Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #4

Hi girls, hope you are all well.

Bel – Amy has been sleeping on her belly for about 8 weeks and she is fine. She couldn’t roll back to her back at the start and we were worried. We have an Angelcare too for peace of mind. We spoke to SIDS and they said that there is a greater risk if you put something in the cot rather than if they are on their belly. BTW, Coby has beautiful eyes. I have given up on the weight loss as I hope to be pg again soon. Will work it all off next time. Hope you had a good walk.

Vanita – That is funny that Dion was looking at you, it must have been a shock.

Hayseed – Will have to look at the milk intake as we have just dropped a bottle. The Nan formula tin says 3 feeds of 210mls which is what Amy gets now.

Kate – Good luck TTC! I hope we are pg together again! Amy rarely spews now although she did start again when we changed to the 6mths+ fomula. Yay for Kelsey’s hair. This sounds yuk but whenever Amy spews we call in our reliable spew licker dog and she cleans it up. She does a better job than us! We are getting the carpets steam cleaned this weekend.

Deb – It’s great you are in Sydney, enjoy your holiday! 7 feeds wow!.

Brooke – Congratulations! Hope Dan proposes soon and you say yes!! Maya is doing really well, you must be so pleased with her. Hope you are feeling better. Did you get the wrap and CD? I Express Posted it to you and you should have it by now. Yay for the toof, the next one will come quick. We have never let Amy cry her self to sleep and she doesn’t really cry at all anyway which is good. If she is unsettled we will talk to her or pick her up and once she stops we put her back in her cot. It has worked well so far.

Amy has been on solids for about two weeks now. She loves her food and had had rice cereal, pears, applies, carrots and has tried a little bit of sweet potato and zucchini. She has dropped a bottle the last few days to 3 a day (210ml each) but seems a little hungry so we will increase those 30ml more. She is still sleeping 12-13 hrs a day and doesn’t cry or want to get up during the night. DH is doing an excellent job looking after her while I am at work. TTC number 2 ATM, gave Dec a miss cause I didn’t want to be pg for Xmas. Amy is sitting on her own, saying lots of things but no real words yet and almost crawling. She still only has the 2 teeth and is squealing a lot. She is so loud!

Better go and do some work! Have a good day.

Gemma,

as I said, the infor I have (and gave above) was based on BF babies. So bottle fed ones might be different as far as number of feeds per day. I doubt Pup is taking 210ml in one go from me, and that might be why he feeds more frequently.

Hayseed

belmarks Guest

heya chicks - thanks for the reassurance re Coby's sleeping on his tummy. I am ok with it now and will just play it by ear...

Gemma - seems that there are a few of us TTC now, hopefully we will all be pg together again, wouldn't that be nice. :bellyrub: Although I won't hold my breath for me to get pg soon, I had heaps of trouble getting pg with Coby. Fingers crossed that it happens soon for us too. We must all be getting "the itch". tee he he :smt055

Coby has had a great day today, it seems the baby whisperer's advice is starting to work with Coby, I put him down to sleep a few times today and he just put himself to sleep - its so wonderful not having to pat/rock/sing whatever to get him to sleep.....aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

How have your days gone with the bubs today chickens???

Brooke - I decided to join Weight Watchers today to try and motivate myself to lose those last 5 kgs, hopefully now that Ive paid money I will move my acre and lose it!!

belmarks Guest

Wow great improvement in Kelsey's weight. Its good when you can see progress hey!!

Fingers crossed Kate, just wait a few more days and re-test.....

I think Im getting AF, signs are sort of there, a bit of spotting, but no pain or anything, and no mood swings....This will only be my second AF since stopping BFing...

Hayseed – Sorry whenever I see a measurement like 210ml I think it’s formula. Not really having breastfed, I forget about expressed bf getting measured.

Bel – Good luck TTC! And good luck at WW, great idea to go there when TTC to lose those few kgs. Glad to hear the Baby Whisperer is working for Coby.

Kate – Thought I would give Dec a miss to get my body back to normal and didn’t want to be restricted in eating at Xmas. That sounds selfish. On CD 12 today, not temping but tracking CM. We are working till late every night this week as our house is on the market and people are coming to inspect it from next Monday. There were a few TTC again. I know Gwen (Welshgirl) is too but she was in May I think. Mother’s group sounds like fun, you will have to watch it with Kelsey’s boyfriend. Isn’t it great that they can start to recognise other people/babies. You will have more of a chance to conceive if you have stopped bf. But you might already be pg, CD 26 is early to test, how many DPO?. That’s great that Kelse has put on weight. Good luck with TTC!

Amy has her immunisations today, poor baby. I am glad DH is taking her as I hate seeing her cry. She was tired yesterday and a bit sooky as she is still recovering from 4 big days in the car looking at houses and travelling a lot.

belmarks Guest

Gemma, I hope Amy handles her immunisations ok, poor little chicken. Coby's 6 month ones were fine, only two needles now instead of 3.

Hay - been meaning to ask if you are going down the IVF route again, or just trying naturally???

:wave:

Good luck to all TTC, I hope your bodies play the game, and give you your hearts desires!!!
    By the way I AM NOT TTC #5 LOL!!!
    I have been on hols, and have to start back at work on mon, ](*,) oh well all good things must end, have been reading your posts daily, but not had anything worthwhile to contribute. Just wanted to wish you all luck in TTC.

Hiya ladies

Brookey..i think from memory the meetup is this Sunday??( i always forget about the local member forum 8-[ ) and we are actually heading down to albany for a week leaving Sunday...maybe another time..are you going?LOL at the pumpkin face..the darlings have the funniest expressions dont they.

Vanita that is hilarious..you must have got the shock of your life seeing Dions little head poking out..pmsl

Gem hope little Amy is ok with her immunisations..poor lil sweetie.

Kate..sounds like Kelse is going great guns...thats so terrific. Goodluck with your testing too...i think a is coming for you very soon.

Bel thats so great that Coby is settling by himself. Its so fantastic when they work out its not too bad going to sleep!!! I feel so lucky with Sammy cos he does settle easlily now..its fantastic.

Hay like you..i really dont think Sammy has 210ml a feed..those sort of figures baffle me...though my fellas doing so well..so think we will just do what works for us.

Its a beautiful day today. We went to the beach again last night. Sammy loves it. He sticks his little feet in the sand and wriggles them all about ..its so cute. Sammy loves boo now too...makes him crack up hysterically..lol.

Well gonna go peak into the other forums ..i should be doing a thousand other things but oh well..lol

Jo

belmarks Guest

hey Brooke, yep, Coby has been like that for a while, not the extreme, but needs to see me all the time and if I leave the room, well just about everyone in the street hears about it. Its impossible for me to do anything, my housework has just gone out the window - hopefully I won't get any important visitors....

Coby is 7 months tomorrow, I cannot believe it. :blowcandle: That time has just flown by.

We have our appointment with the paediatrician tomorrow, I really hope he can help us with this reflux business, I am so sick of smelling like vomit!! And now the vomit is technicolor so it is staining everything.....yuck!!

Hi gals,

I posted a medium size post earlier today while Pup was sitting on my knee and just as I went to send it, he hit the Esc button and I lost it!! Buggar.

So here it is again.....what I remember anyway!

I have also tested to see if I am pg. I guess I'm going to follow some of your recommendations and test once a month to just see. Otherwise, how will I know. Anyway, this morning's test came up a BFN. I was sort of hoping that it was a BFP as I have been getting all these weird signals...feeling a bit light headed, getting achy AF pains but thinking it could be uterine stretching ('cause no show on AF as yet). But nope. I'll test again at beginning of Feb to keep track.

We had a visit to the drs this morning as Pup has developed a rash over all his body except face, legs and arms. He got it yesterday and I thought initially that it might be a heat rash as I had him int he Baby Bjorn carrier while shopping and he is a very sweaty baby. But I had him indoors all arvo with the a/c and no improvment. In fact, it got worse. Then I thought that it might be a reaction to a food, but I haven't fed him anything new for a couple of days (for the past few days he's been on farex and mashed banana. So that wouldn't be it either.

Convinced he was getting chicken pox (or worse) I saw the dr this morning. he said that it is a "non specific viral infection"...aka for "I dunno!!" Dr said that babies get all kinds of rashes and for the majority of them, the drs have no idea what they are. The rash doesn't seem to be bothering Pup at all. He is good as gold, is not itching (what I have seen anyway) and doesn't have a temp. I just have to keep an eye on it and go back if it gets worse or I get worried. This arvo, the rash was no better but no worse. I took photos of it for reference just in case.

Strange though huh?

As for ttc again, we are going au natural. Even though we did IVF, Pup was a miraculous conception and pregnancy (not in the sense of the Virgin Mary!! Just miraculous!!) So hopegfully histroy will repeat itself again for us.

I'm sure there where other things on my other post, but can't remember.

Hayseed

cazoraz Guest

Hello girls I am here again! Sorry I have been MIA, hectic Christmas, mum moved overseas which was very sad, SIl decided to go insane and start a fight on Christmas Day, the works! So hopefully the New Year will be calmer for us!

I havent read all the thread yet so will give a quick update on us.

Coleman is growing like there's no tomorrow, he is huge! He is wearing Lucy's clothes that fit her at 12months, and he only 6months! We had our 6month checkup and he is going to be tall and lean like his dad we think - 8.4kg and 69cm tall already!

He is thriving away on his solids, he's at 3meals a day already, even though its only been a few weeks since he started. As soon as we started he just wanted it all teh time, he has dropped one milk feed though so it makes my life easier.

I did notice in glancing PP talking about 3feeds not being enough at this age, but just wanted to say thats what Cole is on now and he is breastfed still too. I wasnt planning on dropping one of the feeds until I start teaching and uni again in feb/march but he dropped it himself, he much prefers a big lunch and a sippy cup of watre, wont take the boob after that so I'm just following his lead. he is a big drinker though, my boobs are still huge, which is great for my figure & wallet, but it would be nice to have slightly more freedom!

Kate - is the Feb meet still on in Frankston? Any developments?

Catch up soon
    xxxCaz

Amy has her third tooth!!! No wonder she has been a bit sooky the last couple of days. DH has been feeling her gums for the middle top ones as she has her bottom centre two. Her left one next to the middle top ones has come through and this will look weird when it gets bigger.

Bel – 7 months for Coby wow! Amy only had 2 needles too which was good. She cried for a minute then she was fine. She always throws up soon after her needles. Good luck at the paediatrician.

Vanita – Hi and welcome back, hope you had a great holiday. I don’t blame you for not wanting to TTC #5, you do so well with 4. Hope it is not too hard for you back at work on Monday. Do you live in Pakenham? We are moving to Pakenham as we need a bigger house and I posted a thread in general chatter about the good areas there. Can you help at all?

Brooke – Glad the wrap fitted Maya. I don’t check my home e-mails much which is why I asked. I do miss Amy although it is much easier now. My few hours at night are very special and I have her a lot on the weekends. I thought you and Dan were already married. How exciting to be getting engaged soon, any ideas on how you want your wedding? Isn’t it funny when they screw up their face. I have taken some photos of Amy yesterday screwing up her face with carrot. Amy is clingy when she is teething. It is good when they want to cuddle you but it is hard when they are being very demanding. At least you know it will pass when those toofs come through.

Jo – Thanks for thinking of Amy. It would be so good going to the beach regularly. Sammy sounds like he loves it and it is so good for the mind and body. The fresh air is fantastic. Boo is such a fun game, Amy loves it too.

Kate – Fingers crossed to you for a BFP! It’s seems different for #2. For the first I think we were all charting meticulously and now it’s it it happens good if not wait till next month. I am not even charting this time.You will probably get a BFP doing it this way. Did you start Kelsey on yoghurt after introducing other solids first? Hope Kelsey is okay today after her vaccinations. Lunch and the walk would have been great, it was a great day yesterday. I met Bec and Johah at a BB meet a few months ago.

Hayseed – Poor pup with a rash, I wonder what has caused it. Maybe giving his body some nudie time or just a singlet may help to air his skin. Poor little baby, I hope it goes away soon.

Caz – Don’t you love family time at Xmas, where would Xmas be without an argument. Where did you mum move to? Wow at Coleman fitting into 12mo clothes. Sounds like he is doing really well.

I have thought up an ingenious way to post here regularly. I copy all posts into word then answer in word and copy it to BB at lunchtime. That way I am not on the net and am looking like I am working. Very clever me thinks
    What are you feeding bubs? We are still introducing vegies for Amy and she has rice cereal at lunch and rice cereal mixed in with a vegie at night. I read that they can have Wheat Bix but rice cereal sounds better. How long do they have rice cereal for? Was thinking of rice cereal for b’fast when she has a third meal. Have a problem with her blowing bubbles when she eats and will post in Baby & Toddler.

Thanks for the list Kate, I have just printed it out. DH is starting the different foods so I will give it to him. We filed our list from the MCHN and should have really been using it. Carrots and Zucchini are second stage foods, whoops. Will get back on track and do the first stage foods. DH did buy some Heinz organic jars because we are out and about on the weekends and the frozen cubes of puree won't keep. We wil give her a couple in few days. As much as we want to give her home made food, the jars are going to be fresh and convenient when out. Thanks for your feeding regime too. AF hasn't come yet for you, when are you going to test? Fingers crossed!

Who else is feeding jars and not just home made food?

hi everyone,

kate has that baby yogurt got sugar in it? i looked at them all and they seemed to have sugar that's why i got jalna (with the black lid) but i didn't see your brand. fingers crossed for your BFP!

brooke i don't really worry about the few days thing for introducing solids i just mash up some of what we are having and give it to oscar. but i have never been a stickler for the rules

hayseed my kids have had non specific rashes without being sick, keep an eye on it but try not to worry.

gemma i would feed jars if i had to but i haven't. i must admit though i only would feed him jars with pure say fruit or vegies no gum, additives etc.

caz nice to hear from you and cole

coby happy 7 months

fletch how's it going? hope you and zane are doing ok.

Hi to everyone and bubbas

well oscar has no teeth yet and doesn't look like getting any for a long while. he is loving solids and is eating with us at night. den gets up early and gives him breakfast and today he had lunch cos he was crying when we all were eating. it is such a pain with solids bring back those yummy breastfed poohs he is a bit stinky now! someone asked about clingy babys. oscar had been clingy for a few weeks now and crys if anyone out of our immediate family holds him hence he doesn't get held by anyone else at the moment. he doesn't cry when i leave the room but he has two brothers and his dad around as well so there is always someone to entertain him. what will i do when they all go back to work/school? ok i have organised my scrapbooking stuff again so am right in the middle of it. yay. love scrapbooking.

mwa to all
    beckles

Hay, sorry I dont know Dion hasnt shown much signs of teething yet. The girls all had 4 teeth at 4months, I guess he's not in a hurry!!
    I use the jars , and being a slacker, He has everything. umm He reacts to pumpkin though ( my others did too) His paed said he wanted him on meat and veg asap, as he is borderline anaemic ( with all the chest probs ) so he eats tinned apple and oatmeal for breaky, vegies for lunch, and meat and vegies for dinner. ( usually home made, I have chicken, steak, and lamb cooked, and frozen, also spuds, peas, broccoli, cauli, carrots, and thats all) I havent tried the baby yogurt yet, was looking at it the other day
    Dionhas always sooked when I leave the room ( mum said its more common with BF babes, but who knows??)

belmarks Guest

Hey chickies, how are we all?

We went to the peadiatrician today and got some news. Coby hasn't got reflux (which is what I thought anyway) he's just got an immature sphincter valve between his oesophagus and his stomach and this is what is letting food pass back into the oesophagus and come back up. So the Zantac that the other quack prescribed was never going to do anything for him, as it only helps relieve the symptoms of reflux i.e. acid burn etc. Paed was very happy with him, thought he was a very happy little chappy and that he is growing nicely. Gave me lots of encouragement and I feel so much better for seeing him today.

Beckles - yes their poos do stink when going on to formula, isn't it horrible!!

Brooke - have you got airconditioning? This humidity is a shocker hey! Coby struggles with the heat, he's such a hotdog!!

Gemma - I give Coby a combination of jars and homemade stuff. In the morning he has apple and banana cereal or something similar, lunch he has fruit from a jar/tin and dinner I make myself and buy dessert....

Kate - what's going on? Anything happening - I haven't got AF yet, waiting for her to arrive....

Caz - sounds like christmas was fun!! Good on Cole for going so well!!

Coby has discovered my dog Buffy (about a month or two ago) and he just loves her, its great! She loves him too, she goes over and licks him and he just laughs so hard, his whole body giggles with him! Its hilarious. He also loves the cats, and whenver they walk in the room he cannot take his eyes off them, he tries to pat them and ends up taking handfulls of fur, poor cats, I'll have to watch him when he gets bigger, don't want him to be mean to them!!

Sorry if I've missed anyone. Hope you are all having wonderful days with your bundles of joy!!

Hi all,

well the rash is almost gone, so I dunno what it was. Pup was never sick though, so that is a blessing.

Beckles, I was in Geelong today and bought a few odds and ends of scrapbooking stuff at Spotlight. \/ . Now I just need to find the time to actually scrap!! I am sooooo slow at it.

I was just filing out a baby book for Pup where I was filling out the family tree part, I accidentally put my mum's name in the area for "mum", instead of mine!! Doh!! What an idiot! Still coming to terms of being called a mum. I reckon I saw the word mum and just thought of my own. Now I'm going to have to get some liquid paper or something to blot it out so I can correct it. And it's going to be so obvious that I ****ed it up!!!

Hayseed

Kate,

where is the link to get to the Down Under HPTs?? I looked int he directory on the mian site, but couldn't find it.

Hayseed

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast