Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #5

Kate look forward to hearing the bld test results, finger crossed!!!

Hayseed Bummer to pups bad night, you can try a nasal spray, or those nose suckers personally I swear by Dimetapp!!! This is how Dion has fed on and off since he got Bronchiolitis at 6 weeks!! This is the "yucky" BF in the day age, Dion is a PITA when it comes to day feeds too!!

Brooke< nah you dont wan tMaya to go to school, the house is very quiet without them!! and the run run of the day, coz then you start the activities too, I looove holidays, time to chill!!! The twins walked on new years day ( 13 months) Lakeisha should have walked a few weeks earlier, but waited for Tahlia to be ready!!!

Heather: Sad, but happy about the weaning, I find it very frustrating, coz Dion wont take the bottle hardly at all, so I have to be on Tap, and find it frustrating when I want to spend any real time away from him ( more than a few hours) Cool about the signing!!!

Well the girls had a ball at school toay ( *phew*) and I dont know how DIon is sleeping, hopefully not too bad, as Daddy doesnt like missing his sleep !!!

All bubs are soooo different Brooke, Rianna has been my only bub to just sleep through without hassle!! Dion wakes nearly every morning between 4-6. I just redummy, remusic, and if needed rewrap, and we get to sleep again til 7.30. I dont look, speak or anything so he hopefully gets the idea, and if he's not screaming I dont go, sometimes I find I go to soon, and he's not really awake, just "dream sooking" IYKWIM> i think they get themselves in a pattern, when their "behavior" is rewarded with a visit from mum each time, They are getting to be really clever now.

My prob is Dion is unwrapping himself, and waking every hr ( nearly on the hr) to be re wrapped, and of course wont settle without wrapping!!! I know it would just take a few sleepless night to get him trained to sleep without it, but it juts seems I can never bring myslef to knowingly have sleepless nights, KWIM???

OMG Kate....whooooohooo CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Wow!!! How do you feel...that is so great. =D> =D> =D>

Jo

OMG!!!l Kate Congratulations to you , shane and Kelsey. Im just so so happy for you guys. Its so fantastic. Big Hugs and kisses to you all!
    xx

kate omg congrats lovey i am so happy for you all.

brooke you wrote a while ago about maya's sleep issues, oscar sleeps from after dinner until we all go to bed he usually has a feed and then i slip him up to the top and in the middle of our bed where he will sleep until early morning, after den goes to work so he leaves about 6am so he usually wakes after that. then we both go back to sleep until the boys wake for school at about 730 i think. i don't follow any schedules or routine as you all know, and haven't for any of my kids, there is no rights or wrongs for when oscar sleeps or not. some days he does and some he doesn't. please don't think you are doing something wrong. you are doing a great job with maya. this too will pass. i always give challenging behaviour 3 days. when i am in the middle of it i take deep breaths and say only 3 days. so i feel like there is an end. and if it doesn't end in 3 days i start again, only 3 days. hugs to you and maya (ps zak woke and fed 2 hourly day and night for 2 years! )

re rolling sitting, crawling, talking, weaning, remember when they all start school at 5 they would have reach all their milestones and no-one will know who ate what when, rolled, crawled or walked when no-one will know who talked early - late. and no-one will care when they are 5. not that anyone would be worried here about milestones but just in case.

oscar is feeding still during the day as well and hasn't dropped off at all. he lurves it, he doesn't seem to get too distracted just gets down to business and feeds.

kids are back at school :smt022 i miss them and its just me and oskey i am having such a ball with him though. he is trying to clap hands now not very well but he bangs his arms together. also bangs me when he feeds and toys when he is playing. maybe i should call him bam bam!

hi to everyone else
    love beckles

Kate (and others who are bottle feeding) can you give me a run-down of how you weaned from BBs during the day and what bottles, teats and formula you use. Hendrix took formula a few months ago (just a bottle or two)- so i went back to what he had then and he just is not interested. We are using Nan Ha gold with pigeon perastalilc teats. But i got the fastest ones and they just flow so fast?

Would love to hear your journeys

Kate!!!!! I posted a congrats in the preg announcement, but again, it is great news (I'm a bit jealous!! :-({|= to me!! LOL). Seriously, it is a wonderful day! Funny about the changes to the belly buddies group - I liked cathing up with a group regularly too. I used the babies online to journal and people referred to that. Oh well, it is obviously working as they are doing it.

Well, Pup rolled over from front to back today and scared the hell outta my mum and I. I put him on his back on the lounge floor and he pretty much immediantly rolled onto his tummy to play with something. I walked out and went in the kitchen with mum. We could hear him gurgling and then grumping and grizzling, but I thought he was doing this becuse he was frustrated that he couldn't move to where he wanted. My mum went into the lounge to see to him and I could see her looking around the lounge for him and then asks me "where is he?". I nearly FREAKED :shock: !. I raced in and I couldn't see him either! He had rolled over and over and was jammed up against the bottom of the sofa. As we were looking over the back of the sofa, we couldn;t see him (we could hear him though). God it made my heart race. I couldn't believe that he actually rolled, so I picked him up and put him back where I had before and mum and I watched him secretly. Sure enough, he started rolling over and over and moved across the lounge (not fast, he had a rest in between each half roll, but he can definately move now).

So that is our big news for the day!!

Hayseed

hayseed yay to pup playing hide and seek. i have had a few of those omg episodes where is he. scarey!

brooke yeah we just listen to what oscar wants and needs. we have done this with all of the boys and josh slept through 6pm to 6 am from 6 months and now he is 10 it is so josh to decide what and when he will do something. zak as i said didn't sleep much at all and that is so zak, he is our lord a leaping! oscar i think sleeps through pretty much but not as long as josh. they are all so different and i am so glad i listened to zak needing that comforting so often and for so long cos i think he would be so anxious now if i didn't. i go with the flow. i know this style of parenting isn't for everyone though.

oscar is stiring gotta go be back later.
    beckles

Well, AF turned up today!! I think it is a champagne moment!! Dunno what that blood tinged mucous was a couple of weeks back. It was fairly light, so ...who knows?? Maybe my body gearing itself up.

I reckon though that AF is starting up because Pup is on food and dropping of the intesity of his feeds. Morning and night feeds are still as normal, but the day ones are a joke almost. I almost have to take him back into his nursery to feed because he is such a gig - looks at everything and the slightest noise distracts him. I saw the MCHN todya and she said most babies go through this stage and a lot return to normal feeding after a while. Hope so.

Anyway, Pup weighs 7.4kg and is 65cm long. And is coming up 7 months. So in all, he has grown 18.5cm since birth, 10cm around his head and put on 4.3kg in weight. And has become a real darl and sweetie to boot!! (proud mum =D> ).

Hmmm, run out of things to say...

Hayseed

Kate WOOHOOOOOOOOO \/ =D> :shock: Knew it !!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS all the best for this wonderful joy!!!!!!!

Hay, thats great that AF is returning, yes it's pretty much perservering for the day time feeds for us too, I sometimes go and lay on the bed, so there's less distractions, and if we're out< its a few sips and a suck, and a look around!! then he wants to hop on for a few minutes every hr!! So frustrating, but it will pass!!!! LOL at losing Pup, PML when I read you reaction, could just imagine it.

Brooke, :sleeping: Buuma about the full time job, sorta, kwim. I'm sure everything will be fine when you go back to uni, Maya's such a clever little poss, you could probably take her, and let her do your prac (LOL)

Fletch, sorry cant help you there, have tried every single teat on the market and Dion wont drink out of any!!!

Beckles, I have a "routine" of such, but watch for tired signs etc, and follow his lead, we never wake him if we can avoid it, and if he's hungry he hops on ( do a lot of "top ups IYKWIM" he's a bit of a bb boy)
    Twins fed overnight till around 8 months, Rianna didnt want to after 3 months, Dion does sometimes, still now, I am a bit of a go with the flow girl too ( but my back and shoulders are not"healthy" enough to do much baby wearing I do sometimes, but end up in pain if I do it for too long!!)

Well Dion is about to take off on me, he spends most of his time on the floor, up on his hands and knees rocking, and has lifted up his hands and knees , he's also rolling from his tum, to a sitting up. so wont be long now!!! We went to Billy Connelly last night, and mum managed to get him to drink 50 mls out of a bottle!!! So had to feed the poor starving laddie when we got home ( he did sleep though, and didnt scream the whole time :-k ) I lose Dion all the time, bu the pushes himself backwards aroung the house, so usually backs minself in under chairs and tables!!! His chest is still UGH, andwe are seeing the paed again in a few weeks, hoping we can try a few other things, I know he's talking about re testing for CF. But coz he's gaining weight not too worried.

Well I hope you all have a pleasant day ( am going to be stuffed, coz I have to go to Rianna's swimming lessons straight after work, and wont be have any sleepies today!!)

vanita i have a lightweight hence i can sling him. i don't know how my back would go if he was heavier. he had only reached 6.3kg at 6 months. not long now until dion is crawling. eeeek.

hayseed yay to af (kinda) but at least you can try for that bfp now! fingers crossed.

brooke how is that gifted or brilliant child of yours?

kate blurg to getting symptoms but i understand they make you happy. omg i can't imagine being preggy again.

well oscar must be going through a growth spurt cos he is just sleeping non stop. up for a short time and then zonked again. actually i slept this morning with him for 3 hours =D> after the boys went to school. i am just thinking lucky we didn't want our kids close together as i didn't get AF until a month after josh weaned at 18months, for zak it was nearly 3 years and doesn't look like it will come this time in a hurry either. maybe my body knows i didn't want toddler mates! i would lurve another baby but just not another pregnancy i just know i wouldn't cope. anyway this body is too tired and old now! :shock:

hope everyone has a lovely day
    love beckles

Just had to tell you all....

was feeding Pup mashed spud and pumplin today and he really struggles with the potato. Anyway, I'm shovelling it in as fast as I can as we were late for a mums group date and he's got a mouthful and SNEEZES!!!

Ewwwwwwww

Needless to say, I had to change my clothes.....

Hayseed

oh hayseed a technicoloured sneeze ewwwww, or orange anyway.

lol beckles

Hi everyone,

Having just read all the protests over the being no more belly buddy threads has prompted me to post here. I know I've got a June boy, but seeing the June/July thread kinda merged here I am.

I think since my Dad died in November I really lost the plot and didn't feel I had a lot to contribute - emotionally more than anything - however I've always read what going on with 'my girls and their bubs'

I love you guys and I'm still enjoying every minute of your journeys.

Whether I continue to post, I dont' know, but know I'm still travelling with you.

xx

Its good to hear you're still keeping in the know, Rachel, sorry to hear you are not in an emotional happy place ATM. Have you spoken to someone ( grief counselling???)

Kate, I have been pg or Bf for 3 yrs straight, and only had 12 months off prior to that ( where I was pg or BF for over 2 yrs) Basically my body has not been so for a long time, always having to consider the other person, living off or in it!!!! And will most likely be waiting another year before I might actually get it returned to me !!!!

Hay, ewww at the sneeze, Dion hasnt done that, but thinks its really fun to blow rasberries with a mouthful!!!

Beckles, as you know Dion was 4625gm born, but hasnt put on heaps of weight, but is still 8.3kg ( at 6 month check) I wore the twins a lot longer ( born 2115, and 2110) so they took ages til they were too heavy ( and I was heaps younger too!!!) Know what you mean about the tired and old body, I caould have 20 kids, IF I could afford it, and if it didnt wear me out!!!!

Hi Rach - was just thinking of you the other day. Sorry to hear things aren't well with you, but lovely to hear from you. Glad to hear you still keep up with us. Blake looks happy in his photo on your ticker!

Hayseed

Heather,

I picked up the latest copy of Mother and Baby and in the directory at the back there was an ad for the knee protectors that I was after. I ordered them directly from the supplier and got them at $10 cheaper than if I had of gone through the Babies Galore online store (with their rip off postage). I just wrote the check out and was waiting for my DH to sign to send off to you, but I don't need you to get them for me now - I ordered online and paid via PayPal.

So thanks very much for the offer - I should have checked to see if there was a direct site before I asked you to get them for me. However, when I did a google search only the Babies Galore store came up.

Anyway, they should be on their way, so I will have them soon enough. I can report back to everyone here as to whether they were worth the expense or not if you'd like.

belmarks Guest

hello darlings! how are you all?

Just got back from our holiday at QLD, was fantastic but definitely not long enough.

Firstly I must say CONGRATULATIONS to you Kate!! That is fantastic news!! I bet you are excited. Can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy journey

Brooke, Maya sounds so advanced - are you sure she wasn't a month overdue? LOL - She's gonna be a little lady in a hurry her whole life I reckon - there'll be no one holding her back!

Heather, good to see you back, how was your holiday? What's happening with the house? Anyone looking half interested yet? How's Hendy going?

Rachel, so sorry to hear about your dad, you ok honey? If you ever need to talk, please let me know.

Not much else to add at this stage, Coby is nearer to crawling, has got one tooth and is babbling, almost saying mum (I think) but that is all.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast