet!! Well done to her. Gab screamed the house down but I think it was because the nurse dared to make me hold her still, LOL. She's got a big ego.
    Hmm.... they better not get chicken pox after going thru that!! Grrr

So... doesn't anyone know when you get the immunisation allowance from centrelink? Apparently it goes in automatically. How soon after they turn 18 months?

Yay for Violet. How nice that she was a good girl for you Tanya And not so sure about the second time around. i think it will be harder (cause there are two) but easier cause at least the smallest things wont rattle me. Oh well - its all getting closer anyway.

Deb - I dont mean to sound hard here but..... Have some patience wiht the dog and Gab OK? Moves are big things in both their lives, and they will both be a bit out for a few weeks. Things will get better slowly, and in the meantime lots more cuddles for Gab are allowed? Smile mate - its all worth it Not sure about the immunisation allowance. Hopefully it wont take too long.
    Bugger about the MCHN's comments. Oh well - you are right the more she runs around, the more she will burn off. Bec and I decided today that Jenna isn't actually fat anymore. She still eats like a horse, but the chub has gone. She is just so active, its hardly surprising I guess.

Dinky - life does sound interesting in your household. I so don't want to start worrying about teenagers!!!

Hope Trish and sarah are well And anyone else who lurks but doesn't post!

Debbie Lee Guest

I don't think Jenna was ever "fat"... she's always looks healthy imo I reckon you'll do really well with two and I agree about the small things. I remember those first few months all too vividly. I guess it's part of giving up that independence and becoming a Mummy, hey?

I know, I know... gotta be more patient. So very hard when I can't even look at my daughter without her saying "No! No! No!". I swear... I smile at her and she pushes me away!! Urrgh! As for cuddles... I get "NO!" for those too. Talk about Mummy rejecting!! LOL
    Screaming is her new choice for entertainment. She sits and gets frustrated with everything and screams at the top of her lungs. OMG!! LOL
    I just breathe and say, "Do you want Mummy to help?".
    "No! No! No!".
    LOL
    Oh... and I think I have the dog sorted. Got some great advice from Christy about her diet etc.

Jenna is the exact opposite at the moment. Its funny - she is being SOOOOO affectionate. Its just lovely. For a change! I think because she is really starting to communicate with us, she gets such a kick out of saying something, and us understanding her?
    She is starting to get a little "naughty" with her poos. Not sure why. I know its normal to hide at this age when they are pooing, but its like once she has done a poo, and we say "have you got a poo in your nappy" she wont say anything (if she doesn't she says no), and then will just keep hiding under the chairs or something. Very wierd. Yet other days she will go and get a facewasher for cleaning her bum, so I dont know.

They are ratbags! I agree with the whole surrender thing. i think once you accept this is your life for the next few years, you start getting alot more enjoyment out of it?
    You should have seen Jenna at the botanic gardens park yesterday. Lucky it was so warm, but I had her stripped down to her nappy while she was playing in the water. Little grot. I swear the other mums were really wondering what on earth I was doing! But she loved it,so there you go.

Oh - and there are a pile of motorbikes coming your way tonight - apparently very loud ones. Shane was tempted to go with them, but decided to stay home with me. Actually he wants to go to a Grand Final party tomorrow and get tanked, so I think he knew it would be pushing my limits if he did both

Chat chat caht - my I am chatty for someone so bloody tired!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL... I shall keep an ear out for a pack of Harley's!
    I can just picture Miss Jenna having the time of her life at the park in just a nappy. Phoeey to the other Mum's if they were thinking nasty things. Kids have gotta be kids!

Wow @ Jenna being funny with her poos. Goes to show she is thinking about it all a great deal. I bet she'll toilet train really quickly.
    Gab is fascinated with poos. Usually I have to chase her to change her nappy but, if she's done a poo, she actually lays herself down for me saying "Poossss Poosss". She has to see the poo and follows me to the toilet etc.
    Today she went to the clean washing pile and grabbed her fuzzibunz and a liner and told me all about her 'poossss'. So cute.

Wow, there have been lots of posts. I have checked and had a quick read over the past few days but not alot of posting being done. When I post in here I like to make a decent effort of it.

I have been really ill lately. Bad infected sinuses which has triggered migraines. I ended up going straight to the Dr's after my dentist appt on Wednesday to have another shot, so one Monday night of Maxalon to stop me throwing up, the Wed I had Morpheine and Maxalon and back again yesterday for a Pethadine and Maxalon shot. My arse feels ike a pin cushion. I am on so many bloody drugs I should be rattling. I have had a xray done of my sinuses to say that yup, I have blocked sinuses, and a CT scan on Thursday to say that my sinuses are completely opacificated. Fantastic, this is what is causing the pressure and the migraines. If only they would drain. Trying to stay as hydrated as I can or it will mean more headaches and then hospital. Not fun at all. So theres my big excuse for not posting

Anyway......

Fi, YAY at you stayin g in OZ for another year. Well, hopefully. You know it is so much better here Lucky you with Jenna being affectionate. Tehya is only that way when it suits her, do not push the issue or you loose it. Funny Jenna with her poo's, I think they all go like that sometimes. Good on you for letting Jenna play in the water, to bad if other mothers didn't approve... Do you really care what they think anyway??

Deb, apparently the money goes through automatically in their 19th month, I called them last week to see if I had to notify them of her immunisation and it was lucky I did as they didn't have her medicare number on file. It went through in 3 working days.
    I hear you on the rejection too, Tehya can be very much like that if I try to push for cuddles or kisses. the only time I get them is when she is going bye byes...
    Sounds like Gab is turning into an independant woman. A great thing in 20 years time just not now hey. Tehya is very head strong too and will accept no help. She is very good at feeding herself with a spoon or fork too.

And as for the MCHN well to her.

Dinky, sounds like Hayley is still nice and petite. Hearing you on the eye teeth too, Tehya's still haven't cut they are just lurking there giving her grief.
    The joys of teenagers hey, I wish I could say it were different with boys but I can assure you it's not.

Tanya, good girl to Violet for being so brave. Tehya seemed to get a rash after getting her immunisation over her torso but nothing too bad. Not sure if it was from the needles or not though.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww Trish! That sounds terrible! Ick @ all the injections. I hope it all clears up soon, mate.
    Thanks for the info about the immunisation payment. Hmm... I wonder if they have Gabby's medicare number? I'll have to check.

Neil is at work today so it doesn't feel like the weekend. He has 4 days off starting Monday. It's gonna be hard to get used to the shift work.

Mark has been off since Wednesday, I swear it is killing him being off work and at home. Mark loves going to work So that means 3 days off this week and then the long weekend. YAY!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Ewww Gabby just vomitted all over me! Yuk!
    She was sooky all morning and slept from 12:30-4:40. She's hardly eaten anything either... at least I now know why.
    She didn't want any banana (which she loves) after her nap. I was on my knees giving her a cuddle when up it came... alll over me. Had to let her keep going so that it didn't go all over the carpet. I just stripped us both off and threw everything straight in the washing machine. Yukky-poo!

Ohh yummy Deb. Don't you just love those cuddles

Poor Gab, hope that she is feeling better soon. Nothing worse than a sick bub

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Trish... yep.. deeeeelightful cuddles!
    Neil thought it was funny until she spewed on him a couple of hours later... hahahaha! Suck eggs Nobba!
    Poor little chook. She had 2 sips of her bottle and wasn't interested so I put her to bed. She woke a few times last night but no spew thank God.
    She seems ok so far this morning... she's scarfed down a whole piece of toast and drunk half a cup of water so I am hoping that means no more spews?
    She wasn't a big fan of vomitting. Afterwards she'd stand there and tell us allll about it - pointing to her mouth and shaking her head. It's so cute!

My God... she's just asked for "more" toast. Making up for lost time.
    I have no idea if the chicken pox needle caused this or if it's just a bug. I hope it's not a bug. I'm not in the mood for being sick!

Aww how funny at Neil copping a spew cuddle too. HAHA!!

Sounds like Gab is feeling much better eating up all of her toast. LMAO at her telling you all about her spew too, poor little bubba. It's not nice, I can share stories with her from the last week. Oh and BTW, spewing up toast it not nice

Tehya got up for the first time at bloody 11pm and then again a few more times over nfght then up for good at bloody 5.30am. I am buggared already and we have to go down to Marks' family BBQ thing today. Not like it's a 10 mintue drive either. I hope I don't get another migraine while I'm there or I will be drugging up and crashing in someones bed !!

Hope everyone is having a great long weekend

Deb, why are you pi$$ed off hun ???
    Last edited by Trish; October 1st, 2006 at 08:46 PM. Reason: I wanted my swearing in there, if the moods can have it, why can't I??

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Trish... I was ****ed off with Neil. He came home and announced he was going to the pub. He did invite me but pretty much said he was going regardless to watch the Storm game. I said that Gab couldn't go cos she was sick and it didn't seem to phase him. So he got the silent treatment for a couple of hours, LOL.
    Of course, when he got home, Gab perked up and the little turd was all sweetness and light!! OMG!
    So... after a big discussion we all went to the pub and had a great time. So now I'm not ****ed off.... just hung over, hahaha.
    And the Storm lost Poo!

Did you get a decent sleep last night? I hope so!

LOL, sounds like you sorted it all out then. Hope you had a good night regardless of Storm loosing.

I had a reasonable nights sleep considering Tehya and Noah crashed in the car on the way home yesterday and went to bed in their clothes form the day with no dinner or anything.... Tehya was awake by 11pm and I changed her top and gave her booby then we crashed back out after me going cranky on her for laying in bed and clapping her hands when I wanted to sleep. LOL. She woke a couple more times overnight but thankfully went back to sleep after a quick feed.

Noah was up by 6 and Tehya 6.30am so not too bad. Poor Tehya has finally cut one of her eye teeth and the resta re still playing up. Her mouth is so sore.

Had a good day out yesterday at Mark's family BBQ, a few relos from out of state were there that I've never met and Mark hasn't seen in ears so that was good. Downside.... I ended up on the dunny with a runny butt, looks like all the medication has finally decided to come back out. Was almost funny, I went out the front to the car to get my jacket and had one of those gut rumbles, you know the ones, anyway came walking quickly around the back and was headed intot the house when all spotted me. They were about to take a big family pic and called me over. I was busting at this time. The guy taking the pic was taking forever and here I was saying to Mark, I'm going to ***** myself in a second. So as loud as Mark yells out Hurry up, Trish needs to go *****. LOL. Thanks Mark. Of course everyone then watched me disappear into the house, and were all around when I walked back out. Eventually I found the upstairs loo and hid in there but OMG I was in so much pain and to top it off, no dunny spray!!!

Oh the things I share with you girls. HEHE Lucky aren't you all

Not sure what we are up to today, we are all dressed and sorted but not sure what to do.

New Thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678