Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #10

belmarks Guest

Hay - you say you've gotta get a wriggle on because of your age - can I ask how old you are? Im starting to get nervous too, need to get a wriggle on, hoping that I don't need to go through IVF again though. Having a few dramas with DH atm so I would love to have another, but just not sure its the right time to do so....but at the same time, Im worried that if I keep putting it off, I will be "over the hill" in fertility years!! Go see your friend and rub her belly, then send me some of those vibes too!! tee he he!

Rach - my goodness, Im so jealous that you are going to Paris, you lucky lucky girl!! How long will you be gone? Have a wonderful time!!

Not much going on here, just another stinking cold for Coby, he has tonsilitis too I think, so that's great!! Only 4 more sleeps till he's one!! I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone, and cannot believe what a beautiful strong little man I have, considering how fragile he was when he was born....

Party preparations are in full swing, so I best go and get to it!!

Bel! I can't believe Coby's one in four days! It's crazy that our babies are growing up so quickly. I guess I'm not really focussing on Blake's birthday yet - that's what the week after Paris is for! LOL Mind you I have bought them their presents - Viv's birthday is the day before Blake's. It's a little lighter on this year in the way of presents:1) because there's now two of them, and 2) we're spending a fortune on Paris, but they are not missing out! I'm sure we'll buy them something there too. We'll be away for 10 days, with 8 of them in Paris, the other two will be travelling. I guess that's the way it is when you go to the other side of the planet. It's going to take a while.

Blake had a crappy night last night. In fact I ended up getting into bed with him at 11.45pm. I went to bed about 10.45pm and within the hour I'd been up to him about 5 or 6 times and had alredy given him some Nurofen which normally knocks him out. I think its his teeth. He's such a sook with the discomfort. I feel for him, I really do. I just think he's quite sensitive. Poor little mite! At least we slept really well. He stirred a little about 5.20am when I replugged him, then he slept until 7.15am - his normal time.

Can't remember who suggested it but I'll have to check out the fischer price website again. It will give me ideas of presents for Blake as people keep asking me what to get him.

Kate.. countdowns, let me see... 7 sleeps until we leave for Paris, 17 sleeps until we're home, 21 sleeps until DD's birthday, 22 sleeps until DS's birthday. What a busy month!

As for Paris, yes it's finally starting to seem real. My cousin sms'd me yesterday morning and she's booked her flight to come over on the Tuesday. Then I sms'd my friend in Belgium and he's driving to Paris (approx 4 hours) on the Wednesday. I'm so excited about seeing my cousin in Paris. She's been to Oz 4times and now I'm meeting her on what will be closer to 'her turf'. Can't wait. As for my Belgian friend. I've never met him IRL. I met him in a UK chat room 4 years ago just after my cousin's trip to Oz. She and I would often chat on MSN and also in the chat room. It was there I met him and we've been friends since then. He's now got a nearly 2yo daughter and since we first 'met' I've had Blake. It's going to be so strange but exciting to meet him face to face. As for the rest of Paris... I'm getting out the travel guides again... Mental note, revisit my Paris thread on BB as some of the girls left me a list of things to see and do.

Vivienne woke up with a tummy ache this morning. I'm not sure if it was a real one or whether it was just a bit of separation anxiety - thinking about us going away. She seemed to brighten up after some breakfast and some quiet time at home. She went off to school about 10.45am as she was feeling well enough. I hope she'll be ok. I'm just not going to push her. If she says she's not well, she can have as much time and as many cuddles as she needs.

Kate I have no idea about back braces for lower backs. I had a shoulder brace when I was pg with Blake but it didn't seem to make much difference so I didn't wear it. Hope your back doesn't cause you too much grief.

Sending sleeping-in vibes to Kelse!
    xx

Grrrr!!!!!!

Paris has to be delayed due to stuff going on at DH's work. FFS! It's a week away today that we were meant to fly. Now they've changed it to July sometime.

I'm annoyed and a little numb. It's totally out of my hands. I'm shaking my head in disbelief, but what can I do? Nothing! Oh well, at least we'll be in Melbourne for the kids' birthdays.

:mad:

Sorry to hear about the delay Rachel - I can just imagine how disappointed you must be feeling. At least it is a postponement and not a cancellation.

Hi hayseed. Good luck this month honey. Sounds as though you are on track. Sending some sticky vibes your way.

Hey Bel. all the best with the party prep. I hope Blake gets over his cold quickly.

Uh oh Al has been so busy dragging the dust pan around the house (mummy's little helper) that he didn't notice I was on the computer...but now has worked it out and is pulling on my skirt trying to come up here. shoooooo!!

OK..back again.He's wreaking havoc somewhere else now. We play a few games on the computer together, but because its a little laptop he has managed to pick a couple of the keys off, so I am not so keen on him playing with it anymore. Having this computer in working order is quite important to me.

Hi caz! Al did 4 days in a row with just 1 sleep. But yesterday needed 2 again. So he is showing signs of being ready for dropping that second sleep soon. It seems to make little difference to his night sleep however. I am still up and down plugging him most nights. And he is waking up around 6am (because it is very light by then and the birds are quite noisy too). We usually bring him into our bed to get another nap out of him but he tends to just climb all over us while I try and get a bit more sleep (usually unsuccessfully).

Al got a nasty bump on his head on saturday - entirely my fault unfortunately, as I had him standing on a small stool in the bathroom brushing his teeth and I let go of him for a moment thinking he would keep hold of the sink...and he didn't. So fell straight on the floor and hit his forehead on the door frame. i was panicking as it came up the size of a golfball immediately. I tried to put ice on it but he wouldn't let me near it. It has been changing colour over the past few days and is now finally going sown in size.... I wish I COULD WRAP HIM IN COTTON WOOL!!!!!

Hey Kate good idea about the Fisher Price mailing list. Might sign up too. Belly rubs to you!

VanitaDion is going to love those gifts you've chosen. We have a playground here that has trikes and a well supplied sandpit so I probably won't buy them new, but Al loves that stuff too. Wow at him standing alone for 5 minutes and taking some steps! Good going little man!

Hey Brooke, Sounds great to have met so many of the girls IRL. I tried to also whilst in Sydney over Xmas, but we couldn't get things together. It was a busy time for everyone I guess.

We are about to have summer holidays here too. No serious plans for us to go anywhere in the near future as DH is very busy with work. As he is a freelancer, we take what we can get. But good news with all the work he has been doing lately is that we have cash set aside for our next Australia trip next summer (prob Jan....depending on if we're pregnant and how far along we are).Can't wait to see friends and family again.

Better go - bub is tired..

belmarks Guest

Rach, thats crappy! I bet you're sooo disappointed, all that prep for nothing. Oh well, look at it this way, you're here for birthdays and you have much more time to organise yourselves better now.....boo to your DH's work!

Deb - Thanks for the well wishes on COBY's birthday and him getting well again soon.

Coby seems to be almost back to normal already. Still a little clingy and whingey, but on the whole pretty well back to normal.

Kate, thanks for the good luck with the TTC, I hope it does happen soon for us, even though there are "issues" with DH at the mo, Im sure we'll work through them. And like Hayseed said, I'm not getting any younger, and I've had the difficulty previously, so I hope it all happens again without the assistance of IVF....fingers crossed!!

Brookey, where are you honey???

OH NOOOOOOOO, Rach. I can imagine how disappointed you are, what with getting friends and family lined up to meet you too.

Bel, I turned 36 in Feb, so if I got pg this cycle, it would make me just about 37 when the baby would be due. And we would like 3 kids ideally, so whilst my age now for #2 isn't so bad, for #3, it is looking hairy..... How old are you?

Hi girls,

I am still around but not on BB much due to work. TWW in a couple of days for us again, BFN last month. It's my 35th birthday tomorrow and we are going to our friends baby's 1st birthday so that should be fun. Amy is walking about 5 steps at a time now. Will catch up with you all soon, hope you are all well.

Kate, I hope you feel better. We use a baby toothbrush and water to brush Amy's teeth, she has 8 now. She just opens her mouth and is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Hayseed - *babydust* *twin dust* *babydust* *twin dust* *babydust* *twin dust*!!!!!!!!
    TWIN DUST! :eek: Are you kidding!!!

Pup slept for almost 3 hours yesterday afternoon too, and when I went to wake him, his was so asleep that he didn't stuir when i opened his door, took 2 photos with flashes (he looked sooooo cute), touched him, touched him again, spoke his name, shook him a little, took off his bed clothes - you can imagine what I was thinking by this stage - and then FINALKLY he woke up when I almost picked him up! Little bugger.

I use a baby toothbrush that the MCHN gave me...in fact I use 2. One for Pup and one for me!! If I think I haven't got the lone tooth, I use a bit of the face washer to give it a rub. As for the teeth cleaning beofre or after bottle at night,. I *think* that it is ok for them to go to bed straight after a bottle without brushing their teeth, so long as they are not left to have the bottle in bed with them at their leisure. apparently, if left to their own feeding devices, bubby go to sleep without finishing the bottle and the milk pools around their teeth. But if you feed it to them, then they drink what they need and swallow it all. Does this make sense?

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, on the tooth cleaning front, we do it morning and night, with a little toothy brush specially for babies new teeth, bought from the baby shop. I just give them a little go and then Coby takes it off me and has a bit of a chew, so I let him go, he thinks he's doing a wonderful job!

Brooke, I must have missed something, when are you moving into your new pad? How exciting!!! Wish we could come to the house warming party....

Gemma, have a wonderful birthday lovie! Hope you get a nice BFP for your birthday!

Hay, Im nearly 31, so Im sorta panicking about having another baby soon, as we had so much trouble having Coby, took us 4 years of "proper" trying, but before that, we were, you know, trying but not trying, and nothing happened for us for the 9 or more years then, and then 4 years on IVF/fertility treatments, so Im hoping that it all happens for us naturally again and Im hoping it happens in the next year or so, not in a huge rush, but also mindful of the trouble we had in the first place and how long it took....

Well party preparations are in full swing, I've made the cakes and they will sit overnight and then I will ice them up tomorrow, I am making a Dragon cake, I will put a picture on here tomorrow when Im finished it (if it looks ok that is - tee he he) Who would have thought that this little party would turn into such a big deal!! Can't believe my little man is almost 1......

Bel, that photo of Coby with DH drinking out of the stubbie is a classic!!! LOVE it. DH had a beer the other night and like normal, put the empty bottle next tothe bin. The next day, Pup was crawling around, found the bottle, rolled over and drank the dregs!!! OMG. How disgusting!!! Now that he is crawling, I told DH that he will have to put that sort of stuff straight in the bin or put it outside. YUK.

Made me laugh though.....

Kate, Yep have been brushing Dions teeth ever since he got them through, but I usually bath all 4 at once, so they all get their teeth brushed at once, he doesnt think anything of it. I only do them once a day ( at night) The others all do theirs after breakie too, just not in the habit with him yet. I dont think it matters about the milk. The only warnings Ive really seen is if they always have a bottle of juice, milk etc and take little sips constantly. ( can you believe I saw a mum give a 9 month old a bottle of COKE?>????? It was thirsty and thats what she was drinking WTF????)

Hay, LOL its hilarious the stuff they get into Dion had a mouthful of baby wipes this arvo ( DH now thinks he's a goat LOL) he's always having a look in the bin, stand there with the lid open, so have to keep moving it!!! LOL Twins arent THAT bad, lol
    Good luck

Brookey, WOW Dion wakes at 730 on the dot everymorning, no sleep ins at all. Nearly 1..... Good luck with the move, hows nanna??

Bel, Hope the party goes really well, and the dragon works out for you ( am sure it will) Good luck, hoping it doesnt take another 4 yrs, now your body's seen what it can do!!!

Gemma, happy birthday to you, have a great day ( I'll be 35 in 6 months)

Rachel, ohhh honey, you must be soooo , yep at least its not cancelled, but the anitcipation was there, and the plans, and the preparation.......

Deb, awwww hope Al is feeling better soon, they are sooo quick arent they?? Dion ATM has 2 bruises, one on his forehead, and one on his cheek, then theres his fat lip........ He seems particularly clumsy!!

Good luck with you all on your TTC journey, I was married at 25, fell pg on our 1st anniversary, had the twins at 27, Rianna at 31 and Dion at 33, so in a way a young "old" mum????
    Dh and I will be celebrating our 10yr anniversary next yr.( I have big plans....)

belmarks Guest

Kate, thanks for that info on the subscriptions, I have already done that. And would you believe, I STILL am not getting the notifications. Like this morning I thought I'd just log in and see if anyone had replied in this thread since my last entry (because I didn't get a notification) and what do you know, there's heaps of replies!! I even spoke to a mod about it, and they didn't have any answers. Strange..... I understand what you are saying about having more babies and also about having a rest. But fertility declines dramatically at 35, so Im on a tight schedule really, considering it took 4 years of fertility treatments to have Coby...BTW, Coby goes down around 6.30 each night and gets up at 6 or 6.30 each morning.

Hay, thanks for the comments on the beer drinking. Of course it was empty, but it didn't stop him from having a go! How funny about pup drinking the dregs, they will give anything a go won't they! I caught Coby eating some bits of a flower the other day, too bad if it were poisonous - great parenting by me, was too busy on the computer and he got into some bird of paradise flowers that a friend gave me....NICE!!

Well I finished Coby's cake, what a marathon! I started making the actual cakes on Friday. Then last night I started decorating it at around 6pm, and didn't finish until 11pm, I am so pooped today! I have taken some photos of it, which I will try to attach here, not sure if I can do that, otherwise, I'll upload them to his website. Let me know what you think...

Bel, Oh WOW what a cake, that is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen a lovelier cake, WTG. it must have taken forever, well done, I am sure Coby ( and everyone else) will love it!

Ps you dont mind coming here in a few weeks and making Dions cake do you???

That's FANTASTIC. Well done. Are you a bit of a cake decorator anyway? I do wedding cakes, but kiddie cakes are outside my speciality. I'll have to learn a whole new genre. I think I'll be asking you for tips!!!

So which bits are cake? The bit that the dragon is sitting and the belly of the dragon? What about his head? And where did you come across that idea? I really need to get me some kiddie cake books to give me ideas for the future.

belmarks Guest

Vanita, yeah sure no worries, I can do something for Dion, but how are we gonna ship it to you??? tee he he!

Hay, the belly is the cake, its quite big, but won't feed everyone at the party, (he stands about 25cm high, so picture doesn't show how big it actually is) so I've got some cupcakes for everyone to enjoy, but then again, cake will probably be the last thing on some peoples agenda for that day..... I used "plastic icing" from my local cake decorating store, had to colour it all myself (what a chore) and sculpted it all myself, it took forever!! I did a cake decorating course just recently and got the basics, the course was poo so I ended up dropping out, it was really old fashioned wedding cake stuff that I wasn't interested in, but I learnt how to do all sorts of other stuff, so that was good.
    I have a cake book here by Debbie Brown (I think) its full of birthday cake ideas for littlies - I got it off another website quite cheap, so if you want to know, pm me and I'll tell you, just not sure if we are supposed to promote other websites in here or not...

It was very easy (in theory) but when I got to actually doing it, very time consuming and teadious (sp?) but well worth it when I got that result. Pretty happy with it, there were some "stuff ups" along the way, but I managed to cover them up...

Bel, you'll just have to come to his party, and carry it on your lap in the car!!!!

belmarks Guest

sure no probs!! Send me an invitation!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast