Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #18

Thanks Rach. He goes well on the ventolin, but we dont give it everyday coz its effectiveness wears off, so gotta listen to his chest before making a decision. I do think he's getting his eye teeth, but I hate to say that really he's quite an angry unhappy child a lot of the time, and as a mother I cant seem to change that.
    DH and I were saying the other day that he is *sad* 50% of the time, asleep 40 % and happy 10%, am hpoping it will change. He used to be soothed by BF but once he gave that up, it seems impossible to find his happy button, KWIM?? Love him dearly and wish I could make life better for him , feel so useless some days ( most days LOL)

house quiet and I just finished packing up the christmas tree and dec's. DH is taking the girls to see happy feet tomorrow, and we are off to stay down the beach for 4 days on Monday, so hoping for an enjoyable break.

Hi all,

Dh is still sick with the flu, and Al has a temp AGAIN. I know, I know, its like there's something every week! But we are hoping the new year brings some good health to our household.

Kate - Good to hear Rylee's results came up with nothing afterall. Hoping that the reflux eases up on her soon, little love. Hope you're enjoying your night off!

Vanita - some days are definately 'challenging'! I have to agree the deafness I have has been quite a blessing at times, its like someone turned the volume down finally! Dion may not like the warm weather. Sounds like your place turns into Packenham Pools some days - had to laugh at 3+ baths a day.

Hi Rach, Bec, Brooke, Hay, Lisa, Gemma, Bel, Heather and any of you others out there (feel like the lady on Romper Room). Wishing you all a wonderful new year!

Deb, aww poor Al, and poor you. I bet you stress everytime he runs a temp on the lookout for convulsions. I imagine it would be really scary. None of mine ever had them. I feel for you. Hows bubs inside ?? Dions actually gone off baths, and is now into showers LOL

Hugs Vanita. You do an awesome job as mother, wife, nurse, woman, everything. I can only imagine how it is with Dion. If its any consolation, I feel the same way with Blake and his sleeping. He did great for about a month after sleep school but then his teeth bothered him again, and then the heat, and his cold and well, I even slept in the car bed with him the other night for a while - something I'd said I'd never do again. No matter what I seem to do, Blake just doesn't manage to get himself to sleep and stay asleep. I digress but I wanted you to know that it's not your fault. I'm sure it's the old cliched 'stage' his going through. Doesn't make it any better, nor any easier for you and Chris. You just want you kid to be happy and healthy - we all know what its like and we all just want the best for them. Oh I don't know if I'm saying this right, but I want you to know that I hear you, empathise with you and wish there was something I could do. Thinking of you babe.

Deb, sorry to hear about your germy ones again. We're still struggling on too. Hopefully Al's temp will settle and you won't see any convulsions. Thinking of you too.
    xx

I do stress about the fever convulsions.They say to keep him cool when he has a fever, but I worry about him getting a chill, so I stress a bit trying to get it right. I hope those convulsions were just a one off thing and we won't see them again. Still stressing tho. :-)
    Bubs inside seems to be kicking along. Can't believe there will be another little bundle coming soon!
    Dion's been one to like the shower from an early age, hasn't he? Al is chicken of it still. I can't even wash his hair without it turning into a screaming scene from Psycho or something! I'm embarrased to say he still has cradle cap on his head because he won't let me near him to get it off. I was waiting until I visited my fam in Australia to help me tackle it, looks like I'll be doing it by myself one of these days....oh its not so bad, you can't really see it unless you're looking hehe....

Oh Rachel, we have sleeping dramas here too...we really don't ever get a full night's rest here for one reason or another...lets hope the 'phase' passes soon. I reckon these boys are ready to talk soon, it probably upsets them they can't say what they want.

Deb, I know he gets so frustrated that he can't tell us what he wants. He points and grunts and points and grunts. And we offer him different things we think he wants. It's tough. He also lashes out at Vivienne at times cause she gets in his face, or gets in his way, or plays with his things when he doesn't want her to. And the only way to let her know he's not happy is to whack her! She doesn't like it and carries on, but it gets the result he wants. Oh it's a fun game we play.

Deb, I can't believe you're 26w6d already. Where did the time go? As for the shower, I remember when I shared a place with my g/f who has a son who's now 12. He hated teh shower and would only have a bath. It was so annoying at times that I made a promise to myself to take my babies into the shower at an early age so they love it. I'm so glad they did. Just do it slowly. Blake still hates me washing his hair, but accepts it.

Thanks Rach. I try not to doubt myself too much, coz I do know its not my fault, but its that damn Mother guilt, no matter what the occasion it rears its ugly head LOL Dion beats up all the girls too!!!

Deb, Rianna used to have bad cradle cap, i used to put a dvd on, and sit her on my lap, with the egocap or baby oil, and pick it off, works the best. using a brush or comb, and gently lifting it. Rianna and Dion dont enjoy having their hair washed, but oh well, gotta live with it. :eek:

Yep, we're home tonight too. Wouldn't risk Blake being out and sleeping elsewhere. That and all our germs means a quiet night in. I'm thinking I"m about to head off to bed cause I need as much sleep as I can get whilst Blake's still asleep.

Happy New Year everyone!

I feel like going to bed, but DH and the kids all looking forward to seeing in the new yr together ( DH has worked the last 3) I dont think we've been home since 1999 / 2000 together,one of us is always at work. :frown:
    so must go get them up, and dressing gowned, and in the car.

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR TO ALL.

AL THE BEST FOR A WONDERFUL AND PROSPEROUS 2007

Tigergirl1980 Guest

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Vanita- I assume you took the kids to see Chris? What a lovely thing to do, I bet everyone was chuffed We were going to take Jonah to see happy feet, but he's been in moods because he's been going to bed late. Seems like most of the kids in here (well the boys anyway) are having a bad pattern atm. I hope you enjoy your 4 days away together.

Deb- Oh dear, you can't catch a break can you? Thank goodness bubs is ok in there though I hope 2007 gives you all good health and a new house
    I hope Al is feeling better today.

Hi to everyone else, I hope you are all well.

Time for a new thread everyone.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456