Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 16th - 31st 2008

Hope everyone's well today, get much sleep at all?

Kristy J - We've definately got a night owl over this way, sleeps all day & wants to stay awake all night. Doesnt bother me but it annoys DF coz he has to go to work, so we end up watching TV in the middle of the night until she dozes off.

Maddi's got a bit of a gunky eye, its starting to clear up now though. Have the local health nurse coming round tomorrow, hopefully she's nice, after some of the stories I've heard about the health nurses.

Morning all,

Welcome to Jess and Georgia! I can't wait to now go through our next journey of our little girls growing up together

Well today we have our health nurse appointment and I'm going to walk there so it will be interesting as it will be my first long walk since my c-section.

Skittlebub - Isabel has gunky eyes too for the last couple of weeks and I can't seem to clear them up but I will ask the nurse today what else I can do. But apparently it's normal for newborns to get it.

Hope everyone else got some sleep last night and the little ones are good for us all.

Hey chickies..

Good luck at your appointments.

Yep gunky eye is very common. Keira hasnt got it yet, but DS had it. I just washed it with a warm clean washer a few times a day and it ended up clearing.
    Keira's started to shed. lol. Shes starting to peal a layer of skin off. Another common thing with babies who were over due. DS had this also. Plus shes starting to break out with a little pimply hormone rash. Again, following in her big brother's footsteps.
    But otherwise we're going really well. Shes another night owl.. though is starting to get better with it each day. Once shes asleep after her 12am/1am feed she'll sleep 4 hours, wake for a feed, and be straight back out for another 4 hours. Up until now shes been feeding every 3 hours so its good progress.. starting to stretch it all out.

Kristy.. will have to do for sure. Grahame's back at work next week ahhhh though i think mum might be coming down again for another week. Though im going up to Richmond tomorrow at 12 to see Dr Parmer if your interested? Think i may have an infection in my uterus.. not good. Will sms you.

Jess.. hey hun, great to see you here!

Missy.. oh glad at least the formula is helping a little. Hopefully he just needs some time to get adjusted. Im doing pretty well. Keira is such an easy baby. Only time she cries is when her nappy is being changed. So hoping that continues!

Hi guys

I'm back.

Hope all are well.

BBL

YAY! she's back! It hasn't been the same without you Mel!
    Congrats on baby Mehkelti .... she's extremely cute.
    Hope everything is going well.
    And FYI - to quote you - "I'm still here and **** I'm still pregnant!"

YAY HI MEL!! Welcome home honey! Hope things are going good with you. Looks forward to catching up!

hi all I posted in our old section but no one is posting there and I made a huge post so just wanted to post it here, are we moving over to here now?
    Hi girls, I have been trying to get online too, great to get back on!

I have a huge Whoo hoo! for 4 days I have been expressing only as Tara has not been attaching and tonight she attached and fed for the first time in 4 days on the boob, still am expressing but I am just so happy she has attached and likes my boob again. Only the left one she likes but its such a bonus and on the right track. Im seeing a LC tomorrow afternoon so hoping to get everything sorted for proper feeding!

Anyone heard from Lotsasmiley? maybe shes in labour!!!!

Tasia - thats great your maternal visit went well, we have Tara's on thursday! You know the stoke bite that you mention, Tara has the same thing, I can send you a pic, she has one on the forehead, one on her nose and one on her eyelid and little on her chin. The PAED said to me that it should fade, but if not at 12 months we can see a skin dermatologist to discuss what we can do if its still there. I will ask Jeffrey what exactly my PAED called it and look it up for you but he didnt say anything about it being dangerous so please dont freak out honey. I can email you a close up pic of Tara's so we can compare you can see if it looks the same just PM me your email addy?

Craig - thanks for your posts, I have Texted Mel, is she ok? is the feeding getting better and the mucous settling down? I hope everything is well.

Missy - awww big hugs, if it wasnt for my Anti-depressants I think I would be crying at drop of hat too. I did last time Julia was born I was waterworks for sure. Liam is so gorgeous honey.

Pink - great to see you and read your birth story of Ava! I hear ya re the nipples too hon, have you got some Lanisoh? its great stuff for relieving, I put it on after every feed when my nipples hurt. If you tickles Ava's chin when you put her on your BB's to latch on you can get a wider mouth so that may help too.

SW - hon, Alyssa is just so cute! how is she tonight? Have you tried tickling her chin, pulling it down a bit with your finger when attaching? it makes their mouth wider and attach better. I hope it gets better soon. Hope it goes well with the LC.

Zee - hon did you get my text yesterday? hope all is well with you and Lucas.

Kell - where are you?? how are you and Keira?

Pixie and The Bear - thinking of both of you! It wont be long! sending you labour vibes!

feeb - congats for Jacob one month already!! great news re his growth too!

Jess - excellent to hear Georgia is gaining weight hon, how often does she feed? Tara is demand feeding but close to every 3-4 hourly.

Mez - how you doing, how is Isabel tonight?

Tania - how is Ashlea? shes so gorgeous in her ticker in her carseat! how ru feeling?

Tenny - hows your little prince? all well ?

Mumma B - how are you and Archie? havent seen you in a while.. lets catchup soon ok?

Kristy - how are your boys? hows things at home?

Im sorry if I have missed anyone, Im just so tired and need to have some rest, so I will say hello and come back later for more personals.

Take care girls.

Bel
    xxx

Mel - yay great to see you are home how are things? sent u sms too

hi girls
    Annabelle is asleep on my belly at the moment. She didn't sleep much at all yesterday but has been catching up today. I have a touch of mastitis so taking as much help from the grandparents as possible.

We had a super night last night, fed at 10, 1, 4 and 6:30 and slept in between in her bassinette. Not sure what we did to deserve that, but she seems to like to be 'worn' during the day. At least i can get stuff done. Just hope that won't affect night sleeps. Things are still so unpredictable and i can't get her out of the sling & into bed without waking her. Have to wait till hubby gets home from work to have a shower!

hope everyone is enjoying their bubs!
    Pam
    xx

Lol. I posted in the other section too, so I deleted that and I'll just stay here now.
    Gettin' a bit confused I was. lol.

Welcome home, Mel!!!! Hope you're all doin' great!

Pam - I hope the mastitis goes away. I hope Maddi keeps going well at nighttimes for you.

Skittle - Hayden has a gunky eye too. DS#1 never had it, so we're just wiping it with a damp tissue, and trying the massage thing.
    He hates when I try to massage the tear duct too. His cranky side comes out. Lol. DP says he's just like his mother when he's like that.

Belle - I hope Tara keeps attaching and boobie feeding for you. Good luck with the LC appt. Fingers crossed things get sorted for you.
    My little man is doing really well, thanks for asking. We're having a few attitude issues with DS#1 though. Sometimes I'm ready to pull my hair out cause of him. Ugh.

Kell - I hope everything is ok and you don't have an infection in your uterus. They were thinking I might have had something like that when I had really high temps, but I never heard anything back from the tests, so I guess it wasn't. Yay! Keria sounds like she's doing really good with feeds and sleeping.

Mez - I hope the walk went well and the appt too.

Kristy - Great to hear the fam is getting over the colds.

As for me:
    Hayden is sleeping great. I'm hoping he keeps sleeping great during the night. DS#1 was a good sleeper, so I'm hoping Hayden follows his brother's footsteps.
    Feeding pretty well. He has one bottle a day of my milk so I'm really pleased with myself, especially since I started trying to express so many days after he was born.
    Can't wait to see how much he weighs on friday even though I haven't had the greatest experiences with those ladies so far... .. But that's a whole other story.

Just wondering if you ladies are going to write a birth story???
    I'm not sure about mine yet.

I added a couple pics of Hayden.
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...4&ppuser=11609
    and
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...5&ppuser=11609

Hugs & stuff to everyone else.
    I hope you're all doing fantastically.

xx

Belle - I didn't get your text mate? I think my phone has been playing silly buggers lately.. need a new one me thinks!!!!

Good to see all my old belly buddies in here - although mine is so much younger!!!!

DD (wow feels weird to type that) is sleeping at the moment, and DS is watching Dora even though he should be in bed. I seem to have a baby that is unsettled in the morning, and the early hours of the morning (like from 3am - 5am and then again from around 10 - 1pm) but sleeps well the rest of the time.

We are bottle feeding, straight up. Less stress for us.

C-section scar is healing ok, although is bleeding slightly at the moment. DH said its because I'm doing more since coming home than I was in hospital, so its going to bleed more. DS and DD had their first bath together tonight, think DS was a bit confused as to this little screaming thing invading his bath!!! LOL

Anyhoo, just thought I would read through the thread, admire everyone elses babies, and say a proper g'day.

Me loves yas all *mwah*

Oh, and btw, DD was 54cm long, 35.5 HC and weighed 8 pound, 11.5 oz. (Bigger than DS but looks much smaller!!!)

Oh and we added another middle name - just to make her more confused.. LOL

Look forward to catching up with everyone!!!!

Good to see all my old belly buddies in here - although mine is so much younger!!!!
    Mine isn't even born yet! And the August thread is down to two (apart from me and Lotsa) so I might have to eye up threads for September and October at this rate.

Great to see you back Mel.

everyone else & babies

Moring all

Awwww what is wrong with this site. I was trying to post yesterday and it wouldnt let me. It only let me look. Arrgggg so sorry no personals this morning.

Im off to the clinic today to get Liam weighed, im abit worried as he has started spewing up alot on the breast milk. does anyone elses baby chuck alot. He doesnt do it on the formular so not sure whats going on. I know formular is thicker so thinking that is why. Ill see what the nurse says.
    WELCOME BACK Mel. LOL at your kiddies bath time. that is so cute. Oh and you shouldnt be bleeding hun. STOP DOING SO MUCH. You should only be bleeding down below IYKWIM... Take it easy hun as you dont want your scar to open. xxxx

Ok will bbl for personals. Liam's appointment is 11am, then seeing a friend at 12 so will try and post after that. Oh and first time going out with callum and liam by myself. Abit nervice....lol.

Morning girls how are you all?

Mel - honey your scar is bleeding oh hon does it hurt? Are you feeling ok otherwise? When are you going back for a checkup? you should not really be bending or picking things up from the floor or doing washing etc. Also dont pick up DS at all honey. Do you have pads to put on your scar? Also betadine? you will need them SMith and Nephew sell the pad thing that absorbs the stuff that will come out of your scar, I had stuff coming out of my scar with Julia. I hope it looks ok otherwise hon, be careful you dont get an infection, if you see your lower belly from the scar slowly go pink/red up to your belly button gradually you are getting an infection.

Missy - goodluck at Liam's appointment!

Pixie - fingers crossed your baby makes its entrance soon honey :hugs:

Tenny - thanks mate the LC appointment went well, she was not attaching properly now I have some more tips to raise my nipple a bit and also bring her up and over, so its working better ,but when shes sleepy its hard still to maintain her on the nipple. How much does Hayden drink on the bottle? I was expressing 80 - 100mls and Tara was drinking it all, now having done 4 feeds just on breast again shes waking every 3 hours not every 4... im knackered again LOL.

Pam - hiya, sounds like your bubs is a super feeder! sounds excellent!!!

Gotta go have a shower while I can so back later girls. Got Julias health nurse visit this arvo at 4pm so will let you know how she goes!

Bel
    xxx

Belle and Missy - I think its cos my back is totally out and I have a really bad limp when I walk and I have to hang onto walls and stuff just so I can move around - I think that is putting extra pressure on the incision... so it just had a couple of bleeds, but craig said it looks like they have dried up - scar is a little bit redder than it was yesterday, but he is keeping a good eye on it for me. Last thing I want is an infection!!!!!

Have fun at Liam's appointment Missy - I hope Callum is a little angel for you!!!

Pixie - I'm not even going to ask if there is any movement.. lol

DD did really well last night - she fell asleep after her bath (even through DS's tanties and loud playing before he went to bed) then she woke up at 10 for a feed, fell asleep, we went to bed at midnight (yeah I know, norty of us!!) and she woke up at 2am and then 5.45...woohoo!!! Went straight back to sleep until around 9am, she just woke for a little feed (about 50mls) and then went back to sleep!!!!!!

DH is making me breakfast now (ham and cheese croissants with a glass of chockie milk.. hehe) and DS is in day care today - so its bonding with our princess day!!! (and trying to fix my stupid back!!!)

Hope everyone else had a good night with their princes and princesses!!!!

morning ladies

well we had a great night put the boys to bed at 10pm with a full belly and they didn't wake till 3.30am. yay 4 a better nights sleep.and isaac didn't wake till 8am so thats even better.

mel - missy is right, take it easy you shouldn't be bleedingfrom your scar at all. infact it schould be completly sealed now, just a red line. are you lifting aricyn? you are not surposed to lift anything heavier than your baby for at least 4-6 weeks or you can get a hernia. its hard i know but better in the long run for you all. i just spent the past few weeks on the floor trying not to lift Ike so i know its tough.
    lol on the bath too, your braver than me, good job, im too scared to bath the babies with ike i think he might think they are a bath toy.

missy - yay on the shopping trip good luck you will be fine. and if all else fails buy some junk food and go home for a pig out, its a great de-stresser.

bell- hi yeh thanks we are doing great. you sound well too.

Tennykins - hayden is so cute.

well feeding is exhausting. im still expressing for a few feeds a day as well as breast and formula. i want to swap to the bottle full time soon as it is easier esp when looking after isaac. i enjoy breast feeding but not when isaac is around so i think the bottle will be better. i want to persist till the end of the month if i can. plus the weightloss you get when breast feeding is helping alot.

well i better go. meeting kell for a coffee today. and i want to print up some pics before i get behind too much.

take care
    kristy xoxoxo

PS: pics ok my 3 sons.........

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ry.php?cat=932

Missy & Bel - good luck with your appointments today.

Mel - Welcome Back, enjoy your bonding day today!!

Kristy - Yay on the sleep!!!

Tenny - Im not sure yet if I will post my birth story or not, I did write it all down though during the hossy stay

Everyone else - hope you are doing well

We just had our health nurse visit & DD has put on 250g in 1 week, everything else is well, she just has oral thrush from the antibiotics the hossy gave me. Her eye is clearing up nowand we are starting to get a pattern to the night feeds. Feeding around 11-12ish, then 3-4ish then 7-9ish, so we seem to be getting some sleep when DD decides to sleep inbetween feeds.

hi girls
    After a great night on Tuesday night, last night was an absolute shocker. The only place Annabelle would sleep was on my chest and that was only after a great deal of fighting. She is quite colicky and just screams intermittently and inconsolably. I'm exhausted.

Off to see a lactation consultant today to try and sort out my supply and her attachment issues.

Take care
    Pam
    xx

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast