Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #14

Sorry!!!!!!!!!! I cannot edit delete my second post in the same post.

I was going to say ETA: Just noticed my Avatar has returned as I finally got around to joining up again.

But you have beat me to it Bec, wow you are quick!! Gotta go will talk later.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate-Ooooooooh YAY Kelse. What a good little girl My little monster is playing with the blind cord.

Bec, Lakeisha was Kim Possible, and Tahlia - Jasmine from Aladin ( she won a prize - i sewed the costume, so wheres my prize??? LOL)

Gemma, dont know about that, she wears knickers most days, as she just keeps taking the nappy off, but then she pee's everywhere ( but not if we go out, so she's got bladder control, is just not comprehending where to do them.?.?.?.?)

Kate, what a good girl Kelsey...

We got Chris' tax cheque today, so i get to get my new fridge that I didnt get coz my savings got spent on a blown hot water system...grrrr but now yeeeeeha

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita- Awwwwwww you should have gotten a prize. You must be a great sewer. I hope you took piccies. Woooohoooo for a new fridge

Yep, desparately need a new BIG fridge, we have mum and Dads old one, so is about 12 yr old, and only a 300 litre, and for a familt of 6, is just not big enough ( fabulous for a drinks fridge in the garage though LOL)

I have to admit to resorting to the tap/light smack on the hand for Pup when he is really into something that is just testing the boundaries. Diverting him just works so long. I dunno though... At the moment, "no" in a stern voice sometimes is enough

So Vanita, what does Dion weigh? Pup sounds excatly the same - is still a little dot. And he also gets it from DH...wish I had fast metabolism.....

Brooke, yeah I eat a good diet - not a great deal of norty stuff (am allergic to chocolate, so a lot of junk food is out for me) and it is reasonably balanced. I know that my portion size needs a major overhaul. Exercise...well.....nup. Not really. But I should context that by saying I am fairly physical around the farm. But I understand that your body gets used to doing that sort of exercise and continous doing of it (that is atrocious grammer!!!!) you don't loose weight. ATM, I'd be hard pressed to find more time for something else.

Mind you, swimming lessons for Pup will start around beginning of Sep and for the first time in my life, I am dreading getting into a pair of togs. i have swum competitively and played waterpolo most of my life, so getting around in cozzies has been a second nature to me. But in the past 2 years, I've done nothing swimming wise and it tells.

Maybe a bout of embarrasment is what I need???????

Hello lovelies,

Hayseed - I envy you and not eating chocolate. It is my greatest weakness. What happens with your allergy? I'm probably allergic too (I sometimes get into a bad mood after I eat it) but I love it and can't help it.

Vanita - Al is a little thing too, he has no arse and the skinniest little legs. I thought there would be no way I could have a baby like that - I always imagined those chunky little chubby bum cheeks to squeeze. Maybe the next one...

Bec - how's Jonah coming along with those teeth? I have pulled Al from swimming since he's had this rash on his face, I figure the chlorine can't help things. Good luck with the househunting...we are doing it too at the moment, sort of, as we don't have much spare time, but I am hoping something will just come along like a miracle.

Kate - go Kelse with the day sleep. Al is doing well with those ones too. He is more rotten than ever at night though. Last night I was up 7 times! grrrrr. He is fine and goes straight back to sleep..then wakes after the next sleep cycle. Its really the pits. I look forward to the days he sleeps through the night and I need to wake him in the morning. Any inklings on the sex of bubs as yet?

Gemma - damn I can't go back far enough to read the last post you wrote to me, but I recall it was very sweet. Thanks for that! Love seeing your avatar back, on ya! You're sounding really on top of things, I bet the diet is helping you feel good. Oh yeah, go Amy on the toilet! Al has had a complete revolt against even being near the potty, so we have started going backwards before going forwards here. Don't think he'll be out of nappies anytime soon. I'm hoping when we visit Oz in January we can do something about it then - it will be summer and I'll be with my sisters who are experts .

Brooke - how about Maya sleeping through until 9am! What did MIL do differently?? Makes u wonder how she can be so different when she's sleeping away from home. We have Al trying to get to the computer too (just like Miss Kelsey) and he gets the big NOOO and then he smiles and keeps trying. I then pick him up usually and we do something else. He knows its naughty but wants to do it anyway. At the playground he gets a NOOO when he eats rocks,same naughty grin and then opens his mouth so I will take it out. Little buggalugs.

Hey Bel - How are you and how's Coby doing?
    HI Rachel!

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, well after some much needed emails to mods, it seems that the notifications are starting to come through to me on this thread, so you'll (hopefully) be hearing more from us again...

OOO Deb you're coming out in January, where to? Sydney? Maybe we could arrange a meet up??? If anyone is interested???

Hay, my mum is allergic to chocolate too, its the migraine thing for her, what about you? Don't worry about your swimmers, there will be others there who are just as uncomfortable about getting into swimmers as you are, I have been taking Coby to swimming for months now and he loves it, I don't really care what I look like, you're under the water anyway....

Kate - yay for Kelsey's day sleeps. How are you going hun? Getting sick of it yet? Or still enjoying it?

Vanita, new fridge sounds fantastic! Good luck with choosing one. Good on you for making all those costumes for the kids, yes YOU deserve the prize!! Tee he he!!

Brooke, how are you honey? Long time no speak!! How is little miss Maya going? I read about her very long sleep - what a champion - just wish that they would do it for you huh!! How's your job? How's Nanna going with her rehabilitation? How's Sophie? She's so cute...

I think someone must have been talking about discipline for the kids?? We have a real struggle with Coby, just getting him to listen and not chuck a massive tanty when we tell him no. A few weeks back we started "time out" in his cot, door closed. This is only used when he's throwing a tantrum for no good reason and nothing will distract him. We start off with a firm "no", then if that doesn't suffice we then take him away from whatever it is and usually this works, but if he's in a bad mood and a tantrum follows, straight into his cot for a bit of time out, he usually chucks a massive nana in there and thrashes about, so its probably the best place for him, considering he can't hurt himself in there. We've only had to do it 3 times so far and that was weeks ago. I just think consistency is the best policy with kids, then they know what the boundaries are and how far they can push you before you'll do something about their behaviour. Like you can't laugh at something they do today and then chastise them for it tomorrow because you are in public and its no longer acceptable to do it...DYKWIM??

Sorry for the rant, but we are in the midst of "training" Coby to not throw tanties so its a topic we're used to atm...

Coby is going well, still has ear infection, hopefully the claratyne will help (thanks for that Brooke - we did have some which I had been giving him since it all started last week - just hope it works). He's walking and running everywhere now, hard to believe that he never walked before, they grow up too quickly don't they, just not babies very long at all....We're off to our God Daughter's 3rd Birthday today, hope the weather holds out as its an outdoors thing...

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hayseed- Hoorah for Pup going swimming. Jonah LOVES his swimming, was the best decision we've made, I really hope Pup enjoys them. I wouldn't be caught dead in bathers right now, Ben takes Jonah for swimming, maybe one day I will go with him.

Deb- The teeth aren't too bad, one is through a bit and the other one is bulging. We often find him with a finger down each side chewing on them, it's so sad that it hurts them so much. Shame you had to pull Al out of swimming, do you use anything on the rash? I find that if Jonah's a bit rashy a few applications of baby sorbolene after his bath works wonders. Do you have anything like that over there? Good luck with finding a new place, I assume you're moving because you're going to be out of room too in about 8 months time? I hope you find one without too much stress.

Bel- Hope you have a good day today at the party, I hope the weather holds out for you too. Sorry you are still coping with tanties, I hope your solution works.

Hope everyone else is well

Deb, yeah it's a migraine thing with the chocolate....mind you, I haven't eaten it in ohhhhh.....maybe 18 years, so I don't miss it.

I get eczema and a belly ache if I eat choccy ( sometimes I lash out, but dont usually bother)
    Dions biggest nooo is he constantly pulls the plug out of the bath ( I usually get one of the big girls to sit on it LOL)

Bec, i go swimming with the littlies,i've past the stage of caring what people think ( sorta) and I want to be with my kids KWIM???

Hay, howsareya??? Yeah sometimes its harder to shift 2 kg, when you already live an active lifestyle and eat well, for me I have to lose about 50kg, ( according to ww UGH) and I dont get enough exercise, so now Im going to gym, all I have to do is give up the coke, and it should move

Deb, It is a good idea to wait until summer, but dont be toooo heart set on it, the actual average age for a boy to be TT is 3 -4 , a girl is 2 -3 it can be VERY frustrating when it doesnt work ( UGH UGH UGH Rianna is driving me nuts, she wont wear a nappy, just keeps taking it off, but she pee's everywhere )

Bel, we've already chosen the fridge, just a matter of trying to get the best deal now. Well done with the time out, sometimes they need to just learn to cope with their own emotions ( we just leave Dion on the floor and walk away)

We are not putting Dion into swimming lessons until next yr, but we take the kids all swimming probably every 2nd week, so is water aware already
    Dion weighs 9475gms ( Its hard to believe he's only just doubled his birth weight !!!!!!!)

Yeah, I know how you feel Vanita. I have about 30kg to loose. Blurghhhhh

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You're a brave woman Vanita, good on you though

Dunno about brave, Bec, more resigned to the fact...... I was 95 kg when I looked my best, I wore a 14 bottom, but still needed at least an 18- 20 top ( for the bb's) I went to gym for nearly 2 hrs a day, I was buffed - for me, but kids come along and blam , no time for me, I spend most of my waking hrs doing family stuff, I've finally decided to do something for me, also as it would benefit them, KWIM?? We went for a family bike ride today, as we do most weekends, but I am getting fitter, and they dont have to wait so long for me to catch up.... so its obviously working, i can nearly keep up for the whole ride,
    Oh a woohoo to, Rianna has done 3 wee's on the potty today, only 1 accident!!!!!!

Hay, lets kilo watch together LOL

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oooooh that's great. Good on you again. I'm looking forward to losing some weight and getting out there and looking and feeling better and fitter.

Ok, you're on Vanita!! Us ol' ducks have to look out for each other!! LOL

Bel - its likely we will do Adelaide, then drive to Smelbs and then Sydney. A bit ambitious being so preggers and with baby Al, but thats the plan. I want to do the great ocean road, never been there before and I'm sure DH will love it too.
    I would love to try a meet up with any of you girls when we're there. Will give you more details when I know them and it should be possible.

Bec- we are moving because we live in a studio apartment here. It is really designed for a single person or a cosy couple. But 3 is a crowd and 4 is out of the question. We are also on the 3rd floor, no lifts.. Most people in this city live in apartments and it is just such a different life to what we have in Australia.

Vanita - woohoo Rianna! I won't get my hopes too high on Al's TT next summer, gotta keep it real. Sounds as tho the biking is going well. Go mum! I can feel I'm stacking on some kgs already this pregnancy. I have developed cravings for peanut butter

OMG...I live just near the great ocean road. You will have to either do a slight divert or at the very least, park you butt somewhere near so I can catch up. When is your approximate timetable??? OMG, how exciting. And you would be very welcome to come and stay at the farm if you'd like on your way to Melb.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast