Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #18

Ugh, I've been so sick. Wondering if I didn't have a touch of something other than just plain ol' m/s, but I think it is really just m/s. Could hardly eat a bite on Christmas I felt so awful. But Santa was good in our house and there are still toys that are not played with (mummy can't be bothered getting them out of the boxes and undoing all the damn wire that keeps it all in place!!). PLENTY of other stuff to play with.

After all the hot weather, Xmas was bloody cold here and although the rain was nice to have (didn't really do much for the paddocks....just washed the dust off things and gave the garden a decent water), it would have been nice to have a nice Xmas day.

We have relatives coming tomorrow for a few days. My young cousin is staying on for a couple of weeks to help around the farm. not sure what that means or what she expects, but we'll see.

We told mum, and PIL about the pg on Xmas day and of course they were rapt. We aren't telling anyone else though until after the next scan (23 Jan), or unless i am really ill and it can't be hidden!!

Hope you all had a fantastic Chrissy. New Year's plans anyone??? Not much for us. Having a little ****tail party, but obviously not much for me!!!!

ETA: Rach, we are also cloth nappy users. I haven't been around the cloth thread for a while as i haven't needed to buy in a while, although I did recently pick up a Tots Bots and another happy Heiny. What naps did you get? I have about 30 odd plus flanny flats, but am going to be looking to get some more pretty soon as Pup is growing out of a couple and we have retired 2 recently.
    Last edited by Hayseed; December 28th, 2006 at 10:47 AM.

Wow! What a marathon post, Kate! WTG!

I'm glad Kelsey loved the truck. I did get your sms, but must have got distracted and not replied - sorry. We have no plans for NYE. We are invited to a friend's place for a BBQ etc, but with all of us being sick - DH & DD have it too - we're better off at home, particularly with Blake not sleeping so great cause of his cold. If it's not one thing - teeth - it's another - snot! Oh it's a great life!

Hay, I've bought 2 x itti bitti fitteds, which I love but seem to be a touch small for Blake. I've just vented in the cloth thread that although I love the look and style of them, if they were a sposie, I'd move him up to the next size -IYKWIM. I've borrowed one of Tracey's Roclicking Rascals, which is ok size wise but not as trim, and also a BBH which I haven't really had on him with the weather i think he's only worn it once so I can't really remember how it went! I bought an itti bitti AIO too which I tried on him today and I LOVE it, but again, I think it's too small. I want to try a Happy Heini, a green kids, and maybe a fuzzi bunz to see if they fit better. Gotta see maybe who can lend me stuff to try on or try to see what's best. It's frustrating though, almost enough to send me back to sposies. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Gotta go and try and get Blake to sleep - he's talking in his cot but showing no sign of settling. It's gonna be another long night.

Take care all.

cazoraz Guest

Hello girls - wont even try to catch up with everyone, I have missed way too much and dont really have enough time anymore to come online much

just wanted to ask some questions - does anyone else's bubs have hearing loss? And have you found it effected your child's speech and balance? Cole has 12.5% hearing loss in one ear (not permanent - just due to retained fluid from all his ear infections, and he'll have to have grommits put in soon). it has been affecting his speech and balance too since its one ear so he's been slow to talk & walk.

The audiologist assures me this is normal for children with hearing loss in one ear, I was just wondering if anyone hashad any similar experience with it? Or with grommits being put in your baby's ears?

Cheers,
    Caz

Wow what a post Kate. I was wondering whether there was news from the blood tests for Rylee. Will be interesting to see if anything comes up tomorrow. DH and I saw the latest James Bond film recently, and enjoyed it, so I would recommend that if you're interested in action on your 'NYE'.

Hi Caz, don't know much about grommits, although my sisters son has had them in and replaced a few times, he is now 5. But they also said this was the reason his speech was not very clear, my sister was sending him to a speech pathologist to help him with that around this time last year. Mind you, Al has good hearing and he's not yet talking. I think most of the boys in here still have only a few words.

Rach - have to laugh at the lingo you use with regard to cloth nappies! Its another world!!! Sorry you've been sick over there as well...get well soon!

Poo to the morning sickness Hay. Hope your cousin is resourceful and ends up being a useful extra set of hands on the farm.

Thanks for the get well wishes Bec.

I am totally deaf in one ear still, but at least its no longer painful.

Al is heaps better. We have cut out the morning bottle now, and he hasn't missed it at all. I have noticed he is becoming more addicted to his dummy and teddy in the past month. We are just not making a big deal of it right now, cos he is so happy with them. He has 9 teeth now, so we have seen 5 new ones come up in this month too...may have something to do with the dummy fixation.
    Hugs all round to the clever and beautiful littlies.

Phew Kate, i had a big post yesterday, and it dissapeared UGH!!! I hope you get some results from the BT soon. good to hear that is helping out having M & D around. how cute kelsey sleeping on poppy. good that you are getting smiles at least, thats one thing I missed about Dions infanthood, no smiles or laughs :frown:

Rachel, that all sounds too complicated to me, I think I will definately stick to my sposies ( and Im too lazy as well LOL)

Caz, DD (#3) had a lot of hearing issues, and constant ear infections, that we were to have grommits for, but I waited until she was two and all the issues cleared up, and she speaks fine, Dion still only grunts and squeals, but definately nothing wrong with his hearing. good luck though.

Deb, I hope you are all feeling better, bumma on the deaf ear, maybe its a good thing??? I think I would like to be partially deaf some days LOL Dion is attached to his Dora doll, a blanket, and dummy ( we call it the silencer )

Hay, sorry to hear the MS is particularly bad, hopefully in the next few weeks it clears up.

Brooke, no your not having a blonde moment, I'm a senile old so and so. Her daughter is 3, so her older ones are both 3 mths older than my little ones. DOH

Bec, good to see you honey, hope you had a fab xmas.

Lisa, *hugs* hope you get your BFP soon.

Hiya Gemma.

Well its obviously something in common, Dion and I were both sick over chrissy, eve was worse than xmas day, but still couldnt eat( oh well that will help the diet LOL) so as usual all the family - inlaw BS but all in all not dreadful. I got an ipod nano, and mate it is helping me excercise, with the music to go to my walks are faster, and it seems the gym sessions just fly!!! I am off to cook some casseroles, and spag bog etc for my gf, she is home from hospital, and with 4 littlies I figure she could do with a hand. Love to you all,

Deb, LOL @ my nappy lingo. Yeah, it's kinda another world. It took me a while to understand it all, and there is still so much that I don't know and brands I've never heard of, but at least now I've got a good idea about it all, even if I'm having trouble finding nappies for my chubby bubby. I guess I didnt' hold back on it all either cause Pup is in cloth so Hay would know exactly what I'm on about.

Oops, Blake's in to something he shouldn't. Will continue later

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hey All

Kate- Wow at your mammoth post, I'm pretty sure I do not remember it all, pmsl. I'm sure Kelse will get used to her bed eventually, when she runs out of room in her cot maybe? Our New Years will be pretty boring speaking of NYE. We're just going to stay in and watch DVDs I think, we're not big partiers anyway so that will suit us fine. Yes I was very upet about them taking Jonah's blood was one of the worst experiences, I'm so glad that he will not remember it. I hope you get Rylee's BT results today. Kelse sleeping on your dad sounds so cute, Jonah often falls asleep on my stepdad and we make him sit still until he has slept, lol.

Rachel- I hope the sickness leaves your place soon, I guess once everyone has had it though then you're sure of it to leave.

Vanita- Thank matey, we did have a good chrissy, seems I was one of the very few un sick ones, lol. You poor buggers Lots of people not eating Chrissy lunch this year it would seem. Hooray for your ipod, wonderful that it's helping out with your exercising Awwwww good on you for cooking some meals for your friend, what a gem you are, and I'm sure she will really appreciate them. Goodness me 4 littlies sure is a huge handful.

Hi to everyone else, and lots of babydust to all that are trying.

Oh DH is working a Night shift on NYE, so just me and my munchkins!!! Not that we would do much anyways no babysitters KWIM??

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- Wow at your pop, that's awesome We will probably watch the fireworks on t.v and I'm sure someone in our area will let them off, we live right across the road from a vacant piece of land and people were letting some off a few weeks ago, so I'm sure they will go again for new years. Awwwww poor Kelse, I wonder why that is happening? We've had a few small problems with Jonah not wanting to go to sleep early, he's staying up a little later than usual which puts him in a crank and then he cracks it when we try to put him to bed. But I have no idea why it's happening, buggerishness probably, lol. Well in Jonah's case it is, pmsl.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- Oh wow, how wonderful you pop is. You should be proud of him, sounds like he's pretty amazing

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Well he seems pretty amazing with just that story, I'm sure you have plenty more, but that doesn't make you biased if I can get that from one story. Yes, I remember his name was George and that if you have a boy his middle name will be Jorge Love how you've changed the spelling to make it a bit more modern.

Wow at your Pop, Kate. How special!

Caz, we have no experience with hearing loss either. Blake's a pointer and grunter too. Doesn't say much, but clearly can hear as he can understand instructions and can pick his Dad's motorbike coming home each night and runs to the front door to meet him.

Kate, Blake's sleeping is all over the place but it's cause he's snotty. He cut his tooth #16 about 2 weeks ago (I think I mentioned previously) so that stuffed up his sleeping as always. Then it was the heat, now the snot. Last night I slept from 1am-5am then 5.20am-6.05am then 6.15am-8.30am. And yes, I still have to do everything. DH spent yesterday on the couch. Did I get to sleep on the couch all day and not work or look after the kids? Not at all!

Oh well. I'm off to look at more nappies (sorry it's becomming an obsession!)

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- So lovely that you plan to name your boy after them

Phew you lot are amazing,
    Kate what a nong head at the pathology............. DER..........
    what a fabo thing to be able to pass on to your children what their great pop did for the future.

Rach, always the way huh mums are invinceable. xmas day I still packed and unpacked the car etc . Oh well.

Brooke, tis the season for it, my IL's are all a *****in now over one thing or another LOL

Bec, can be good having fireworks so close ,or bad huh???

Dion is settling ok, unless he is coughing, in which case he gets the pump, and then goes down ok. My gf looks well, and the babes are soooo cute ( cluck cluck LOL)my big girls didnt want to leave them along ( who takes after mummy ) The food was appreciated, and I am going to do another load in a few weeks, as well as burning some Dora dvd's for feeding time. I did a spag bog, a beef casserole, a sausage casserole, and some home made sausage rolls. I think next time I will do a tuna mornay, apricot chicken, and a lasagne.
    anyway off to nigh nighs.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate- OMG, grrrrrrrrrrrr at them for screwing up. I hope you get correct results this time

Brooke- Hi there Jonah chats away to himself all the time too and to us aswell, it's cute huh? I hope you're enjoying the time with your mum and her partner. Poo about the fight between Dan and his dad and stepmum I hope it's sorted now. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too if I don't see you again before.

Vanita- I guess the fireworks are good and bad. Good because we get to see them in person without actually having to go anywhere. Bad because it will scare the crap out of all the dogs and cats (including our 2 cats) and possibly wake Jonah (IF) he's in bed by then, lol. What a champ you are with all your cooking, good on you for being such a great friend.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh few, that's such good news. Well hopefully they can help the poor little mite though, but it's wonderful that there's nothing seriously wrong

Thats good Kate.

Oh my some days are mentally exhausting arent they?? Dion has been in particularly bad spirits for the last week. he's barely eating, and crying / screaming all the time. I know its just his chest coupled with his temperament, but it just seems awfully wearing. I am looking forward to his bedtime tonight

Brooke oooh lucky you, DH has just learnt how to cook spag bog, and has made it a few times for me. usually its take away if I dont feel like cooking. I dont cook anything exciting - family food.

Bec, I have been thinking of getting all the kids up and driving to DH's work to see in the new yr as a suprise, but i dont know if I can be bothered, will see how I feel tomorrow night I guess.

Aww that sounds like a great thing to do for the kids tomorrow Vanita. I'm sure the big girls particularly will love it. Bummer about Dion being so cranky, is he teething too? How's he going back on ventolin? Obviously not going well enough huh? When are you back at the paed next?

Great news Kate about Rylee's blood work. Not bad for a 10yo boy! Sheesh! How frustrating that would have been. Fingers crossed she has a good night for you and now she's getting a bit older she 'grows' out of her problems. *hugs*

Hugs to everyone.

Baby dust to those who need it.
    xx

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast