Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #15

Deb, enjoy your time away, try catch up on some muchly needed bonding time, RELAX TOO!!!!!

Bel, how wonderful that Dh did something he's always wanted and that it felt great, sorry to hear you all got a bit burnt, oh well these things happen. I always say i should have sunscreen in the car, along with a change of clothes for each child, a jumper for when it gets cold, and umbrella if it rains, and a towel, to dry and clean up messes, prob is I couldnt fit all the kids in - just their things LOL

Bec, woohoo on the extra room What litrage fridge are you looking at?? Ours has been on back order for two weeks now, and am getting a bit peeved, was hoping to have it proir to the party, oh well this week ( or so they say )

Kate, the housework always beckons ( dont pay any attention - its evil LOL)

Well Rianna had a good party and was well and truly stoked with her cake - so worth it. we went looking at display homes on sat, and have found my dream home ( 4 b'rooms, and a study, but the space to turn a retreat into a 5th b'room without trouble ) Oh now to win tatts LOL. Tahlia has had the gastro today, so couldnt go out or do anything, pretty boring day for the hols. oh well, seems improved,
    Better go put the roast vegies in the oven,
    adieu

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Bel- Thank you We are sp very excited, Jonah already loves romping around in it, hehehehe.

Deb- Have a good trip, I hope you get some quality time with your DH and Al whilst visiting with your ILs.

Vanita- We got a 532 litre I think it was, our current one is 442. We got a toshiba one from The Good Guys and it has a built in ice maker. You fill a compartment inside the fridge and it get sucked up into the freezer and it makes ice and pops it into a container that's in the freezer. It's being delivered the day after we move. I can't believe that you still haven't got yours yet, that's such a poo. Poor Tahlia having gastro I hope it doesn't last too long. Hope you win tatts so you can buy that house

belmarks Guest

ooo Kate I hope it all works out for you, but remember whatever way your miracle comes into the world, they are all special!! Good luck, maybe you'll go into labour tonight?? (Im sending you the vibes....)

Deb have a good trip, see you when you get back...

Vanita, you're 100% right, you would need a trailer to carry all their stuff. I keep telling myself the same thing, change of clothes, towel, hat, sunscreen, umbrella, nappies bla bla bla, but there would be no room for Coby. Oh well, I'll just have to pack smarter.

DH is still on a high from sky diving, he's booked to go again so I guess in a few weeks he'll be back up there again.

Coby is great. He's a little clingy though, are any of your bubs going through this again? I mean he's hanging on to my leg when we go out etc...

What about sleeps and bottles, how many are your bubs having nowadays?

Hi all,

we're still having some sleep problems but they're sort of getting better too. Blake is settling to sleep much better - be it his day or night sleep. I've starting playing his favourite CD - Ben Lee's Awake is the new Sleep (hmmm is there something in that title??? ) and he just lies in his cot and listens to it. Lets me put the cot side up, grab his bottle and walk out of the room. Not a peep is heard and he falls straight to sleep. During the day he sleeps 2.5/3hrs but at night time he's waking everying 40/50 minutes. What's with that? He can't settle himself back to sleep and he sits up in his cot, crying for his dummy. In the end I get too tired, waking everying 40 minutes and I get up and put him into bed with me. Any suggestions?

DH is away in Canberra all this week, so I'm doing the single mum thing. It's not too bad I guess. I get some quality time with Viv seeing she's on holidays, and as always I've got my gorgeous boy. It just means I've got to be more organised.

Kate, sweetheart... I'm sending you lots of labour vibes. Come on little one, it's time to come out! *labour vibes, labour vibes, labour vibes* HTH

Bel, Blake only has one sleep during the day, and has done so for months. I guess it's part of the second child syndrome. He has to fit in around our/Viv's life and with her activities. He still has two bottles - both for bed, and I'm sure this is part of his settling problems. Oh well, until we get to sleepschool - whenever that will be, we'll still have problems.

Bec, Welcome to your new place, honey. I hope you're starting to settle in ok. It's great to have space, isn't it?

Vanita, I can't believe you still haven't got your fridge! Grrr! I'm sure it will come soon honey. Bummer about gastro being back again. I guess with a large family, someone's gotta have something sometime! Glad Riana had a good birthday. What sort of cake did she have? I must have missed it. OK, I just read back. Who the hell is Fifi Flowertot or whoever it was? Guess I better google! LOl

Deb, hope you have a wonderful week away. I hope it's restful.

Hi Heather, how are you coming along? Hope you're not feeling to yucky with m/s. hugs

I'm off to bed cause my boy will wake me before too long.

Take care everyone. Kate I'll email you my mobile number so you can sms me when you go into early labour!

Love to all
    xx
    Last edited by wardygirl; September 18th, 2006 at 10:11 PM.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- It's all completely true. Oh it is wonderful, maybe now I'll be able to have a playgroup meeting at my house Well our fridge is getting on and I think it's almost the only big thing that came from my mum so it will be good to have yet another thing that's ours and that we have picked. Plus we wanted one before ours finally craps out.

Bel- Forgot to say wow at your DH going skydiving. I always think that peole who do that and bungy jumping and stuff are very brave, I cannot see myself EVER doing anything like that. As for sleep and bottles, Jonah will usually have 1 longish sleep in the day sometimes 2 if I'm lucky. With his milk since he was sick he's gone off it a little he used to have 1 cup with his lunch and then just a bottle before bed but lately he's not been having the cup with lunch. He will sometimes drink a little bit and then I will try and stretch that over the rest of the day but sometimes he won't have it. He drinks a lot of water but lately so he will drink it I've had to put a little bit of apple juice into it. Our MCHN said that if we find he stops drinking the milk as often as he used to to not worry about it because he will get his calcium in other forms, ie, cheese/youghurt/butter/milk in cereal etc. But of course I would prefer him to drink his milk as I think it's important but he doesn't seem to care about that, lol.

Rachel- Thanks Darl, but we haven't moved in yet But just going there without our stuff in it is cool, just knowing that we are going to have all the extra space is fab. Awwwww I'm so glad that things are starting to get a little better with Blake's sleep. It was making me feel so sad hearing that you were so down and upset. Bugger about the waking so often in the night. Does Pinky's book suggest anything? Have you tried leaving Ben Lee going really quietly at night? Have you considered getting a baby monitor that allows you to talk to the child without having to go into the room? Maybe he would find it soothing to be able to just hear your voice? Can he put in his own dummy? Maybe he can't see it in the dark if he can, maybe a glow in the dark dummy would help?

Dion doesnt drink milk at all. but has 2 yogurts and some cheese ( milk on his cereal) and usually 2 sleeps one for 2 hrs, one for 1 hr. then 11 hrs overnight.

Kate, dont let him do it!!!!! You know intervention decreases your chances, and with the stairs and Kels, you really dont want a csec, this bubs will come when ITS ready not the DR !!!! And you know you can birth it no matter its size, STAY POSITIVE, and true to yourself!!!!!! GO KATE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done with rearranging the lounge ( are we nesting ????)
    P.S come on out little one.........

Rach, I dunno, Bec made some good suggestions. superglue it in maybe???? LOL Fifi is a cartoon on ABC ( an english cartoon) that Rianna has fallen in love with, oh and Dora too!!!! Good luck being the single mum for the week, enjoy the quiet, and the kids.

Bec, congrats on the fridge, sound perfect. Ours is a side by side with the ice maker too!!! ( i think its 710 litres, a westinghouse, soooooo want it to hurry up and come) so jealous, i want room to romp ( romper room)

We have been looking at serviceable houses on the net, not my dream house ( nearly 35 squares, and everything that opens and closes ) but 4 b'rooms with study, where I could convert the formal dining room into a 5th b'room, and about 27 squares, so more affordable. I have got to the stage I am sick of yoyoing the litllies sleeps. Rianna wakes Dion, but if she's tired nothing wakes Rianna, but she climbs into his cot, and plays when they go to bed at the same time, so we are always trying to work out who's due for a sleep when, and they fight allll the time over the toys, would love to pop them into separate rooms. just need to talk hubby into it ( though he's looking as much as me LOL)

Kate - i have to second Vanita and be part of your cheering squad "YOU CAN BIRTH THIS BABY! YOU CAN BIRTH THIS BABY!" Ill go and read you other post after this so i have a bit more info, but trust your body, its done it before!

Vanita - you have me worried now! The plan for this new bub is that it will sleep with us till its 6 months or so then go in with Hendy?? We have another room but its DH studio and i can tell you now that he is not going to part with it! LOL Can you give me any tips? Hope you get your larger house though!

Deb - hope you have a wonderful trip! When you get back you must get your scan too? Cant wait!

Brooke - hope your well! Maya sounds such an angel! We took Hendrix to EarthDance on Sunday and he went off at the Drum and Bass! I was trying to keep him down the hill a bit where it was a little quiter but he must take after his mum and dad cause he wanted to be in the thick of it! So cute dancing around and making all the people who are off their faces smile.

Bel - your DH sounds like he had a blast! Good on him! Hendy is still having 3 bottles a day. Whoops! I read that they should still be having 600ml a day so that is what he is having! He has water out of a cup but im lazy and put him down to sleep with his bottle. Bad, bad mother! He usually has one sleep a day (around 2-2.5 hours) but days such as today he will have two shorter ones as we have stuff to do in the middle of the day.

Hello everyone else

Well im having m/s and chucking (sorry tmi) every second day! Im getting a little more tired but otherwise feeling great.

Better go get organised for my mothersgroup.
    x

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita- The one that we wanted to get had a water thingy in it but it was too tall for the new space we have Spewing about that and a side by side one would have been fab but they were all too wide. Good luck with looking at houses, I hope you are able to find one and that your hubby wants to get one too.

Kate- Poo at you not being able to get a new fridge. Hopefully yours won't crap out any time soon then Labour vibes from us too.

Heather- Bugger about the m/s and chucking, but it's good that otherwise you're feeling good. Hopefully the m/s won't bother you for too long.

belmarks Guest

Heather, sorry to hear that you are chucking honey, hope it passes for you soon, just remember with every queasy feeling that you are feeling that way because you are still pregnant, so it can be a positive sign!!

Brooke/Heather - re the bottles sitch, Coby is still having 3 a day too, so don't worry, and like you said Heather, I read/heard through health nurse that they should be having around 600mls a day still so yes that is what Coby has now. I think sometimes some people are in too much of a hurry for their babies to grow up and wean them off the bottle/milk too soon. I can't see the benefit of it, (weaning that is) because Coby can take it or leave it, its not as if he's addicted to it. He only really loves the one before bed at night, the others he can take or leave, don't get me wrong, he enjoys milk, but I don't "need" it to get him to sleep.

Hi Kate, I don't know what it is about c-sec that has everyone scared and trying to avoid it, it doesn't make you less of a mother if you don't give birth vaginally, the mothering part comes after the baby is born, it isn't defined by the actual birth. I had a c-sec by emergency and Coby and I are just fine. It really irks me when people poo poo c-sec, because its just as beautiful as giving birth vaginally, and just as hard! My view is that you do what you've gotta do to get yourself a healthy baby - no one would put their baby at risk because they didnt want a c-sec...Good luck with the acupuncturist, I hope you get a positive session and a positive outcome xxoo

Coby and I are going really well. Very busy as usual, just never seem to have enough time to scratch ourselves. Anyway, better go, gotta get to bed, its midnight!!

Bel, its not that we want to demean csec's as a birth result, its just that csec's are MUCH harder to recover from, so we wish kate the best outcome I personally have done both, and believe me honey vag births are much easier to recover from, and honestly vag births in a way are not as peaceful as csec, but also not as empowering, I am sorry if we are making you feel as if we are denigrating yourself and Coby's birth experience, we all know you do what you have to when you have to . Kate has to walk up 1 flight of stairs carrying kelsey, and post csec this is not going to be possible, nor just carrying Kelsey around the house KWIM?? That is why we are all trying to encourage Kate in her aim to have the birth experience she desires, so she may have an easier post birth time.
    Give yourself a break, you are a great mum, and I personally am sorry if I have made you feel as if you "didnt do it right" just coz you had to have a csec, not my intention at all sorry honey if I upset you.

Just read your journal Kate. Sounds like the accupuncture went well.

I'm off to bed cause I'm sleeping really bad cause Blake is, and John's away so it's extra busy here.

Will write personals tomorrow - after the dentist!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Sure it counts Yay for Kelsey.

Kate - she'll be walking before you know it! It is just amazing how quickly they go from tiny staggering steps to running! Ive gotta go read about your accupuncture in your journal. Im thinking about getting some for my m/s as ive heard that it can help majorly??

Tigergirl1980 Guest

It sure is Kelse will be romping around with all the others in no time. But then you'll have to chase after her :eek: I think bubby in there needs to be evicted asap

Hi girls,

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. As some of you know I am having a bit of a battle with Amy's baptism and I am behind in study with an assignment due Mon. Hope to catch up with you all soon. Hope your bubs are well.

Hi girls!

Don't have time right now to catch up. But will do so soon as I can.

Just wanted to let you know the scan went well! YAY!!! From the first moment we could see a wriggling little bundle - 2 arms and 2 legs and 1 head. Then she showed us the little heart beat. After doing the measurements, along with blood test from last week, they determined I have 1:4995 chance of having a baby with trisomy or Downs. So it is very very good odds. We think it looked like a little girl in there, not sure though but it was so beautiful <3 <3

The baby is 6 cm long - and now my EDD is 1 April (how funny). A week earlier than expected by calculating from the date of last menstrual period.

Will jump back on soon.

belmarks Guest

wow Deb how exciting!! Its funny listening to you and Kate and soon to be Heather talking about their babies growing, I miss all that so much. I thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant, I missed it when it was all over. Hope you keep having a good time with it. How's the tiredness now? How was your trip?

Hi Gemma, good luck with organising everything, you sound like you'v got lots on the go all at once - its always the way when you're a mum I reckon!!

Kate, wow at Kelse's first steps, keep watching she'll do it again! It doesnt take them long, Coby was running withing the first week of walking, now he runs absolutley everywhere!! I haven't been back to my acupuncturist because she's been off having a baby. I go back in October so can't wait, my cycle is still so bad, still bleeding, its been about 2 months now....

Heather, hope you have some success with the acupuncturist, good luck!

Brookey, where are you honey? I miss you!!

How many teeth have all your bubs got now? Coby's only got 6, there are more coming and probably more through, but he won't let me look - he bites me.....

We've got a pretty casual weekend planned, what about you guys???

Bel, Dion has 10 teeth, 4 top and bottom in the middle and two molars on bottom ( is working on top ones)

Deb, woohoo. glad the scan went well, hope you are starting to feel better.

Gemma, we will catch up with you when you have everything in hand.

heather good luck with acupuncture and ms, i hope it helps.

Kate, WOOHOO Miss Kelsey, knew you'd do it when you were ready, and not too long after the others either!!! I hope the acupuncture works to bring this little one on earlier.

We are off to Sovereign Hill tomorrow, and staying the night there as well. so I wont be online for a few days. Dion went to the MHN on Friday, and thankfully he's put on some weight ( 110 gms in a month, and grown 2 cm in length and 1/2 cm head circ) so maybe the ventolin is soing something ( I hope) he has been sleeping soooo much lately ( trying to catch up ??) he has a 3 hr morning sleep and another hr in the arvo. He doent seem as distressed, and doesnt cough as much through the night.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast