Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #14

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hay-Yep, I was born in 1980 Definitely give the TF diet ago, it seems to be working really well for Gemma and now Rachel. It's a meal replacement program, you replace 2 meals a day with a shake or soup that you buy in sachets. You are allowed 1 piece of meat the size of your palm and 3 cups of veggies (raw or cooked) a day. If you want the link to the website to read about it let me know and I'll PM you. I was inspried to Gemma and Rachel to get off my butt and do something about myself. It's not easy to literally get off your butt and get out there and go walking, I always worry about what people will think, which I shouldn't, but I'm hoping once I get started and lose some weight I might feel better about getting out and about. My father died of a heart related problem and I have been on my BP meds since I got PE, my BP has gone down but I would really LOVE to stop taking them all together and I think lowering my weight will do this. And yes as mummy's we need to look after ourselves so we're here for a really long time, after all we have to be MILs so we can torment our DIL

Vanita-Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww thanks, Dion is a cute little peanut, definitely teeny compared to my big lump, lol. Thanks for the luck, if you want to do it you should definitely check with your neurologist. I don't know why you would need to check with him, I guess there could be something that might not gel with your meds? But it can't hurt to ask right?

Hi DebHooray that things are progressing well with your pregnancy, that's great to hear And sleep away, you need it. Woooohoooo for Al walking, that's fab.

Hi to everyone else

Amy did a wee in the toilet last night!! I have been putting her on the toilet when her nappy comes off for nappy off time and putting her on the toilet. Last night I did the usual ‘do weees’ and she did. We just looked at each other in stunned silence before I started clapping and congratulaing her. It was only the first time but I am hoping it continues. Had to share as I am so proud of her.

Bec – Yep a picnic sounds like a good idea. I just replied to the South East playgroup meet so that should be fun if we go to a park. I think I mention it before that it was watching other kids walk that started Amy walking properly. I think you will enjoy TF as it is pretty easy. You can get Carb Options caesar dressing and other dressings and I have them on a big salad for lunch. The salad helps with the hunger and also your 3 cups of veggies. You will be hungry for the first week then possibly struggle to eat in the second week as you will not feel like eating a lot because your body stops craving carbs. BTW, it’s good to have you chatting to us again.

Hay – TF is Tony Ferguson and they have a website. You can order two weeks at a time or buy them at at Terry White Chemist (don’t think you would have one around the corner from you!) They are meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch, you have to have min 2lts water a day, I serve of protein and at least 3 cups vegies – no potatos, pumpkin, peas or corn. No bread, rice, choc, or anything else as it is a low carb, high protein diet based on ketosis. My SIL has lost 23kg on it easily. Anyway check out the website for more info. Although your dad was your dad, it sounds like it was for the best not having contact with him. Don’t be sorry for expressing you feelings.

Vanita – With TF there are a few warnings and it is not suitable for diabetics and pg women (for obvious reasons). Maccas to eat out, I don’t think so! There is a la Pocettas (sp?) but I don’t really like that. We normally go to the local pub when we go out. DH will be going to the gym to get fit and to get out of the house too. You won’t need to do TF anyway with the gym and all the exercise you did on the weekend. Healthy eating and exercise has to beat any diet.

Kate – Kelse is not walking because she doesn’t want to put extra work on you to chase her around when you are in your 3rd tri. She told Amy that when we had our playgroup.

Deb – I hope you are okay and we can all understand being tired during pg. Like Kate, you have extra to do with a little one as well. Don’t worry about no personals, we have all had times where we couldn’t post much. Can you go to another doctor about Al’s rash? Some doctors don’t seem to take things as seriously as the parents when it comes to medical things.

Just on doctors, our friends 14mo went to the doctors as she was lethagic and not herself. He said it was either a UTI or Meningococcal and to watch her. There is a big difference!!:mad:

Hi Bel, Rach, Brooke!

Must do some work today….have to get a report finished and I have been avoiding it. Have a great day!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hey Gemma, woooohooooo for Amy, how clever of her I'm really looking forward to getting started, sounds like it's going great for you, I hope it does for me too. Hope you get some work done today and stop avoiding doing it

My, my you girls talk. I was only on yesterday and you've added so much.

Firstly, Woo Hoo for Amy!! She's quite a clever girl you've got there Gemma. You and DH should be very proud of yourselves. I never use his name cause I don't know if you want us to, but you know we know who he is, IYKWIM. I just feel mean not saying his name.

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts about my Dad. You know it's not just "this time of year" that I think of him, I think about him all the time. But I'm not going to dwell on it. I've gotta keep moving on. Hay, don't feel about takling about your dad. Like Vanita said, it's because you feel comfortable talking to us about your dad - just like I do - Your relationship with your dad, and everyones with their dads of course, are totally different. Don't sweat it baby.

Deb, you make sure you get as much sleep as you need, honey. You're cooking a precious little baby, and we all know what 1st tri is like.

Kate, don't worry about Kelse not walking (I know you're not) she's just watching and learning. She's a smart girl. She'll be running rings around our boys before you know it. And then she'll keep up with Amy! LOL

I've just put a post in the bargain/sales tips thread about grobags. Gemma you may be interested as they have 2.5togs on special for 3 days starting today for 33% off limited designs. Have a look cause I know you use them.

Bec, woo hoo for you giving TF a try. Gemma's right, I haven't been as hungry this week. It's bizarre. I didn't eat much at all yesterday. Couldn't even eat my second piece of fruit. I think I find drinking 2L of water a day hardest cause I'm not a big drinker but they say you need it to help flush all the waste, from burning the fat, out of your body. I bought a bottle of diet cordial yesterday and that's making it go down a little easier. I also started eating pears for my fruit as they are REALLY high in fibre so maybe that's filling me up more too.

Gotta fly. Blake's into something he shouldn't. Will come back later.
    xx
    Last edited by wardygirl; August 23rd, 2006 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigergirl1980
    [B] we need to look after ourselves so we're here for a really long time, after all we have to be MILs so we can torment our DIL
    Ha ha ha . Aint that the truth!!!

I checked out the TF website and they have a forum just like this one! I know that it shouldn't matter, but I think I might just concetnrate on the next few weeks starting on clomid and see how things go before I embark upon something else. I'll live vicariously through you girls who are going to strip the weight off!!

Also a question about diets (not necessarilly for weight loss, just general food intake). I have heard that a diet that is high in protein and low in carbs (like TF, like Aitkins) can have a negative impact on concieving. Maybe due to ketosis??? I dunno. I should look into it a bit more. I can't for the life of me think where I might have heard this either, but I am thinking that it might have been in the New Scientist magazine. I'll do a bit of research......

Hay, that is interesting about high protein/low carb diets and TTC. As you know we have been TTC for about 8 or so months so I will check this out further. I have only been doing TF a couple of weeks so that isn’t the reason I am not getting pg but possibly the excess weight is. I joined the TF forum as Gemma007 but haven’t been on it for a while.

Rach, glad TF is going good for you. You have to keep eating though because your body needs the food you are meant to have to keep burning fat. Yeah I want to not say my name or DH’s name on BB because of the people I have told about BB. Although I joined as a Platinum member again today so my Avatar gives it away on who I am anyway. Thanks for the Woo Hoo, I am happy to say that I have been TT Amy myself and DH has not done too much yet. Just going to check out the bargain/sales thread for the Grobags, thanks. They are all we have every used and Amy has never had blankets/sheets.

Thanks for the Woo Hoo Bec!

Deb, I forgot to mention Woo Hoo to Al for walking!!

Note to self….Must get back to work. Bye!

belmarks Guest

right, thats it, Im emailing the mods again, Im STILL not getting the response emails to this thread....Im sick of trying to catch up on what's been going on for the past 4 pages....

Sorry girls, no personals, hope you are all really well.....

aarrrggghhhhhh!!!

Deb, do not feel guilty, when you gotta sleep, you gotta sleep!!! We know you still love us ( modest hey!!! LOL)

Gemma, If we ever go out to dinner its to the pub, we like the sort of meals you get there. WTG Amy on wee's ( Can she tell Rianna her secret, we are having lotsa troubles trying to TT her and she will be three in a few weeks)

Oooooh Hay, i'd better go on the TF then if its going to prevent conception,. I need alllll the help I can to stop it !!! LOL Good luck with the clomid, have you started yet?? How Pup and the weaning going???

Rachel, g'day mate, lol hope the Tf works for you.

Bec, you could nearly be my baby!!!!! LOL Spring chicken you...........

Dion finally had his immunisations yesterday, and will be going to the MHN on friday ( havent been since 10 months) Oh I did discover two fat molars up the top, halfway down when he was screaming the other day, didnt know he was getting them ( he didnt tell me LOL)

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita-Hahahahahahahahaha, I'll call you mum then, lol. Am I the youngest in here? Surely not.

Woo Hoo Dion! Congrats on your new teeth matey! They mustn't have upset him too much Vanita, although was that why he was cranky pants a week or two ago? Or was it a couple of weeks ago perhaps? Anyway good for him!

Bec, yep you can call Vanita mum. That way I wont feel so old! he he he How's Blake's
    twin doin with his walking?

Hay/Gemma, I had a look at the TF forum but haven't got round to signing up. Don't have enough time to get online, and I like BB when I can. Will let you know if I register.

I have to Woo Hoo again about TF. I wore a skirt (can't remember if I told you) on Sunday that I hadn't worn for a while cause it was too tight to be comfy. Well I fitted really well on Sunday and I put it on this morning and it fitted better. In fact it was a little loose around the waist ( but not too loose around the hips, it was just right) I couldn't believe the difference. So I tried on a pair of pants I hadn't worn for a while for the same reason and they looked great!!! I cant' believe what a difference TF is making to my body. Sorry I just had to shout! Woo Hoo!

Hi to everyone else!

Hi Kate. I hope Kelsey is letting you sleep. Does Blake need to send kisses yet?

Hi Deb. How are you coping honey? Getting enough sleep. Take care of yourself.

Hi Brooke and precious little Maya. She's such a sweety. And so bright. I hope she's feeling good.

Hi Bel, how's gorgeous Coby?

Oh my, I hope I've got everyone. Gotta hand the pc over to DH, so will sign off.

Wishing all the bubbies a good night's sleep.
    xx

belmarks Guest

Hi Rachel, thanks for asking about Coby, he's not very well again, another middle ear infection, and he's been really sick this time, atm hes in bed coughing and carrying on, its just awful. Going back to GP on Monday for some answers, wan't something done about this, its been going on since March this year, just over it.

How is Blake going? The TF is great huh! Im going back on it on Monday, although its my birthday on Thursday so I might wait until after I've had cake to go on it....

Vanita, great news about the molars, hopefully you get a break from teething for a little while then......

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Rachel- Gee you're doing so well, HUGE wooohooo. Jonah's going great with his walking, he does it about 80% of the time now except if he wants to go somewhere in a hurry then he goes to a crawl, lol. Hehehehehe, mum it will be then, unless Vanita will get snippy with me for doing it, pmsl. How are Blake and Viv doing?

Bel- Awwwwwww poor little Coby I hope he gets better soon.

Kate- It's funny because I never feel that young. I have always felt younger, but I look younger apparently. Which will be great when I get older, I have good genes my grandma looked yournger than she was too and my mum does not look 63. Whenever I tell people how old my mum is they think I'm kidding because she looks a lot younger than 63. Hoorah for Kelse sleeping better, that's fab, just what you need huh? I can't believe you only have 49 days to go, I see you going early though.

As for us, I'm better but Jonah is sick and I discovered he's been cutting 2 molars at once, can't wait until they bloody well come through. He ended up in bed with us again last night, soooooooo not comfortable, no wonder my neck is sore. He's really good though so I can't complain and he's been having bigger sleeps during the day so atleast I know he's getting enough. We had lunch at my mum's yesterday which was nice and tomorrow night we have friends coming over for dinner, we haven't seen them in a while as they have been busy so it will be great to catch up with them as we have really missed them. If Jonah's not better by Sunday we probably won't go swimming, don't want him to get any worse. We may however go on a real estate crawl and hopefully see some nice places as we don't have that much longer to find somewhere. I really hope we can find somewhere as nice as here or nicer. I get nervous about moving house and not finiding anywhere, we only found this place the DAY BEFORE we had to move, as we 'd changed our mind and were going to stay where we were because we couldn't find anywhere and we rang the landlord and they said it was fine but upon ringing the real estate agent they told as that was not possible and that the landlord had already approved someone, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that p!ssed me off no end. So we were lucky that the real estate agent helped us get into this place. I hope we don't have to go through anything like that again.

Anyway sorry for my little rant. What does everyone else have planned for the weekend?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks Kate, we hope so too. We're hoping to find one that available earlier than when we're supposed to move so we have more time to move our stuff. The only reason we are moving is because we've outgrown this place so I feel good in that fact that we haven't been forced out and we are leaving of our own accord. It's a shame this place isn't bigger as we would defnitely stay. Nup, I really think you'll go early, I have such a feeling about it. Sounds like a couple of busy weekends for Shane and FIL How good will you feel when it's done? Hope the weather stays nice for your lunch on the beach.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwww thanks Brooke for everything you said How good is 1980?? Definitely a great year to be born. Hahahahahahahahahaha they always sleep wonderfully for grandma, we were going through a really crappy patch with Jonah and he stayed at mum's and whadda know he went to be the earliest he'd bever been, little buggers aren't they? With Jonah doing something wrong I eventually go over to him and get down to his level and I say no you shouldn't do that and I explain why (I know he can't understand right now but I figure he will some day) and then I pick him up and take him somewhere where he has toys so he can play with them instead of doing what he's doing. I might have to do this a couple of times but he gives up the naughty thing eventually.

Well now that my frantic morning is over, I can catch up.

Brooke, Maya is one of our little bright sparks on here, and walking or not, she is very advanced. The Mhn this morning recommends a firm "no" and then a diversion to a "yes" item. She also says boys get into more, but stop easier, girls like to challenge..... Sorry to hear you are still unwell, hopefully it doesnt linger too much longer

Kate, WOW you will have another bubs in not time at all, DH and FIL better get there running shoes on to get the jobs done. Good luck getting the curtains b4 bubs comes

Bec, Ok so I'm not mum, can I be aunty???? I feel self consoius too, and at gym, but I figger if Im exercising, its for me- not them to perve at, so huge or not I just do my thing ( and your not as big as me - so just picture me wobbling beside you - it'll make you smile if nothing else ) Good luck with the house hunting, I wish i coulkd go out and buy a housse that we all fit in..... oh well one day

Bel, aww to you and Coby, yeah Ive gotta ring and make another paed appt to to try figure out the boy, pain in the ass hey.

Rach thanks I figure out that why he's a cranky pants too, but its been going on sooo long I dont think a boy can teethe from 6 weeks til now can he????

On to us, well Dion had an unsettled night after his immunization, but is fine again now, I am a bit sad today though, we had a MHN visit, first since he was 10 mths, and OMG hes only put on 15gms in that time!!!!!! HC only 1/2 cm bigger length up 2cm, BUT NO WEIGHT of course he's developing normally, but he eats like a horse... Dunno why this is buggin me, as Rianna is the same, very high metabolic rates, and they burn everything off ( soooo jealous - they get this from DH)so I know he is fine, but I thought he would have put on a LITTLE more
    The girls had a dress up day at school, so have been franticallt making costumes, they had a parade at 915, then we had the MHN at 1000, then had Riannas swimming lesson at 1100, at least its quiet now til the big girls swimming after school...... Catch u all soon

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Aunty Vanita- hehehehehehehe thanks darl, you're such a gem. Thanks for the luck, I wish we were buying our own place, would be so much more security knowing that you only ever have to move unless you want to. Sorry you're feeling sad You know that Dion is ok though and luck him and Rianna that they have high metabolic rates, you should feel awesome at that. I bet he has a big burst between now and his next weigh in, just you wait and see. Sounds like you've had an extremely busy morning, I hope you get to put your feet up at some point today. What did the girls dress up as?

Hi to everyone else

Hi everyone, just a quick post from me …would love to catch up properly. I am getting picked up at 3pm today to do our tax (thanks Kate!). Have school on Monday so will chat Tues unless I get online on the weekend.

Vanita – . I’m sure Rianna is not far away. My friend at work has almost 3yo daughter and they have been having lots of trouble TT her. She goes to full time daycare and goes to the toilet there. We were talking about it yesterday and she was saying how she has to take 5 days off to TT her. This morning she decided that she wasn’t wearing a nappy and refused took it off and tried to put on her undies. So my friend phoned daycare to let them know and send her daughter with lots of undies. Hope it works for her. Yay for Dion’s teeth!!

Rach – Wooooo Hooooo for you , you go girl!!!! Just keep it up (not like me the last 2 weeks!)

Bec – Woo Hoo for Jonah’s walking. Poor little thing being sick and getting teeth. Hope you have fun when your friends come around. Come and live in Pakenham, it’s great. Good luck finding a house! I just wanted to say to you also that your post to Shannon was so moving. Poor Shannon, the post just bought me to tears reading it and your post was so sincere and so thoughtful.

Kate – Yeah ketosis is dangerous long term and I have heard Atkins has been banned somehow. I wouldn’t worry about your weight (I know you are but you but you don’t need to). Enjoy the rest of your pg and I’m sure you will be doing boot camp again when you can after baby is born. Thanks for the note about emailing TF, great idea. That’s great that DH and FIL are painting Kelse’s bedroom. Enjoy your lunch at the beach, the weather is going to be gorgeous this weekend.

Brooke – What a good girl Maya is sleeping through the night!! And her steps, it won’t be long now!! Amy does exactly the same thing to the letter as Maya with blinds and things. We now totally ignore her and she gets bored and stops. Before we were saying no and she was getting the attention she was after. Her latest thing is standing on her ride on tractor on the tiles which is scary.

Hi Bel & Deb!

Hi everyone, just a quick post from me …would love to catch up properly. I am getting picked up at 3pm today to do our tax (thanks Kate!). Have school on Monday so will chat Tues unless I get online on the weekend.

Vanita – . I’m sure Rianna is not far away. My friend at work has almost 3yo daughter and they have been having lots of trouble TT her. She goes to full time daycare and goes to the toilet there. We were talking about it yesterday and she was saying how she has to take 5 days off to TT her. This morning she decided that she wasn’t wearing a nappy and refused took it off and tried to put on her undies. So my friend phoned daycare to let them know and send her daughter with lots of undies. Hope it works for her. Yay for Dion’s teeth!!

Rach – Wooooo Hooooo for you , you go girl!!!! Just keep it up (not like me the last 2 weeks!)

Bec – Woo Hoo for Jonah’s walking. Poor little thing being sick and getting teeth. Hope you have fun when your friends come around. Come and live in Pakenham, it’s great. Good luck finding a house! I just wanted to say to you also that your post to Shannon was so moving. Poor Shannon, the post just bought me to tears reading it and your post was so sincere and so thoughtful.

Kate – Yeah ketosis is dangerous long term and I have heard Atkins has been banned somehow. I wouldn’t worry about your weight (I know you are but you but you don’t need to). Enjoy the rest of your pg and I’m sure you will be doing boot camp again when you can after baby is born. Thanks for the note about emailing TF, great idea. That’s great that DH and FIL are painting Kelse’s bedroom. Enjoy your lunch at the beach, the weather is going to be gorgeous this weekend.

Brooke – What a good girl Maya is sleeping through the night!! And her steps, it won’t be long now!! Amy does exactly the same thing to the letter as Maya with blinds and things. We now totally ignore her and she gets bored and stops. Before we were saying no and she was getting the attention she was after. Her latest thing is standing on her ride on tractor on the tiles which is scary.

Hi Bel & Deb.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Gemma-You're back, I can see you and Amy and your dogs, wooohooo, good to have you back Good luck with your taxes, hope you get a big fat return. Thanks for the wooohooo fo Jonah, it's so cute watching them walk isn't it? I'm sure we'll have a good time with our friends, we always do, they're like family to us and we love them to bits. We've considered Pakenham actually, lots of REALLY nice houses in our budget but we need to consider Ben's work and I think that will take us further away than we already are. But it's gorgeous over there, would love to some day. Thank you for your kind words about my post to Shannon, I am so terribly saddened. I hope and pray that Jess has a long and happy life, it's so unfair that children get so sick. I thank God that Jonah is so perfect but that too makes me feel guilty because not everyone is so lucky but then I think that's silly, I would never wish a sick child on anyone and never myself. Shannon is such an amazingly strong woman I doubt that I would have coped as well and she has, she's such an inspiration. But I ramble so I will stop. See Kate I ramble too

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast