Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #15

Hayseed – Thanks for the info on Clomid, hope it works for you. LOL at pup saying ‘No’! We haven’t tried cloth either, disposables are working for us. Actually, I have heard that by the time you wash them, it has a similar impact to the environment than disposables. Not trying to start anything , good on you for using them. I think they would be really comfortable for babies. You certainly are observant with the thread count. I hope you are feeling better.

Brooke – Awww at Maya whispering in you ear. WTG at Maya walking, what a clever girl! I would expect Maya to be into dancing!! I wouldn’t worry about not staying at your future SIL’s place, we generally don’t stay over anywhere either and especially if the place is not baby friendly. How cute Maya playing with her friend. I will check out Maya’s website, the undies drawer sounds funny.

Kate – How is ebay going, have you listed yet? It is great that Kelse goes to sleep when you put her in the cot awake. 4 sleeps a day, I don’t know how you manage. Amy has only one sleep a day after her milk at 2pm. 5 weeks to go, wow getting close now. I think your belly looks like a girl. I have heard that boys are more round and girls sort of larger everywhere but it’s hard to explain. Amy loves Raggs but doesn’t really watch TV. She dances to the Wiggles too if they are on. Please be careful on those stairs!! Glad you are okay, and hope you are taking it easy.

Bel – A belated Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great dinner. I will check out Coby’s website. Amy has only had Huggies on. I put a sample Babylove on her once but took it off before I tested it out because I didn’t like the look of it. I think the Aldi nappies are similar to Huggies and are cheaper like the others have said. My SIL jumped out of a plane last week. How exciting that your DH is doing it, are you going to to it? I will do it one day.

Deb – I really feel for you with the pressure from the other mums. Maybe it will be good for Al to be at daycare one or two days a week and like you said, you will have your hands full with baby # 2. Hope the rash is getting better, sorry not sure what to use. Baby Bongo sounds like fun. Yes I think you should do a ticker, then we won’t have to ask how many weeks you are and you will know too. Wow at Al having his own laptop! Good luck for the house hunting. LOL at missing Baby Bongo, maybe you need to start writing lists until you pg brain settles down.

Rach – Congrats on the weight loss, well done!!! Poor Viv at father’s day. Glad no-one was hurt in the accident. Bloody 4WD’s – we own Nissan Patrol and car drivers hate us. Great news that the insurance person advised that you weren’t at fault. Hire car sounds nice too. Hope you and Viv have fun at the show. I usually compete the Royal Melb Show and won my class the last time I went. Now I have Amy, I haven’t competed since before I was pg.

Vanita – Good on you for walking and well done at the improvement in time. I’m not sure where exactly you live but it does look hilly over the other side. I hope all goes well at the paed. So what’s wrong with Scienceworks? We have joined the museums for a year and go anytime. We went last Fri when DH picked me up at lunchtime. Amy loves Scienceworks! Enjoy your holidays.

Bec – Great news about the house. How is Jonah’s walking going? Glad you are feeling better.

Heather – Congrats again on your BFP, hope you have a great pg!! Ridgebacks are big dogs and they are really good dogs.

It’s a sad time for us this week. Our oldest dog (well DH’s dog) has a large tumour and is being put down on Thursday. He is 13 and we have taken him everywhere with us and he has been a huge part of our lives. We are really going to miss him. DH is going to cremate him at his favourite place where we go camping and scatter his ashes there. It is going to be hard for DH but he want to do this. I am taking the rest of the week off to look after Amy. Kate, if you need anything just let me know as I will be trying to find things to do this week. DH will probably be gone until Sunday. I am on CD11 today so unfortunately TTC is out for us this month but we not going to be in the mood and DH said that he would always think of his dog when the baby is born if it was conceived at the same time.

Amy is great and she is now running everywhere. She is funny to watch with her big running steps. She has started to tease the cat and dogs and gets far to much pleasure out of it so that is something we will have to watch. I bought her a cat book on Sunday and she says ‘cat cat cat’ as she looks thought the pages, she really loves cats! I also bought the Mega blocks in the wheelbarrow at Target as they were 25% off. She is having lots of fun with those too.

I’m not sure how much I will be on BB because I will be a SAHM for 4-5 days on my own for the first time and I am getting behind in my study.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwww Gemma How very, very sad. You're DH is brave, I could not ever do what he's doing. My thoughts are both with you Jonah's walking is going really well, walks everywhere now and hardly ever crawls now. Definitely did the trick at your house Thanks so much for asking about it.

Oh Gemma, I'm so sorry to hear about you dog. I know both you and DH were talking with me about him when we were at your place. I know he will be sorely missed. Hugs honey to both of you. He's been a part of your life for so long, I know you will miss him.

Just quickly, I've updated Blake's website to a photobucket site. Long story, Brooke but I ended up there. Not sure if I've set it up properly but i've managed to get more photos online than I could at the other one. Still got lots to go but that's all I've got time for. Any comments on set up (and my gorgeous children) welcome. Will also put a pic of the damage to my car when I get a chance so you too, can b!tch and moan on my behalf!

Love to all.
    xx

PS thanks again to Kate for details on how to set the link up. I'd be lost without your instructions!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hey Brooke Oh BTW, I went to look at Maya's photos, love her getting into the undie drawer, classic.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hahahahahahahaha, only happy to show off Dan's undies huh?

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, I've just finished work, yep and its 10.05pm, blleerrrggghh, so tired.

Buaah haaaa haaa Brooke about Maya in the undies drawer, yeah go on, put some of those photos up - tee he he!!

Not much to report from our end, just very tired, need sleep, so hopefully I can catch up with you all tomorrow, hope you are all well....

HI girls,

Finally changed my ticker as I was losing track of where I am supposed to be up to with the pregnancy.

I am exhausted today and feeling a bit down as we are still not getting anywhere with the housing situation...it can be depressing.

Sorry to hear you have to put your beloved dog down Gemma.

And just to say love the special 'leaves' on Dan's undies Brooke

Gemma - just wanted to send my warmest wishes to you and DH and Amy. So so sorry to hear of your dear old dog. I think it is the hardest thing to put down an old friend but at least he will be at rest. I hope you guys are coping ok.

Kate -I hope your feeling a bit better lovely. The hormones are already raging in my body, i forgot how emotional you become. Last night i was crying at every show that came on the TV and DH was laughing at me!! Hope you have fun this week and that your mind is taken away from all your aches and pains.

Well im feeling the M/S already! I didnt get it till week 7 with Hendrix so i hope this isnt an indication of much bigger things to come! Is it possible that i already have a fat little tum? looks like ive had a few too many burgers or something and i cant hold it in!

Ive got to give hendy some lunch so will check in later

Hi Brooke, Bel, Deb, Vanita, Rach, Bec, Hay (i hope your feeling ok)!

Brooke - it is around 21 degrees everyday, so quite pleasant at the moment.
    Seeing as you asked...
    Al is going well. He is still on a morning bottle and evening bottle.
    He eats well which is great. He is insisting on having a spoon or fork and feeding himself, but not much gets in that way. His way of saying he doesn't want more of something is still to throw it on the floor. Often food he doesn't fancy goes directly from plate to the floor! He still loves tipping his water over and making little puddles whenever he can.
    He loves rolling things around the ground- whether its a ball, a plastic bottle, cars ...whatever he gets hold of he throws and sees how far it will go on rolling. His favourite activity is to push a toy tractor around the playground. If he can get it on the right angle, he can go round and round the playground for an hour while I am able to relax! He is enjoying looking at books and I've had to remove some of the bed time story books from reach as he has begun to destroy them unintentionally.
    He gives me hell on the stairs most of the time. He can't make up his mind if he wants to do it alone or if I should carry him. It is quite frustrating as we have 3 flights to deal with and I am usually carrying something else as well.
    Sleeping is on the whole much better than ever, he is finally learning to re-settle himself without a drama so I am getting up much less.
    Tantrums generally consist of stamping his feet, sort of like running on the spot. Its quite cute, for now.
    Heather - join the fat tummy club! Its scary how fast that can happen!Good to hear you have some early symptoms.

Deb, its sounds as if Al is growing lovely and is doing really well. Dion doesnt drink milk very often, but eats everything offered to him, and likes to eat frequently, and lots, not that you would know it by his weight LOL. I could imagine the frustration on the stairs, and I hope something comes up soon, housewise that is more suited to your growing family's needs.

Gemma, sorry to hear of your loss, and warmest wishes to DH too, it must be devastating for you all.

Heather, sorry to hear the MS is coming on early, I find with subsequent pg's you do pop out nearly straight away ( not much muscle tone left after the first LOL)

Bel, hope you caught up on some zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Brooke, what no pickies of the lacies???? just the satin ey????

Rachel, what a spunky family you have there!!!!

Kate, hope you are all well, and bubs is getting ready to make an early appearance for you.

Bec, good to hear jonahj has found his feet!!!

Hay, hope you are all well and hearty.

I have had the gastro for the last few days, what a nasty bug thats travelling around, UGH> Well Dion has his paed visit tomorrow, and his chest/ cough is REALLY bad again, so maybe we will try the ventolin again??? Dunno what to do with that one....Oh well, love to all.

Oh and Kate, and Gemma, and Bec, have a good meet up tomorrow, wish we could come, next time hey ???

Need to have a gripe so, sorry girls you get it.

As you all know Blake's a crap sleeper and I've spent far too many nights in the 'car bed' (his single bed shaped like a F1 car) than I choose to remember.

Anyway, I was talking to one of the mums at school today who has a son about 4 months older than Blake. We were talking about sleeping and I commented on how crap Blake was. She said her son was too, but for the last 3 months he's been great cause she had a day stay at a sleep school. I told her we took Viv to sleep school when she was 6 months and we did CC but I didnt' want to go down that path again cause i don't like the idea of it now. I was so desperate before I took any option but now I know more and this is a conscious decision, even though our nights are still not great, it's the choice I've made.

She went on to say that they didn't do CC with her son at this place and it was fantastic. She gave me the name, and she said they do a phone interview, and she had to wait about a month before she got in, but it was worth it.

I called as soon as we got home from school. Now for the bad news... Our phone interview is Thursday 5th October... like 3 weeks away ... there's more. There's no chance of getting in before Christmas.

I shouldn't have got my hopes up. I was so excited that there might be a light at the end of our sleeping nightmare tunnel, only for it to be snubbed out. Christmas is more than 3 months away!

F#%K it! I think the diet's just fallen in a heap. I'm so miserable. I know food wont make me feel better but I don't know what will. *sigh* *sob* What a crap way to screw someone's day up.

Thanks for listening.
    xx

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwwwwwww Rachel, big sweetie. I'm sorry that it's going to take so long to get in, maybe he might snap out of it before then, that's what happened with Jonah he just snapped out of it one day and that was it. You need to get a punching bag for days like this then you won't go and eat you can go and punch the $hit out of that instead.

Rachel, am soooo sorry to hear the candle of hope being snuffed out, its dreadful when you think there's and end in sight, and it turns out to be a looong way off, oh lovey, do you want Blake to come sleep over here, for a night, so you can get some shut eye?? we'll trade and you can have sleep all night Dion????? A school holiday special?? What the heck, you can have all my kids sleep over, and we'll keep Blakey boy for you????

You're an absolute treasure, Vanita. You too, Bec. Thanks lovely girls. You bring tears to my eyes.

You know if I thought that they did anything other than CC, I would have been there 11 months ago. I'm peed off by my MCHN who knew he wasn't a good sleeper, but never suggested anything otherwise. I've never been supported by her - think back to the mother's group issues I had.

It's not the lack of sleep, Vanita. I end up getting in the car bed with him and we sleep together like a dream. It's the fact that he can't settle himself. Perhaps I should go and suss out Pinky's books to see if there's anything about teaching them to settle themselves in them. Anyone know?

I just wish he'd settle himself and that his teething at 3.5 months didn't stuff things up as before that he slept like a dream.

(BTW, I don't think I want all your kids, V. As beautiful as they all must be!)

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I haven't read Pinky's books but I'd definitely give them a go Rachel, you've got nothing to lose but everything to gain, maybe give them a burl. I wish I had the answers for you I really hope you can get him sorted and settling on his own.

You sure Rachel, I'll make them pinky swear they'll be good.........?

I too wish i had answers, mine all slept through about 3 months coz I went back to work and Dh is a heavy sleeper, so they didnt wake him as easily as they did me, and so they learnt to resettle I think thats why they all started to sleep through when I went back to work......

Maybe I'm just too soft. I don't know. I'm just so frustrated that this sleep school is booked 3+ months solid. What are our government's doing??? You think with waiting lists like this there's need for more of these places?

I was going to come Kate, but after my crap afternoon, I'm not sure I'd be good company. I'm thinking I'll just go to Knox and have a look in the bookshops to see if they have one/them there. Thank you so much for the offer though. I really do appreciate it.

I've also learnt that Viv's in some presentation for their school principal who is retiring this week. It's from 2.30pm tomorrow afternoon. I imagine it will take me close to an hour to get there, so I'll have to make sure I leave by 1.30pm. It seems like a long way for a short time - mind you I'm busting to see you again honey. It might be the last time I see you with your belly-full. Although if you're going to Lara's I might be able to see you then. And if you're not I'll have to come and have lunch with you down your way another time.

Sheesh! I'm rambling now!
    xx

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast