Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #19

cazoraz Guest

Bec - sorry to hear you're not well, hope it all goes ok.

Kate - hope Kels is feeling better soon.

Hayseed - gees I hope my MHN isnt that hard on Cole, he wouldnt know what a fox or rabbit is, same farm yard books here too! Blocks he'll be good at, its his favourite thing.

On our front - Coleman is FINALLY walking by himself! YAY! So I'm much less worried about his hearing now cos the drugs he's been on for a few weeks seem to haev worked, he is talking much more & clearer, and started walking, so maybe the drugs have cleared his ears out after all! Fingers crossed.

So I'm going to do his 18mo MHN visit & immunisation on Monday, I really didnt want to go before he could walk so he just made it!

Hope you all have a good weekend
    xxxCaz

Woo Hoo for Coleman, Caz. WTG Buddy!!!! You're a clever little walking boy! I'm so glad too that the drugs have helped his ears too Caz. Sounding good all round.

Bec, bum stuff aint pretty, but we've still gotta look after ourselves, don't we? I'm glad you're going to get something done. I had Lymphocitic Colitus - which basically mean...TMI... my bowel wasn't draining out the liquid to make 'solid waste', so for about 8 weeks, I had diahorea. Anything I ate went straight through me. NOICE! However once I had the exploritory surgery to find this out through a biopsy (oh and they found a stomach ulcer too) I went to drugs which helped. I stopped taking them after only a few weeks and was back to normal again. I was off milk for a long while, and never have really gone back to it, but I'll have it in moderation - hot choc, cereal, in stuff... YKWIM. I hope yours is as easily fixed. And dont stress the prep, it's just part of it. It doesn't hurt, it's just unpleasant. I'll be fine baby. *hugs*

Blake had a better night last night. I gave him some Dimetapp cause he nose was a bit runny again, and he was coughing around 3am so I gave him some more. He slept really well until 8.30am. Not sure if the drugs lightly sedated him or just made him comfortable to sleep. Whatever it was, it was a better night all round.

Kate I hope your girls are ok, and that Kelsey's over her gastro bug. And that noone else got it. *hugs*

Hi to everyone, Deb, Brooke, Hay, Gemma, Vanita, Lisa (Brooke's mum, I think it's Lisa!), Heather -where are you baby?, Umm, have I missed anyone? sorry. *big group hug*

Brooke, good luck for growing the fingernails ( have never been a nail biter, but I would guess it would be like giving up smoking) the pixi photo sounds like a great idea. you are so good with the website, I've got no idea how to, and just havent done anything about it. good that your headspace is flowing.
    love to you all.

Rach, glad to hear Blake had a better night sleep. Dion was awake from 2 -4 am, must be the weather or the age LOL.

Caz, good to hear Col is up and walking, and that the drugs have done their job.

Bec, good to hear Jonah stays in his bed most of the time, and is not up and down.

went out today and did all the back to school shopping, shoes, ballet clothes ( for Rianna - she looks soooo cute) lunch boxes, contact, uniform pants, sox, so its all done now all I have to do is contact all the books, fun fun.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Caz- Thanks, I hope everything will be ok too. That's good that Cole is walking now, that must be a relief.

Rach- Thanks for talking me through it, I'm sure everything will be fine, it sucks that I have to wait so long though but the place was booked out until the 6th of Feb but that's the day we leave to go to Sydney Nevermind, I'm quite sure that it's nothing major. I was being naughty and never drinking enough throughout the day so I'm pretty sure that was a huge part of my problem, because since upping my fluid intake I've not had a problem at all, so am pretty sure if it was something serious my issue would be more constant that it is but it's not so that's gotta be a good sign huh?

Vanita- It is good, at the beginning I was worried that we would have a huge problem with him getting out all the time but he's good as gold. We shut the door whilst we are still up but open it when we go to bed. Then when he wakes up he just wanders in and wakes us up. Hooray for getting all the back to school stuff, that was my favourite part about going back to school, getting all new stationery and stuff, I was always chuffed going back to school with all my new things. I can't wait until Jonah goes to school and I get to buy all that kind of stuff again. Is it sad that one of my favourite shops is Officeworks? lol

Brooke- Hey there Glad to hear that all is well with you. that Maya was sick. Enjoy your few days down south.

Hey to everyone else

I love buying it too Bec, and its not even for me LOL. I think I will start covering the books tonight ( will probably take more than one night) The last few days Dion has been quite a pleasant little chappie, not as many tantrums as usual, and I have managed to diffuse the one he has started to throw before they get out of hand. It makes me sad that I only have another week off, coz I think it is making a difference me being here all the time with him, oh well gotta do what ya gotta do hey.

Oh Kate darling. I'm so sorry to hear that Kelsey is still unwell. The poor little mite. Time will help her through it. Keep the fluid up, even if she is still chucking. She will be keeping some of it down. Don't worry too much about her weight loss. Yes, it is a noticable amount, but fortunately Kelsey has her size on her side. A 'daintier' girl would be in a worse way. She can 'afford' to lose it, and still be ok. I'm glad your IL's came and helped. Don't sweat sorting out Rylee's wardrobe too much. You need to conserve your energy too. Lovely of you to get Ry's prints. It's great to look back on - I love looking at Viv's tiny ones.

Bec, No probs with my sharing. I'm sure you'll be fine. Enjoy Sydney. Try and relax while you're there.

Vanita/Bec, I love doing the school book thing too. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately) there's not much to buy Viv this year. We get all her books from school. She doesn't need shoes or runners, we've bought the contact. I might get her a new school dress or two if they don't - will have to try her old ones on. Still, I do get my contacting day. I love covering books!

HI everyone,

Hay - sounds as tho Pup did well at the MCHN visit. He is so clever. I'm sure Al would have failed the pointing test, besides the fact that he wouldn't know what those animals were, he isn't much good at pointing at things.

Kate - oh my goodness poor Kelsey being sick still. When we took Al to hospital after his febrile convulsions they stuck him on a glucose drip for about 12 hours. He was a little bothered by it being attached to his right hand, but otherwise it wasn't so terrible for him. I hope Kelse won't need to be admitted to hospital and she comes good soon. *****...Loving get well healthy vibes are coming her way...****

Rachel - well we have made an offer on the house! So we should know something in the next few days. Its exciting, but we're trying not to get too excited, as someone could out-bid us and then we're out. Its already at our top price. I hope we have some good news on that soon. Hope Blake is sleeping well for you again.

Bel - great to hear from you. I'm jealous you have a pool too! Sounds like Coby is doing so well. Love his big glasses!

Vanita - interesting that Dion is responding so well to having some more of your attention and you're seeing less tantrums. Great that he's happier. It must be frustrating for him that he can't just say, 'mum, I miss you when you're not here' - the time will come! Enjoy the book covering sessions!

Brooke - good on you for giving up your nail biting. I used to bite mine too as a kid. Once I stopped I don't remember wanting to ever do it again. Its not like smoking in that way. I was a smoker and I don't remember going through many days in the last 2 years when I haven't wanted to have one. This pregnancy has been particularly difficult. Even though I would not smoke while pregnant, the smell of it givesme cravings. Weird. Sorry got side tracked there. Good luck with it! Woohoo for quitting your job, that would have been hard to do given so many had quit this month.

Hey Caz! Big woohoo for Cole walking and his ears getting better. He must feel much happier.

Hi Bec - Jonah is a good little boy for staying in his bed, what a champ!

I begin my course tomorrow! 3 days a week plus all the hours of homework they will expect. But I will give it a try. Could all become a bit much with a potential house-move around the corner, but we are just playing it one step at a time. I suspect I will have a lot less time on BB unfortunately, but will keep you all posted on how its going. I can't really not check in here! I'd miss you all too much! Hope you all have a beautiful week and thanks for sending good thoughts our way for the house. It seems to have worked thus far.
    Sending baby vibes out to those in the 2ww....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita/Rach- Hehehehehehe, glad I'm not the only weirdo with regards to school stuff, lol.

Vanita- Gee I hate the tanty stage. Jonah tends to tanty right near something and ends up hurting himself, silly bugger. I find that if I distract him with something the tanty is very short lived.

Kate- Oh no, poor Kelse. I really hope that she doesn't need to have and IV at the hossy. Hoping things get better very soon. Let me know if you need any more help.

Rach- Sydney should be great. Arranging a meet with the girls up there and we are going to see Little Britain Live, so am really looking forward to that. We're not there for long but I hope to be able to relax a little.

Deb- Still have fingers crossed for the house, it's good that it's looking pretty good so far. Good luck with your course, remember to take some time to rest and put your feet up though, you can't be burning yourself out.

Just had an sms from Kate...
    "Pls let the BB girls know (as they might be wondering) that Kelse is going to be rehydrated by nasal tube in Frankston Hosptial. Not sure how long she'll be in. At least 5 hours from now, possibly overnight" They'd seen the dr this morning and were at Frankston Hossy at 1.15pm when I first text her to see how Kelse was.
    Hugs Kate honey for you and Kelse. I hope the rehydration make a world of difference.
    xx

Bec, oh it's your Little Britain trip, I'd forgotten about that! Enjoy it, and meeting up with the girls. And no, you're so not the only weirdo! I usually do it with my g/f and her son, but I was so sad when I realised that he probably wont want his school books covered in Batman etc cause he starts high school this year. We usually have such a great day together. *sigh* She did say that she'll be doing all his text books in clear contact so we can still have our day.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for your house Deb. This has got to be the one! Good luck with starting your new course too. You are amazing!

V, make the most of this week on holidays. Yes you gotta do what you gotta do, so don't get mummy guilt over it. He's a gorgeous little boy and you're all doing a great job. Enjoy this week. *hugs*

Rach, LOL at no mummy guilt IMPOSSIBLE. I have the biggest mummy guilt over EVERYTHING. Do they do too many activies, or not enough? Do I spend too much money? or not enough? Do I do enough for them? Or too much?? Do they have the right diet? Or too many take aways? Do they get enough exercise? Do I support them enough? Listen to them enough? promote their independance? Teach them how to be a good person? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kate, aww honey, you might be suprised how well she gets and how qiuck. I know when mine have had to be admitted to hospital it has improved things sooo quick I hope you all cope relatively well, and Kelsy is not too distressed ( IV's are less upsetting sometimes for the littlies)good luck, look forward to hearing of your return home. sending get well vibes over to Miss Kelsey.

Bec, enjoy your trip, when do you go- oh forget that just read its the 6th Feb ( shhh thats a few days before my b'day) Enjoy the band. Good that the fluids seem to be improving things, should be fine hey !!!!! Dion seems to ahve a permanent bruise on his forehead from Head butting, I have been worried he'll do some damage, and of course my younger sister goes and says to me " you know I reckon he's autistic or something like that" YOWSER what a downer, now I'm stressing out and watching him sooo closely to see signs of "syndromes" UGH>

Deb, fingers crossed for your house, good luck vibes heading your way ( PS are you sure your name is not Mary LOL) have fun with the course ( do they only let you do these courses if you are pregnant ??? LOL)

Covered some of the books last night ( did 7 still have about 30 to go LOL) We are taking the big kids on a trail ride down Rye tomorrow, so that should be fun. My sis is babysitting - first time for a while, hope she can cope ( or the kids can cope LOL) at least physically I know they are safe, she is an OT and a paramedic, so dont have to worry about that. Hope Miss Kelsey is getting better, will be thinking of her.

I know you too well Vanita, that's why I had to add the Mummy guilt line!

I sms'd Kate about an hour ago to see if there was any news of Kelsey but I haven't head back. Hopefully they're all asleep somewhere. Hugs Kate.

had MCHN check today - no book with foxes and rabbits, but stacking blocks, mimicing pouring a pot of tea, stirring and drinking and drawing with a pencil. I believe he passed.

He now weight 13kg - which is what I expected, is 87cm tall - grew 9cm since 12mth check! And head ... well can't remember figure but is 80 percentile. Doing well. Not many words which I knew. She expected a few more but not worried. Glad he signs a bit. Encouraged us to keeep reading and using words as much as possible. " would you like a drink Blake? Here is your drink Blake. Did you enjoy your drink Blake?" Repetitive stuff.

Off to bed, my DH is already there!

V, Woo hoo for covering. I have to wait until 24/1... it's so far away!

Big hugs Kelse! Hope you're feeling better by now chicky!! And hope you're a lot more relaxed Kate!

I LOVED starting school too. All the new stuff. God it was great. By the end of the 2nd week I didn't think it was all that great tho.......

Talking about things of the bum (sorry Bec!), I reckon that since I was in the later stages of pg with Pup, I have constantly had little fissures (tears) in my bum. I got really concerned about the fact that I would always have blood when doing #2's and mentioned it to my (wisecracking, but very good) GP. He said that the way that they fix it, was via anal stretching. When I asked what that was, he said.."exactly what it sounds like". Ewwwww. Ok, I can put up with the little tears.

Mind you, like you Bec, I am a shocker at drinking water. DH reckons I am like a camel and honestly, I could go 3 days without a drink. I think I can slove it myself really!!!

Updated from Kate's sms at 12.30am...

"Kelse not too flash. Ry & I just got home (12.30am). Shane staying night with Kelse. Kelse still getting fluid from nasal tube. Four hours had turned into 9+ hours. Kelse still vomiting. Gained 1/2kg though. Found issues in urine (which they waited hours for) so are waiting another for another wee for retesting. Poor thing looks shocking. They told us it's likely Ry, Shane an I will gt it. Ry will need tube too if she gets it. Hope Ry lets me sleep tonight and Kelsey's ok by morning."

Oh sweetheart. As I said it my sms, she's in the best place so she can be rehydrated. Shane was with her last night so Daddy was there if she woke. I hope the rest of you don't get it. Hugs Kate. Love to all of you.
    xx

What a worry for you Kate. Poor little Kelsey. As Rachel says, she is in the best possible place in order to get better. Wanting to send you lots of love and positive energy for today.

Kate, glad to hear that Kels is a bit better, and at least hydrated. good luck for you guys not catching it, fingers crossed big time. thinking of you all.

Hay, upping your fluid intake will definately help reduce to occurance of fissures have you got a cream for them ( it soothes heaps). Maybe put a 2 litre jug in the fridge and aim to drink it everyday. I definately dont have that prob. I LOOOOVE to drink and overdrink if anything LOL

Rach am worried about what the MHN is going to say about "mr grunt alot" who doesnt use hardly any words ( she might agree with my sis that he is autistic or something) Oh well. Blake is a good weight and height. I hope Dion has grown. We are not booked in til 2nd feb. We have to do Rianna's 3 1/2 yr check at the same time, so will be there about 1 1/2 hrs. Mmmm I am the queen of mummy guilt hey??

Well we enjoyed our horse ride today, and have iceskating planned for tomorrow.

cazoraz Guest

Kate - glad to hear you are home and fingers crossed Kelse gets better really soon! My girlfriends 8mo has been in Frankston Hospital too over the weekend with gastro, constant vomitting and wont keep anything down, must be going around.

To the fellow school book geeks - sooooooo glad its not just me! I am about to start my first year teaching (I have yr 7's and a Yr 9 elective) and you should have seen my trolley when I went to Big W last week! You would think I was supplying the entire school with books, but there were such great bargains I just had to keep buying!

Caz, LOL maybe you were buying for the entire school???

Well Dion has paid me back for going away from him for the day. The tanty's so far tonight have been HORRENDOUS !!! this is a taste for when I go back to work next week.

Well now my little man is ill. Nothing like Kelse tho (thank god), but so not him, it tugs at my heartstrings. He woke up at 4am, 6am and then 8am crying (VERY unlike him...normally sleeps through until 8.30am). Anyway, has had a temp all day of 39 and is very lethargic. No spews and no poos (in fact, it is more the other way....a bit bound up - but that may be because he has hardly drunk anything.) He slept till 9.30am with me in bed (again, VERY unlike him to sleep with mummy anymore) and then got up, had a few mouthfuls of coco pops (!) and a couple of sips of milk and then was back in bed (with mummy, as he was very grizzly) until 12.45pm. He got up was dosed with drugs and appeared much better until panadol wore off. Had another small sleep later in arvo, but temp spiked again and was very unwell.

Got him to sleep at 9.30pm and hope he stays that way, although I am prepared for a disrupted night. He is very clingy and grizzly, poor love.

Hope it is a 24 hr thing and he'll be right as rain tomorrow.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast