Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #17

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OMG I haven't been getting my thingys, sorry everyone.

Well still on dial up, there's a big saga in the boohoo room if you want to take a read if you haven't already.

Deb- We could do wireless but it's much more expensive than what we were paying before and you get a pretty small download limit. Another option that isn't really an option is satellite but that is so expensive it's just ridiculous. So we will just have to be stuck with dial up I guess until God knows when.

I won't go to deeply into catching up as I cannot remember what everyone has said.

Kate- OMG bloody X, I agree with Hay (I think it was) tell her to f$*% off, lol, wouldn't that go down a treat? Would love to see her face if you did it. Maybe you could point out ever so politely that your children are not parcels to be passed around, and that you are around Kelse 24/7 so you know what she does and when she does it.

Brooke- Awwwww poor Maya, I hope she gets better soon. Bugger about the job but you've got to do what's best for all of you, something else will come along when the time is right.

Rachel- Sorry about the BFN bring on the next month huh? Good luck, sending you lots of babydust.

Ummmmm I think that's all I can remember. Ooh wait.

Bel- Nope haven't done all our Chrissy shopping yet, I normally would have finished by now, but things have seemed to slow me down this year. I started today though and have 3 done and we know what we are getting a few other people, we just have to get them. We are getting Jonah a swing set though and probably a few other little things, but that will be his main present.

Ok now on to us, I haven't done a proper us post for a while it seems. Jonah is doing really well. He's getting very clever and loves reading his books. He can even point out a few things when you ask him where they are "Where's the egg, catterpillar, yellow circle, orange, apple" etc. He knows where his nose is and also his belly. He can say "oh wow, duck, cold, cat" and when you ask him how he's goin he says "Good" I paid a deposit on a single bed mattress today because believe it or not he's already getting too big for his cot. Often we go in to him crying with his legs through the bars because he can't manouvre himself after getting in that position and we are now to the point where he screams and cries when you try to put him to bed, so I think it has become really uncomforable for him to be in there, tonight i had to put him into our bed just to get him off to sleep and then transferred him to his cot. He's got another 4 teeth coming through, boy they seem to really like coming in fours, this is the second set to come in that way. Ummmm what else?? I think that might be it, we have a MCHN visit on the 30th of this month, so it's going to be interesting to see how much he has grown since his last visit which was just before his birthday.

Hope everyone is doing ok, and hopefully now I will get the thingys and not miss out.

Hi all,
    Bec, bummer about the ADSL. Jonah is a clever young man, Dion just points and ughn, and mum mum, barely anything else ( he used to say dad dad, but only grunt speak now, going backwards LOL) growing out of his cot already, wow thats fabulous!!!!

Bel, I have all my kids ( and others kids) shopping done, but not much for adults yet ( starting to get a bit panicy) Grr at the messy MIL, DH's Aunty is like that, if she b'sits the place is left grotty, and she wont set rules, so the kids go to bed too late etc - very frustrating.

Rachel, hugs and a sprinkling of babydust for you.

Hay, wow halters arent cheap hey?? I hope you enjoy the show for all this hard work. when is it?? good luck with this cycle ( I'd cross everything for you, but DH would be upset LOL)

Brooke, i hope it was just viral, and that Maya is better now, and you didnt need to do the anti's.

Deb, good that you got it sorted with DH, and it sounds as if both you and Al have come to grips with the whole child care issue ( great that Al is enjoying the older kids.)

Kate, hugs to Rylee, hope the infection goes away nice and quickly for her.

Update from the mad house -------
    Dions paed wants him to continue the ventolin for another month to get over the worst of spring, then have a month break. I have to monitor his growth in this time, and then we have to reassess again. he is a right little monkey, and is a lot happier now ( I say it could be the ventolin, as we now have him giggling - something he's never really done) he gets into all sorts of mischief, and loves the sand pit, and any wheeled toy. he loves to play on the skateboard ( he lies on his tummy, with one leg off, and uses that leg to push himself, so cute) and knows all the switches to any electrical appliance in the house, and regularly turns the radios on and off ( and the tv's which the big girls find infuriating LOL)
    Rianna is toilet trained and her attitude seems a little softer, she is starting to play with Dion more, and fight with him less ( Phew)
    The big girls have a big month ahead, they have a school concert and a ballet concert at the end of the month ( so lots of rehearsals and costumes, photo sessions etc ) then its their b'day's on 2nd dec, so we are planning the party - Rachel where does Viv skate, as they want to go Ice skating
    Other than that we have our usual, swimming, playgroup, jazz youth group, only Mondays are "free" Dh has been working opposite to me, so have barely seen each other, ( he is starting his 4 days on tomorrow, and I am off as of tomorrow morning - just as well we are not trying to concieve LOL !!!! I am well, and still trying to eat right and exercise, am getting fitter thats for sure, I made the kids come with me last few weekends on my walks, as Dh was at work. So the big girls are walking 8- 9 km with me, ( the littlies get a free ride, and I get an extra 25 kg to push LOL)
    ummm I'll shut up now,

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita- I know, I can't believe that soon he's going to be in a big boys bed, it seems too soon, iykwim? Hooray that Dion is happier, really does seem like the ventolin helped. Awwwwww yay for giggling, that must be so fabulous to hear. Hahahahaha at the skateboard, soooooooo cute. That's wonderful that Rianna, is TT now and that her attitude has changed, hooray. Sounds like all good stuff is happening in your house, well except for you never seeing DH, that sucks. Hope things stay well

Kate- It would be hilarious, but no I don't think it would go down too well, probably like a lead balloon actually. Welcome for the update, I felt like I'd left you guys out of the loop a bit. Bloody teething, it sucks doesn't it? Well hopfully not too much longer to go. Yes you're right about Jonah's teething being over and done with quicker, that's a godsend. I will definitely let you know how we go with the big bed, to be honest I'm not expecting a problem. I put him into our bed awake last night and he cried for a bit and was then quiet. I went to check on him and he was exactly how I had left him and fast asleep. So I'm assuming having his own bed with no bars will go down a treat. So I'm expecting bed time to not be traumatic like his has been lately. That's wonderful that Kelse is getting used to sharing you. I guess it just takes time. Good on you for reminding X that your children are not parcels, hopefully the message will sink in. Hooray for more beds, that will be a saving. We have a saving too because we're getting the single bed that's at my mum's she bought it for my grandma when she came to live with us after her stroke. Unfortunately her staying with us didn't last long as she got worse and mum couldn't take it any more. So it's hardly been slept in, all we need is single bed bedding and a mattress. We're getting a pretty good mattress too and it's on sale, same price as another mattress I was looking at but it's much better. So if you stop at 3 you will not have to buy any beds but even if you have 4 it's only 1 bed and you can get them pretty cheaply, and who knows before then someone might give you another bed, hehehehe.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- Free stuff is always good And I'm sure you will fit everything and everyone in It's not silly, you are wanting to work with your biological clock and everything considering you didn't meet your DH until later than you would have liked and you should have as many kids as you want and can fit into your time frame, most people have time frames I reckon.

Rachel- Yes, thinking of you today hun. Lots of big warms cuddles to you sweetie. Take care of yourself.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Wow Rylee's going well Kate Oh and please thank her for her lovely letter that we received in the mail today Go Kelse, she sure is growing. However I'm pretty sure that Jonah weighs somewhere in the 14kg region. We have an appointment at the end of this month so I will be looking forward to seeing how much he has grown.

We had Pixi photos done today and I can't wait to see how they come out they should be wonderful. He was soooo good and sooooo happy. Laughing his head of he was and squealing in delight. There's one pose that should be so adorable, he's dressed as Santa and sitting in a sleigh, too cute. We'll see in a couple of weeks how they turn out, will have to try and scan them and put them on his site, or for you girls who come to the playgroup I will have to bring them to the next meet after we've collected them.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm so excited about them, the photographer and her helper who seemed to be learning the ropes were raving about him afterwards. We get them back on the 18th of November so definitely before chrissy. Yes that santa outfit would make a great chrissy card, we're getting Fletch to do them but I promised her photos by the end of next week so she's got plenty of time, have to see about it maybe. That's a very good average day weight. And she is of course very welcome for her pressie. The photos on the letter are just gorgeous will have to go up on our photo wall I think

belmarks Guest

Cool

Bec, good luck with the photos, we recently had Pixi Photos done (which I was very reserved about) and they turned out GREAT!! Hope yours do too!!

Kate, sounds like Rylee is going great guns. Good on you for telling x to not "pass the parcel". Don't you just wish sometimes you could just be brutal and tell them where to go!!

Not much to report on us, Coby is going well, cold is all but gone, Im thinking it might have been his teeth actually. His gums up the back are quite swollen but of course he won't let me feel them. He still only has the 6 teeth at the front, so he's well and truly due for more of them. I wonder why they're taking so long to come through? Seems like he's been trying to get these ones through even before the front ones errupted.

Im on my own this weekend, until Wednesday. Matt has gone to Melbourne for a bucks weekend for the Melbourne Cup. It should be a good weekend for him. I hope he enjoys himself (Im sure he will). I just hope Coby's not too much of a handful for me these next few days....

MIL had Coby yesterday again, and I have come home to my house putrid again and Super Coby has cuts and bruises all over him. She just isn't careful with him - she lets him get into situations where he can hurt himself, in fact, she places him in them. AARRGHHHH! She took him to my BIL's yesterday "because they wanted to see him" I felt like saying "well tell them to come over here, he's a baby surely they can travel to see him" but of course I didn't. So anyway, they have a golden retriever and she's full grown but only a pup, she's like 6 or 7 months old, so as you can imagine, VERY silly. Last time we were there, she knocked him over. Not her fault, she just doesn't understand. So the stupid biatch (MIL) takes him there again and of course the dog is just all over him, then the dog knocks him over again, straight backwards and he hits his head on something and he is screaming blue murder of course. He also smacked his chin on something, because she was being rough with him, he only had 20 mins sleep in the morning, and then when he was having a big sleep in the afternoon, she sent DH's uncle (who is over from NZ) in to "have a look at him" and of course he got woken up. AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! She just doesn't put Coby's needs first and that's what frustrates me. I basically asked her to stay at home with Coby yesterday because he was sick with this cold and I wanted him to recuperate, and of course she didn't listen to me, she had to take him out, she just cannot stay at home, she has to be doing something. Usually its shopping though....

I have just never seen Coby with so many injuries in one day. I was just so hurt and upset for him when I got home....

My mum is getting better (she broke her arm and therefore couldn't have him) so hopefully she can have him again next week. I tell you, he would be better off in day care, (not that I would ever put him in day care) at least he would be supervised!

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest. Do you think Im being overly protective and silly?

Hi girls. Sorry, but I haven't read back on any posts. I just wanted to pop in and let you know that we did REALLY well at the show with the cows. Our calf came 3rd in her class and the cow got 2nd in her age class and also got 2nd for best udder. I am stoked. It was so much work, but the cow and calf looked gorgeous. I had a guy come down form Shepparton to fit the cattle out and pretty much do all the work. he led the cow and I led the calf. He used to professionally groom clws for shows, so he had them looking spanking! I wish I could put some photos on here to show you...I'll work something out for those that are interersted to have a look.

So now they are back in the paddocks and getting back into normality. It was a huge few days for us (5am starts and 1am finishes), but now it was all worth it.

And the good thing was that all this managed to take my mind off the ttc journey. I am now cd13 and the bd fest has begun again. This is 3rd cycle of clomid, so hopefully it will do the trick. I certainly haven't been focussed on it this cycle...the cows have taken up all my attention.

BBL to catch up.

Hi girls

Quick post because Al is sick with some sort of stomach bug...I hope it will sort itself out quickly. He woke up vomiting during the night and has had the runs all day and a medium temp. Poor little love. Keeping my eye on him as we don't want that temp shooting up at all. I'm guessing it could be something he picked up at day care...bound to happen isn't it?
    Congrats Hayseed with the successful show. I would love to see pictures..
    Poor you Bel MIL sounds as bad as mine. What are they thinking???Hope that Coby gives you a peaceful time while Matt is away. Al has only 6 teeth too, makes you wonder what they're doing with the rest of them.
    Bec those pics sound so cute, hope you can share them with us too.
    Wow at Kelsey's weight Kate! Sounds like she is doing so well. Must be a big adjustment for her with the new babe. Has your stomach gone down yet? Has Kelse noticed?? when Al was weighed in hospital a couple of weeks ago he was still under 10kgs...
    Hope to catch up with you all soon.

belmarks Guest

Hay, I would love to see the pics, I love cows, I think they are such beautiful creatures.... Good on you for doing so well, at least all the hard work and long hours paid off for you!! Happy BDing!

Deb, poo to Al being sick again, poor little vegie! Hope he's on the mend real soon for you.

Coby has been pretty good while DH has been away, just the usual I guess, nothing out of the ordinary. I don't know why I was worried, its not as if this is any different to when he's home, he's usually at work or football anyway, so absolutely no different!

Im going to get my braces off today, I think it was you Hay who asked me about them a while back??? Looking forward to seeing myself as I "normally" am tee he he (if I could be normal that is!):nana:

belmarks Guest

umm hello? Where is everyone??

HI Bel,

Al gave his little bug to DH and I. I did some nasty projectile vomiting yesterday (sorry if TMI) and feel like I have been hit by a truck.
    But good news is the scan we did today went well and the baby is looking to be growing well and bits are where they are supposed to be. We didn't ask the sex, but I am beginning to get the feeling we are having another boy. Which I would be happy about.

Hey Brooke
    Congrats on finding the perfect dress!
    I was wondering how Maya was doing, so glad to hear she is over the virus now.
    Theres a lot of movement in my tummy these days which is weird, but reassuring.
    Thanks for the get well hugs! We took Al to the dr today seeing it was the third day he has had fever and vomiting. But of course, in typical Al style, he bounces around the surgery looking as fit as ever. Same problem we had with him in hospital, he just refuses to look sick! So of course no-one believes him. So we came home empty handed and hopeful it will pass without a course of antis.
    Good to hear your nanna is better too.
    Hope you enjoy the meet up today.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hay- Congrats on your cows, what a fatastic effort. Good luck with your BD fest, sending you lots of baby dust.

Deb- Oh you poor thing with the stomach bug, gee when it rains it pours, I hope you're all feeling better now. Hooray for your scan, that's wonderful that all is well in there.

Bel- How does it feel to be normal again? Did you spend a lot of time looking at yourself in the mirror?

Brooke- Yep in a single bed already, it's hard to believe that he's that big, it has definitely made an improvement not being in the cot any more. Definitely fun watching them grow and do new things, it's so exciting, of course when you tell someone they can do something they will never do it, little buggers. Good luck with your Pixi Photos, I hope they turn out wonderfully. Glad to hear that Maya is better now, well except for the teething. Woooooohoooooo on getting your wedding dress, I look forward to seeing pictures of the big day I'm glad you had a good morning tea this morning.

Kate- He's not in his big boy bed just yet, it is being delivered on Friday He's going to look so small in it, lol. As I said a bit above, he's been so different with his sleeping not being in the cot, just being on the cot mattress on the floor has made a huge difference, well except when he rolls out onto the floor and wakes up.

Kate, sounds like it would be good to get your foot back in the door for a few hours a week - great your parents would help you out while you work. Make sure you work out what suits YOU best from the start. They will surely try and claw more hours out of you as time goes on - harder for them to do that than for you to try and cut back later on if you need to.
    Nature is so cruel, these poor kids suffering with their teeth! I am almost certain they are bothering Al too, on top of his other sicknesses.

Oh girls, sorry for all my whinging lately, I guess I haven't too many places to vent. And it has been a bad patch recently, which doesn't help. If I haven't said it before, I really appreciate the support I get from you lovely people.

Bel, how are those new teeth looking?? I hope you're pleased!

Brooke, glad to hear you all indulged properly at the morning tea! I hear you on the sleep issue. I love it too, having a baby has made me realise how precious it is!

How is everyone else??

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, yes I feel at least half normal again without the braces, but I have a permanent wire glued behind my teeth now and Im finding it a bit funny to get used to it. Oh well, it'll be right!!

Brooke, wow at Maya saying all those things I wish I could meet her, she sounds so cute! Thanks for the update on Nanna. I wish we all lived close by so we could all have meet ups....

Kate, that's great about the job, at least its a foot in the door like you said. That's the way that Im looking at what Im doing now, its a foot in the door if I ever want to go back more hours or whatever....I coped ok without DH around for those few days, thanks for asking. It was a nice break actually...

Bec, wow at Jonah getting a big boys bed, how will he go in that? Do you worry about him rolling off, or is he used to sleeping like that in a "normal" bed??

Deb, poo to the sickness, you poor love. Hopefully you're on the mend now. Glad you are feeling heaps of movement, so exciting when that happens. What makes you think you're having another boy? Just a feeling? Maybe we should start a betting syndicate on what you're having.....

Well DH is back from Melbourne, he's pretty tired, I think it was go go go for them while they were there. We are off to Canberra tomorrow, so he'll be even more tired tomorrow night...

I've been going to my acupuncturist again, she is such a LOVELY girl, she has just had a baby too, and she's just so peaceful and serene. I think its already making a difference. I've stopped bleeding after months and I feel a little more settled, not so cranky etc and I actually feel warmer....I know that sounds weird but Im always cold and she told me that I have to keep my feet warm in order to help my kidney chi (stomache area) in order (obviously this includes my gynae area). I know that it is all going to work brilliantly but these things take time, and Im prepared to give it a go, because I've only been for a few sessions and I've already seen results!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- I was worried about Jonah mucking around and not going to sleep but so far that hasn't happened at all. I must have missed a post of yours about Rylee having reflux. You poor things, sorry you have to endure it again. Let me know if I can do anything to help you. And hooray about getting your foot back in the work door (sorry I forgot to post about that last time). That's good that they want you to come back.

Deb- Vent away hun, that's what were all here for

Bel- We will have a bed guard on one side to stop him falling out (the other side will be against the wall) and for just in case the cot mattress will go on the floor next to the bed for a while until we know he won't fall out. The bed itself is pretty low too, so I think he'll be alright.

Hi all.
    Deb, sorry to hear that Al is not well again, I hope he gets better really quickly. good to hear your little "to be" is jumping around and growing strongly. A boy hey, Isnt it true that boys are more common over there???

Kate, poor you, and poor Rylee, did Kelsey ever see a chiro or acupuncturist for reflux?? I have heard it can help...if not the meds usually work well, good luck with a diagnosis, oh we got your letter yesterday too, its our pleasure, hope we can catch up soon, and I can meet her in person ( PS can I have a turn????) good luck with figuring out the work situation,

Brooke, I cant see any reason why that wouldnt work, its a totally indivual choice really. Mine have all stayed in cots til their 3rd b'day ( I like to keep them contained LOL) Rianna is in one of those little toddler beds ( she looooves it!!) give her a go if you feel she'd ready. the only reason I think we all go for single beds is the linen is usually cheaper, and ( especially for us) the room is needed for 2 beds.

Bel, congrats on the new teeth, sorry your MIL is a numb nuts, hope coby is recovering from all his bumps and bruises ( sounds similar to my MIL, who let her 8 mth old lab jump on the girls when they were 1 telling them she was just playing Grrr) and the mess UGH, hope you enjoy your time in canberra.

Hay woohoo on the good work the cow, calf and yourself did. pat on the back. fingers crossed that the time is right for your cycle.

Rachel, Gemma, Heather, Hi to all

Dion has been sick with a cold the last week, and teething like so many in here. He has 10 teeth already and the 2 bottom molars are popping up, so he's a lot dribbly and a bit sooky. I think he's given me the cold, as tonight at work I have started feeling yuck, and my nose is running ( should go catch it hey LOL)have got the big girls bday pressies, just need to do invites, and plan their party.

CAN ANYONE believe how fast this year has gone????? too quick.
    Ok must go answer a buzzer
    huggles to all.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast