Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #13

Default Babies Born in July 2005 #13

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

July '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ________

Forum Name: beckles
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB: 1st July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.8kg, 51.5cm, 37cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Oscar
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: emergency c/section brow presentation & posterier
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: cazoraz
    State: Langwarrin, VIC
    Baby's DOB: 1st July 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Coleman Philip (Cole for short)
    Baby's Website: www.babysites.com/sites/cazoraz
    Health Concerns:torticollis in the neck
    Notes: born on his due date!

Forum Name: Mama Mel
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3700g Length - 54cms Head Circ - 35cms
    Baby's Name: Ryan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourlilboy
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born on due date! Water birth with gas

Forum Name: Gemma
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3130g (6lb 14oz) - Length 49cm- Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Amy Jade
    Baby's Website: http://www.comcen.com.au/~winston/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Emergency c-sect after 24
    hrs labour and only 3cm dialated. Cord around Amy's neck twice.

Forum Name: Hayseed
    State: Country Vic
    Baby's DOB: 6th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3100gm (6lb 13oz), Length - 48m, Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Thomas Mark Simpson
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/pup7
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: was a caesarean birth because of breech presentation and also mild pre-eclampsia. Born 10 days before EDD.

Forum Name: Kate
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 9th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4400g, Length - 56cm, Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Kelsey Shayne
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourone/
    Health Concerns: Reflux.
    Notes:

Forum Name: sunbeam koala
    State: Denmark (overseas)
    Baby's DOB: 10th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3500kg Length - 52cm Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Alexander Rohan
    Baby's Website: www.mikaidt.dk/2005/birth
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Mumofbundlezofjoy
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 19th July 2005
    Stats: 4625gms, 52.5cm, 36cm head circumfrence
    Baby's Name: Dion Michael
    Health concerns: a little bit of jaundice
    Notes: Born at 39weeks 4 days, natural delivery

Forum Name: Fletch
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 30th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs 8 oz or 3.4kgs Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Zane Scott
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/little%5Ffletch/
    Health Concerns: None.
    Notes: Very healthy bub, sleeps through the night and is formula fed
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE.

How is blake today Rachel? I hope he's feeling better and better.

Gemma- what does the weight loss programme involve? Do they send you meals? Exercise as well? Sounds as though Amy is going well, cute that she enjoyed the science exhibition

Brooke - Average weight at 12months for girls is 9.5kgs and for boys is 10kgs. How much was Maya again (sorry it was in the last thread)? For the record Al is a 9.5 long skinny bones,like his dad.

Just on TTC, thought I should mention what we did differently this month. Previously we had been following all the rules trying for a girl, this month we threw it out and thought whatever happens happens (DTD around O,also orgasms were allowed, so finally sex became fun again ). Also I started yoga everyday - just gentle stretches and some inverted positions. All this helped with giving me some positive energy.

belmarks Guest

Gemma, I did the Tony Ferguson weight loss earlier this year, and lost about 5 kgs, was very happy with it, and am looking to start again soon, just want to shift the last couple of baby kgs! Good luck.

Deb, how are you feeling? Nervous/excited?? What's this about orgasms being allowed? When are they not? Im confused...

Hi to everyone else, I've been keeping updated on what's been happening and Hay/Vanita, I haven't posted since last week because I've been having the same probs that you guys have, its just awful. These boys!! Aarrgghhh, they are set to test us! Coby has been chucking some beauties lately, Im just about to tear my hair out! I am even thinking that I am post natal because I just don't cope with tantrums - I hate them so much and they irritate me beyond belief! But in a way, Im glad you girls are going through it too, because it makes me believe that Coby is at least "normal" in some sort of spectrum!

I had my first appointment with the acupuncturist today, she had so many photos of babies that she helped create on her walls, it was fabulous! She was sooo lovely, and I felt so positive about it all, and whilst we didn't do much today, I walked away from there feeling energised and relaxed, even with Coby.

Sorry for lack of personals, I've just been swamped with Coby's issues lately and haven't had time to get on here....

Bel, I have been questioning if I need an anti depressant as I am teary and feeling very frustrated, I have taken to hiding in my room, as when he doesnt see me he plays happily, but if Im any where in view he follows me and screams. I just feel useless ATM, as I cant seem to do anything right..........

Hi Bel - Great to hear from you. Still in disbelief here, waiting for AF to arrive all the time. I am getting more and more pregnancy symptoms, so it should hit home soon. Check out this article about gender selection (Shettles Method)
    But having tried that method and not falling pregnant the last 4-5 months, I am not a great supporter of it.
    Sorry that Coby has been chucking tanties too. Great that the acupuncture gave a positve feeling to you.

Brooke, this baby (just like Al) is well and truly a labour of love! I agree with you 100% in what you say. How wonderful that Maya is learning new words! 'More' is a very important one to know! cutie!!

Hugs Vanita, you poor thing. Dion! You be a good boy for mummy please....pretty please. Vanita you are doing things right, remember you are the adult with a lot of experience behind you and he is the baby, maybe trying to manipulate you a bit and see what he can get away with. I think Al has taken an acting class and is going for an academy award some days with the theatrical tears I get! Maybe the same school Dion went to? Little villains. Hang in there babe.

Can I just add (sorry for the non-personals post) that my boy is finally getting better!

He had a 100mls of soy milk and 1 Weetbix for breakfast, and 100mls of soy milk when he went for his sleep at 11.30am and he's still asleep. And (TMI) he's finally done a solid poo! Woo Hoo. I'm so glad he's starting to feel better. It must have been so awful feeling as bad as he has for so long. He even stopped walking, hell he didn't even have the energy to crawl! But today when I took him to the doctors again to make sure he's ok - he got a new rash yesterday, and I wanted his ears checked again - he wanted to get on the floor, then crawled over the the doctors toy basket in his room and found something to play with. Then he stood up - holding onto something, then let go and took a couple of steps. I tell you this is a big woo hoo compared to how he's been over the last week. I think I've got my boy back!

Thankyou Girls,
    Rachel, glad to hear Blake is feeling better

I am feeling a bit cheerier today, but mind you have been at a training day all day today, so havent spent all day here dealing with it. This arvo he hasnt been as irritated whether he missed me or not ??? Ooops I spoke to soon there he blows, LOL, better go soothe the savage beast.......
    Love to all

Vanita, it's ok. Pup didn't settle until after 10pm tonight. He is normally in bed by about 8pm and is asleep about 5 - 10 minutes later. But tonight...no way. NOTHING would settle him. He was just screaming and arching his back and throwing himself around. A couple of times I just shoved him in his cot , shut the door and walked out ('cause I was just gunna smack him otherwise for being such a pill), but in the end I had to get him up and settle him in the lunge room. After about 1/2 hour there, he went to bed no probs. There was just nothing worng with him that I could see. God I was frustrated....

I know that when the time comes, I'll rue this wish, but sometimes I wish that he could just bloody well tell me what is wrong so I can do something about it.

Glad you're feeling better Vanita.

And good to hear Blake is on the mend again, what a little trooper.

Hayseed -I hope this means you get a good sleep in the morning. Or do you have to get up for the cows anyway?

Doesn't matter when Al goes to bed, he is awake and making a racket by 6am...he is a real early bird - a Rooster (just like his chinese horoscope).

Kate, Yee haa for a few good night sleep!!!!

Deb – The Tony Ferguson diet is high protein low carb. You replace two meals with high protein shakes and eat a min of 3 cups vegies a day and one portion of protein with dinner and drink 2 litres of water. Obviously the more exercise you do the better. I am on day 3 and feel fantastic. Thanks for the top on TTC, yoga is an excellent idea. I am going to check it out further. I now want to get my body in shape before getting pg like you did.

Bel – I really hope the acupuncturist is able to help. to you too with Coby’s tantrums.

Vanita – From what everyone else is saying, Dion is doing what they are all doing ATM. He is crying because you are there and he wants to be closer, Amy tries to graft herself to my and DH legs (sounds weird but YKWIM). If you ever want to come and visit feel free to call me. We live so close together and DH would keep Dion and Amy amused while we chat.

Brooke – Wow at Maya saying ‘more’ and how gorgeous with her learning to kiss properly. She has always picked things up easily and is a credit to you and Dan.

Rachel – I’m so happy to hear Blake is doing better. Poor little thing, I hope he is getting back to his normal self. We still want to hear about Paris when you are up to it.

Kate – Woo hoo for Kelsey sleeping though, I hope she keeps it up! DH wants two kids, I wanted 3 but am thinking now two as well. How are you feeling? Sounds like you did everything right for a boy. We BD 7 times starting two days before O because I wanted a girl and that worked. I really believe in the method from the results I have heard about timing and gender.

Amy’s 9th tooth is still coming down funny but we will see how it goes. She slept through last night and DH didn’t have to sleep in her room with her. She has now learnt to put herself back to sleep which is great. She usually cries at 2am and one of us goes in (usually DH) but we don’t have to every time now.

Thanks Gemma, for the offer, when I meet you next Friday, if your a nice sort I might take you up on your offer LOL.

Kate, fingerscrossed that it worked, since all of my bubs were concieved whilst using birth control I have no idea about O'ing, LOL

Brooke I hope the medicine works and Maya's ear gets better.

Well I thought I would try the boy on the bb today, as he hasnt been as cranky, but he still thought it was poison, so it seems like my bb days are over ( well at least I can get my reduction done sooner I guess)

Kate - I always thought I would like a big family, but now I think after this pregnancy, if all goes well, will be it. I'm getting a bit old too (35 now) and I guess it just gets riskier the later you leave it. The other issue is, I would like some time together just with my DH! We are pretty much newlyweds, got into babymaking straight away, and he's 8 years older than me,so if we do the maths, by the time the kids are old enough to look after themselves, we will be old bats and they'll be looking after us *lol*! So 2 or 3 (if I have twins) is enough. I would be happy to have another boy btw, its DH who is wishing for a girl. Sent you an email too, thanks love.

Hi everyone, just jumping on and off.

belmarks Guest

Hi chooks, how are we all?

Vanita, have you been to see about PND? I am seriously thinking that I might go and speak to my GP about it again, I asked him once before and he said that all my reactions were normal, and that Coby is just a very "spirited" little man who is a bit of a handful. TRUE THAT!! But I just am not coping with him being so bossy, he's been like it since day dot, and I just don't cope well with it, Im just not serene like some mothers and all calm etc, I seem to get agitate at little things too....

Kate, I would like 3 kids, but with the probs we've had, I am thinking we may only get one, so that's it for us and Im happy with that.

Deb, I had heard of the Shettles method, however I had no idea that you weren't allowed to "O"!!!

Gemma, WTG Amy on the teeth issue, its good when they finally settle huh!

Rach, glad Blake is feeling better now.

Brooke, come and chat whenever you feel like it hun, how's your job going?

Hi Hay!

Sorry if I missed anyone.....

Coby is going really well ATM (I hesitate to say anything because as soon as I do he goes feral!) He's officially walking, he's been taking some steps for a few weeks now, but he's officially walking around on his own, and not just quickly between things, he's taking off! He's so funny to watch, very upright with arms outstretched - he looks like Frankenstein!! We had swimming today and the teacher thinks that he's too advanced for the baby class now and should probably go up to the Aqua Tots class so we'll give that a try, clever little man!!

Kate – Are your cycles usually long? O at CD36 is weird. I thought I have been O at day 14 but have been having EWCM on day 16 which means I might have been mistiming for the last 9 months! I would love a copy of the chapter in the Wonder Weeks, I think you have my work email but I will email you too.

Vanita – If I am a nice sort!! LOL. You said ALL of your kids were conceived on birth control, you must be fertile. Sorry to hear about Dion not keen on bf but he did go until he was over 12 months so that is a good thing. I had a reduction about 9 years ago and was so happy with it. It was most likely the reason why I couldn’t bf though which was disappointing. But they have now grown again since I have put on weight.

Bel – What a clever boy you have walking and going up a class in swimming!!

Rachel – How’s Blake?

Hi Brooke, Hay & Deb!

Bel, Deb, I have 3 girls and not "O"ing was not on the agenda KWIM

Kate, Hey we KNOW you can birth this bubba girl!!!! If you birthed Kelsey without any prob's you'll do it again..... GO KATE GO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WooHoo on Kelsey for sleeping!!!! It will be nice to have DH home to give you a break tonight.

Gemma, looken forward to meetin ya gal....... I had looked into a reduction yrs ago, but decided to wait until childbirthing days were over ( I am now looking at getting myslef a perky little pair , but surgeon says d cup is about as small as he can go.... still that would be FABBO, am trying to lose some weight going to gym ,and then get my boobs and tumy done)

Well we fell pg on our 1st anniversary and here I am at 34 done..... ( sorta LOL)

Bel, WTG Coby, walking and swimming, little champion........

Brooke, from all of us, you know if you need the med's they are there to use, and its NOT coz you are weak, KWIM..... A stronger woman admits she needs help, a weak one lives in denial.....

Rachel, hope to see you next friday, and I hope Blake is well on his way to recovery

Hay, hiya, hows the calves, hope all the squirty's have stopped, and I hope Pup has improved his behaviour ( and still feeding???)

Loves and kisses to all.

Kate – Woo hoo on Kelse sleeping though the night again. That’s great that the OB gave you his opinion. You know you can do it and you have all the support in the world on BB – and your OB/s. You are not lazy, you are pg and there is a difference. You need to have a break and look after yourself and your bub. You and Deb didn’t waste any time. We waited 13 years before we decided to have a baby. You were breastfeeding so that is probably why you had long cycles and as you said your body was adjusting. Thanks I look forward to reading the WW chapter.

Vanita – Sorta done does that mean maybe one more or cause Dion is still a bubba? A reduction can do wonders for your body and it is a good idea to lose weight prior and I think they suggest that. Looking forward to meeting you, it will be a great day.

I forgot to mention before that we have started to put Amy to bed at an actual time. That probably sounds strange but we usually have her in the family room and one of us nurses her until she goes to sleep. We love the time with her just holding her on the couch but she needs to just go to bed awake. It is a bad habit we created but it is only at night. She gets put in her cot during the day and just goes to sleep.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast