Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #19

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi all

I won't go back because then I will forget what's on this page so I will try and remember what was said.

Gemma- Jonah is going really well in his bed, no issues at all and he has never fallen out (we do have a bed guard but I thought it might be possible, but it's pretty long so he has never). We're just having a couple of little sleep issues again with him not wanting to go to bed early and he's been waking up again and needing to come to our bed, I'm wondering if he's having a growth spurt, although he's being picky with his food and not wanting to eat too much so that's another battle we're having right now also.

Kate- Looks like you're doing everything right with Rylee hun, bugger it's just one of those things though Poor little mite. Hopefully the day session will help with learning to manage it.

Deb- I hope you enjoyed your time whilst Al was at day care Really hope you get the house you found, everything is crossed.

Vanita- Hey my lovely, how are you going? How wonderful that all the fireys liked having the kids around

How is everyone else going? We're going well, Jonah had his 18 month needle today, he cried until the nurse gave him a jelly bean and then he was fine, lol, mustn't have hurt that much. I saw the doctor too even though I have been terrified too and I'm only telling you girls because you're my pals, but I've been having some probs and have to have a colonoscopy, which is terrifying too. I've had the problem for quite a while on and off so it's probably nothing major but just thought I would tell you girls so you know what's going on with me and because you're my buds. It has been so hard for me to admit and talk about this, I hadn't even told Ben until I forced myself to the other day because I was so sick of being scared. Anyway I am rambling, but please hope and pray that nothing is found I don't have it until the 23rd Feb so a bit of time to wait.

Sorry I rambled there.

Hi to everyone else, I hope that you're all well.

Quickly...

Hugs Bec. Thank you for opening up to us about your medical problems. Colonoscopy's aren't fun... actually the preparation before hand is not fun... the procedure is 'nothing'. I hope they sort out whatever they are looking for. Let us know if we can do anything to help care for Jonah on the day, or the day before when you have to do the prep.

Kate, so glad that everything seems ok with Ry. You and DH are doing a wonderful job with her. I'm so pleased that RCH have you down for some skills to manage her chronic conditions. She will grow out of it, but it does take time. Until then let us know when we can help. Will your M&D have Kelsey when you go in? If not, I'll come down to look after her.

Deb, fingers crossed that this is THE place for you honey.
    xx

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks Rach. Tam is going to watch him for me on the day, oh I didn't know about the day before I know I have to drink some yucky stuff and that will clear me out but I thought that wouldn't be a problem with him. Ben will be home but in bed if I need him, and he doesn't leave home until 9:30 and then I will be in bed. I can tell you I am not looking forward to it at all but hopefully they can say that nothing is wrong or that it's just a small problem that's easy fixed.

Let me put it a nice way Bec, it's like drinking Draino. They need to clear out your system so they can go the places they need to go. (sorry trying to be as delicate as possible, but really there's not much I can say to soften the experience of Draino!) I had to have both a colonoscopy and and endoscopy - up the bum and down the throat - and I felt no discomfort from the procedure - I had a G/A and woke up wondering if they'd even done it! The day before was Viv's first day at kinder so my mum took her cause I needed to be near the toilet! It's not pleasant, but I'm sure it will be better than not having it fixed.

Bec: sorry to hear you're having some health probs, but I'm glad you felt you could share with us. Big hugs and look after yourself in the meantime. I was wondering if Jonah hops out of bed and comes to you during the night? I'm certain Al will be difficult to keep in bed when it comes to that time, he is such a cuddler and loves it when he is allowed to come into our bed. Its such a pain when they get picky with food, Al goes through those phases too. One week spag is great the next he sticks his nose up, so its hard to predict. We have always had success with meatballs and fishcakes, so I tend to resort back to these when I worry he's not eating properly.

Hi Rach!

Kate - fantastic to hear that you have an official diagnosis for Rylee. Have you bought yourself some ear plugs yet? I really did need them with Al at times, his scream was/is so high pitched it can be deafening, and somehow it would rip right into my heart everytime. I really feel for you Kate. Good that some help is on the way. How is Kelsey's sleeping these days? I am still up and down with Al.

Vanita - happy to hear you had a well-earned beach break and you're all back safe and sound.

Thanks for the prayers girls. We are in the process of trying to get credit approval, a paperwork nightmare.

Just wanted to add, Rachel, love the photo of Blake in your ticker! Gorgeous.

(off to go and work out how to do one of Al)

Thanks Deb. Snugglepie tickers were down so I decided to change to a lilypie one. And I thought it was time to put a pic of the boy back on it.

Bec – Try to worry, I know that is easier said than done. If the doctor thought something was really wrong, you would be booked in earlier than 23 Feb. My friend had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago because she had some bleeding. It turned out to be ulcers and she is taking medication for it. We went to visit them and she was drinking the stuff. I will have to be checked one day too and I have been putting it off. My dad had bowel cancer a couple of years ago and he is fine now. He got it because he was never checked and the polups grew into cancer. You are young and although scary it is good you are getting checked…not that I think you have a risk of cancer. Sorry if I have made things worse. LOL at Jonah being better when he got a jelly bean. Amy has been waking up a few times at night lately too as she is cutting more teeth, maybe that is what’s bothering him? Or it could be a growth spurt like you said. I’m glad Jonah is enjoying his big bed.

Rach - You have some great advice on the procedure and you are so sweet offering to look after Jonah (and Amy when we are BD!). The pic of Blake is beautiful.

Kate – At least you finally have some answers. I can imagine how hard it would be to get samples from a baby, Ry did very well, and so did you. How did you find the RCH? Did you have to wait long for an appointment? The day session sounds really beneficial, you will have to let us know how you go.

Vanita – Sounds like your beach holiday was fun, how long were you away? The kids would have enjoyed running around the station, did you take any pics of Dion? I would imagine you could get some great photos.

Deb – I am really pleased for you that daycare is working well now. Hope the paperwork gets done smoothly.

Hi Brooke, hope the gorgeous Maya is well. How cute of her to bring you in a present!

Hi Hay, hope you are feeling better and you are not working too hard with those cows. Are you doing any more shows?

Have a great day, another hot one in Melb today.

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, sorry I've been MIA again, just with xmas and new year, its been so bloody busy, sorry...

Kate, glad you got some final diagnosis on Rylee, at least you know now what you are dealing with and how (hopefully) to deal with it. How's little Kelse going?

Vanita, how are you honey? How is work and the kids?

Bec, sorry to hear you have to go in for a procedure, but hopefully its conclusive and you get a good result - fingers crossed xxoo

Brooke, where are you honey? Im sorry I haven't been around to chat to you, just sooo busy. How is Maya? How are the wedding plans going? Hows the new house going too? What else has been happening?

Deb, hopefully the sickie gets better soon and you can return to a normal life. How are you feeling with your bump? What news have I missed out on??

Hay, how are ya honey? How's your bump going? How are you dealing with the heat?

Rach, love the ticker pic, its gorgy.

Gemma, was it you who said you are on BD fest? good luck sweetie, hopefully we will be conceiving soon too, one can only hope!!

Oh Deb, I'm not much of a pray-er, but I'll put one in for you re the house. I reckon those things only work if someone else is asking for you. So maybe someone out there can pray for us to conceive...

Well things are great here. Coby is growing everyday. He's not saying much, but "chatting" heaps in his own little way. He can jump now and understands EVERYTHING that we are saying to him, he got absolutely spoilt rotten for xmas (as all your treasures probably did too) hmm what else? Umm swimming is going well not that we are at classes but in our pool at home he's going great guns. Oh and he's climbing on everything at the mo too - yay!

My acupuncture was going well but we're taking a break over xmas new year. I haven't had a period (no Im not pg - I tested) but hopefully ovulation will be around the corner soon....

Anyway, sorry if I missed anyone, hope you are all really well xxoo

belmarks Guest

Geez, you've had a rough trot lately, I hope Kelse is on the mend soon for you Kate, thats awful that she was so sick, poor little mite.... xxoo

Oh no Kate, poor Kelse. It sounds awful and so scary. Couldn’t they put her on a drip to rehydrate her if that what was wrong? Or maybe they don’t do that for babies/toddlers. Try to rest up, maybe your mum can come over for a few so you can catch up. You must be totally exhausted. Do let us know how she is today when you get a chance.

Hi Bel, good to hear from you. BTW cute photo of Coby in your ticker!

Oh Kate honey. I'm so sorry to hear about Kelse. When Blake had gastro midyear, and we ended up at the hospital they said to syringe 5mls of gastrolyte or paedelyte into the mouth every 5 minutes whilst awake. Sure it's a slow process but it seemed to help Blake.

Kate, I hope Kelsey gets better now she's had the maxalon. I agree with Rach, 5 mls every 5 mins via syringe. clear fluids for 24 hrs I hope she manages to sleep most of it off.

Bel, good to hear from you, sounds like Coby is growing up wonderfully. your own pool, cool, so jealous.

Rach, howdy pardner.

Bec, sorry to hear you have to have this procedure, Ive never had one, but just like Rach said, I have heard the prep is worse than the procedure.

Gemma, I didnt have the camera at the station ( DOH) but the boss took some piccy's with the station camera ( not fabulous - but oh well) lots of nice ones from the beach.

fingers crossed ( not legs LOL) for all you BD'ers out there

Just to jump on quickly and say I'm thinking of you Kate and Kelsey. I hope things improve for you over the weekend. Big hugs and you're in my thoughts.

ps lol @ Vanita's comment to the BD'ers

Firstly....cripes you girls can talk.

Secondly...blimey Kate, you're having a rough trot. And poor Kelse. I haven't had gastro for years (touch wood) but when I had that migraine a couple of weeks back, I couldn't stop throwing up and it wasn't fun. Know how she feels on that score. There's just nothing worse than seeing your kids really sick or hurt.

As for me, nothing much going on. Took Pup to the MCHN yesterday for his 18 month assessment and monthly weigh in. he is now 10.7kg and didn't grow a mm all month (still 81cm). Head grew 0.5cm so I guess something is getting bigger in his body!! LOL. His assessment was good and all within age range. The nurse had a book and was asking him where the fox was and the rabbit and something else. Problem was, all of the books he has at home atm are farm ones, so he had no idea what a fox or rabbit was! She should have used one with cows and dogs and ducks! He also didn't know how to point to various body parts (like eyes), but then we haven't been doing anything like that with him at all. Since yesterday, DH has been telling him where his eyes are and tonight he points to his eyes (or pokes ours!). So he's ok on that score. Actually another activity she had him do was stacking blocks. Phew, lucky he got some lego for Xmas as he practiced just this week with it and was able to stack the blocks. But if he didn't get the lego, he'd have no idea on that either! I must stimulate him more me thinks!!!!!!!

I still feel nauseous but it is hard to tell if it is exacerbated by the heat or not. Had a bad headache yesterday which I ended up taking panadiene forte for and sleeping as much as possible in order to stop migraine. I have to get Pup's chicken pox vaccine in a coupe of weeks so I must remember to ask dr for some more PF as the other drugs I have can't be taken during pg (tramal, imigran, largactyl...pity, some are reasonably good too).

Gemma, yep we will still be showing cows, but only locally for the next few years until we get the hang of it. And they are generally at the end of the year here. Actually starting to think about which cows we will start to train already, and we will halter break about 10 - 15 calves this year with the hope of a couple coming up to scratch.

Bec, of all the people I know that have colonoscopies, the vast vast majority of them had absolutely nothing or very minor things wrong. And the only one I know that had something bad was an elderly woman. I know you are scared, and that is natural and normal. But we're all here to listen to your fears. As Rach (?) said, if it was drastic, you'd be in before the 24th Feb.

Oh cripes, how hot is it???!!!! Although it is supposed to cool down tomorrow and then be only 19 on Sunday. Grrr, these changes in the weather gives me the irits.

Oh Kate, I'm so sorry to hear that Kelse's still puking. It's hard going. And yes, you're right. Blake went backwards with his walking and started crawling again. I'd forgotten that. He had no energy. Kelse will recover - and there end will be insight, but it's a tough time while it's going on. Keep up the syringing. It's slow but effective. It will help. Glad you got some sleep today too. Scary indeed halucinating! Take care all round.

Blake had his shot yesterday, Hay. Not sure it that's why he had a bad night, or the heat or just because lately he chooses to wake for an hour or two in the middle of the night (Nice!) I don't think it's really upset him. We've got our 18mth MCHN check on Monday. Thanks for the heads up on what to expect. Viv's was far too long ago to remember. Blake's up on all that sort of stuff, although probably wouldn't know a fox either! Hope the nausea goes soon.

Deb, any news on the house?

Kate, glad to hear the syringing is helping a little, hope she has a good sleep, and wakes up in the morning with no puking.

Rach, I had forgotten the 18 mth check up, and its only been 18 mths. good luck on the check.

Hay, good to hear Pup can do the blocks. foxes, and rabbits?? Dogs and cats would be more known to kids methinks. Dion can only point to nose ( but he sticks his finger up his or my nose, not points to it LOL) being trying with eyes. good that you are going to continue to show the cows, sounds like a worthwhile endeavour.

well I had forgotten the 18 mth check, and immunisations too ( naughty mummy) we missed our last MHN appt as it was just before xmas, and we were flat out, so I dont think hes been since septemberish. I must write it on my list of things to do.
    On our walk tonight my sis had an allergic reaction to something in the air, so stopped at her place halfway round. I kept going and regretted it, as I stressed about her the whole way. Oh well she is a bit better now after heaps of drugs.
    Sleep well all you bubbas and mumma's

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hey girls, thanks for all your support it really, really means a lot to me. And I'm sure you're all right, that there is nothing majorly wrong but yep it's still scary all the same. I'm definitely not looking forward to it, I'm still kinda scared about it because I know things can still go wrong with it so I'm hoping it will all go smoothly. Also not looking forward to the prep, that's going to be god awful, thank God we have 2 toilets here.

Kate- Oh you poor thing, if it's not one thing it's another for you guys. I really hope Kelse gets better soon, glad to hear she's picking up a little thanks to Rach's tip. I hope none of you catch it either.

Hay- Glad to hear that pup's MCHN appointment went well. Jonah couldn't stack the blocks at his appointment, he kept taking down the stacks that she made and putting them back on the table, lol.

Rach- No, you didn't scare me, I was scared already, thanks for the heads up though *mwah*

Ummmmm and now I cannot remember what everyone else said, doh!

Brooke- Where are you hun? I hope you are well and that Maya is doing ok

Oh I remember

Deb- Nup Jonah doesn't doesn't get out of bed in the night and come into us, generally he doesn't do this unless it's time to get up (between 7 and 8am) Sometimes he does wake a little earlier and if so I just put him in the bed with me and he goes back to sleep for another hour or so. ATM we are just having trouble with him going to bed at all, last night he was still up at 11pm, he went to bed eventually but then he ended up in our bed this morning but I don't remember what time or how he got there, pmsl.

Oh and someone asked if him not going to bed is because of teeth, well he seems to have them all, well they are all through just not all the way up yet I don't think, would this still cause him some pain?

Sorry, this has gotten long hasn't it? Whoops!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast