Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #17

belmarks Guest

Hi girls.

Nothing much to report here. Coby went to swimming today and loved it as usual. He's been extra whingey this afternoon, I know there are some molars coming but I just wish they would bloody hurry up and come through, its just agonising for everyone involved.

We have another huge weekend on, work xmas party on Saturday and Saturday night, then a christening on Sunday, which I just spent the day decorating the cake for my friend today, loooonng day....

Gotta go. Chat to you all soon xxoo

Hi girls!! Nope I haven't fallen off the globe. Been busy, but much like most of you, so I haven't got anything to really complain about. Nothing exciting much happening. Been swimming this week and Pup is LOVING it. Bel, I reckon Coby and Pup are very similar (size, temperament etc..) They would get along famously.

Deb, don't be too hard on yourself honey. You're in a foreign country, have not long worked out the language, had a baby, are pg again, are facing customs that we don't normally do (ie the childcare thing), with a DH that is sometimes away for periods of time....Man. My DH is here every night and I still feel like I haven't got a handle on it all some days and am glad to have a "handover" even if it is just for 30 minutes. You're doing fine!

I have a question for those with bubs that have gone throught the biting stage. How do you handle it? Pup is REALLY biting now and TBH (and this is not a great admission...) he came up and bit me on the arm yesterday and would not let go. So while he was biting me, I bit him back on his shoulder blade through his clothes. But he still didn't let go. I bit harder and so did he!! I ended up letting go before he did and we both had battle scars fromt he experience. He had a red mark on his shoulder blade and I had a raised bruised painful lump on my arm. And then today, he came up and bit me on the back of my arm and nearly took a bit of flesh off! Cripes. I just reacted and smacked his bum (he wears cloth nappies, so the crying was from indignation, not pain), but I know this is going to do squat. What should I do???? Even DH is getting a bit sick of it (since he's started biting him as well). I am wary of him biting other kids as he bites really hard,

I have had our yard measured up for a fence. God, it's going to cost us an arm and a leg (just over $3000 :eek: ) for a pretty straighforward fence. We are getting one of those powder coated picket fences. We live right on the Princes Hwy and the little man has made a break for the yard a couple of times now. Once, I didn't even know he'd gotten outside and fortunately he ended up chasing a chook back to the henhouse rather than going to other way to the highway. DH is lamenting the cost (so am I), but as I said, I'd rather spend the money than run the risk with Pup and the highway. Anyway, it's comign up on nice weather and he is going to want to go outside more often. And now he is walking perfectly ok, he can go outside more. Plus, he is getting a climbing frame thing for Christmas.

Well, that's about it from me. Still in the TWW. Am thinking of doing Christmas cards and using the cows from the show on them (might sit Pup on the cow's back or something????). Actually this was DH's suggestion. Might look ok.!!!

Hay, you need to be firm, and every time he bites, say "no" in a firm, deep voice, if he continues after youve said no, then time out in bed or somewhere safe. ( I did bite Dion back too, but he released me straight away - not as strong willed as pup ? ) and he hasnt bitten since.
    OMG that is an expensive fence, but I agree, you gotta keep em safe. the cow photos sound very cute. my mum got Dion an elf outfit, so I need to dress him up and pose him : )

Bel, sounds busy over your way too, I think this time of the year is a very social one, with lots of "do's"

Brooke, hopefully Maya is just grumpy from the heat and the toofy pegs, and once you get an AC all will be better, hey how dare you have a social life, and not spend ages with us LOL. ( I have 2 AC's a split cycle in the lounge, and one in my b'room, and it doesnt get as hot here thats for sure, I dont know how to survive without one )

Deb, aww honey sounds like the sleeping times are going tough there ATM. does Al cry to get up, or just play happily?? Maybe you need to just leave him if he's happy, and let him hopefully resettle??

Kate, aww hugs honey, would love to give you a night sleep. How has Rylee gone with the zantac?? Is it helping? I hope you are sound asleep right now, having happy dreams.

Rachel, sounds like this time of the yr hey??? Frantic. where does Viv skate, as we are taking the girls and a few friends for tehir b'day ( two weeks from Saturday)

Well our lives are busy busy at the moment, with Ballet concerts and school concerts and b'day preparations. it will all settle down in the new yr, but not before. I only have 3 more xmas pressies to get so thats good.
    love to all, must go do some ob's.

Hey Vanita, are you a nurse? Probably should know that by now, shouldn't I? Last night was a better night with Al's sleep, so I hope that little phase is over with. Might have been tooth related. Like Coby, I think Al's molars are coming, but taking their time to pop through.

Sounds like that fence is essential for some peace of mind Hay. Least then you can let him roam free without worrying he's on the highway. The photos of Pup on the cows sound adorable! Can you photoshop him in or will you do real life shots?

How did the cakedecorating go Bel? What did you do this time?

Forgot to mention Hay, that my mum would probably also have recommended the bite back technique with Pup. I like the time out strategy Vanita suggests. I wonder why he wants to bite though? Do you think he's hungry??? Teething? Could it just be part of nature, one of those things from our historic past, afterall we are carnivorous animals.. he just needs to learn that its probably a bit anti-social to be a cannibal!
    Thanks for your kind words too, you're a Gem. Fertile blessings!!

Did I mention we are off to Turkey next week, for a week. DH will be working most of the time, as he has a conference to attend in Istanbul, but we are tagging along anyway. I've been there before many years ago, so it should be good to see it all again. Mostly looking forward to shopping, should be interesting dragging Al through the bazaar!:eek:

Bugger Work!!! This is going to be a loooong post so try not to fall asleep reading it! I like to go back to where I left off but some is quite old but I will try to keep up more.

Brooke – Sorry to hear you are not having a good time at your job and your IL’s – there is always the Platinum chat you could use if you decide to become Platinum. From what you wrote, you were never 100% about the new job so maybe it was best to turn it down. I feel for you in your job and hope you are coping okay. I am also sorry to hear poor little Maya being sick, I am glad she is feeling better. WTG on finding the perfect dress, I am really happy for you! I haven’t thought of a double bed so not sure what to say about using your futon for Maya. Good on you for having a budget and being able to stick to it. It may be hard for now but it will not be forever. When we run out of money we use credit which is the absolute wrong thing to do. Hope you get your air conditioner soon and you get some relief from the Perth heat.

Kate – Well done at getting your Xmas shopping finished, you must be so relieved to have it done. X sounds like a real PIA, you are doing well being assertive. This person obviously has problems and the only way I can think of to deal with it is to be direct stopping just short of telling where to go. How dare X ask if anyone wants a turn!! Good on you for mentioning it. The 3 beds will come in handy especially as you want more kids. That is great about working occasionally and it was nice of your old boss to offer it to you. Everything happens for a reason and you were meant to run in to your old boss! I hope Rylee can get some relief for the Reflux (if that’s what it is) and it doesn’t last too long for the poor little girl. Hope the Zantac works for her. Sleepy Vibes for Rylee. I hope you catch up on your sleep soon. I’m really happy the acupuncture went well and I hope the non-dairy helps too. LOL at the truckies comment. Happy Birthday to your dad.

Rach – I am really pleased that Blake has been sleeping well. We are the same with shoes and only use new shoes for Amy because of the ‘footprint’ you mentioned. How did Viv go at her skating comp, you probably did mention it. 6.5 shoes, wow! Blake has always been a big boy. DH is not coming on Monday, too much girlie talk. WTG on the dishwasher and what a good DH to install it (finally!). So what was the creative stuff you did on BB? I am intrigued! The storytime should be good, let us know how it goes.

Bec – What did Jonah like best at the Zoo? We went a couple of weeks ago and Amy loved the ducks in the bird enclosure, could have taken her to the lake for ducks!! Wow at Jonah in the big bed. He sounds like he is going really well. Can’t wait to see Jonah’s Pixi Photos. Happy Anniversary!

Vanita – 10 years married with 4 kids, that beats 14 years and 1 kid by a mile!! Your life is so busy with the kids things. What a cheeky boy Dion is turning all the electrical things on and off. He would be picking up so much from his sisters. WTG Rianna on the TT!! Hope you are feeling okay and Dion too. I don’t advocate biting but good on Dion for sticking up for himself. Ouch at Dion biting you, naughty boy! PMSL - I did bite him back ( gently on the arm, to try gain his attention too, coz he was still attached to me!!!!) A 9km walk, are you crazy woman? We should join you in the occasional walk if you don’t mind but buggered if I could do 9km.

Deb – Do any other mums stay at Daycare? It is funny how different cultures are in different countries. I am sure you will be glad that Al is in daycare when you are in your 3rd tri and you will be needing more rest. Your later posts seem more positive about it and Al sounds like he loves it, playing cards with a 3 year old – what a grown up boy! Snow, wow!! I am glad you and DH had sorted things out. Sorry to hear Al has a stomach bug. Vent whenever you need to, that’s what we are here for. You have been through a lot lately so we try to understand and help when we can. Enjoy Turkey!

Bel – Surely your MIL must be conscious of the mess she leaves. Amy does playgroup once a week with DH and we are considering Gymbaroo next term. Swimming will be starting soon. Over protective and silly? Of course you are not!! I was furious at your MIL when reading your post…I hope you mum can look after him next week as it is unacceptable that she lets him get hurt. Cake, chips and lollies, stupid woman (sorry it is your MIL). You must be so pleased getting your braces off, I had some years ago and it was fantastic when they came off. The acupuncture sounds great. Hope you are recovered from your busy weekend.

Hay – That’s funny about Pup taking of his socks – at least he brings them back now. Woof Woof is very cute. Congrats on your results for your cow and calf. Are you going to do the Melb Show next year? I would like to see the photos. Good luck this month, fingers crossed. Sorry I don’t have any suggestions re biting but I’m sure others will. I would get the fence if you can as it is a good investment.

Amy is great. Her speech is improving every day and her favourite things are dancing and talking on the phone. Everything is a phone and she chats away and giggles and she is sooo cute to watch. One funny thing she is doing – when the Optus add comes on TV she stands there the whole time and says ‘Yeah’ until the end when they say it.

We are really wanting to move to a large property in the country. We have to sit tight for about 5 years so I can resign from full time work and work on our business/s. Also, as we bought a new house we can’t sell it for much more ATM because it is in a new estate. I have about 10 business ideas on the go ATM with one starting in the next couple of weeks so you will see a BB Market place link on my sig soon. Still behind at school and I have 3 assignments to do before Christmas. Went to the doctors to get blood tests done and have to have them done on CD21 to check the progesterone surge. Also have to have a pelvic u/s to check for cysts. It’s been 12 months TTC but I still think (hope) it is because of timing because and I haven’t put much of an effort in BD. BD once this month and are in the TWW. Bought the CSIRO 2 book today so will start that and see if weight loss helps with TTC.

belmarks Guest

Hi Gemma, can't wait to see your BB marketplace.... Amy sounds like such a cutie, talking on the phone! Coby loves to do that too....

Hay, wow at the biting! Do you think its purely an attention thing? I really believe that Coby does things (naughty things) for attention. I know you seriously can't ignore when he's biting you, but perhaps what Vanita suggested might do the trick? A bit of time out, so he gets to know that when he bites he's going to get a negative reaction and lose the attention that he truly craves? Dunno, its a hard one honey....Good luck tho...

Deb, thanks for asking about the cake decorating. I was doing a cake for a friends little boy's christening which is this Sunday. She really loved it which is great. It wasn't as elaborate as the birthday cake I made for Coby though, but just as special....

Not much going on here today, Coby's been really out of sorts. I think his teeth are REALLY bothering him, just wish they would bloody come through! Sleeping is back to 40 min naps and he's tired all day and cranky, ahhh the joys of parenthood!! ha ha ha!

I'll give the "time out" a go. Nothing else seems to be working. I suspect that he won;t care about being put in his cot/room/etc away from me. He quite easily amuses himself....quite frustrating really.

I dunno why he does it. I don't believe that he is doing it to hurt or be vicious, maybe more of a thing to do. Of course he gets a reaction, but it is always negative, so I dunno why he persists.

He does other stuff too which pushes my buttons. We have a sideboard in the dining room and the doors are very easy to open. Over the past few months, he has managed to get everything out of this cupboard and strew it across the floor. There is just a box of wrapping paper and sting in there now and I leave it there to make a point that he shouldn't be in that cupboard (but if he does get stuck into it, it doesn't really matter....I don't let him in on that fact though). But EVERY day he goes into that cupbaord, despiute having 2 cupboards of his own to go into and play in. And if I say "no" in a very firm voice, he looks at me, gives me this cheeky grin and keeps going!!! OMG, what a little bugger! So when I get up to go over to him, he runs away laughing like it is a game. Sigh...I think I have one of "those" kids!! No mum is gunna let my son play with their kids for fear of him turning them into deliquents!!! LOL

But I love him to bits!

Yep Hay, there is no way pup could ever play with Dion - he'd be a bad influence HA HA HA HA HA ROTFLMAO............
    We just bought some new baby latches today, as I am sick of my dear son pulling EVERY DVD and video out of the cabinet and onto the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have rubber bands around every cupboard door nob, and the only cupboard I let him trash are the tupperware and saucepans. do you think he goes there Oh NO!!!!!! Rianna STILL trashes my body wash if left in my shower _ brand new yesterday almost empty today....
    PUP IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO NORMAL

LOL as I wrote that last message, Dion had found a bottle of conditioner, and empited it on himself and the kitchen floor, so I have one very slimy boy in the shower atm.....

Al has a bad habit of emptying my handbag all over the floor. Yesdterday he managed to get into a jar of lip gloss and was well on the way into eating it... He is also always hanging around if I want to use the computer, like now...and it all ends in tears...

LOL at Dion and the conditioner!!!!! I had to laugh at that one Vanita. He's such a cheeky boy!

We also have rubber bands/hair ties around all the kitchen doors. Viv has a gate at her bedroom door as I don't think it's fair that she has to shut her door all the time, particularly when she's in there - unless she wants to. Our rubbish bin is between the kitchen and the laundry - strange older house with a little hallway between the two - and I can shut this door if I want to, but generally Blake doesn't go into it. The only other thing that's 'banded' is under the bathroom sink where all the other chemicals are, and of course, the toilet door is always shut cause he's just too interested in going in there!

I have to say that generally Blake's not too bad. The worst he does is empty his tub of balls all over the floor - they used to be in a ball pit but the 'pit' got a hole in it and kept going flat; it was like a blow up pool. He went through a stage of taking DH's books of the shelves and tore one to bits. He also used to 'read' all DH's aviation mags, and take photo frames off the shelves. But for now, he's being pretty good. All he wants to do is go outside. In fact he'd much rather be out the front so we can go and visit the neighbours than do almost anything.

He's rather funny with that - side tracking slightly. We live in a court and there's only 5 houses so it's pretty safe and we know everyone. And so does Blake! He'll go towards next door, and I'll follow him. And he looks to see if the cars in the driveway, and if it is, he'll go down the driveway, up their stairs, and stand under the doorbell grunting for me to pick him up so he can ring it. If there's no car, and I say, Pam's not home, he'll keep going to the next house. He's so funny. It's a good thing that all our neighbours are so accommodating cause as soon as they open the front door, he's in like a light, exploring! Cheeky monkey!

Gorgeous. She is growing up so quickly!

Brooke, TBH I am gonna miss you, BUT I do understand totally, some days I dont have enough left of me to give, and I read everyones posts but cannot respond. I hope you manage to read and keep up with our lives whilst you get your head into the right space,. just know that we love you honey, and if you need help we are all here for you.......

Kate had a perve, how cute ( but cant wait to see her IRL on mon)

Rachel, thank god Im not he only one with a bubs into everything..... all my chemicals are up out of my reach just about so I dont have to worry about that one, its the cereal and food........ sounds like a real friendly neighbourhood, i dont know any of my neighbours ( well the lady that took Dion off the road and I wave now LOL)

Deb, we have a cordless mouse and Dion is always running off with it UGH:eek: Oh and yeah am a nurse ( and DH is a fireman, how funny hey) I work in a public hospital on a surgical ward.

Oh a little me yoohoo, My sis came to go for our walk ( have gone the last 2 nights but she's out partying tonight) so we were packing all the kids up, coz DH is on a day shift and we decided to ride, I ONLY WALKED UP ONE PART OF THE HILL !!!!! I rode my bike nearly the whole 9 km...........yeah for me...( dion liked it better too - he sits behind me, Rianna behind Dh - or sis)

glad Brooke, we dont want you to go away forever....., mighgt be getting fit but ERGH am still fat.....oh well cant have everything I guess.

HA Brooke, i wish, my stretch marks have stretch marks LOL, tha air show sounds fascinating, sorry you arent well, hopefully the med start working and your tonsilitis disappears in record time.
    Lovely that Maya loves reading with you, Dion is just getting into it, but is so much on the go its for 5 mins, max.......and knows stuff, but no words ( like it that way too LOL)
    enjoy your spag bog, better go get dinner ready myself.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwww man, slacko me.

Hi Girls

Will try to keep up from now on, I have been reading but not posting, naughty me I know.

Hi everyone!

Brooke - glad to hear your meds are helping you feel better and good on you for getting the help you needed as you did. I hope you are able to keep on posting here with us. ((hugs)) So cute to hear Maya snuggles on the couch with you. what a little darling.

Al does the tantrums too, he becomes very frustrated when things don't go as he wants them to!!!!! Esp when tired. I'm not entirely sure how to react actually. Sometimes I ignore him. Other times I copy him in a joking way and he starts laughing. What do you do?

Vanita - I bet you're looking a million dollars with that exercise program. Feeling it at least. Cycling would be so good for toning your legs and bum, so keep it up! Great that Dion enjoys sitting on the back. Great to hear you had a little gathering there today and it went well.

Kate - good to hear from you. I saw Kelsey's pictures and she is looking wonderful!

We are off on thursday for Turkey. We bought Al some new pencils and a colouring book for the plane, ever hopeful that there is an artist in there somewhere. And we also bought him a new Winnie the Pooh laptop, which wasn't too expensive. Seeing as the one we gave him to muck around with was such a huge success and he eventually succeeded in breaking it...we thought we would try again (mad!). But hopefully it will keep him satisfied for some of the flight.

If I don't catch up before then, will be in touch on return. Hugs all round!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast