Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 16th - 31st 2008

Kel - Brauer - colic relief..... its a homeopathy type mixture that we brought from the chemist. I can't believe she hasn't screamed today!!! (or done a poo either so I hope she isn't getting constipated from this formula too!!)

Hihi.

Missy - Your pics are greatttt.

Bear - We don't really have any wind issues here. Both my boys were really good at bringing up the wind. Takin' after their piggy mumma, I reckon. Sounds like Beth is going really well with the sleeping feeding routine. Whoohoo!!

Feeb - Jacob put on weight.

Kell - I hope tonight is a better night for you all.

Belle - Yay! @ being out just by yourself today. I hope you had a great time to yourself. I had a few hours out today with my sister, no boys. It was good and I think it did my DP good too just to spend time alone with the boys.

Mel - I hope your DD isn't constipated either. Poor little mite. What formula do you use? We're using S26 Gold. Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

I can't believe Hayden is 4weeks already! It's gone so so sooooooo fast.
    I looked at this picture of Elijah today when he was little and Hayden looks so much like him.
    His eyes are diff to Elijah's though. I can't wait to find out what colour they'll turn into. Lol

Hope you're having a great weekend.
    xx

Hi all,

well today we ventured out to Highpoint to do some shopping and little Izzy was a good girl and slept the whole time which was nice. She really hasn't been eating well this afternoon only taking 30mls and we are trying to feed her again now. She is really grizzly so we gave her some Infant's friend hopefully it will work.

Skittlebub - Cool it will be nice to meet you. Once we have heard from the other mummy's we'll organise a time and day to meet up.

Feeb - I hope you have a better night tonight sweet with Jacob.

Mel - that is really good news about your little one not screaming today.

Belle - well done on the new outfits for Tara sweet. I'll go and check out your pics now.

Kell - I hope you have a better night tonight with Keira.

Missy - I love your new pics sweet you have a lovely family.

I'm really worried about Izzy as she has a wheezing sound when she is eating and when we are burping her.. I've checked and she doesn't have a temperature but starting to get worried.

BBL after we have finished trying to feed the little one.

Hayden has been making noises when we're feeding and burping him too.
    He's getting over a cold and his nose is kinda half blocked still.
    He also sounds like he has flem in his throat sometimes too, and all I wanna do it like cough for him just to get it out. I feel so sorry for him.

I hope Izzy gets better soon. Great to hear you had a good day!

Tenny - sounds like you had a great day out We are using S26 gold as well

Mez - yay for highpoint!!! I miss that shopping centre....... I hope Izzy isn't getting sick - I'd keep an eye (well ear really) on her chest.. thats what we do..

Hi all

Well Callum is playing with Melissa, Liam in bed so thought Id quickly jump on.

All of us are struggling with colds here. Melissa has it the worst and has been to two docs already as she has camp next week and trying to get her well before then. Little liam has it too and is all snuffy. Poor little thing.

Oh skittlebub its so hard when bubs only settle when on the booby. I know how hard that can be. Hope all works out soon hun.

feeb hope things work out soon hun. Oh and looked at the photos on face and they are great. will leave some comments soon.

Belle will look for your photos when ive finnished here.

Awwww Kell im sorry she isnt settling very well. I have to admit i cant wait for this part to end too hun. Its so tiring when we have to get up for the rest of the family too. If we didnt and could just keep going back to bed when bubs does I think we would feel better. Hope all sorts it self out soon. Poor little chicken.

Oh Mel ****you lovely about me having another one....I DONT THINK SO....lol. Nice if I had a live in maid to help and evern carry it for me then maybe I might think about it....pmsl

Tenny I know. Liam is 5 weeks tomorrow. How fast does the time go. they are going to grow up so fast...

Ayapi I can hear your worry in your typing hun. Just dont let yourself get upset about how she is doing. I know its scary as Liam is making lots of snorting sounds as he has a cold too, still eating 130mls but snorting and coughing too. I was starting to cry and that was making me worse. I was getting upset for him and it was worse so in the end I snapped out of it and put some hmmmmmm whats the name of it, fess in his nose and I do that every time I get him up and before I put him to bed and he is getting better. Slowly but getting there. If your really worried hun take a trip to the docs. It wouldnt hurt.

Hi Zee, Pixie, bear, tannis, hmmm and everyone else. Hope your well.

Well liam has just woken so better go.

Oh just fast question, ladies that are using infants friend on there babies, can you tell me how there poo's are and what kind of a smell it is...sorry just wondering if its the same as liams.

Ok thanks

bye

Mel - my flats are 71cm X 71cm, so they are pretty big. I roll them up under the legs IYKWIM to catch the runny poop

Sal - mine are 75cm x 64cm so I'm having probs getting it to stay even...lol

Missy - poos were runny, mustard seed type thing.... now they are more pastey... didn't notice any real smell though (other than smelling like $hit...pmsl)

Mel.. oh cool, will grab some tomorrow i think!
    We're using Heinz Nurture Gold for Keira. Did with Jesse too so just going with that.

Tenny.. oh it has gone so fast hey! They grow up way to quick!

Mez.. Keira does a little too. I think because she brings alot of the milk up through her nose.. and has a few dry boogers in there.

Ok have to continue the rest later.. am falling asleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh cool Mel. Yes def smells like $hit...lol. Was just wondering as Liams is the same and wanted to make sure it was ok. Pastey looking now.

Well I think ill watch a movie. take care all

Hi all

Sorry haven't been round much, been really busy with organising my friends daughter christening as I'm baptising my friends daughter on sept 21. I still have to go get her the cross pay off her clothes etc... I hope you are all well & bubs are doing great

Mary- Jonathan is whezzing as well when he eats & I asked my maternal nurse about it & she said it's normal but I will ask again when I go on Tuesday for next visit. I'm up for meeting as well after sept 8th, just let me know time, when & where? you know I can't on sept 21. Thanx koukla

everyone
    Just a quick catch up as I seem to have been a bit busy the last couple of days!
    We took DD to the food markets today and the Bear was so cute showing her off to all his favourite food vendors. She looked adorable in her little pram. And she slept through the whole thing. The current joke is that she would sleep standing up in a glass of cold water but we know it won't last so trying to enjoy it while it does. Grandparents came round today - Bear's parents and my father, stepmother and 2 siblings. Everyone got a good cuddle. My 12 yr old sister put together a slide show of photos she had taken of DD and it was really good!
    Poor little DD has nappy rash already though - so any tips on that would be good. She is wearing sposies and we have put sudocrem on the rash. We try to change her often, but she sleeps for long stretches so maybe we need to be waking her up to change her more often? Also what kind of wipes do you use? I would prefer to use something I can just soak in water than the standard baby wipe thingies. Mel, any suggestions>?
    Belle honey you're doing great things helping out Chrissy
    Tenny, missy, kel, skittlebub, ayapi, feeb, hope you're doing well,
    catch up tomorrow.... need to zzzz now!

Pixie- You could try some nappy free time, fresh air may help clear the rash, otherwise sudocrem or bepanthen is good. As far as wipes go can you just use old washers and water? I use huggies wipes mainly as they don't seem to sting their bottoms (when they have nappy rash) as much as cheap wipes. You could try something softer than washers like chux maybe?

I am keeping up with the posts (only just!) but never time to post myself.

For those that don't know me.....I'm Tania, I had my gorgeous baby girl Ashlea Skye born 10 days overdue 28th July after a 4hr induced labour, she weighed 3800g or 8lb 6oz. The birth went pretty well I guess the breathing part was much better than the first time round but the pushing part was harder and much more painful (maybe cause Ashlea was bigger??) I have a 2yo son Jayden who surprisingly isn't showing any signs of jealousy toward his baby sister and he just loves her to bits! We are breastfeeding now after some initial problems (that is a whole other story that I will fill you all in next week). I think thats basically it.......How many mums in here weren't in the belly group?

Anyway miss you guys......Can't wait until things are a bit normal next week so I can spend some "me time" on BB! ATM I don't get any me time

oxoxox

Pixie - sounds like you guys had a ball at the markets I use bepanthen on these kid's butts, I find it clears up overnight if I use that - rather than the more expensive sudocream. Could just be our skin though, dunno. I had sudocream on DD the other night but it didn't soak in or anything so I just put bepanthen on it the next night, and by morning it was gone. Oh and I usually use J & J wipes (they were on special) or the coles brand one - they are great!!! But i will actually get my ar$e into gear and start using material and warm water one of these days!!! (My washing is already through the roof with extra nappies!!)

Tan - I hope you get some "me" time soon!!!!! DH goes back to work tomorrow, so I'm not expecting to be online very much at all next week!!!!!

Anastasia - hello!!!!!! How's Jonathan doing? I bet he's growing in leaps and bounds!!

Missy - what was the movie? Give me inspiration to watch something other than DORA.. lol

Kel - they don't get constipated with that formula? She's started to grunt and groan whilst pooing so just wondering if its a matter of time before she gets constipated.. She's not at the screaming/constipated stage though, so thats GOOD!!!

I've just sent DH off to bed for a nap and I'm watching the kids (well watching DS trash the house and watch Dora at the same time, and watch DD sleep). DS woke up at 5.30 this morning - wayyyy toooo earlyy.... but DD let me sleep in till 6.45.. not too bad!!!! We put her in our bed again last night to settle her after her feed... its so much easier than rocking.. and I can doze as well!!!! She is such a cuddly little monkey!!!! Not like DS who likes his own space..

Thanks Mel & Tannis (good to see you btw, hope you get some time for yourself soon)
    We tried the fresh air approach yesterday with predictable results - poo everywhere.... but we will do it again today. We got a sample of bepanthen as well as a sample of sudocrem so I will try the bepanthen today. sudocrem seems to cool it down but it doesn't seem to make it go away.
    She only woke up once last night! I can't believe it. And the funny part was I had a weird dream and woke up about 1.30 and thought o well, she will be up soon, no point going back to bed, but in the end I had to wake her up to feed her! My mother is coming to visit today but other than that it should be a quiet one.
    zee, tenny, missy, skittlebub, SW (are you still around?) and everyone else... have a great sunday.

Oh Missy that may explain Keira's potant poos! Well i hate the smell of poo and between hers and Jesse's i dont know which is worse!

Mel.. not as yet no. Keira poos every day.. as did/does Jesse. Havent had any problems with the Heinz Nurture Gold.

Pixie.. the best stuff i found is Lucas's Papaw Ointment. It sooths their bum and clears it so quickly. I swear by it. You can get it at the chemist or woolies or coles etc. It comes in a bright red jar or tube. Jesse had some wicked nappy rashes in his time and found it the only thing that would clear up the nasty ones. Its great for all rashes too. Didnt really like the zinc based creams as they were so hard to get off their skin afterwards.

Tannis.. great to see you hun!

Mez.. how is little Izzy today?

Well had a pretty good night with Keira, settled really well.. all until 4.00am when she woke crying and wouldnt settle.. then DH comes out and she settles right away for him! EHH!
    Going to get some of that Colic Relief today Mel.

Kel - its bloody fantastic in this house - been using it for two days now.. and not once has she screamed from wind or put her legs up to her chest whilst screaming. (She only screams now when hungry or tired.. I can handle that.. lol)

Oh and she FINALLY did a poo - was a bit pastey like, so going to have to keep an eye on it.... I tell ya what, if I have to change formulas over once more..

Hi Girls

How is your weekend? We are tired in this house but good. We went out this morning to a huge park Julia had heaps of fun and we went to our favourite bakery that is our usual ritual

Pixie - we use the Lucas Paw Paw ointment too, it works so well on both Tara and Julia clears theirs up in a day. Ohh markets where are they? I love markets...specially food ones! we love finding new deli's got any good tips for good delis?

Tannis - hi mate great to see you!!! sounds like Ashlea is doing well!, thats great BF is working now for you...

Tasia - what kinda cross did you buy? I didnt get one for Julia.. so wondering this time round if I should get one for Tara, we are having her baptism in Dec. I am looking at some cute dresses online at the moment for 6 month old! Good to hear Johnathon going well.

Mel - how is Izzy today sweetie? are you ok?

SW- honey when you have surfaced, let us know howyou are.. mwah

Tenny - how ru sweetie?

Kell - lol re the poos I still think Julia's stink more LOL

Mel - howdy hope you dont have to change formula's again. Sounds so annoying. I had Julia on lactose free formula until she was 5 months old so she could digest easier then moved to s26 gold.

Sorry girls have to go, Tara's got poo pains tooo now...

Bel
    xxx

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast