Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #11

Just a quicky at there just seems to be no time at the moment.

Blake had his last bottle with formula in it this morning. Now he's completely on cows milk exactly one week before his birthday. He seems fine with it, didn't notice the difference!

He also drank his water out of a straw cup this morning. It was fun watching him work out how it works.

He also took a step without holding on to anyone/anything yesterday. He will also walk happily holding on with only one hand and is getting much happier standing by himself.

I think he's got himself stuck somewhere so I better go rescue him. Will try to add more and personals later

Deb, dont apologise, we love to hear how Al is going. Yep Dion has a mink blanket which he is attached to, doesn t settle without stroking it. and if upset with snuggle into it ont he floor - face first, like a big cuddle ( so cute)
    The music class sounds wonderful. I will be honest, but there isnt enough hours in the day to do all the classes we'd like so we take him swimming ( like Deb, just us - no class yet, that will start next yr) , and he goes to playgp, but we are too busy for any other extra cirricular activities just yet.

Brooke, where abouts are you moving to? You've probably mentioned before but I forgot....

Yay Deb on the exam result. you're a champ. Wish I could speak a different language - sometimes I struggle with English!! LOL

Good one Coby on those teeth. Pup has the other bottom one just ready to break through, but it isn't doing anything and when he does big laughs, you can see the white of the top teeth just sitting there too. I mentioned to my mum that I reckon his face will change a bit when he has teeth (to look at).

Nothing much happening here. I got the same cake book as Bel got (the dragon cake) to do Coby's. Not sure what to do. I sent invites out the other day, but I didn't pick a theme - just primary colours. So I guess I can do pretty much anything as far as the cake goes. I am half thinking about doing a fire truck (it is red, it keeps in withthe primary colour theme I guess), but anyone got any good suggestions??

Pup was standing up resting on my leg last night and watchign the telly. At one stage I noticed that he was hardly hanging onto me while his concentration was still on the telly. It won't be long until he is standing by himself,. He still has his toes all curled over though when he stands, which no doubt affects his balance.

I am offering most drinks out of a cup with a straw and finding some success with them. So far only milk and diluted juice, but hope to move more onto water in the next few weeks. I think he likes the concept of the straw rather than the actual process of drinking! Who's baby didn't know what to do witht he straw?? What I did was stick it in his mouth and - I had one of those baby juice in a tetra pack - I squeezed a little into his mouth. Once the fluid went in, he just started sucking. I have to admit, it reminded me VERY much of how I get my calves to start drinking off a drinker!!!

Yeah, we should organise a BB Mattel day and donate the money to charity or something? I got the phone number of the Mattel lady that handles the fdundraising stuff, so maybe I could ask her?? I'm guessing we would EASILY fill all the spots up.

belmarks Guest

Hi girls.

Hay, I think it was Vanita who suggested it earlier on, but what about a dog cake? You call Thomas Pup?

Brooke, good luck with the move, hurry back soon, we love to hear Maya stories!! Thanks for letting me know about your Nanna, poor thing, I hope she's up and about real soon and back to normal.

Kate, we're with you on the balance issue, Coby still isn't standing alone, I don't think he ever will, he tries to take off walking and does if we hold his hands, just almost runs, but he still won't stand alone. He did a few weeks back for about 5 or so seconds, DH and I were standing there holding our breath, he didn't realise he wasn't holding on and when he finally realised, he dropped to the floor. Oh well, Im not in any big rush for him to walk anyway, it means more chasing for me, and I already do enough of that!

Rachel - WTG Blake with the full cows milk, we swapped Coby straight over a few weeks back and he hasn't looked back. In fact I was just saying to mum today how much (dare I say it) less vomitty he is now that he's off formula....Seems to get his burps up easier too

Deb, Coby doesn't have a comfort item, he's just not interested....Is that strange? Should they have something? That baby bongo class sounds brilliant, wish we had it here!

We didn't do all that much today, just a few errands that needed to be done. I think Im going to try and go to playgroup with Coby one day a week, he's getting so bored here at home, I have tried all the things that others suggested and more and he's still bored all the time. I guess that will change once he can get around under his own steam?

Coby isn't talking much, just babbling, I think he's concentrating more on the "mobility" things he is trying to do, like walking is just so much more important to him. Have any of your little ones started to really identify words with their objects, you know, instead of just babbling? I'll ask Coby where's Buffy (our dog) and he'll point to her, or where's mummy and he'll look at me, but he won't speak really, just doesn't call me mum, he says mum, but its just babbling.....One of the girls in our mothers group reckons that her little girl is saying "what's that?" and she isn't, she just thinks that her daughters murmurs are her speaking....funny huh!!

Hey Bel, its up to the kids really if they feel they need something or not. I wasn't attached to any toy as a kid, but I remember my younger sister would drag a blanket everywhere with her. And my brother would refuse to let mum wash his 'Jaws' t shirt, as he had to wear it everyday (although he was a bit older then!). We think Al is saying mumma when he wants food or some comfort, that is his only word that means anything. The rest is babble..

Al is still holding on to things, but now and then standing alone, but not for very long before coming down on his bum.

Good luck moving Brooke! Should be such a relief to get into your new place.

Hayseed - thanks for advice on teaching bub to use the straw, as we haven't had any luck with that yet, so we will try the 'calves drinker' method!

WTG Blake and walking!!

Hi Kate and Vanita!

Ha ha ha...the "calves drinker method". Maybe I should patent it!! LOL Ha ha ha.

Pup doesn't have a favourite thing yet either. EVERYTHING is his fav for about 5 minutes and then he moves on. He also hasn't said a word that we have been able to understand. Even "mum".

Hay, LOL at the calves drinker method. I havent tried Dion on a straw yet, but will use this method when I do try !!! We havent had any new teeth for months.

Hey Deb. hows it hanging??

Brooke, hope you are having a fairly stress free move, wish your nanna well from us all.

Hiya Bel, Dion is a mumum and dadadad boy, but nothing significant ( but Im in nooo hurry LOL) Funny how some mums think their kids have to be doing more hey!!!

Kate, hope you are getting enough rest, will have to look up the meet, and hope its a day I can go!

Dion is still unwell, and it has made him a very cuddly bub, crys everytime I put him down, and spends the majority of his time with his head tucked in my neck. ( very cute, but awkward to get anything done) He stand for ages though, and never even notices.

Hey Vanita, you won't believe my relief of being finished with the course! FREEEEEDOOOOOMMM! (<---Braveheart impersonation)

I've been sewing like crazy!! I don't understand why. I hope it means I'm pregnant lol. But I'm not feeling any symptoms yet, so its probably not the case. Testing Thursday. But I found some cool towels at a market today and I plan to make some new bibs for Al, as his current set are beginning to look a bit shabby. I have started on a dress! I have repaired 2 pairs of pants for a friend. And made oven mits to match the new curtain I made in the kitchen!! This is since Thursday, so I have been sewing up a storm here lol.

We bought Al a Little People airplane for his birthday today - it looks like a lot of fun. We also found a cool fire engine with little tools and blocks at the market as well today. So he will be set. I've got a little salsa music set somewhere too (castenets, tambourine etc)! hehe

Poor Dion needing lots of cuddles from mumum.

I am off to a 40th tonight. DH was supposed to come along, as it is his friend! But he double booked and is working somewhere else. Bloody bugger But the babysitter has been organised for ages, so I'm going anyway. The husband of this guy is an Aussie (its legal to have gay marriages here), and we're quite good friends here, so it will be fun.
    Better go, Al is tearing up the place again.

Bingo girls!

Faint positive!! haha! I was feeling so tired today and with that and a few suspicious symptoms I thought I would test a little early. I am still not sure if I believe my eyes, but there is a second line staring back....

Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations Deb! That's awesome news. Totally thrilled for you. You better changed your signature honey to say something like #2 is on his/her way instead of TTC!

Hey girls, we are in shock. But it is still very very early days, I am not even due for AF yet, so I'm a bit bewildered by getting a positive. Give me a few days to let the news sink in. I think I'm in denial now.

Well I'm still thrilled for you anyway, Deb. Fingers crossed this little one stays put. **sends lots of sticky vibes **.

I can't stop cause I really should be doing the things I should have been doing when Blake was sleeping this morning, only for him to have a very short 40 min nap and i didnt' get anything done. He's done for a little sleep to get him through dinner and bath so he can go back to bed again.

I did however have to share with you all. We went to visit a friend this afternoon who had the day off work so she could spend it with her son as she works f/t and it's school holidays. Blake was doing lots of exploring and walking around holding one hand as he went. I could feel that he was getting very confident so I asked her to sit on the floor with me, and with our feet touching and our legs apart to form a diamond, we got Blake to walk back and forth between us HEAPS. It was probably about 6-7 little steps from her chest to mine and he was a bit wobbly but very happy to finally have a use for all his practicing. I'm sure he'll be running around at home before I know it and I'll be wishing he was still. Anyway, I'm so excited and proud of my very clever boy!!!!!

Mummy loves you Blake

Ooooh how cute. Onya Blake!

Deb. OMG. Great news. I'm sooooooooo jealous.

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY HENDY!!!!!!

Happy Birthday for yesterday Hendy!

(Sorry we missed it!)

Hi all,
    CONGRATULATIONS DEB WOOHOO Well done with the sewing

Brooke, hope things at the new house settle in quickly. and Maya has a great b'day party

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENDRIX

Rachel, WTG Blake ( at least you werent in Paris and missed it!!)

Kate, I hope you get all the things acheived that you hoped and that your back behaved itself.

I think I need to run away from home LOL. Been busy here. Rianna is sick too, and the toilet training fell in a heap, so back to nappies again ( and me feeling like a failure )
    Dion has had a tummy upset from the anti's so last night I think I might of got 30 minutes sleep in between screaming episodes!!!
    We went to the Werribee OPen range zoo yesterday, and most of us had a good time ( Dion screamed for most of it) Today we fixed up a sandpit I got off ebay for Dion for his b'day ( it has a tin roof, and shadecloth sides) all the other kids have played in it non stop today, and its freezing here, and I cleaned out the cubby house ( again!!)I think I am tireder now than when I am sleep deprived from work !!!!
    I hope you are all well, and I will see you again soon
    Loves and kisses to all.

Hey girls,
    No it hasn't sunk in...probably because for the most I actually don't feel pregnant at all. But time will tell. We are off for a week to a summer house (not ours) and 2 music festivals. Roskilde Festival again as well as another one. DH is dj'ing - because he is a bloody workaholic. Al is good, but very very clingy and whingy due to teething, so the past day or so have been a little draining.

woohoo Hendy!! Happy birthday little love.

vanita - sounds like you're having a tough patch there. Hope you can catch up on that missing sleep soon. hugs to Dion.

Kate - thanks for the update from Brooke. I am still in denial. Since monday I haven't felt the slightest bit pregnant and I've sworn myself away from those horrid tests until thursday. eeeekkkkkk!!!! its a little scary, but I keep reminding myself this was what I wanted.

WTG Blake walking!!! Clever little boy. Definately good thing you were here for that Rachel.

belmarks Guest

WOW DEB FANTASTIC NEWS CONGRATS!!

Vanita, hope everything settles for you soon, must be always that hectic during school holidays for you I suppose....Zoo sounds like fun, can't wait til Coby's old enough to do that stuff...

Brooke, hurry back soon honey, can't wait to hear how Maya is going

Rachel, WTG Blake, no turning back now for you, you'll be running after him all the time, loosing weight in the process tee he he! Im surprised Im not skinnier than I am chasing Coby around all day - umm could have something to do with all the junk I eat I guess!!

Kate, you're a cleaning machine, how did you feel afterwards? How do you manage to do so much - how do you keep Kelsey amused? I can't do anything with out Coby "helping" me

not much happening here, Coby's still whingey, whiney and clingey, very annoying, he's getting some more teeth and these ones are bothering him more than the others, don't know why?

I will be honest here Kate, the nicest cake mix I have found is the coles home brand butter cake mix ( I am normally a safeways shopper), its just in a plastic bag, but the cakes are moist and light- mmmm, for cupcakes, you just need to cook them for less time.

Well had a better day today. Dion has finished the antis so no tummy upset, thankfully, and we all walked down the street and the girls saw a performance at the library we got lunch and walked home ( about 7km all up), then a gf came with her twins ( the same age as mine) and the kids all had a play, so a fairly peaceful day on the home front.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast