Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #16

belmarks Guest

Wow Hay, Pup is going ahead in leaps and bounds. And yes, I still find it fascinating that people take such a shine to Coby when we are out, yesterday we were out grabbing a few odds and sods and he was trotting along (running everywhere) and there were people looking and commenting all the time. I bet they wouldnt' be saying that if he was older though... Good luck with the clomid this month, I've got everything crossed for you.

Deb, I thought it would be close to the time when you would feel the first movements. That's SOOOO exciting!! Good luck with the house hunting...

Well Coby and I have been on our own all weekend, as DH took the kids that he coaches for footy on a trip away. The kids are all about 16 so they didn't go anywhere where they could get in trouble, they are up on DH's parents farm for the weekend, they are supposed to be back today at some stage. I was hoping to go for a nice family picnic but I doubt that will happen, Im sure he'll be hungover from the grandfinal celebrations last night. There were plenty of other parents up there with them so I guess DH thought it would be ok to get on the drink, Im not very impressed by it though....

Well best go because Coby is standing here whinging at me....aaarrgghhhhh!! Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?????

Catch you later girls

Hey guys

just a quick catch up post - im reading your messages but im really suffering with the m/s this time around.

We are getting a dating scan done tomorrow so maybe check out if there are twinnies in there - LOL, i just feel so yuck that sometimes convince myself that there must be more than one!

Hayseed - all my love to you sweetness. We are here for you to vent your feelings and im so glad that you feel comfortable enough to let us know. Your time will be soon (im sure your sick of people saying that) but it really will be. Pup sounds like he is going amazingly well. How cute are his animal noises??

Kate - oh im thinking of you..... cant wait to hear the special news! You are so not a cow!! LOL you should hear some of the things that are coming out of my mouth at the moment! Boy oh boy you should see some of the shocked stares im receiving from Dh.

Brooke - i hope that you are having a lovely time away. Hope Maya's been ok in the health department for her nan.

bel, gemma, vanita, bec, deb,

Hi everyone, I still can't bold or change my mood so I hope you can find your bit okay.

Brooke – Not sure if I said Happy Birthday, it sounds like you had a great day shopping with Tulip & Lucas and dinner. Hope you are getting your packing done, it takes ages to pack up everything.

Kate – How cute is Kelsey looking at your belly. I don’t know how you are functioning during the day with Kelsey not sleeping though the night, but I suppose you do what you gotta do. I think your DH knows not to argue with you ATM and if you want something you want it. Glad you found some drawers. Maybe your mum and dad can buy the two houses and put them together? Probably not. Labour vibes to you!!!

Vanita – Great photo from Soverign Hill, thanks for sending them to me. I’m glad the ventolin is helping Dion and he has put on some weight!! The penguin parade would have been great with the family, I’m sure Dion will get more out if it next time.

Heather – I hope you are feeling better. As bad as you are feeling, it is a good thing isn’t it. I’m probably not helping much.

Bel – I hope you had a great weekend home alone with just you and Coby. How cute Coby saying Meow and Fish. Can he say fish properly? Amy says ‘Shish’ for fish and points out the fish in books. Your ticker photo is so cute.

Hayseed – I’m glad you are feeling better and I really hope the Clomid works for you this month. Go pup with the walking, what a clever boy!! Hope you had fun at the pool today and Pup’s swimming lesson went well. IKWYM about tormenting the cat. Amy is tormenting the dogs and would also torment the cat if he would stay still.

Deb – Wow 2nd tri for you already and feeling flutters already. Hope you are feeling better soon and you find a new place to live.

Hi Bec, hope you are settling in to your new house and Jonah is well.

AF arrived yesterday and I am a disappointed. We only DTD once because we were upset about our dog so I’m not surprised that I am not pg. Going to give it a good go this month and chart and bd more. If we succeed, 12 weeks exactly will be Christmas Day which would be good. We announced when I was pg with Amy on Xmas Day. Amy is great but using her toys as weapons on the dogs and me. I need to be more assertive with her as she doesn’t hit DH. It is just a game and I have trouble not smiling or laughing so it’s my fault. We are having trouble with her eating as all she want is cheese. She stands at the fridge and says ‘Cheese, cheese cheese’ but we have reduced it because she was eating too much so DH gives her carrots instead which she throws on the floor but then eats. Just a phase I suppose but she doesn’t eat meat either. Does anyone know when we could give her vitamins? She is healthy and a good weight but she is not eating enough veggies.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi Girls I am reading but it looks like we won't have internet for a little while longer I will catch up or atleast come back soon. Miss you all.

Just a quick pop in, Gemma, the twins were on a multivamen from their birth, so go to the chemist and ask, they have liquid ones, thats what we do if the kids diets arent great.

Brooke, woohoo on getting organised for the wedding, TBH I wouldnt take maya on the honeymoon. She'll be 2 1/2 then, and thats a very challenging age, and by then routine is their world, so sleeping elsewhere or going out to dinner, all would be very challenging. " A happy child has happy parents" KWIM. Your relationship is the foundation of her life. anyway thats just me, good luck with your decision.

belmarks Guest

HI girls, just quickly...

Brooke, so do you want my address for the invitation then?? Glad you have it all organised, how exciting, and TTC #2 - wow - that's a good bit of planning....Yes you did mention the claratyne to me before but we'd already been taking it previous to that. Hope you get some answers soon for Princess Maya...

Heather, hope your m/s goes away soon...

Kate - you still here honey?

Hurry back Bec.

Gemma, thanks for saying that my ticker is cute, that photo was taken on Coby's birthday. He's a treasure! Yeah its not a definite "fish" but sounds so much like it, more like "ish ish" tee he he, its so cute.

I think Coby might have a little bug, he's been vomitting a bit today, which is unusual for him now, and VERY off his food, just not interested and is also whingey and clingy. Poor little man, he seriously hasn't eaten anything today, and what he has eaten has come straight back up. Im just going to try and keep the fluids up to him, that's all I can do at this stage. poor little man....

Howdy all,

It's been a bit busy around here of late - Viv's gone off on her school camp until Friday afternoon so we've been getting stuff ready for that. We were given a list of stuff for her to take before the holidays but each day this week they added something to the list so I've been out each day getting stuff. Now it's all named, packed and she's gone. She was so excited. She's been away without us before, and of course she was at my Mum's when we went to Paris so I doubt she'll miss us too much.

Blake's been doing well, although he's sleeping's still up and down. I think he may have cut one of his eye teeth - if not it's not far away. He doesn't let me very close to his mouth really! The only reason I want to know is cause I love to put it in his baby book. Otherwise I wouldn't be so fussed!

Kate, I hope you last session with the acccupuncturist went well, and that LD2 is going to appear very soon for you. Hopefully tomorrow after you Mum's arrived. It will be great having her there so you can rest.

Bel, sorry to hear that Coby's been sick. It's awful when they've vomiting. I remember Blake's bug before we went to Paris. He had no idea what the vomiting was all about, poor little mite. I hope Coby's over his soon.

Gemma, you were talking about Amy not wanting to each much apart from cheese - I love the thought of her standing at the fridge saying "cheese, cheese, cheese". Blake's going off his weetbix at the moment. He just clamps his mouth shut and shakes his head no. I offer him things like toast or a pear for him to eat and he might nibble. I know he'll eat when he's hungry and I just make sure I have health options to hand. Hopefully Amy will cooperate soon.

Hi Hay, great to see you drop by. Sorry you're having the blues about TTC. I don't have many words of wisdom for you honey, but I do have big strong arms to give you a big hug. *hug* I hope it all sorts itself out for you soon. We're all here for your support. xx

Hi Heather and Deb. Hope you to are feeling good with your little people/aliens growing inside. I hope your big boys are letting you get enough sleep!

Brooke! Congrats on setting a date for your wedding! How exciting. It all sounds perfect so far. My 2c would also be to not take Maya on your honeymoon. She can have a 'honeymoon' of her own at your mum's or MIL's. She'll be fine, it's all about how you 'sell' it to her further down the track and closer to the time. I'm sure she'll be fine and I know you and Dan will have a wonderful time together alone!

Hi Vanita - How's the fridge?

I hope I haven't missed anyone - sorry I have.

I trust you're all well.

I'm off to enjoy my afternoon with my boy asleep and no school pick up! Woo Hoo!

Ha ha ha...the joys of wedding planning! My only advice....make sure you get lots of decent photos, because after it is all over, these are the only tangible things that you will have to remind you. Memories fade, but the photos will immediately cast you back to the day. We spent quite a lot on our photos, and I am very glad we did.

I remember sweating over the menu and wine lists....but on the day, I hardly ate or drank a thing. And to be completely honest, so long as the food is not dodgy, people won't care. I have been to NUMEROUS weddings in my life and honestly, the things like flowers, cake design, food, wine etc doesn't stick out in my mind for any of them. Only unless they were god awful (like this disgusting spumante my cousin served for the toasts at his wedding...blurghh, or the red gothic wedding dress my cousin turned up in...different to be sure!)

I've been on the phone this morning to the sleep school - do you all remember back 3.5weeks when I first called them only to be told my 'phone appointment' would be 5/10? Nothing like having to wait so long when you're stressed and sleep deprived?

Well after tears and lots of blubbering on the phone - and a big long discussion - we have managed to be booked in for a day stay session tomorrow week!! OMG, it's so close and I'm so glad.

Anyway, they said to stop giving milk to Blake as a bottle before bed. Sure he can have a bottle - they didn't lecture about "he should have given up the bottle @ 12mths" - just that it should be 20 mins before bed if I want to give it to him around that time of day, so it has time to digest a bit before he lies down. Ok, so we tried it now, he had some banana and milk about 11.20am and we had a nappy change and I put him into bed with Ben Lee CD playing - not stopping that, and they didn't tell me too either. I stroked his head a couple of times and walked out. Of course he was crying before I'd even shut the door, but I gave him a couple of seconds to get over the fact I'd left the room. I walked to the kitchen to get myself a drink of cordial - diet for my TF diet of course! - and he cried a little but he wasn't too upset. Normally I would have gone back in to comfort him and stroke him again or hold his hand but I held back to see what would happen if left to his own devices. Well he stopped, by the time I'd stood and finished the glass. He obviously accepted it and has fallen asleep.

I gotta say though, daytime sleeps have been easier since I put the music on after them telling me I wouldn't get in before Christmas. But small steps I guess. He's happy, he fell asleep without his bottle, and without me. All I gotta do now is continue and not slip back.

They did talk about comforting him, and sitting with him or patting him etc if needed and I'm sure during the night I'll need to do that. With Viv away on camp again tonight at least I can continue along the same lines without having to make sure she's fed/watered etc.

Everyone please keep your fingers crossed for me!

BTW Hay, I took Viv to the show last week and she loved watching the cows. I told her I had a friend on BB who has a dairy farm and she was so interested. She was asking lots of questions about it. So I was wondering if the offer to come and visit some time is still available? Obviously only when it suits you, but Viv (and me, and of course DH & Blake) would love to come and meet you and visit a real live working dairy farm.

BTW Gemma, I meant to ask how Amy's toilet training is going. I was thinking of you last night when Blake had his nappy off and peed on the floorboards - twice - before his bath. (thinking of you in a nice way, that is!)

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Popping in quickly, I'm kind of back, we've got dial up and OMG how $hitty is it, sorry if any of you girls have dial up, but I am seriously about to pull my own hair out, grrrrrrr, freaking telstra with no ports available, please pray that one opens up soon.

One yay though before I pop out again. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Rachel that's so fab that you got a day stay, I hope it really helps you guys.

Much love to you all *mwah*

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, just another quicky from us.

Rach great news about the sleep clinic, good luck with it.

Bec, good to see you back

Kate, keep hanging in there its not long now honey

Brookey, Hay's right about the wedding stuff, no one notices anything really, just how lovely the bride and the bridesmaids look and how good the music is to dance to (and how cold the beer is for the men - tee he he) good luck with it all though, its all good fun!! How did you go at Terry White?

Hay, how's the clomid? You BDing like crazy? Good luck, I've got everything (including my eyes) crossed for you!! xxoo

Coby is ok, slowly getting over his virus. Gotta go, Matt's waiting for puter... c u all later

belmarks Guest

ooo I forgot to say that on the advice of the PCOS website I have started taking metformin again....will keep you updated on this...

Sorry for being absent girls, but my cold turned into an evil bronchitis type thing, which has had me floored. DH's birthday today, so no rest for the wicked here.
    Al is super duper though thank goodness.
    HI to everyone. Hope you're all well.
    Woohoo for you Rachel, sounds like Blake went down well at lunch for you. Great that you get an appointment with the school sooner than you expected.

Oh Brooke...don't feel too bad. Same thing happened to me with Pup. I was changing him and I turned around to pick a pair of shoes up off the floor. He was sitting and he leant over and fell off head first. I didn't see him actually fall, but I saw him bounce! OMG I freaked, and he cried for a bit. But he was ok. Resilient little creatures our bubs are. He didn't have a bump, bruise mark...nothing. Me, well I was a bl00dy wreck.

Rach, ANYTIME you want to visit, just give us a hoi. And that goes for any of you on here (Deb, I expect to see you when you are over here driving from Adelaide to Melb via G.O.R).

Actually, I am at the moment halter breaking 3 cows in order to show them at the local show in early November. One is already halter broken from a photo shoot done of her last year (amazing she still remembers the halter), but the other two are newbies at it. And boy, is one kicking up a stink! LOL. To give you an idea of how big they are, I am 5'2" and I can just see over their backs. And they weigh about 750 - 800kg. We have to tie them up and let them sook until they get use to the halter (for about 1 hour a day) and they have to get use to eating and drinking out of buckets. And then they have to be trained to be lead around by the halter with their ears forward and head up. And when they stand still their front and back legs must be in line. It really is a whole lot of bullsh*t, but TBH, I am rather looking forward to it. DH just rolls his eyes. And they have to be shampooed, hairdried (!), sprayed, clipped and groomed. Oh, it is a production!!! This is my first time ever doing it, and I have a guy from our semen company coming to help me...cause I have NFI. LOL.

Hay, it sounds just like the cows we were watching at the show. Please let me know when your local show is on, maybe we'll come to see you there too! Viv will accept any excuse!

Brooke, ouch for Maya! Don't blame yourself honey. I'm always *guilty look on my face* turning my back to go to the cupboard etc to get stuff for Blake. Fortunately he's stayed on the change table *so far*. Good thing you had a Drs appointment so Maya could be checked over.

Bec, bummer about the dial up honey. Hopefully you can get ADSL or whatever you're getting on real soon. I couldn't imagine going back to dial up! *shudders*

Bel, good luck with the metformin. I hope it makes a difference for you.

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear you've got full blown lergies! Get better soon honey and rest as much as you can. Happy birthday to DH. Hugs for Al!

Brooke, good for you on making all your decisions on the wedding. Remember it's YOUR day - well you and Dan. It should be exactly what you want. Good luck with TF. I've now been on it for... 6 weeks and I've lost 7.3kg. I had a crappy week in the middle where I actually put on 0.9kg and I haven't stuck to it religiously but it's makign a difference for me. And it certainly is healthier than my diet was before. I hope you get to your goal weight and are happy with the program.

Kate, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you honey and sending lots and lots of LV. Come on LD2. It's time to meet Mummy, Daddy and Kelsey!

Hi Gemma, how's your little family going? How's the study?

Hi Vanita, how's your tribe?

Well we had a fairly good night until 4.45am when Blake woke and would only go back to sleep for 10 minutes. It's taken him until 6.50am to fall back asleep. Poor Boy. Poor DH too. He's work is so full on at the moment. He's got another trip away in two weeks for one week/8 days. Unfortunately the lead up to going is always messy for him. And being purely selfish, I need him to BD all next week! He's barely going to want to look at me, let alone DTD. I always feel so guilty when I tell him he has to "put out" when he''s sooooo tired. But damn, he was away last month when I 'needed' him so he's gotta come to the party this time. Can't TTC without him!

That's all my news. Viv's home tonight. I've made her and her teddy new pyjamas as a welcome home pressie. I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

Love to all. (Especially Kate's belly!)

Brooke, yep I would definately take Maya to see Dr for her first cold sore. It is causes by the herpes simplex virus, and usually once in your system, is there for life, it comes active ( you get a coldsore) and then it lays dormant again, most become active when you are run down, and low on vitamens, so Gp should hopefully look at cause, as well as cure, as I am not sure of the safe coldsore remedies for children.

Rachel, gorgeous about the pj's you are such a lovely mum, makes me ashamed......]

Hay, good luck with the showing of the cows,

gotta go, boy is screaming, will come back and catch up with everyone else in a few minutes ( I hope LOL)

Nah Monday is fine, as long as you try not touch it, and if it doesnt get yucky before then, I probably wouldnt put any coldsore treaments on it unless you spoke to the pharmacist, as they may not be too good for her to ingest.

Thinking of you Kate..............

Hope you are well and Coby is behaving himslef for you Bel,

Deb, I hope you are feeling better, and bubs #2 is jumping around making itself known,

Rachel, hopw you are having a lovely weekend.

Hay, hows the cow training going??

Gemma, how are you all, is Amy saying lots more???

DH is working overtime today, and our new couch is coming in the next few hours ( woohoo!!!!)

I had an OMG moment this morning, I was getting ready to go down to the supermarket, and the lady across the road walks up the driveway with Dion in her arms, telling me he was standing out on the road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The older girls had run out the door, not shutting it behind them, and he followed them out, but they were out the back, and didnt seem him hoot off ( I was putting my shoes on), I am going to buy her a box of chocolates, and a thankyou card, I was sooo mad with the girls , but soooooooooo relieved my baby didn't get hurt ( or worse) I dont know that I can breathe again yet. As soon as we got home I shut the gates, so no more accidents can happen, its just so scary how quickly things happen.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast